Saga The One He Saved -- AU Between ANH & ESB (H/L, Luke, Vader) -- COMPLETE 2/18/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by IrishEyedJedi, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. LadyEcho Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yay, an update! So glad Leia is finally free of Wrinkles. You're wrapping this up very well, Irish. Congratulations! [:D]
  2. WynssaStarflare Jedi Master

star 4
    Great job! It's good to see Leia free of Palpatine. Hopefully Vader can defeat the emperor.
  3. Rosh_Penin Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wonder if Han or Ani will get to him first? And as for Mara, hopefully being attacked by her master will open her eyes.

And of course, Han's banter - magnificently distracting as always! I think that was keeping Palpy off balance as much as the second blade!
  4. Zonoma Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Wrinkles!

[face_laugh]

What a charged chapter! What's next?
  5. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, when's the update? I want to see Palpy get his just desserts! Don't mess with the Skywalker/Solo clan!!!! [face_shame_on_you]
  6. IrishEyedJedi Jedi Master

star 4

DarthIshtar - I love all the things coming together, especially the Han vs. Wrinkles smack-down. I so wanted ringside seats. And the ending rocked! -- hehehe I thought you'd enjoy that chapter, especially after you beta'd it. ;)

Liesl - ?I learned from the best,? Han grunted as he twirled his saber and sliced down at Palpatine.

Get 'im, Han!

Good to see Anakin answering and acting on the good still in him.
    -- Padme was right. There was still good in him.

Golden_Jedi - ?Hey, Wrinkles.? A voice called out

I love Han. Definitely.
    -- The moment I wrote that I knew people were gonna like it.

dm1 - You go, Han! Love those smart aleck remarks of his!

Come on, Jedi, get together and defeat Wrinkles, let's get going here....

This is so good, can't wait for the next installment! Thanks for letting me know this was up.
    -- Thanks for reading. The Jedi will get it together . . . ;)

PonyTricks - Very, very exciting post! Only a few more chapters? -- Yup only one more chapter after this one I'm about to post.

AngelQueen - And it's all starting to come together... Luke and Leia's bond is sealing once and for all, Han has done what he was meant to do - give his wife the strength she needs to stand up and fight for herself, Piett has made his final choice and is helping Winter and Co.

And the Chosen One has returned to fulfill the Prophecy and his destiny.

But will he survive doing so? Is he meant to bring balance at the cost of his own life, forever cutting him off from his children and, later, his grandchildren? Or will the Force be merciful in this case and permit him time to have with his family?

I especially loved the part where Luke was persuading Mara to join with them. She really seemed like a part of her wanted to take his offer. And just why does Luke want to save her? He says it is because he knows there is good in her, but one cannot help but wonder... Especially if you're a die-hard L/M fan like me.

Outstanding job, Irish! A really great chapter! The board is set, the pieces are making their final moves! How will this end? In fire? Or in the light?

Again, excellent chapter! Can't wait to see what happens next!

AQ
    -- The Force is forgiving, but not that forgiving. :(

Ladynaye - Don't keep us readers waiting for long!! -- Sorry had some betaing issues.

MasterTywalker - I like it, maybe Anakin will do something a little more satisfying that just chucking Palps down the shaft. Maybe a force push out the window into the vacuum of space or something. -- Hopefully you'll enjoy my new take on how he kills him [face_batting]

Arkady - ?Hey, Wrinkles.? A voice called out.

That is sooo Han Solo. Absolutly perfect.

Arkady
    -- [face_blush] Thanks!

Amidala66 - After that comment about Wrinkles, I will smile every time I see Palpatine on the ROTS DVD.

Just simply awesome update. There wasn't anything that I didn't like except the fact that Anakin is in harm's way but he is good again and that is all that matters for now.

I gotta go and check out your new fic.
    -- Thank you for taking the time to read both. Anakin is in harm's way, but he put himself in that position when he turned all those years ago.

Chewie-Fan - I've been off the boards for awhile, and it was wonderful to see an update tonight. All I can say is WOW... I have absolutely loved this story. Your portrayal of Han rivals the best of them! And "Go, Anakin!!" -- [face_blush] Your words are too kind. The smuggler holds a soft spot in my heart.

Melodious - the final show down continues! only a few more chapters? could you maybe lengthen them for christmas? don't be a scrooge now.

loved the wrinle remark, it was a very Han thing t do.

don't keep us waiting too long for the next post.
    -- Well there is only one more chapter after this one, but I do plan on writi
  7. IrishEyedJedi Jedi Master

star 4

Ok folks, we're coming down to the finals chapters here. You have one more after this one . . . and possibly and Epilogue (if you're good). So for all those lurkers out there let me know who you are so I can thank you properly.

Chapter 46

?Quickly, in here,? Piett said as he ushered his Rebel friends into his quarters. ?You can use this console.?

R2 began to work on the shield controls, beeping in the process.

?R2 says it should only take a few minutes for him to access the controls,? 3PO translated as he stood next to his counter bot.

?As soon as the shields are down we should head for the shuttle,? Piett said sternly.

?Agreed,? Winter said as she monitored R2?s progress.

?What about the others? We can?t leave without them,? Wes said in a worried tone.

?We shall wait for Lord Vader and his children as long as possible.? Piett walked over to the young pilot. ?They are more important to this war then any of us.?

?Gee thanks,? Wes rolled his eyes. ?That?s one thing I don?t get about you Imps. You?re willing to sacrifice your own for the good of the Empire.?

?Then it shouldn?t surprise you that most here in the Empire are confused why the Rebel?s put themselves and their brethren ahead of the cause,? Piett arched one elegant eyebrow, fixing Wes with a coolly challenging gaze.

