main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The ONE and the ALL (NJO, Anakin, Tahiri, Zekk, Jaina) -- UPD 2/17: Red--The Blood of Angry Men

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade-Walker, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    *Kicks tumbleweed out of the way*

Helllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

2. Leigh-S-Durron

Leigh-S-Durron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2003
    *kicks it again*

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

3. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Hi all. I'm really sorry for the long gap.

My life has taken a rather unexpected turn. And I'm finally begining to get back to normal.

I'll get back to working on the next section soon. I haven't given up on the story. ;)

Thanks for the ups. :)

4. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    glad to have u back Jade

I hope everything is ok

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    YEA! Jade-Walker's back! :D

look forward to the next post :)

6. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Thanks guys. :)
    I'll try to work on it this week. :D

I think at this point I'll also have to work on a little re-cap as well since it's been so long. ;)

7. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Sooo?a long time ago?where?d we leave off?

Anakin had been captured at the Myrkr worldship and was shaped by the Yuuzhan Vong to serve as the re-incarnation of Yun-Shuno.

The rumor of Anakin?s survival had reached the Jedi.

Zekk volunteered to find out more details about the validity of the rumor and his whereabouts. He discovers and reports the information to Luke and then is captured by Kaura Sing, Jedi bounty hunter.

Tahiri and Jaina overhear the news from Zekk and take off for Coruscant to rescue Anakin.

Kaura?s ship is attacked and Zekk gets the upper hand and they escape via the Lightening Rod II.

Tahiri and Jaina can?t feel Anakin in the Force, but find him amongst a rally over a hundred of shamed ones. They rescue Anakin and blast their way out of the system.
    But something?s not right with Anakin?

Zekk has contacted Luke again, letting him know about the events involving Kaura and sets his course for the Errant Venture.

Chapter 40--Star Light, Star Bright?

Zekk keyed in the coordinates Master Skywalker had given him for the current location of the Errant Venture, then leaned back in the captain?s chair and gazed out into the black depths of space for a moment. He had practically grown up here--in space, jumping from start system to star system as a stow-away on any ship that looked interesting. Sometimes it was all too easy to simply look past those brilliant points of light toward your next destination and miss the beauty of it all.

The radiant star clusters blazed in front of him--some larger, some smaller. Some gave off a warm, inviting yellow-orange glow that could make you feel warm and at home. Others nearly pulsed with their incredible blue light that, while known to actually burn hotter than the former, gave the impression of being cold and impersonal. The incongruity made him let out a wry snort. Not unlike Kaura, actually.

She was like that--blazing with fire within, sometimes letting me experience a hint of that warmth but then retreating back within herself, leaving me feeling cold and alone. Sometimes it's so infuriating... and bewildering. Zekk was grateful that Master Skywalker had given him instructions to return to the Errant Venture. He really needed some time to think--away from this girl.

"They're beautiful, aren't they?"

The soft voice to his right and slightly behind him snapped him out of his reverie. "Huh?"

Kaura circled the copilot chair and gently lowered herself into it, staring out into the star-studded section of space. But she didn't look at Zekk. "The stars," she replied with an almost dreamy quality to her usually harsh, hard voice.

"Uh, yeah. I was just thinking the same thing a moment ago--and of how we take them for granted."

She nodded. "As a child I would lay on my back and just stare at them for hours, counting them, making up stories about them." Her voice held a note of nostalgia as she retreated into her own memories.

The soft quality of the woman's voice made Zekk looked over at her. Her face was turned so that he could not read it--not that he would have been able to anyways. She had never voluntarily offered any information about herself in the few long days that he had known her. Why was she doing so now?

