main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The One Canon - the Legends Defence Force - From Endor to Jakku - Legends friendly timeline is up!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 20, 2015.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Essentially correct. Of course, with the events of the Jedi massacre/Luke's disappearance and TFA, the events of LOTF will unfold a little differently since there is no GA for systems like Corellia to rebel against. Instead, Lumiya uses the chaos of the First Order and Ben to turn Jacen. This will bring up an interesting conflict: Jaina against both of her brothers at some point (assuming Ben isn't redeemed or killed before Jacen becomes a Sith).

As for the Black Fleet crisis, yes, eventually the First Order gets its hands on the surviving Super Star Destroyer. Maybe Snoke's mobile base?

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I meant that Snoke is the reason why the Super Star Destroyer(s) were destroyed on the edge of the Unknown Regions, actually.

As to part three, I have a tangle.

Originally the Dark Nest Trilogy to Fate of the Jedi took place in 35 to 44 ABY. A nice and neat point which simply ignores that Han is dead and then has Pellaeon back the Remnant by LotF: Revelation in 41 ABY. The idea was to keep DNT etc in its original spots and not move them forward as Rey has been on Jakku for at least nine years and so the TFA plot needs at least that long, so 25 ABY is the new end of the Vong War and there is tons of space up to TFA in 34 ABY.

However, this simply ignores Ben Skywalker's age. Due to the extra four years between the old and new, he would be older in DNT and LotF and so on. His age isn't important for DNT and nor is it for FotJ. Allana's age is important however, in FotJ, and less so in LotF.

So you end up with a paradox. However, Betrayal included erroneous references placing it in 37 ABY, not 40 ABY, two of which made it into the final print.

But then for LotF that would then make Allana two or three, instead of five or six. For anyone who has rest Tempest and Fury, which feature a lot of Allana, does anyone else have a view on her age in this?

Narratively, don't worry about the NR being replaced by the GA and the Jedi vanishing/reappearing, it's all fine (which I will explain).

All it does do is mean that Daala rules the GA for four more years, for hilarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Darth Sophis and Halle Dray; for ease of reference, why not skim the thread!

Halle Dray and Darth Sophis like this.
  4. Darth Sophis

Darth Sophis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Thank you! Can't believe I did not find this sooner. That is some extensive puzzle work, Sinre! I haven't gone too deep into most post-Dark Empire material, but know my way around generally.

Regarding Allana, I haven't read Tempest or Fury, so cannot speak for those specifically. However, by Fate of the Jedi, whenever one chooses to set that narrative, she was old enough to fell Lost Tribe Sith in droves with a blaster, from my reading. She was 9 then, 43 ABY being FotJ's original EU position. Yes, I know, precocious little slayer.

[face_rofl]

I wonder what she would think of the First Order, having led the GA and all?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    You are quite welcome, Sophis. Post-Dark Empire is relatively simple to slot.

I'm becoming quite inclined to separate out the post-LotF timeline if I do move forward LotF to 33 ABY. Jacen did erase the original timeline where Krayt corrupted Allana so the timeline bifurcated - who said it didn't trifurcate?

And Daala hates Force users so would likely refuse to join up.

Force Smuggler and Darth Sophis like this.
  6. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    I love this thread and this whole concept of one canon. Just wish I was more knowledgeable on the EU in general, it's quite intimidating to think just how much of it there actually is when you haven't delved very deep into it at all. I plan to start reading starting from the Thrawn trilogy soon though and continue onward from there!

Bridging the gap can't be an easy feat, a lot of thought and work must have gone into this, kudos Sinre!

Sinrebirth and Darth Sophis like this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Thank you, Snokers.

To be honest I'm working on a second timeline which may prove more Legends friendly than even this one.

Stay posted!

spicer, HanSolo29 , Snokers and 3 others like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Second timeline more friendly to Legends?
    This I have to see.

Darth Sophis and Sinrebirth like this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Let's split it neatly, shall we?

Timeline One, assumes that the 5 year sojourn of Jacen after NJO, and the 5 years we have seized from the tinkering, allows for DNT to take place in 35 ABY and leave a good 10 years for TFA build up. Which works as Rey has been on Jakku at very least since she was 10, and she is 19 in 34 ABY.

Issues being the Han one, but let's roll with this. Bloodline spoilers, mind you. However, it mesh's very well with the expanded Remnant by 35 ABY.

Between twenty and twenty three years after the Concordance - Rey is abandoned on Jakku, the capital is moved to Hosnian Prime, Leia returns to the Senate as a Senator in the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant resumes reparations under the Galactic Concordance, ignoring the year of good behaviour from the Remnant against the twenty five years of genocidal rule. Pellaeon retires as leader of the Empire, and the Concordance results in the First Order extending its influence into the Remnant also.

