main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The One He Saved -- AU Between ANH & ESB (H/L, Luke, Vader) -- COMPLETE 2/18/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by IrishEyedJedi, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh wow!

Loved the intercutting of Anakin's visions there, and the final line was badass! Prepare for pain, Palpatine!

That was great, throwing Jade's one-liners back in her face. Been waiting for that for a long time. And poor Piett.

Yay! Leia's back! Great job, Han! Now let's go kill pruneface.

2. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    WOW!

Jedi Han is HOT HOT HOT! [face_blush]

"Heart"

Juicy Update...Happy Thanksgiving!

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ?Then you shall be the first Jedi I kill tonight Lord Vader,? the Emperor hissed.

?My name," Vader growled. "Is Anakin Skywalker.?

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Mayhem ensues! I thought that was my favorite part until the moment I finished reading Han's vision.

4. Roain_Xantos

Roain_Xantos Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    Irish, i am still working on finishing my reading of what you've already completed (about on chapter 10), and i love it so far! who would have thought? Han? :)

-Roain

5. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Sorry it took me so long to reply!

I loved the Luke and mara banter! She is so jealous of what he has with winter.

Han and leia together..and are the three kids Jaina, JAcen and Anakin? (sequel?)

Way to go vader now if only you could take out the emperor everything would be great!

6. Darth_Vastor

Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005

Yes! Palpatine stands no chance now. The Chosen One is back and he's pissed.

It's been a while since I reviewed, but this story just keeps getting better and better. Keep it up!

7. Vader_Princess

Vader_Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2005
    :eek: [face_frustrated] [face_plain] *begins to not care if someone sees here DE-LURK and swings in on huge banner that reads in (almost too big for the banner itself) letters
    'HAYDEN IS SUPER HOOOOOOOT! '*

Hellow everyone all i can say is OMFG! Irish you are eviler than the old corpse himself!

Ani is back :) :D ! My poor Ani!........If you kill Vader i will personaly hunt you down!
    :mad: [face_devil] [face_mischief]

UPDATE SOON!!!!! your going to give me a heart attack!!!!!!!

PS The Emporor is SOOOO dead! [face_praying] *looks hopeful* :D

8. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

WynssaStarflare - Great update IEJ!! Hopefully Han can get Leia to come back to the Light by helping her overcome those corrupted memories. Not mentioning the Vader/Palpatine duel or Luke/Mara! Can't wait for more! -- Well Ms. Wyn I hope you enjoyed your time here in SoCal, and thanks for the review before you left!

Liesl - No longer at school...he he.

Anyway, loved the line:
    Very poignant.

The banter between Luke and Mara is great. Farmboy...

And, of course, the H/L is won-der-ful.

The cover is pretty too. It definitely fits the story.
    -- Yeah JL did a GREAT job on the Banner :D I actually playd around with several other ways for Anakin to state he was himself again but I thought this simple statement was much more effective.

Ladynaye ? =D= -- [face_blush]

Golden_Jedi - An update! Wonderful!

Go, Han, go!
    -- Thanks, Han's certainly got his work cut out for him ;)

LadyEcho - Agggghhhh, I hate class! I can't read this right now, but I'm dying to! I will come back and edit this when I finally can, I promise. -- Well hopefully you read it and enjoyed it [face_batting]

PonyTricks - AHH!!! Han's getting through to his Princess! (of course, kissing her isn't going to hurt, anything...) And Vader's helping his son! Yeah! (now, don't you go and pull an LP on us!) -- *points to self ala Han* Me? Pull an LP? Never [face_devil]

AngelQueen - *bounces around happily* An update! Woo!

Wow, so Anakin's finally made his choice between his family and the old Sith bat. Having him relive different moments of his life, seeing his mother, Obi-Wan, and Padmé was beautiful! And catching a glimpse of the three grandchildren that have yet to be born was great as well! Well done!

And of course, my favorite line: ?My name," Vader growled. "Is Anakin Skywalker.?

HAH! Take that you wrinkled old crow!

Loved the banter between Luke and Mara. In a way, it was rather similar to what we've come to expect from the EU, them trying to get under one another's skins. Really funny!

