main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The One He Saved -- AU Between ANH & ESB (H/L, Luke, Vader) -- COMPLETE 2/18/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by IrishEyedJedi, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

I promise to explain at the bottom of the post

Prologue:

The two young Jedi Knights watched through a one-way mirror as the Padawan?s in the adjoining room continued to practice deflection with their lightsabers against the floating orbs. Normally their Masters would be overseeing their Padawan?s training but since most of the Jedi Masters were out fighting for the Republic most of the Padawan?s were stuck in the Jedi Temple. The Jedi Knights who weren?t fighting, which were very few tried they?re best to guide the Padawan?s, and with Master Yoda?s departure to Kashyyyk it was becoming increasing difficult to keep the younger of the Padawan?s busy. This group was between the ages of five and ten, once a Padawan reached fifteen they were allowed to join their masters on the battlefield. They continued to watch the group when one particular Padawan, the only one with a double bladed lightsaber started to show off.

?He?s doing it again,? the female Jedi whispered to her male companion.

?It?s a shame Skywalker isn?t a master yet, they?d be perfect for each other,? the male Jedi said with a little sarcasm.

?He?s almost as good of a pilot as Anakin,? smirked the female Jedi.

?Well don?t tell him that, his ego?s almost as big as Skywalker?s.?

?If only he was a little older we could certainly use his help,? the female said with sadness in her voice. ?Has any one told him about his master yet??

?No,? the male Jedi whispered. ?Master Windu wanted to tell him, but he had some unexpected business with the Chancellor.? He reached over and pressed a bottom, ?That will do, Padawan?s please take a moment to rest? The Padawan with the double bladed lightsaber turned his off first, the brilliant blue glow no longer accenting his helmet. Suddenly the door opened and Anakin Skywalker walked through with his hand at his side, but before he could attack the two young Jedi?s turned and smiled at him.

?Anakin,? the female smiled broadly. ?Do you have a moment to give the Padawan?s some pointers? You know how much they?re found of you.?

The pain of what Anakin had to do was evident on his face, deep down inside a voice was screaming for him to stop. Some of his most enjoyable moments were teaching the Padawan?s or younglings at the temple. He had grown quite found of some of them, this might have been why the councils decision to not grant him the rank of master hurt even more. There were several children who had begged to be his Padawan learner. One of them was in the next room. Anakin decided that maybe he had a little time to talk with his fellow brothers and sisters in arms before he had to kill them.

?How is he doing?? Anakin nodded towards the Padawan with the double bladed lightsaber.

?He?s unbelievable,? the male Jedi smiled. ?He?s going to give you a run for weapons master some day.? Anakin sadly smiled.

?You know Anakin, his master just died. Maybe you can convince the council to allow you to have him,? the female added.

?I would love that,? Anakin whispered. And before the young Jedi?s could ask why their friend seemed so sad, blaster shots were heard in the hall. The Padawan?s jumped in fear, except for the one with the double bladed saber, he ignited his lightsaber and leaped in front of everyone to be the first one by the door. Anakin slowly looked at his friends.

?Please forgive me,? he said as he ignited his saber. The male Jedi jumped in front of his female friend.

?Run!? he yelled. The female Jedi ran into the next room with the young Padawans. She grabbed several in her arms and began to head out the door when shots rang out killing her and several of the Padawans instantly. The rebellious young Padawan immediately took charge as the others start to head out into the hall.

?No! Don?t go that way, follow me,? he said as he opened a venting shaft in the room. The group followed his lead. Two younger padawans stayed by their friend?s side as he held the vent open for everyone to get inside. ?Jaden, Carth stick close to me,? he said to the b

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Hi! Great start so far. Loved how Han and Chewie met. :p But you might want to put a ROTS spoiler warning at the top. :)

3. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    This is REALLY cool! I love how Han is much like anakin in his cocky ways and how he's a padawan! This is TOOO kewl. I can't wait till the next post!

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...I like where this story is going. Very different take on things. I've always wondered what Han would be like being Force sensitive. ;)

5. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Interesting twist.
    Good job.
    Write more please.

6. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    Good job

7. Solo-Evenstar

Solo-Evenstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2005
    OOOOOOOOOH...
    Exciting, I don't know that I have seen a fic like this before.

PLease keep up the excellent work!

8. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Good fic.

It's interesting to see Han as a former Padawan. Will he have his old lightsaber hidden away in his belongings somewhere?

One thing I'm curious about though. If Anakin seemed to see the light enough to get Han to safety, why would he persist in remaining Palpatine's servant? If he saw that he'd been blinded by evil during the Temple attack, why would he go on to fight with Obi-Wan when he could have asked Obi-Wan for help and avoided becoming Vader in the first place.

9. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005
    JadeSolo - Hi! Great start so far. Loved how Han and Chewie met. But you might want to put a ROTS spoiler warning at the top. -- Good call on the warning.

HanSolosGal - This is REALLY cool! I love how Han is much like anakin in his cocky ways and how he's a padawan! This is TOOO kewl. I can't wait till the next post! -- Thanks glad you like it

HanSolo29 - Ooo...I like where this story is going. Very different take on things. I've always wondered what Han would be like being Force sensitive. -- It should be fun to watch.

owphoenix - Interesting twist.
    Good job.
    Write more please.
    -- More is on the way.

kimmi - Good Job -- Thank you

Solo-Evenstar - OOOOOOOOOH...
    Exciting, I don't know that I have seen a fic like this before.

PLease keep up the excellent work!
    -- Thanks I'll try

TorontoJediMaster - Good fic.

It's interesting to see Han as a former Padawan. Will he have his old lightsaber hidden away in his belongings somewhere?

One thing I'm curious about though. If Anakin seemed to see the light enough to get Han to safety, why would he persist in remaining Palpatine's servant? If he saw that he'd been blinded by evil during the Temple attack, why would he go on to fight with Obi-Wan when he could have asked Obi-Wan for help and avoided becoming Vader in the first place.
    --

I actually thought about that when I was writing, and hopefully I'll get this across. What Anakin had at the temple was a moment of clarity, but only a moment, when he goes and fights Obi Wan he's blinded by his anger again and of course when he wakes up deformed and told that Padme is dead the anger consumes him. It isn't until after the Battle of Yavin that Vader remembers the promise he made to the Padawan, plus the new information about his son. This gives him hope. I hope that makes sense.

10. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Han at one time a pawadan this is just too good for me to pass up I can't wait for the next part.

11. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I love this fic so far! Hopefully, Han WILL be able to save Luke and Leia. I know a lot of Han fans don't like stories where he's Force-sensitive, but I don't mind them at all. The only Han stories that bug me are the ones he ends up dead! :D

12. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Han as a Jedi? Interesting... I like how you showed the relationship between Anakin and him and then at the temple. And now I wonder what Vader is planning...

And your explanation did make sense... as to why Vader had that burst of clarity.

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I don't know how I missed this one. But I'm glad I found it. Would it be awful of me to admit that it was your user name that drew my attention?? :D

Anyway, very nicely done! And your explanation DID make sense! I can't wait for more!

14. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005
    Jeditheskyisblue - Han at one time a pawadan this is just too good for me to pass up I can't wait for the next part. -- I'm glad you found the story too!

GreatOne - I love this fic so far! Hopefully, Han WILL be able to save Luke and Leia. I know a lot of Han fans don't like stories where he's Force-sensitive, but I don't mind them at all. The only Han stories that bug me are the ones he ends up dead! -- Thanks I'm a big fan of your stuff, glad you like it.

Alethia - Han as a Jedi? Interesting... I like how you showed the relationship between Anakin and him and then at the temple. And now I wonder what Vader is planning...

And your explanation did make sense... as to why Vader had that burst of clarity.
    -- Thanks, and yes later in the story you'll see what Vader is planning.

VaderLVR64 - I don't know how I missed this one. But I'm glad I found it. Would it be awful of me to admit that it was your user name that drew my attention??

Anyway, very nicely done! And your explanation DID make sense! I can't wait for more!
    -- It's not aweful at all, you read the prologe what more could I ask for.

15. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

I feel bad because this chapter isn't as action packed as my prologe but you gotta start somewhere. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 1

Han was dragging his feet as he slowly exited the rebel base. He was greeted with the refreshing breeze of the new planet they were on. The planet was lush and green and Han had heard many people compare it to Alderaan, which he knew would have gotten back to the Princess. She still had nightmares and Han was one of the few who knew, in fact Han was the only one she would talk to about it. He normally didn?t make a habit of being a shoulder to cry on but when it came to the Princess all the rules were different. Over the last year or so Han had started to really fall for the Princess but of course he never showed it. It was much safer to argue with her then try to woo her, besides with these recent memories Han remembered why he kept himself from making too many attachments. But Luke and the Princess were starting to change all that.

?Hey Han!? Luke shouted from the campfire. They had chosen to have a little campfire dinner. For the first time in a while the Rebellion was actually stocked with food supplies.

?How?ya doing kid,? Han grinned.