Twenty three years after the Concordance - the Napkin Bombing takes place, and the First Order and Remnant are invigorated by the eventual secession of the Centrists to Imperial territory.

Between twenty three years after the Concordance and twenty nine years after - the Jedi Order is destroyed, Ben Solo joins the First Order as Kylo Ren, Luke goes into hiding, the Resistance is founded, and the First Order completes Starkiller base.

Thirty years after the Battle of Endor, twenty nine years after the Concordance - the First Order destroys Hosnian Prime, and has Starkiller base destroyed by the Resistance in return, who lose Han Solo in the meantime. Rey heads to the Unknown Regions to meet with Luke. The Second Galactic Civil War begins. (TFA)

Thirty years after the Concordance - the First Order invades known space, seizing systems throughout the New Territories and advancing towards the Core. The Galactic Alliance reforms with New Republic remnants, Hapans, the Chiss, Hutts and a re-established Imperial Remnant, capturing the Megador and moving the capital to Coruscant. A new Concordance is signed denoting increased Imperial borders and a cessation of reparations and limitations. A Han Solo reappears, quashing rumours that he was dead, rumours that barely surfaced due to the Hosnian Prime disaster. (speculation)

The year of the new Concordance - 35 ABY - towards the end of the year, the Killik-Chiss border dispute pulls in the re-established Jedi Order and threatens to draw the Galactic Alliance in also. The risk of a resurrected Empire of the Hand as an enemy of the Alliance and thus an ally with the First Order is narrowly avoided by the Jedi Order, however the Sith at the heart of the Killik consciousness and overmind survive the Battle of Qoribu. (TJK)

One year after the new Concordance - the Sith, having spent a year drawing innumerable Alliance companies into their fold to create a secret fleet, begin hostilities with the Chiss anew. The Alliance blockades Killik space and attempts to neutralise the Jedi ability to interfere, even going so far as to appoint Pellaeon as Alliance Supreme Commander to appeal to the Imperials and Chiss. The Swarm War is a high-stakes conflict, ended when the Jedi Order successfully destroy the Sith influence upon the Killiks, whose overmind disperses. (Dark Nest)

Between a year and five years after the new Concordance - the Alliance rearms in anticipation of an external threat, but finds it difficult to manage member states who want to be similarly protected from central government asserting itself against them. The Sith manipulate this pressure and Corellian patriotism to weave a confrontation between Coruscant and Corellia, focused around Jacen Solo, who uses the Sith for his own ends.

Five years after the new Concordance - towards the end of the year the Alliance and Corellia cross the line into open warfare, Corellia becoming the head of a Confederation and the year ending off with the Battle of Gilatter and Jacen Solo's ascendance to the Sith. However, Pellaeon returns to Imperial Space and begins to take back control of the Imperial Remnant. (LotF)

Six years after the new Concordance - less than one month through the year the war ends with Mandalore, Corellia, Fondor, Kashyyyk, Kuat, Commenor and Roche all having been subjected to devastating battles with lasting impact on them. The Sith briefly seize control of the Remnant to assist the Alliance against the Confederation, Deep Core Imperials and Hapans - themselves at cross purposes - only for the Jedi to resolve the war by taking back control of the Remnant. The Alliance, Imperial Remnant, Hapans and Confederation elect to remain as separate states while reparations are agreed, and select Daala to lead the Alliance in the meantime. The Deep Core Imperials fade back into the background, not dedicating to the Alliance. (Invincible)

Eight years after the Concordance - Daala launches a draconian policy against the Jedi as the Imperial Remnant, Confederation and Hapans seek to return to the fold. Neo-Imperials attempt to seize control of the Alliance, which by now largely consists of former New Republic territory, placing increased pressure upon Daala by sponsoring slave uprisings in the Rim, who becomes more and more totalitarian in her response. Daala is deposed by the Jedi just before the Neo-Imperial coup, but the coup continues nonetheless as the Jedi hunt Abeloth, and Daala and her Deep Core Imperials initiate a civil war to seize control of the Remnant. The Neo-Imperial coup is co-opted by the Sith, who are in turn have control of the Tribe seized by Abeloth, who even seeks to co-opt Daala's efforts. The Jedi and other Sith defeat Abeloth together, and the Empire of the Hand intervenes in the brief Imperial civil war and joins the subsequent Imperial Reunification with the Empire of the Hand, Remnant and Deep Core Imperials - all at the expense of the First Order, though the reunified Empire remains independent from the Alliance while the Hapans and Confederation rejoin. (FotJ)

Nine years after the second Concordance - Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa and Han Solo opt for retirement, after engaging with the sole active Sith Lord again, who had very nearly released from containment several millennia old dark side spirits. (Crucible)

Pretty, right? But also has a big Han problem. Chewbacca obviously survives Sernpidal (see how habitable Malachor V was after being broken into multiple pieces), and Ackbar and Mon Mothma's deaths were over-reported (insofar as much as Han's was under-reported?!) Of course this timeline comes apart the longer more sequels happen, potentially...