Now Han has a chance of pulling Leia away from the old bat's grasp! Yes!

Again, excellent post! Can't wait for the next one!

AQ
    -- I'm glad people liked Anakin reliving those memories. I wanted to show that he was seeing them from a new perspective. How he could have done things differently.

Rosh_Penin - Yeah, get 'im, Ani!

And well done to Han, showing a sensitivity and carefulness that is quite unlike his usual bluster - but more like his real self.
    -- Yeah Han doesn't always have to be smug, at least I think he softens up when he's around Leia.

dm1 - Excellent post! Loved Anakin's turn and the line "My name is Anakin Skywalker." That was just so expressive!

Poor Piett, I really feel for him in this story, all those people he was trying to save...

As for Han, you go!!! Save your lady and fix all those corrupted memories. Help her out from under the Dark Side!
    -- Yup Han did help, now the rest is up to Leia.

Zonoma - Not quite caught up with you yet, IEJ, but I just couldn't resist those last two chapters!!!! My goodness, I love Han as a Jedi. Yummy. -- Mmmm Hmmm. He is yummy [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] LOL You'll know the ending before you get to the middle.

Amidala66 - well worth the wait Irish!!

I am so glad Papa Vader woke up and is now fighting the emperor. I hope that Han will save Leia too.

I really enjoyed your update.
    -- Thank you glad you enjoyed it.

Novahawk9 - Go Han! If anybody can get through to her its him!

Awesome!
    -- I agree GO HAN!

Arkady - Vader's visions were so well done. Great post!
    Arkady
    -- Thanks you! [face_blush]

RK_Striker_JK_5 - Oh wow!

Loved the intercutting of Anakin's visions there, and the final line was badass! Prepare for pain, Palpatine!

That was

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, yes, evil you are. Gruel you must eat. Post I have betaed. It where is?

10. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We're coming down to the finally chapters :_|

Chapter 45

?You have to get out of here,? Leia franticly said as she pulled out of his embrace.

Han gave her a look like she was on spice. ?Are you crazy? Do you know what I had to go through just to get in??

?I know, but if I can?t beat him then we?ll both lose are minds.? Leia cupped Han?s face. ?I need you to be out there waiting for me.?

Her eyes sparkled from the tears she was trying to hold back. This could be the last time they would hold each other, touched one another or expressed how much they loved each other.

?I don?t understand,? Han responded. His eyes showed his confusion as he continued to hold Leia, not wanting to let go.

?I pulled you in here to help me, and you?ve done all you can,? Leia breathed as she pulled his face down to hers. ?Now the rest is up to me.?

?Please don?t ask me to go,? Han?s soft plea tore at the Princess? heart but she had to be strong.

?I?m sorry,? Leia placed a tender kiss on his lips. ?For everything.?

With a kiss they said their goodbyes. Han felt himself being pulled from her mind; as he started to slip away he parted from the kiss in time to say one final thing to her: ?I?ll be waiting.?

With that, he was gone, leaving Leia in darkness once again. Her body was still warm from his touch and using this as a catalyst she began to concentrate. A blinding light surrounded her and soon, Leia could feel herself gain a small amount of control over her body. This would be her only shot.

--

Han felt himself still kissing Leia when he was back in his body. He opened his eyes and took a step back from her, hoping to give her enough space to do whatever it is she needed to do, but be close enough to catch her if she passed out. Han watched as she closed her eyes, her body became rigid as if it was fighting with itself. Her arms struggled to reach her head. She began to grunt as the struggle continued, her breath became heavy and her finger continued to inch closer to the device on her head.

?AAHH,? both Leia and Han cried out as a ripple of electricity pulsed through the device. They both fell to their knees, unable to fight the agonizing pain which coursed through their bodies. Han crawled over to Leia and reached for the device, hoping to end the pain that they were both in. His fingers were shocked as they came close to the thin strip of metal. To Han?s surprise Leia?s hand grabbed his.

?Only ? I ? can ? touch ? it.?

The waves of pain rising as she tried to talk. The Princess took a deep breath and pushed her body into listening to her. With a great force, she grabbed hold of the device. She gritted her teeth through the pain and in one motion threw the device off her head.