?Great, these food supplies you brought back are amazing! I thought I was going to turn into a ration bar at some point,? Luke said as he turned the meat over that was cooking over the fire.

?Where?s Miss. High an Mighty?? Han asked as he plopped down on the grass and leaned against one of the logs. Luke rolled his eyes at his friend.

?She?s finishing up a meeting,? Luke took a breath. ?Now she?s had a rough day could you try and behave yourself??

?Me,? Han said innocently. ?I?m not the one you have to worry about. As long as her Worshipfulness behaves, I?ll behave.?

?Fat chance of that,? Leia said as she approached.

?See,? Han grinned triumphantly. ?I didn?t start it.? Luke gave Leia a stern look.

?I?m sorry I couldn?t resist,? the Princess said as she sat down.

?Ya hear that kid! She can?t resist me,? folding his arms behind his head.

?I couldn?t resist making fun of you ??

?Dinner?s served,? Luke interrupted, giving both friends another look.

?Alright junior, we get it,? Han said as he grabbed a plate of food from Luke.

?How long will Chewie stay on Kashyyyk?? Luke asked as he handed Leia her plate.

?For at least a couple of weeks,? Han said with his mouth full. He took a swing of some ale then cleared his throat. ?I feel bad every time I go to pick him up and see his wife and kid waving goodbye.?

?Han Solo feels bad about something?? Leia made a shocked face.

?You know your Royal Pain in the ??

?Han,? Luke said in a soft manner. ?He?s at least trying to be civil,? Luke said to the Princess.

?I?m sorry,? Leia looked down at her food a little embarrassed that she had carried on. ?I guess I?m still a little wound up from the meeting this evening.?

?What happened,? Both Luke and Han said at the same time. For a moment there was a hint of tension in the air but once Leia started to laugh the boys followed.

?Well it seems the Alliance wants to move the base to the plant Hoth,? said Leia.

?Are they crazy?!? Luke blurted out.

?Yeah what he said,? Han added. ?This is the best base this group has had since Yavin.?

?I know but they feel that Hoth is a little more remote and a place the Empire might not look.?

?If I had known you guys would actually consider that ice cub for a base I would never have mentioned it,? Han complained.

?We wouldn?t be moving there for another five or six months, we have to send ground teams in to make it ready,? Leia said while taking a bite of the food.

?Well I?ve had a good run with you guys, maybe once everything is moved to Hoth I can leave this party,? Han grinned, but the grin faded as he saw the looks both Luke and Leia were giving him.

?I thought you were going to stay,? Leia whispered.

?Well I ??

?If you?re going to leave then just leave!? she spat. ?D

16. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Good post.

I figured Han would have his Jedi equipment stashed around somewhere.

Two questions though.

One, didn't Han recognize Obi-Wan when they met in the cantina on Tatooine? Han would likely have known -or at later found out, through informants- that Obi-Wan had escaped the purges. I'm surprised Han didn't identify himself then. He had to have recognized Obi-Wan as a Jedi.

Second, does Han feel he can't tell Luke about his own Force sensitivity? I don't why he wouldn't. He knows Luke is trying to learn to be a Jedi. Han knows some of the teaching methods the Order used that Luke could find useful.

At any rate, I can't wait to read more. I want to see everyone's reactions when Han reveals his Jedi background.

17. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    Interesting concept, IrishEyedJedi! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this. Loved the H/L interaction...definitely want more of that.

Welcome to the wonderful world of posting fan fiction!

18. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Good post! Maybe Han thought he'd have time to tell Obi-Wan about who he is later, when they got to the base, but then it never happened. And since he'd been keeping his abilities a secret for so long, it would be a very hard habit to break. Revealing himself as a Force-sensitive, especially when he knows the consequences could be fatal, would take a huge leap of faith for our Corellian. :D

19. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I can see why Han hasn't told Luke or Leia about his past. It's very painfully for him he lost his only way of life and his family (the jedi) But I think it's time he did Luke needs someone to help him and I can see Han doing that well.

20. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Yes, Han would have been used to shielding himself and keeping his Jedi past a secret. But, if there was ever anyone to reveal it to, it would have been Obi-Wan Kenobi -especially if he was with Luke. Han would have been able to sense the awesome potential Luke had with the Force, as well as the name Skywalker.

Seeing the two of them chartering his ship would only have been considered a sign from the Force that it was time for Han to reveal himself as a former Jedi padawan.

Han could be of some help to Luke, but not that much. He was only a padawan when the Order was destroyed and not that advanced either -as he was only 14 years old.

Perhaps both Luke and Han should go to visit Yoda.

21. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great first couple of posts-Looking forward to more!

22. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    I really liked this chapter! Han and Leia Pre- ESB Drunken Interaction is the best ever; ANYTHING can happen! Keep going, you're doing great!

23. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005
    TorontoJediMaster
    GreatOne -- I would answer your posts but I'm affraid I might give some of the story away. ;)
    Jeditheskyisblue

QueenOfAces - Interesting concept, IrishEyedJedi! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this. Loved the H/L interaction...definitely want more of that.

Welcome to the wonderful world of posting fan fiction!
    -- Hey thanks! I'm a big fan of Undercover Operation. Thanks for the post! :D

Kab730 - Great first couple of posts-Looking forward to more! -- Thanks! I appericate you reading. :)

HanSolosGal - I really liked this chapter! Han and Leia Pre- ESB Drunken Interaction is the best ever; ANYTHING can happen! Keep going, you're doing great! - My thoughts exactly! ;)

24. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005
    Chapter 2

The past several months or so had been anything but enjoyable for Han. Even though he had told Luke a little about his father the kid kept pestering him. The moment Han would return from a supply run Luke would be waiting, but Han was able to side step the questions fairly easy. As much as he liked Luke, the kid was pretty easy to confuse. The Princess however was a different story. She had been rude and mean to Han ever since that night he told her she was beautiful, which Han knew might happen but it was still hard. Then there was Chewie, as Han sat in his lounge on the Falcon he remembered the fight he had with Chewie on the way back from Kashyyyk.

[Cub you have to stop running from your past.]

?I?m not running Chewie! If that old man wanted me to train Luke he would have mentioned it.?

[When cub? As I recall we didn?t have much time for a heart to heart talk with the Jedi Master.]

?Don?t get cheeky,? Han huffed as he stood in the galley making some dinner. ?What makes you think he even recognized me??

[What makes you think he didn?t]

?Chewie I was only a Padawan, a Padawan who kept losing his Master. Every time I got a new Master he would die and the one person who could have been my Master from the beginning continued to ignore me!? Han threw his food across the lounge. ?Is that what you wanted to hear, that I have a grudge against the old man,? Han had never been this mad with Chewie. The air began to trickle with electricity.

[I?m sorry cub] Chewie woofed. Han let out a defeated breath.

?You didn?t know pal. You didn?t know,? Han slowly walked over to the mess he made. ?Maybe I could throw a couple pointers towards Luke. Just say I saw a Jedi do it once.?

[Well if that?s your angle then I might as well teach him. I saw just as many Jedi in action as you did.]

?That?s not a bad idea Chewie,? Han had that look on his face when he was getting a crazy idea.

[Cub?] Chewie gave a warning growl.

?What? It could work,? Han gave his cocky smile. That same cocky smile was on Han?s face now as he stretched out on the couch. They had just returned from taking her Highness on a mission and of course on the way back Han had gotten into a fight with her. Although in this one the Princess pulled some low blows and Han had thrown her luggage out of the Falcon as soon as they had landed. She had accused him of never caring about anybody enough to sacrifice for them. This had cause Han to lose it, how could she not see he would die for her and Luke. As he took a sip of whiskey he looked down at his Padawan braid. For some reason once she had left he felt the need to pull it out. He closed his eyes and continued to hold it, slowly he started to drift into sleep and no sooner was he unconscious then the nightmare began but this time it was different. This time it was Leia and Luke following him through the vents, but they weren?t running from troopers they were running from Vader. Every turn they took the breathing machine of Vaders became louder and louder. Finally they exited the vents and were in a long hallway with Vader at the other end.

--

Leia had felt terrible about what she had said to Han. She knew he would do anything for she and Luke, he?d saved them several times through these last couple of years and without any thought for his safety. He must care about them if he was willing to do that, but somewhere deep down Leia wanted Han to see her as more then a friend. She quickly dismissed the thought and continued to stand at the bottom of the Falcon?s ramp, contemplating how to apologies.
    --

Han stood between Vader and his friends. He ignited his saber and moved into a defensive position. Vader methodically moved closer to the group, his mechanical breathing was the only noise in the hall.

?I do not want to harm you Padawan,? Vader spoke. ?Join me, along with my son we can defeat the Emperor.?

?And if I refuse?? Han asked.

?Then your friends will die,? Vader said as he snapped on his saber.

?Over my dead body,? Han l

25. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Great last line! Nope, Leia isn't going to take that too well. Interesting how Han's braid made Leia have visions, too! (a certian connection they have there.. ;) )

Also, just a suggestion, but if you go back to your first post, you can change the subject line to show you updated, so people will read your next chapter! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.