?Maybe because we feel no cause is worth more then a person,? Wes took a step towards Piett.

?Gentlemen,? Winter?s tone had a warning in it. ?This is a conversation best left to those who plan on rebuilding the galaxy, not to those who carry out their wishes.?

?My apologies,? Piett was completely sincere. ?Sometimes when you?ve been fighting for so long ? ?

?You don?t know any other way to handle things,? Wes finished with a small nod. An understanding passed between the two men.

Just then lights and sirens began to go off, followed by R2 beeping franticly to be heard.

?R2 says the shield is down,? 3PO cried out.

?Come on,? Piett said as he grabbed his belongs, throwing them in a sack and flinging it over his shoulder. ?We can monitor the Rebels? progress from the shuttle.?

--

?The shield is down,? Ackbar?s voice came over the com. ?Commence attack on the Death Star?s main reactor.?

?We?re on our way. Red group, gold group, all fighters follow me!? Lando hooted. ?I told you they?d do it!?

The Falcon soared through the chaos around them, heading straight for the belly of the beast.

--

The battle between good and evil raged on as the Emperor continued his lightning assaults. Anakin could feel his strength draining. He wouldn?t be able to hold off the lightning much longer. Slowly, electricity from the lightning began to seep into his vital wiring, frying them. He could feel his life support systems beginning to fail. He drew upon the Force to compensate.

Suddenly two blinding presences in the Force appeared on either side of the Emperor causing the lighting to stop. Collapsing to the ground and gasping for breath Anakin looked up to see his children now continuing the fight. As he battled to stay conscious he felt another presence in the Force brush past him.

Thank you Ani.

--

It took Leia a moment to realize what was happening. She had put her hand up to stop the lightning on instinct, and now the energy was gathering in front of her. She stole a glance at Han who was still trying to recover from his earlier stint with the Emperor.

We can?t hold him off forever.

Luke stood on the other side of the Emperor doing exactly what she was doing.

There has to be a way of using his own energy against him.

Leia started using two hands as the intensity of the power grew. Leia could feel that she and Luke were losing their battle. The Emperor?s laugh filled the air as both siblings began to falter. They reached out for each other but even their connection could not help them. They both cried out in one desperate plea.

Father, please!
  8. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    WOOHOO! They're out! And yay, Leia got to talk to Rieekan! Okay, maybe my priorities suck, but that's okay! Anakin/Palpy was stunning.
  9. PonyTricks Force Ghost

star 4
    Great Chapter! And Anakin is still alive! :eek: :eek: - Hmmmm. [face_thinking] Very interesting turn of events, I must say. But I really don't think it will take an entire DAY for Han to notice the dish antenna is gone! :p
  10. Master_Jedi_Singh Jedi Master

star 3
    haven't reviewed in a long time and would like to say that was a great story.
    Hope your other 1 turns out that way.
  11. Ladynaye Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't let Ani die, please!!!!
  12. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
    Anakin! *weeps* :_| :_| Don't die... :(

Excellent chapter, Irish!

?Don?t let democracy fail us again.?

Excellent sentiments, those. Piett was right. The Old Republic ultimately failed the people due to the corruption that had infested it. Now it is up to the Skywalkers and their allies to prevent it from happening again.

Great chapter! Can't wait to see the next one and the Epilogue! :D :D

AQ
  13. Crazydan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Congratulations. It was nice to see Piett surviving in this story. Very sad when he was killed in that SSD Executor. Oh well, what a shame Executor got blow up by the Death Star in this story too... what a story if the Executor surrendered to the Rebel Alliance.

Anyway, great to see Anakin being redeemed. But will he survives in this story?
  14. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Good update! I wonder what Han is up to, though? Only one more post?! Can we please have the epilogue? I've been a faithful reader and reviewer, please???
  15. Liesl Jedi Master

star 4
    And it's all coming together...and yet it's so sad that it's ending! :_|

Anyway...

I especially liked Anakin's thoughts on his kids, and how he'll be able to watch over them through the Force.
  16. Golden_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Only one more to go? I'll be good, I'll be good... :D Some babies in the epilogue?
  17. WynssaStarflare Jedi Master

star 4
    Great action!! I really can't wait to see how Piett can help the rebellion. Great job!
  18. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Waa-hoo! Bye bye, Palps. Yeah, Leah. That's some pretty good action. And did Mara survive? Her little scene was... odd.

ANakin, don't die! And whoever thought I'd be saying that? Still, if he dies, he dies a good man. And glad to see Firmus make it (Piett's canon first name).
  19. Amidala66 Jedi Master

star 4
    What is Han up to?

I am so glad that Anakin killed the Emperor. aka Wrinkles.

This was another awesome chapter. It is hard to believe that it is almost complete.

Great job.=D=
  20. leias_girl Jedi Knight

star 1
    I love this story so much - I'm torn between never actually wanting it to come to an end and wanting to know what happens. I hope you write more.

I love the way the Emperor died - perfect action and dialogue. I was a little confused by Mara's scene as well. Did she escape, to cause problems later, I presume?

Looking forward to the remaining story.
  21. Arkady Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great chapter! You write action scenes really well. Please may we have an epilouge?

Was that nice enough?:)

Arkady
  22. darthalf Jedi Padawan

I've been lurking for a while on this fic. Very well written Irish!! The whole idea of Han being a Jedi was a great plot line. I look forward to the much anticipated conclusion to this epic. GREAT JOB!
  23. voxynking Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh wow. Great job. I can't wait for this to finish up. Can it be that Anakin might actually survive.
  24. Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Knight

star 3
  25. starwarsfan68 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Awesome. Can't wait for more.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.