main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The One Canon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Aug 18, 2015.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ben in 5 ABY, Jacen and Jaina at the start of 6 ABY, Anakin by the end of 6 ABY. The kids are never kept together for their safety and Ben is probably in the Maw with the other children during the Vong War.

The Vong War ends in 25 ABY due to the timeline shift. So Bloodline is three years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Wasn't the Vong war time change before so that dosen't seem like a problem

Also this makes a lot of snice that the kids are sperated it also helps with Ben's family issues and the reason he or his siblings don't mention each other becuase he's been seprated from them making it hard for them to even have a connection.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    PCCViking likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Yeah on reading the novels you realise the NJO covers four years and not five. So that runs neatly from 21 to 25 years.

Fallen Jedi Master and PCCViking like this.
  4. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    so was thinking would Darth Vader fighting Dark women be after Force Unleashed 2 and then after that he goes to his castle for recover hence ending the jedi purge and then the next year Rogue one

Becuase from what i remmber dark women gave Vader one hell of a fight even throw he kills her, he didn't walk out of the fight unhurt
    Way i have him recovering and then a year later Rogue one

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  5. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    I could see it. We'll need to get a Vader timeline ironed out.

Canon has (might be missing some important stuff here):
    Darth Vader (2015)
    Darth Vader (Dark Lord of the Sith) (The current series)
    Lords of the Sith

Legends has:
    Dark Times
    Purge
    Purge: Seconds to Die
    Purge: The Hidden Blade
    Purge: The Tyrant's Fist
    Darth Vader and the Ninth Assassin
    Darth Vader and the Lost Command
    Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison
    Darth Vader and the Cry of Shadows
    The Force Unleased I & II

All in all, lost of Vader activity at the end of the Rise of the Empire period that would be cool to put in order

6. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    well i have

Well for darth vaders first year which helps is that darth vader dark lord of the sith series does a one year time skip
    I have
    Darth Vader lord of the sith
    The first half of dark times comic series
    Coursent nights
    The last jedi book series
    Darth vader lord of the sith (after the time skip)

Then 3bby to 0 aby
    Rebels season 2
    Force unleashed 1
    Before rebels episode with mon

Then force unleashed two and vader escapes somehow i am working on a story on that.
    Vader vs dark women
    Then Rogue one

Is there something else that i can add to 19 bby and 18bby or 5bby to 0 aby as in between those years don't really have a problem

DarthJaceus likes this.
  7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    My take on the the first year after Revenge of the Sith for the purposes of the One Canon:

Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith: The Chosen One (MARVEL) - takes place in the first four to five days after the formation of the Empire
    Republic: Into the Unknown (Dark Horse) - takes place during the first two days after Order 66
    *Kai Hudorra, Noirah Na, Dass Jennir, Koffi Arana and Shaday Potkin witness the murder of their fellow Jedi at the burning Jedi Temple (as depicted in Republic: Into the Unknown part 2) several hours before Mass Ameda destroys the lightsabers in front of the gathered crowd (as depicted in Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith: The Chosen One #1). Thus, the ending panels from Republic: Into the Unknown part 2 on New Plympto play concurrently with Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith: The Chosen One #2 and possibly #3.
    Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith: The Dying Light (MARVEL) - takes place no later than two weeks after the formation of the Empire
    Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith: The Rule of Five (MARVEL) - takes place no later than three weeks after the formation of the Empire
    *Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith: The Rule of Five part 2 depicts a very important moment - Darth Vader constructs his own lightsaber hilt. I would place this event no later than three and a half weeks after the formation of the Empire, as in Legends, the earliest we see Darth Vader show his lightsaber is in Purge: Last Stand of the Jedi, which takes place no later than four weeks after the formation of the Empire. This way, Darth Vader has his classic lightsaber hilt without conflicting with the events in Purge: Last Stand of the Jedi.
    Purge: Last Stand of the Jedi (Dark Horse) - takes place no later than four weeks after the formation of the Empire
    Dark Times: The Path to Nowhere (Dark Horse) - takes place four to five weeks after the formation of the Empire
    Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (Del Rey) - takes place four to six weeks after the formation of the Empire
    *The beginning of Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader takes place during the Clone Wars, before any of the other stories listed above, and in part is concurrent with Republic: Into the Unknown and Dark Times: The Path to Nowhere #5. There are two contradictions with this novel, one of which is within Legends. First, Darth Vader is said to have built his lightsaber using a synthetic red crystal. My solution to this would be that Darth Vader possesses two lightsabers that have the same hilts, thus not conflicting with Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith: The Rule of Five part 2. The other contradiction is with Purge: Last Stand of the Jedi. In the novel, Bol Chatak is said to be the first victim of Darth Vader's new lightsaber. However, Vader has killed several Jedi with his lightsaber in the comic which takes place before the novel (as referenced in Dark Times: The Path to Nowhere #1). Fortunately, the solution may be thanks to the One Canon - in the novel, Vader killed Bol Chatak with the lightsaber employing the synthetic crystal, and in the comic he killed the Jedi by using his other saber.
    Purge: Seconds to Die (Dark Horse) - takes place no sooner than five weeks after the formation of the Empire
    *The contradiction in Purge: Seconds to Die and Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith: The Dying Light is that the former depicts Jocasta Nu being killed by Darth Vader during Operation Knightfall, while in the MARVEL comics Jocasta survives Operation Knightfall. My retcon would be that Sha Koon was mistaken in her re-telling of the events during Operation Knightfall, as those are flashbacks to what she felt that night and not necessarily what actually happened.
    Darth Vader and the Lost Command (Dark Horse) - takes place no sooner than six, but no later than 12 weeks after the formation of the Empire
    Purge: The Hidden Blade (Dark Horse) - takes place no later than 12 weeks after the formation of the Empire
    Dark Times: Parallels (Dark Horse) - takes place aproximately three months after the formation of the Empire
    Dark Times: Vector (Dark Horse) - takes place aproximately three months after the formation of the Empire
    Dark Times: Blue Harvest (Dark Horse) - takes place three to four months after the formation of the Empire
    Dark Times: Out of the Wilderness (Dark Horse) - takes place aproximately four or five months after the formation of the Empire
    Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison (Dark Horse) - takes place aproximately four months after the formation of the Empire, partially concurent with Dark Times: Out of the Wilderness
    Dark Times: Fire Carrier
    (Dark Horse) - takes place four or five months after the formation of the Empire; the last few pages of the last issue in this arc take place three to four year after the formation of the Empire
    Dark Times: A Spark Remains (Dark Horse) - takes place aproximately six months after the formation of the Empire
    Darth Vader and the Ninth Assassin (Dark Horse) - takes place between six and twelve months after the formation of the Empire
    Purge: The Tyrant's Fist (Dark Horse) - takes place between six and twelve months after the formation of the Empire
    Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith: Burning Seas (MARVEL) - takes place aproximately one year after the formation of the Empire
    Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith: Bad Ground (MARVEL) - takes place aproximately one year after the formation of the Empire
    Darth Vader and the Cry of Shadows (Dark Horse) - takes place one year after the formation of the Empire

EDITED TO ADD: It is interesting to note that none of these stories have to be moved up or down the timeline in order to fit in the One Canon. All of them take place exactly like they do in Legends and canon. Apparently, so far the stories taking place during the first year of the dark times are in harmony between both continuities, bar the handful of managable contradictions as discussed above.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  8. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    i agree the reason i didn't add any more to my list up above is becuase everything fits fine from the early dark times

Heck thats way i have Couarsent Night and the last jedi books as both take place in 18bby in between the darth vader comic time skip
    The time skip really help merge the canon and legends togeather

And i have Vader from 4bby to 0aby way down and perfect but i need to know is there any stories that he was in at those times that i need to know

9. DarthJaceus

Dec 6, 2016
    Spicer, that's exactly what I think we were looking for! (at least I was haha). Awesome, thank you so much. Good catch on Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. How could I forget that one!?!

spicer likes this.
  10. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    did darth vader do anything in between 4bby and 0aby that i miss

DarthJaceus likes this.
  11. DarthJaceus

Dec 6, 2016
    Well we still need to place The Force Unleased I & II

12. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    easy the force unleashed takes place after rebels season 2 and Force unleashed 2 happens after the rebels season 3 episode secret Congo

DarthJaceus likes this.
  13. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    You're welcome!
    IIRC, Coruscant Nights took place in 18 BBY in Legends anyway, so no need to move them down the timeline.

And I forgot to add the Kanan comics by MARVEL... The good news is that they are pretty self contained and can be easily placed from the moment Order 66 is issued up to about four months later. This, of course, is for the parts of the comics that cover the dark times, and not the Clone Wars or at the time of Rebels. The only problematic part with Kanan is the contradiction with Shatterpoint, but that doesn't concern the discussion we are having now with the Dark Times Era.