He looked at her again. Her eyes were closed in thought. She looks so peaceful--almost...happy. I wonder what she is--

The heat of the day was dissipating into the chill of night. Beads of condensation from the small patch of grass seeped through his cloak. Nocturnal desert flowers nearby gave off a pleasing, sweet aroma as they opened their blooms in the cool of the evening. Thousands of stars loomed brightly overhead. He heard a man's voice in his ear. "Look there, Kaura. That is the Lost Bantha Cub. As the seasons change, he wanders through the night sky searching for his mother." A small giggle, a child's laughter erupted from within him as he turned his head to look at the man. The face was blurred and featu

8. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Firstly, Leigh-S-Durron, can you take some 'O's out of that "Nooooo" so we get the normal proportions back? ;)

Anyway, look who's back! :D

That Zekk, what a nice guy ;)
    Even with a borderline nutjob. :p

I am more intrigued about her background though. I hope you don't take as long for the next post. ;)

9. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    So glad Jade-Walker returned :D Good post (even if the scroll was annoying :p ) Kuara's history keeps getting more intriguing, and I'm wondering just how interested Zekk is in her [face_mischief] Liked how Zekk is able to read her thoughts and experience her memories as if they were his own :)

Great post, looking forward to more :D

10. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Finally! After all these years... 8-}

I'm interested to learn more about Kaura's background. She just keeps getting more and more interesting. :)

I'm liking where this relationship between her and Zekk is going.

11. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yay! Good to see you up and running again, Jade. Beautiful evocation of Kaura's memories. I loved the idea of the Lost Bantha Cub and the little bit of legend associated with it. Excellent touch - it's little touches like that that really make a story come alive. :)

I also like Zekk's uncertainty about whether to trust her or not, but in the end letting his empathy win over. What a nice boy. :)

12. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Thanks all. :) It was nice to get back to my writing.

Actually, I did a lot of work on Kaura's background story yesterday. I had an outlined idea, but now I've fleshed it out lot more. I'm not sure how much will end up in the story, but having a more concrete idea in your own mind when writing always helps to make it more convincing. :)

Moffy: Even with a borderline nutjob. :mad:
    And no. I won't take as long with the next post. :p

YodaKenobi: I'm glad you like the connection that exists between Zekk and Kaura. I've always loved that Force-meld thing.
    I think I'll have to try to flesh out a bit more in the future why Zekk and Kaura can communicate so clearly so soon, though. ;)

Whitey: :) Yeah. I'm curious to see what I do with Zekk and Kaura as well. I haven't quite planned all that out yet!

Tahi: [face_blush] Thanks. I had a bit of trouble deciding on that constellation thing. I think I was trying to be too scientific for quite a while. Then I decided to use one of the favorite stories of the Solo children instead. It kinda gives Kaura's something in common with our favorite characters. :)
    I always love all the many, many details you include in your stories, Tahi. You're always so inventive. So many layers of history and detail--kinda like Tolkein. Especially in that Mantrusian story of yours. :)

Thank you all for returning to continue reading after so many months. I really appreciate it. :)

13. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Nice post. More soon.

14. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Very interesting post, Jade! Thanks for
    the PM, that's very helpful! :D

Somebody fix that side-scroll thing! How annoying! 8-} I'd do it myself, but then I'd have to know what I was doing! [face_laugh]

15. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    And no. I won't take as long with the next post.
    Have you said that before? :p

16. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Hi Jek :D
    Welcome back. :)

Thanks, TahiriSoloFan
    It seemed as though people way back earlier in the year ( :p) liked being notified. So I figured I'd continue that. ;)
    And I think that only the person who made the post or a mod can fix things like that. The only thing we can do is continue posting so that we get to the next page. ;)

Moff blah, blah. blah :p

17. Leigh-S-Durron

Jun 29, 2003
    Hey guys,

sorry bout the scrally-thinging I can't change it now....
    Love that post...and glad your back Jade!!!!!!

18. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    you can still edit it Leigh-S-Durron. No time-limit on the fic boards. :)

19. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    Good luck to Zekk, as always.

20. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm glad you're back, too, Leia-S-Durron and Star Lead.

I'm working on another post, but it likely won't be up until after Christmas. ;)

That reminds me:
    Everyone have a very
    Merry Christmas!
    :D

21. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, I suppose we can wait. ;)

Merry Christmas yourself. :)

22. Leigh-S-Durron

Jun 29, 2003
  23. Lieutenant_Jaina

Lieutenant_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2003
    Happy very Very B-elayed B-day...(ok, i've been gone for a long time :p )

Neat Post Jade

Uppeties!

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    bumping so we can start a new page without the scroll [face_plain]

25. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.