main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*The Oldbies Writing Guild*~ *2001 and Before*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Miana Kenobi, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raysa_Skywalker

Raysa_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2001
    Ooh look, proof that I belong in here. :D

:p

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow, that's horrible. I just moved into my new apartment and it's a lovely place, but has a view of...a fence. And a concrete wall.

3. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Is it dry? :p Still in apartment limbo. My old home is very moldy right now, I refuse to return, especially after a doc visit proved the few hours in that mess affected my lungs. The meds were nice, tho. I can breathe again! :D Crossing fingers/praying that things follow through tomorrow and I'll have a new place shortly. It'll mean taking a short-term financial hit, but it'll be worth it, I think.

Ish, maybe they'd let you paint the concrete wall??

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Paint the ocean!

5. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I hope the mess with your apartment is all taken care of soon, Amidolee.

Last May we had a huge rain storm and I got water in my basement - I had to toss a star wars insider (can't even remember what issue # it was :( ) and a lot of other stuff, including a notebook I had planned a fanfic in (luckily, said fanfic was already finished). I had to live at my parents house until June 30th because at the same time, I had new windows put in my house, not long after this water problem.

Sometime in the next few months, my mom is going to have the carpet replaced and I'll get some sort of flooring that's not carpet. I'll probably have to get one of those special floor mats for computer chairs.

6. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Yep, moved to a new, better place. Of course, still waiting to get my deposit back and had to finish out paying utilities for the half month I wasn't even there, but whatever. I'm outtie. Will hound them for that deposit, tho.

7. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Someone referred me here. I just started being active on the boards again. Nice to read all your familiar names!

So, let's begin, shall we?

Name: p_stotts
    When did you join Fan Fiction and why?: Jan 2001
    Favorite characters to write: Qui and Obi (I was part of the Obi-Torture craze. Anyone for a revival?)
    Favorite classic JC story: Anything by Jane Jinn
    Favorite old writer (as in no longer active on the boards): Jane Jinn
    First story, post date, and your thoughts on it now: Ugh! Do I have to? Oh well... A World Away, first posted Jan 2001. I cringe when I read it now. Talk about your grand delusions. I even revised it once... still no better.
    Reason for sticking around?: Never bothered to unsubscribe, and now I'm back! Perhaps I subconsciously knew it all along.

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Welcome to the club. Us oldbies stick together.

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Oh goodness, Obi-torture. Good times. [face_laugh]

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Gah! Falling behind.

Hows everyone's summer going so far?

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My summer won't officially be started until next Thursday, when I go on a road trip to LA.

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Fun! Be warned; it's freaking hot now.

I'm heading off to Vegas for a week tomorrow with Leona and more JC people. :D

13. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Prince Caspian's time is almost up at my local theatre chain (its down to one location) so my dad and I went to see it. My 2nd time, his first time. Now I'm getting pumped for Wall*E, which I am looking forward to on Friday (hopefully).

Other than that and massive writers block, my summer's okay.....technically Summer just started here (June 21st). ;)

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Wall*E does look cute. Unfortunately, I'll probably see my summer movies in the cold season on DVD, because tickets just cost too much. [face_shame_on_you] Kind of like gas. Don't you love inflation?

15. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    My Episode 1 ticket cost $3.75 for a matinee in 1999. A matinee ticket for Prince Caspian in 2008 cost $6.50. That's cheap compared to states like New York and California, but the prices for Popcorn and soda pop went up with the new ownership and its ridiculous. And like fast food restaurants (at least in the drive thru) they put too much ICE in the cups so when you order a large, you don't get much to drink, its almost always nearly all ice.

I don't like to wait for rentals, except for a small amount of movies.

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Wait, California's HOT?! (Bear in mind I lived in the Mojave Desert.)

17. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Getting ready to go on vacation to MD (where I grew up). We'll spend 3 or 4 days at the ocean, which is always fun, then visit family and such.

I'm fortunate to work for a university in a small town. We can get movie passes for $3 and every Tues is $2 college night. However, like you said, by the time I buy popcorn and soda, I've spent close to $10.

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    We have a similar thing at the dollar theater on Tuesday nights. I once went on a triple date where the biggest expense was the $1.00 giant pickle that we split between me and Josh.

19. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    You're lucky to have a dollar theatre. I can't remember who decided to buy the cheap 2nd run theatre (The ONLY one), but they did and then they demolished it to make way for a **parking lot**. :rolleyes: I admit the building was a little run down, but the company that once owned it (and that was purchased by Marcus Theatre chain) said they'd possibly eventually have another 2nd run theatre. Someone attempted to open one, but it is/was aimed at mostly those 21 and over and so were most of the movies they chose to have (mostly 'R' Rated films). What was nice about the 2nd run theatre was that a ticket was $2 ALL the time, afternoon or night. Popcorn and Pop were still high priced, but at least tickets were cheaper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.