main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The ONE and the ALL (NJO, Anakin, Tahiri, Zekk, Jaina) -- UPD 2/17: Red--The Blood of Angry Men

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade-Walker, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Um, Ok Rogue Ten. :confused:
    Thanks for stopping by :D, [face_mischief] kiddo! 8-}

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    You shouln't ought to have done that, Jade. I am so angry, that I will now create a Demon Scrollbar? until tomorrow morning.

EDIT: In my infinate mercy, I have recalled my Demon Scrollbar? to the shadowy pit from which it came.

3. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    More Anorrhic? goodness.
    ^
    |
    Notice the careful placement of the "h" which adds a disease connotation to the word via etamology. I'm very proud of it.

Huh? :confused:

4. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    OHGOD NOT A DEMON SCROLLBAR! Please NO!

It was still a good post even though it's short.

5. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    [image=http://www.pembury.freeserve.co.uk/homertwrfc.jpg]

Hi, Jade!!!

6. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Satine: Thanks for the wave from Homer. [face_laugh]
    Yeah. It was a short post this time. The next one is longer.

Whitey: I don't know what Rogue is talking about either, so don't feel badly. :confused:

Rogue:
    In my infinate mercy, I have recalled my Demon Scrollbar? to the shadowy pit from which it came.

[face_mischief] Thanks, kiddo. 8-}

7. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    The next post better be longer, Jade, or I'll make an indefinate demon scrollbar. [face_plain] ... :p

8. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Scrollbars... :mad:

*Feels the Dark Side rising within him*

*Explodes from being consumed by the Dark Side, killing Rogue_Ten with him*

9. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    Hopefully, DOY will forgive me for borrowing her method of choice for torturing authors into updating.

UP

Everytime I have to up this, I will link another "UP" to the one above in the new post, making a chain of ups. Eventually, this will cause a scrollbar, unless you update... [face_devil]

10. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I post twice a week as it is, Rogue!
    Whaddya want from me? 8-}
    Thanks for the "up"

11. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    u want me to write a fic, where nom amor is killed over and over that sounds fun
    :D, :D

too bad i'm too lazy to do it

12. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
  13. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    too bad i'm too lazy to do it

That's a shock! 8-}

14. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
  15. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    hey whitey, what's wrong with being lazy

16. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    Don't mind Whitey, Force. He's just a hypocrite. :p

17. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    i was just messing with him

18. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Well, I think I'll post early today. :D
    Thanks for all the "UP"s Rogue. ;)

Jedi Council Meeting

The Jedi Council sat around a long oval table?each member with what equated to a grim expression on their face for their particular species?each member curious to hear what information General Wedge Antilles had to report. The Corellian officer took a deep breath in preparation. He would have preferred to speak privately with Luke prior to the meeting, but Supreme Commander Sien Sovv had requested to speak with Wedge before he had the chance to approach his old friend. Wedge often longed for his simpler days as an x-wing pilot. Years of administrative duties, such as today?s presentation, had made him feel so much older than his 48 years, although his lean form and brown hair, only sparingly peppered with gray, belied his chronological age. He sighed inwardly, his stern facade revealing nothing of his momentary reflection, and then turned his attention to his audience.

?Iella has uncovered a disturbance arising within the Yuuzhan Vong culture,? Wedge began. ?As you know, their society is comprised of several castes?warriors, priests, and shapers. There also is a lower caste called the Shamed Ones. They are the lowest rank of Vong society. They are perceived to have been cursed by their gods and destined to serve in the lowliest of tasks.? Wedge looked around the room. There were no expressions of shock or confusion. This information was generally well known to those in high positions in the New Republic. He continued, ?These Shamed Ones have always been obedient and subservient to those in the Vong upper castes. But within the past two years, and especially the last couple months, this has begun to change. There have been rumors that the Shamed Ones think of the Jedi as their hope for redemption."

With this statement, expressions of surprise began to emerge on the serious faces of those listening intently around the table. Wedge paused, allowing the room to return to complete silence before continuing. "Legends have begun to spring up that tell of a supernatural being called The Ganner that could fend off thousands of Yuuzhan Vong warriors. And," he paused to look directly at Luke, "of a Jedi god that will fight to redeem all Shamed Ones from their disgrace and bondage. This one they call The Jeedai Solo."

The former Rogue Squadron leader braced himself for the barrage that was sure to follow this statement. Instead, there was a loud thud in the hallway. Wedge lifted an eyebrow at Luke, who extended his perception in the Force and then raced out into the hall.

Within seconds, Luke's voice called, "Wedge, please call a med-droid. Leia's collapsed."

19. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    *stares at last sentence in shock* [face_shocked]

What? You're ending it there? You can't leave us with a clifflie like that I have to know what's going on! :)

Great job, Jade, even though you did leave us hanging! I can't wait to find out what's going to happen.

20. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    great post Jade, wonder if Leia is ok, she better be, or else the vong are in deep **** cause han would flip, can't wait for more, nice way to end with a cliffie

21. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    The last line reminds me of Shadow Legacy, a very good, (but seldom updated :mad: ), fic. Leia dies in that one. [face_devil]

22. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Aww, I thought it might have been Jacen fainting...overcome with the news or something. Or maybe he stubbed his toe. :D

23. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Great ending. Poor Leia - that woman has been through a lot.

Great to have Wedge in the story - he's such a good character. Also good to see Ganner getting mentioned. This is fitting in well with the events in Traitor and DW. :)

24. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Lonewolf: You can't leave us with a clifflie like that
    But that's the best way to do it! A little suspense is good. ;)

force: Yeah, I guess that Han would have to go off half-cocked after them if anything happened to Leia, wouldn't he? It would be worse even than when he lost Chewie. Maybe especially since he's already lost Chewie...and a son.

Hi Rogue :) I haven't read that one.

Moffy: Jacen fainting? [face_laugh] But that would just be too predicatble. 8-}

Tahi: Great to have Wedge in the story - he's such a good character.
    Yeah, I'm just now making my way through the X-wing series and really enjoying it. I never really understood many of those characters when they were then brought into the NJO. Now I'm starting to.
    I also am really enjoying Corran. [face_love]
    Hmmm...I'll have to try to work him in somehow at some point in the story. ;)

This is fitting in well with the events in Traitor and DW.
    I began writing/sketching this out after having read both of those, but before Force Heretic came out. So I'm trying to be consistent with ideas in FH when possible, but I'm afraid that this fic will have to really depart from the NJO storyline at that point.

25. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Aww, I thought it might have been Jacen fainting...overcome with the news or something. Or maybe he stubbed his toe.

[face_laugh]

Excellent post! :)

I need to be more original, like forceaddict for example. 8-}

ooo, the jeedai solo, thats interesting, and the ganner, i liked that in traitor

8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.