main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*The Oldbies Writing Guild*~ *2001 and Before*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Miana Kenobi, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Then you and I will have a hell of a time. :p

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'd love to go to Vancouver BC. I've only been twice. It's a great city but I don't have any vacation time (need a job for that and money for anything else.) Most of the times I've been to Canada was to visit Victoria, my mom's hometown.

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I've been to Victoria, B.C. My parents and I visited the Northwest Coast 6 1/2 years ago and we took a ferry over to Victoria. Saw Orca whales on the way over there, toured the something gardens (can't remember the name). It was a nice city, but I wish we would have had transportation like a bus or trolley. Only time we rode the bus was for the tour to the Gardens place.

RebelMom, any plans for any new L/M fics?

4. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I've got one started, Liz, but I've been having a tough time getting much done on it. I've not written much since Mom died. I'm going to keep trying and I might eventually get through my block.

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Denied; you just need to come to California. :p

6. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Can't afford it. :(

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Start saving now! :p

8. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Buy my bread and gas, and then I can save!

9. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    I, too, want to have this hell of a time of which you speak. How else might one go about this?

10. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Yes, come to California!

We have BayCon coming up in May... (I think)

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I want to make it up to WonderCon or BayCon some time. Too bad I don't get out of school until June. :(

12. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Yeah, I have boards in May. :(

13. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    i've decided that sending PMs out when a fic is updated is useless some of the time, especially when a reader replies once, asks for a PM, then never replies again. Or when a reader disappears from the boards for a year (And is on a LOT of fanfic's PM lists). Its also time consuming and stressful to send them out. Sometimes I recommend ATN (active topic notification) instead of asking for a PM cause then there's a list you can look at for activity.

Sorry to hear your mom died, Rebel_Mom. [:D]

*wishes she could figure out how to write her next fic*

14. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I've only done PM story updates once and I don't plan on doing it again. I'm slow enough as it is.
    Liz: Mom died over a year ago. I knew it was coming, she had cancer, but it is still hard. I've actually written a couple of sentences today which is a good thing.

15. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I hate DWB, I haven't written much on any of my to be written fanfics or the one that's on the board. I just get discouraged and lose my inspiration. Should I watch Lois and Clark Season 2 for inspiration? Or should I watch Animaniacs DVD instead? :p

16. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Animaniacs, all the way!

When I run up against writer's block there's a couple things I do to try and break through.

First, I try reading some of the stuff I've already written in the hopes of inspiring further thoughts.

Second, if I'm blocked on one story, I try another, and another. Unless I'm under a deadline of some sort, I don't mind what I'm writing so long as I'm writing something.

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I second the Animaniacs!

18. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    well, my one story I should try to be planning requires me to skim an old classic book I've loved since I was 10 and I need to watch the film adaptation and take notes. I watched a bit of Animaniacs last night, but I need to just get down and write and its driving me crazy. Maybe after I get my new mystery book from B&N I'll feel better. (Its by Joanne Fluke and its called "Carrot Cake Murder").

19. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    After close to 8 years here, I've finally managed to get to 5000 posts! YAY! This is post 4,999 as the next one is going on UsJs.

Hmm, the way I deal with DRB is just to watch movies....it's also a good excuse to eat popcorn. :p

Kithera

20. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Apparently "editor" is synonymous with "Star Wars geek" at work. On Thursday I made the mistake of saying, "Have you ever played the Star Wars pants game?" (it's always a movie quote show down at work). From around 10:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., the editors' corner was a raucous pants arena. We freaked the reporters out, most of them are too cool for the GFFA. Luckily, we got our work done, so we weren't fired (or would that be pantsed?). Not so sure that helped the newsroom fly under the radar, tho... [face_worried]

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    ::does the thread killer dance::

22. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    You didn't kill the thread. Its just not as busy as it should be.

23. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Anyone want to do the procrastination dance with me? I should be studying - but I'm finding it hard to care. :p

24. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I can understand not wanting to study. I've been learning MS Access and I hate it. I do not like databases. [face_hypnotized]

If any of you want to warm up, come down to Tucson. There is no Snow!

25. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I spent all weekend trying to convince my parents that no, I wasn't trying to avoid them. I was simply passed out on my bed for many hours at a time, between sessions of hacking up a lung. Then today, they finally took me seriously and were repentantly fawning about the whole thing. *sigh* Ah, well, at least I know I'm not a hypochondriac. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.