main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Omen

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Whitey, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Anyone else a huge fan of the Omen movies? Except for the TV movie? :p

By far the best part of every movie in the trilogy is the music by Jerry Goldsmith. 'Ave Satani' is by far the best horror movie theme. Ever.

And of course, there's a remake for the movie coming out June 6... starring Julia Stiles. I don't know about that, but these pictures are fantastic. And the teaser trailer is effective, I guess.

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    The orignal was a great movie,I didn`t give the sequels a try though

3. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I love the original, but I have no interest in the remake at all.

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Liev Scirber is all ways good

5. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    I loved the first two films. The third was just...silly.

And I also have zero interest in seeing a remake. [face_talk_hand] If it gets good word of mouth, particularly from people who like the original, I may change my mind.

6. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I loved the original. Peck was great and the music was stellar, one of Goldsmith's finest efforts. I remember vividly listening to the soundtrack while driving on a dark, rainy night. Terrifying, absolutely terrifying.

Remake? Please. Julia Stiles? Double please.

7. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I loved the teaser, I a going to see this movie, though I dont think I ever saw the original all the wa thrugh

8. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    The first one was good ol' horror. The graveyard scene freaked me out.
    The second was just funny. I laughed at the guy who got chopped in half by an elevator cable and the woman who got her eyes pecked out and then run over by a truck.
    The third was just crap.

9. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    this is reason I don't have children

10. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Those were the best parts. Though I often wonder how a truck driver couldn't see a women in bright red clothing slowly crawling onto a road. :p

I've only seen the third once, and it seemed a bit incomplete in parts (the mirror scene being an example).

11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I saw the scene from the third one where Sam Neill is like bellowing for Jesus to come out and fight him.

. . . yeah . . .

Anyway, probably won't ever watch that one. :p

12. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Wasn't he straddling a statue of Jesus, or something? A lot to be said for sexual ambiguity. :p

I'll probably still like the third, if only for the music.

13. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    New trailer. www.theomenmovie.com

Nice.

14. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    I'm a little tired of horror remakes but at least they're releasing it on an appropriate day.

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    saw a preview for the remake when I went to see Scary Movie 4 today. it looks interesting. i've never seen the originals before though which I probably should do before seeing this new one

16. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I always enjoy watching the first three, despite 3 being... weird. Can't wait for the remake though. I hope it's good... But seriously, I think it depends on the soundtrack. The Omen (and a lot of classic horror movies, IMO) were scary BECAUSE of the soundtrack. And this is a Sony made movie... and they tend to... how do I put this... suck.

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    One of the most terrifying experiences I remember was listening to the soundtrack to The Omen, while driving alone, in the rain, about midnight . . . I was so just waiting for someone to rise out of the back seat and split my skull with an ax or something.

On a related note, I tried to watch the trailer for the remake. AND MY COMPUTER CRASHED! [face_worried] Evil, I tell you!

18. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    it's a sign! [face_skull]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.