Timeline Two is a much better fit in ways, but I want to let you all take this on board for now. Narratively it works so well if Dark Nest is a political interplay about the Empire of the Hand, Chiss, Remnant and First Order.

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    E. L.Knight, DarthIshyZ... Read ahoy.

The new timeline is due imminently...

PCCViking and DarthIshyZ like this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm ready.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Alrighty. The timeline is finalised. It strictly speaking births a third timeline, but that is only insofar as much as Fate of the Jedi is a derivative timeline.

This follows several assumptions.

1. The five year pull forward allows for Dark Nest to take place in 30 ABY, four years before TFA.

2. The (originally) incorrect references in LotF: Betrayal that set Jacen's arc in 37 ABY, and not 40 ABY, are treated as correct - there are two such references, one to Zekk's age and another to when Nelani last saw Jacen - seven years ago - and the five year nudge forward results in the series being set in 32 ABY.

3. Close study of the LotF timeline points out that it lasts no more than eight months, seven at the end of the year (now 32 ABY), and one month of the following year (now 33 ABY). The actual civil war lasts five months - a tiny amount of time, and more of a crisis than a full blown war. It can be marginalised as peace overall.

4. The Millennium Falcon. It's missing as of Bloodline in 28 ABY, but very present in DNT and LotF. It's the Millennium Falsehood; Han accepted the old relic to replace the Falcon until he could find it again. Easy.

But without further ado...

Between twenty and twenty nine years after the Concordance - 25 to 34 ABY - Rey is abandoned on Jakku, the capital is moved to Hosnian Prime, Leia returns to the Senate as a Senator in the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant resumes reparations under the Galactic Concordance, ignoring the year of good behaviour from the Remnant against the twenty five years of genocidal rule. Pellaeon retires as leader of the Empire, and the Concordance results in the First Order extending its influence into the Remnant also.

Twenty three years after the Concordance - 28 ABY - the Napkin Bombing takes place, and the First Order and Remnant are invigorated by the eventual secession of the Centrists to Imperial territory.

Between twenty three years after the Concordance and twenty five years after - 28 to 30 ABY - the Centrists within the Northern Dependencies secede into Remnant territory, invigorating it and also forming cross-territory companies within the Unknown Regions. The First Order becomes known to the New Republic, but both remain nominal members of the Galactic Alliance, above them both. The premier class of Jedi are destroyed by Ben Solo, who becomes someone who is not spoken of within the Jedi. The Jedi thus becomes more reliant on the generation that fought the Vong War, while the children of the war age - an intervening generation is erased, as well as several teachers. Luke does not accept an immediate exile to try as the situation is too dire.

Twenty five years after the Concordance - 30 ABY - towards the start of the year, the Killik-Chiss border dispute pulls in the Jedi Order and threatens to draw the Galactic Alliance in also. The risk of a resurrected Empire of the Hand as an enemy of the Alliance and thus an ally with the First Order is narrowly avoided by the Jedi Order, however the Sith at the heart of the Killik consciousness and overmind survive the Battle of Qoribu.

Twenty six years after the Galactic Concordance - 31 ABY - the Sith, having spent a year drawing innumerable Alliance companies into their fold to create a secret fleet, begin hostilities with the Chiss anew. The Alliance blockades Killik space and attempts to neutralise the Jedi ability to interfere, even going so far as to appoint Pellaeon as Alliance Supreme Commander to appeal to the Imperials and Chiss. The Swarm War is a high-stakes conflict, ended when the Jedi Order successfully destroy the Sith influence upon the Killiks, whose overmind disperses.

Between twenty six and twenty seven years after the Concordance - the Alliance rearms in anticipation of an external threat, but finds it difficult to manage member states who want to be similarly protected from central government asserting itself against them. The Sith manipulate this pressure and Corellian patriotism to weave a confrontation between Coruscant and Corellia, focused around Jacen Solo, who uses the Sith for his own ends. The Centrist-Populist divide is cut across by Corellia considering using Centerpoint, and Independent worlds form the bedrock of future conflict.

Twenty seven years after the Galactic Concordance - 32 ABY - four months before the end of the year the Alliance and Corellia cross the line into open warfare, Corellia becoming the head of a Confederation and the year ending off with the Battle of Gilatter and Jacen Solo's ascendance to the Sith. However, Pellaeon returns to Imperial Space and begins to take back control of the Imperial Remnant.