Han was barely conscious as he crawled over to her. She was still alive and as the seconds passed, he could feel her presence slowly emanating from her body.

?You did it, Sweetheart,? he mumbled into her ear as he cradled her head and planted a kiss on her forehead, ?You did it.?

--

?Haven?t you learned by now that nothing can match the power of the Dark Side?? Palpatine sneered as he and Anakin continued to fight.

?The Dark Side didn?t save Padme,? Anakin shouted as he crossed his blades to block the Emperor?s next strike.

?That was because you killed her!? The Emperor laughed.

?No!?

Anakin swung down hard with his old saber then tried to slice at the Emperor with the other.

?Your powers are weak now.?

?So are yours old man,? Anakin growled.

The battle between master and apprentice raged on, each trying to take the momentum and press the attack, but their strength began to weaken. Both were on the defensive and only made advancements if absolutely necessary. Finally, Palpatine took control and Force pushed Anakin against a pipe, before the born-again Jedi could react, the Sith Lord used a smaller pipe to wrap around Anakin, pinning him in place.

"Your childr

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I love all the things coming together, especially the Han vs. Wrinkles smack-down. I so wanted ringside seats. And the ending rocked!

12. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    ?I learned from the best,? Han grunted as he twirled his saber and sliced down at Palpatine.

Get 'im, Han!

Good to see Anakin answering and acting on the good still in him.

13. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    ?Hey, Wrinkles.? A voice called out

I love Han. Definitely.

14. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    You go, Han! Love those smart aleck remarks of his!

Come on, Jedi, get together and defeat Wrinkles, let's get going here....

This is so good, can't wait for the next installment! Thanks for letting me know this was up.

15. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Very, very exciting post! Only a few more chapters? :_|

16. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    And it's all starting to come together... Luke and Leia's bond is sealing once and for all, Han has done what he was meant to do - give his wife the strength she needs to stand up and fight for herself, Piett has made his final choice and is helping Winter and Co.

And the Chosen One has returned to fulfill the Prophecy and his destiny.

But will he survive doing so? Is he meant to bring balance at the cost of his own life, forever cutting him off from his children and, later, his grandchildren? Or will the Force be merciful in this case and permit him time to have with his family?

I especially loved the part where Luke was persuading Mara to join with them. She really seemed like a part of her wanted to take his offer. And just why does Luke want to save her? He says it is because he knows there is good in her, but one cannot help but wonder... ;) :D Especially if you're a die-hard L/M fan like me. [face_batting] [face_batting]

Outstanding job, Irish! A really great chapter! The board is set, the pieces are making their final moves! How will this end? In fire? Or in the light?

Again, excellent chapter! Can't wait to see what happens next! :)

AQ

17. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    Don't keep us readers waiting for long!! =D=

18. MasterTywalker

MasterTywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    I like it, maybe Anakin will do something a little more satisfying that just chucking Palps down the shaft. Maybe a force push out the window into the vacuum of space or something.[face_thinking]

19. Arkady

Arkady Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2004
    ?Hey, Wrinkles.? A voice called out.

That is sooo Han Solo. Absolutly perfect.

Arkady

20. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    After that comment about Wrinkles, I will smile every time I see Palpatine on the ROTS DVD.

Just simply awesome update. There wasn't anything that I didn't like except the fact that Anakin is in harm's way but he is good again and that is all that matters for now.

I gotta go and check out your new fic.
    :D

21. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    I've been off the boards for awhile, and it was wonderful to see an update tonight. All I can say is WOW... I have absolutely loved this story. Your portrayal of Han rivals the best of them! And "Go, Anakin!!"

22. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    the final show down continues! only a few more chapters? could you maybe lengthen them for christmas? don't be a scrooge now.

loved the wrinle remark, it was a very Han thing t do.

don't keep us waiting too long for the next post.

23. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    My thoughts exactly, I laughed out loud at this comment!

"Heart"

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Han is so Han in that post. Glad to see Anakin return. :)

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Awesome, Leah! Loved Han's insults to Palps, there. And Han helped bring Leia back![face_dancing]

Go, Anakin! Fulfill your destiny!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.