14. DarthJaceus

Dec 6, 2016
    Oooh! Oooh! I got one - What about the Evasive Action webstrips?

spicer and Fallen Jedi Master like this.
  15. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    i didn't i changed the last Jedi book series and coruscant Nights timeline i was saying when the stories take place and how they don't effect new canon

easy those took place in 19bby and 18bby so it would take place in the timeskip of the Darth Vader dark lord of the sith comics

spicer likes this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    What about the Betrayal arc from the Empire comics? Not sure if there are other comics in the series with Vader, before ANH.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  17. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    well for me its

Rebels season 2
    Force unleashed
    Rebels season 3 episode secret congo
    Force Unleashed 2
    Then the comic that feature Vader killing Dark women and ending the jedi purge
    Rogue one

Ok so i am going to have to fit that in becuase i have after force unleashed 2 escaping from the rebels and for his falis palpatine orders him to kill dark women and end the jedi purge which i remmber Vader gets injured in that battle hence him at his castle in Rogue one recovering from said fight

So let me do some reserched on it and see where it can fit

Edited i got it
    Rebels Season 2
    Force Unleashed
    Rebels season 3 episode Secret congo
    Force Unleashed 2
    Darth Vader kills dark women
    Betrayal arc
    Rogue One

And froget the recovery he was just relaxing or i come up for something else in my own story

18. DarthJaceus

Dec 6, 2016
    Ok, so here is an (extremely) rough Darth Vader timeline

Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith: The Chosen One

Republic: Into the Unknown
    Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith: The Dying Light
    Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith: The Rule of Five
    Purge: Last Stand of the Jedi
    Dark Times: The Path to Nowhere

Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
    Purge: Seconds to Die
    Darth Vader and the Lost Command
    Purge: The Hidden Blade

Dark Times: Parallels
    Dark Times: Vector
    Dark Times: Blue Harvest
    Dark Times: Out of the Wilderness
    Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison
    Dark Times: Fire Carrier

Dark Times: A Spark Remains
    Darth Vader and the Ninth Assassin

Purge: The Tyrant's Fist
    Evasive Action*
    Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith: Burning Seas
    Lords of the Sith*
    Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith: Bad Ground
    Darth Vader and the Cry of Shadows
    Rebels - Season One*
    Rebels - Season Two
    The Force Unleashed

Rebels - Season Three/Secret Cargo
    The Force Unleashed II
    Empire - Betrayal
    Extinction (Star Wars Tales)
    - This is the story where Vader kills An'ya Kuro, The Dark Woman
    Rogue One - A Star Wars Story

* I'll need some input on these, I'm just kinda throwing them in there and hoping they fit. Let me know.

@Sinrebirth @spicer @Fallen Jedi Master

What do you guys think? Anything need moved around?

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Hutt Gambit at 5 BBY as well.

20. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    i would place Extinction before the betrayal arc i changed my mind becuase i think Betrayal arc is ment to be very close to a New Hope

spicer and DarthJaceus like this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    To be fair that looks about right.

The Dark Times One Canon timeline is pretty neat at the beginning and end - Solo is confusing matters slightly as it references some Legends events taking place before Han and Lando ‘met’ in Solo, but it works all the better if you basically assume they knew each other beforehand.

It’s a con movie more than anything then, which is additionally fun.

The most fiddly bit it TFU and TFU II during Rebels. TFU has to predate the episodes in which the Ghost crew save Mon Mothma, but TFU II is brilliant at explaining where Vader was during the latter seasons of Rebels; he was simply busy with Starkiller 2.0.

We also know from ANH that the Dantooine base was abandoned after TFU II, and we basically can assume that the Dac rebellion in TFU II will not stick until later. Which is fine as we have all manner of versions of its suppression and liberation.

I’ve it on my bookcase bereft of the Legends comics, which are a WIP.

22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Okay, off-topic, but I gotta ask: I'm still not clear on why this is now the 'active' One Canon thread.

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I have no idea. It just happened. We have two! *chuckles*

24. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

:p

25. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    I deacided the first unleashed takes place after season 2 and before epoisode with mon mothma. As you said would make snice also when did Extiction happen before betrayel or after? As i am just wondering when did the jedi purge end before betrayal or after

@Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018