Twenty eight years after the Concordance - 33 ABY - one month into the year the war ends with Mandalore, Corellia, Fondor, Kashyyyk, Kuat, Commenor and Roche all having been subjected to devastating battles with lasting impact on them. The Sith at the year start briefly seize control of the Remnant to assist the Alliance against the Confederation, Deep Core Imperials and Hapans - themselves at cross purposes - only for the Jedi to resolve the war by taking back control of the Remnant. The Alliance, Imperial Remnant, Hapans and Confederation elect to remain as separate states while reparations are agreed, and select Daala to lead the Alliance in the meantime. The Deep Core Imperials fade back into the background, not dedicating to the Alliance. However, as the Empire, Confederation and Hapan remain separate, Alliance territory equates to that of the New Republic and Daala's regime is ended by proxy, and shortly thereafter Jagged is deposed. The Jedi retreat to Shedu Maad and seclude themselves. Luke returns to his exile, but blames himself for the end of the Galactic Alliance, all reverberating from his joint failures within Jacen and Ben.

Thirty years after the Battle of Endor, twenty nine years after the Concordance - the First Order destroys Hosnian Prime, and has Starkiller base destroyed by the Resistance in return, who lose Han Solo in the meantime. Rey heads to the Unknown Regions to meet with Luke. The Second Galactic Civil War restarts, and continues.

Obvious question is 'where is Abeloth?'

Easy answer?

Jacen changed time when he took the mantle of the Dark Man. That is Legends fact. Who is to say that Abeloth escaped as a result of all of those changes? So, the Daala, Tribe, Abeloth year of Apocalypse happens in the pocket universe where it all goes very wrong. The activation of Hosnian Prime simply changes the path to what we see in the films.

The Jedi and government are separate after LotF, so it can be extended, and Leia withdraw into the Resistance. It simply assumes Luke vanished less than two years before TFA.

This way also works a lot better with Ben Skywalker's age, and explains where Mara and Jacen are.

So it currently is very immune to the new films, but backstory is something which may undo this. It is stronger than the other timeline, but, if needed, a weaving of both ideas may prove most resilient over time.

I'm going to double post in the Lit area, but discuss away...

Darth Sophis and PCCViking like this.
  13. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    1. Completely forgot the Falsehood. It was in fact, so far from memory that I didn't even remember it was in a novel.

2. The greater degrees of separation in the timelines, while still bringing them together (I know that sounds paradoxal but that's how I'm analyzing it) make a lot of sense, especially with how large the galaxy is.

3. So Jacen and Ben are working together?

4. The idea of Abeloth being in a pocket AU (and I forgot Jacen changed time) that is 100% canonically in line with Legends tickles me silly.

14. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Very good. One request. I open this to the community at large for comment, too. Jacen should not be called Sith. He is a poser in that role. He did not take over the Order from a Master. He inherited it by default and that default was from someone who didn't have the right to call herself Sith to begin with. I propose he be called Dark Jedi or something else, but definitely not Sith. That died with Vader.

Ugh... Caedus.

15. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Then wouldn't that apply to Krayt as well?

16. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Krayt established his own order: the One Sith. Jacen claimed to be in the Bane-ite Sith, which is a complete impossibility.

17. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    You ignore Lumyas entire existence here. Jacen was her student before he became Caedus, so he inherited the order from her.

18. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Her existence is acknowledged, but the reasoning is that she didn't have the right to call herself Sith in the first place. Probably since she was never an actual Sith apprentice when Vader and Palpatine died. She just assumed the mantle for herself (ironically, I think she didn't consider Palpatine's clones to be real Sith either for one of the reasons she can't be considered a true Sith).

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  19. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    What he said...

PCCViking likes this.
  20. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Sinrebirth

I just had a thought about the reborn Emperor/Dark Empire in the new, unified canon. According to Lumiya and Mara Jade, it wasn't really him nor was he really a Sith (that was the implication, anyway).

So, what if this was Snoke's first attempt at a power grab? He poses as Palpatine, both as a means to strike at the New Republic and to crush the Imperial warlords who refuse to join the First Order. I mean, there are some theories that Snoke is using the dark side to communicate to Kylo, making Kylo think he's communicating with the spirit of Darth Vader. So, why couldn't Snoke pose as Palpatine? He would just need a hood to cover his face, and voila! Instant Snoke!Palpatine.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Or he could possess Palpatine's clone bodies.

PCCViking likes this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    This could and could not help but

[​IMG]

Coming 2017!

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I am half expecting a minor adjustment to his history but I am also expecting some adjustments to which Rebel cell(s) knew of Thrawn(!)

24. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    When he appears in rebels, that means that the grand admirals were formed earlier. And that there were 13 of them if want to keep all and Thrawn at the same time. Or Admiral Zaarins coup also happened earlier.

25. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

But does it diminish their ranking a bit? Look at Sloane. She was promoted to Grand Admiral by Rax, which implies that the Fleet Admiral would be a higher-ranking officer to a Grand Admiral, if my interpretation is right.

Anedon likes this.