main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The ONE and the ALL (NJO, Anakin, Tahiri, Zekk, Jaina) -- UPD 2/17: Red--The Blood of Angry Men

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade-Walker, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Good idea Yoda Kenobi ;)

And welcome back Lieutenant_Jaina. :D

2. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    How about another up then?

3. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    And another one ;)

4. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    And yet another one :p

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I got this one ;)

6. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    LOL.
    [face_blush] Thanks you two.
    Do you know that I actually did write a chunk of the next section and my stupid palm pilot lost it! :mad:

I just haven't had much time lately to re-do it. :(

7. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Yay! :D I found the lost document! :D

Okay. So Zekk and Kaura are on their way to the Errant Venture...

Chapter 41?Red, the Blood of Angry Men?

Luke watched on the deck as the Lightning Rod II approached the docking bay. While the Jedi Master knew that it wasn't required for him to greet Zekk, he just had the feeling that he should be here. Luke pushed his sphere of awareness out to envelop the approaching ship. All is calm for the moment. But there is just something--

Luke staggered backward as a wave of rage unleashed upon the vessel hit him with surprising force.

"Kaura, I--"

"No excuses, Zekk! I warned you about this!" she shouted as she threw forth an open palm in the young Jedi's direction, hitting him in the chest with a Force blast. But Zekk was expecting this. He had had enough experience with this woman to realize that their intimacy in the previous couple of moments was only the eye of the storm.

He planted his feet firmly on the floor of the cabin and raised a Force-bubble with his own outstretched palm. The blast was deflected and created a crater in the ceiling of the cabin. My ship! I can't believe she did that! his mind cursed. Boiling rage bubbled up within him. She's not as tough as she thinks she is. I've defeated worse. His eyes, usually green, were now close to black and locked onto hers. Her face was lit with a dark fire of anger and wrath. Her eyes were violet flames dancing between narrowed lids. White skin blazed into near-crimson. Zekk could feel the dark energy radiating off the two of them--crackling in the air between them as they stared each other down.

Luke shook his head, recovering from the wave of darkness and anger. It felt raw--wild. And he could only hope that it emanated from this mysterious woman that Zekk had found...and not from Zekk himself.

Luke paced toward the ship, black leather boots hitting the highly polished durasteel floor with a dull clop at a slow, but determined rate. The floor beneath him quaked as if the star destroyer had been under attack. Luke stumbled and looked over at the crew who were staring back at him in confusion. They all were standing and apparently had not felt a thing. Which could only mean... Zekk, no!

The roar of blood pulsing through his veins was near-deafening as anger, bitter as bile, rose from Zekk's chest. His eyes were focused firmly on Kaura's, his mind pacing like a caged animal between defense and attack.

His awareness pulled back slightly to get a fuller view of the woman, poised in unrestful readiness for battle. He took in the look of seething anger and festering hatred upon her face. And he realized that he was looking not only at the girl, but also at a mirror image of himself at that moment. In the past couple of days, this woman had put him through a hellish roller coaster of emotions and circumstances. The damage inflicted upon his beloved ship was the last draw.

Zekk lunged at Kaura.

Running down the corridor of The Lightning Rod II toward the front of the ship, Luke watched as Zekk's countenance went from black wrath to a look of surprise and disappointment. The muscles of Luke's jaw loosened as he realized that the young Jedi had mastered his emotions. Now that his worry for Zekk was allayed, his attention focused more on the other occupant of the cabin. He could feel the unfamiliar mind of the woman touch his own. He could feel her distraction and indecision.

Then it happened. Zekk sprang at her without warning.

I can't believe it! Luke admitted to himself as he raced toward the scene. He could feel his shoulders droop mentally. His disappointment in Zekk was acute.

8. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Uh oh, looks like some dark side happenings [face_shocked]

But women will cause that sort of thing :p [face_mischief]

A surprising turn of events Jade. At least the wait was worthwhile. ;)

Oh--black, the dark of ages past. :D

9. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    [Taun We]We were beginning to think you weren't coming. 8-}

Uh-oh! Zekk and Kaurra's actions have me worried...

I can only imagine if Jaina were in Kaurra's position. She has a reputation to be somewhat difficult. ;)

10. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    LOL Whitey.
    Yeah. Jaina...I need to get back to them, don't I? ;)

11. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Nice post, Jade. Lovely use of language, and dramatic ending. :)

12. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great post jade

thats gonna be an interesting fight if Luke doesn't interfere that is

13. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I guess you don't mess with with Zekk's ship :p I hope Luke is able to stop him from making a huge mistake.....doesn't he realize if he kills Karura in his ship, he could damage it further? :p great post, Jade :D post more soon! :)

14. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Thanks all for continuing to read despite my long hiatus. :D
    And I'll work on more soon. ;)

15. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Great post! Interesting that you decided to have Zekk flirt with the dark side once more, as in most fics Zekk is completely over being part of the Shadow Academy. PMASAP.

16. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Thanks for the PM! :D

That was very interesting! I have to wonder though, if Luke really understands what Zekk is upto right now?
    Especially since he just said that Zekk had gotten his emotions under control.

17. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Jek: Remember that Yoda said that once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your desitny.
    Luke, too rejected the Dark Side after his journey into it with the Reborn Emperor. But even in VotF he was still tainted by it (as Mara pointed out to him). ;)

18. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    this was stuck on "666" so I feel compelled to post :p

19. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Is there more coming?

Put another way: up :p

20. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Followed your link in your username - I just read the first prologue and am interested to see what happens. Looks like I have some reading to do. Since you said Anakin was your favorite character I am interested to see how this story goes and if Master Ikrit comes into it at all. You are a talented writer; keep it up.

21. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Welcome, Talon! :D
    I'm really glad to see you here. :)
    No. Master Ikrit isn't slated for an appearance since this takes place post-SBS. ;)

22. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Up. FOr the heck of it. :p

23. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOFFY!
    [face_love]

24. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, it ain't a story post but it'll do :p

25. Lethar

Lethar Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 2004
    Heh heh. :)

Great story, Jade - a very interesting plot. I like it. :)

And, as I have no questions on the top of my mind, I'll part with one last word; UP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.