main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The One He Saved -- AU Between ANH & ESB (H/L, Luke, Vader) -- COMPLETE 2/18/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by IrishEyedJedi, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    Great stuff! All-out Jedi assaults on Palpy, Mara getting away - AND Han has an idea for Ani!

2. Darth_Vastor

Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    What a great chapter! Palpatine is dead, Anakin has embraced his destiny, and Luke, Han, Leia and co. have all made it. It looks like there's even a chance for Anakin to live. Piett's lines at the end of the chapter were great. They really strike home.

Again, I apologize for lurking. Real life ...

3. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    Great Update Grandmaster!

Oh and ahem, I've been very good this year Santa, so maybe an epilogue? [face_whistling]

"Heart" :D

4. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    An Update! kinda disspointed it's almost over. BUt i loved Luke and Leia helping Anakin, his final redemption, very exciting.

Have a Merry Christmas and hope you make an extra long special epilogue!

5. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
  6. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Everything about this post was marvelous but my favorite part was Piett's last words to Leia. Very haunting and it rather endeared him to me. I can't believe that this is the end!:_| Though I guess I will have time to go back and actually read the first 40 chapters now![face_laugh]

7. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Please update soon, we're all waiting to find out how this all works out!

8. merijune

merijune Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    I just read all of this....super job. I want Anakin to live!!!

9. Aquarius_1977

Aquarius_1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    IrishEyedJedi--I've been working my way down the Bespin Cafe index and I finally landed here! I just now read the prologue and I am intrigued. I can't wait to read more. Sorry for the broken, multiple posts that are probably to come; unfortunately I am almost never able to read anything longer than a vignette in one sitting, so I like to let authors know that I'm still working on it and how much I like it so far, so they don't think I forgot.

Can't wait until I can sit down and read more! :)

10. Culf_the_Sith

Culf_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2005
    Don't let Ani die, please! There's got to be a reasn for why Han called out "wait!" Maybe he has some healing powers?

11. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

DarthIshtar - WOOHOO! They're out! And yay, Leia got to talk to Rieekan! Okay, maybe my priorities suck, but that's okay! Anakin/Palpy was stunning. -- o_O Uh . . . yeah (on the priorities) :p

PonyTricks - Great Chapter! And Anakin is still alive! - Hmmmm. Very interesting turn of events, I must say. But I really don't think it will take an entire DAY for Han to notice the dish antenna is gone! -- LOL, no I doubt it will.

Master_Jedi_Singh - haven't reviewed in a long time and would like to say that was a great story.
    Hope your other 1 turns out that way.
    -- Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.

Ladynaye - Don't let Ani die, please!!!! -- Um . . . [face_whistling]

AngelQueen - Anakin! *weeps* Don't die...

Excellent chapter, Irish!

?Don?t let democracy fail us again.?

Excellent sentiments, those. Piett was right. The Old Republic ultimately failed the people due to the corruption that had infested it. Now it is up to the Skywalkers and their allies to prevent it from happening again.

Great chapter! Can't wait to see the next one and the Epilogue!

AQ
    -- Piett was completely right, but sometimes it's easier to look back on events when looking at them in perspective of the Empire and how the corruption lead to this final battle.

Crazydan - Congratulations. It was nice to see Piett surviving in this story. Very sad when he was killed in that SSD Executor. Oh well, what a shame Executor got blow up by the Death Star in this story too... what a story if the Executor surrendered to the Rebel Alliance.

Anyway, great to see Anakin being redeemed. But will he survives in this story?
    -- That's the burning question. Stay tuned. Same Jedi station, same Jedi time.

dm1 - Good update! I wonder what Han is up to, though? Only one more post?! Can we please have the epilogue? I've been a faithful reader and reviewer, please??? -- Well since you asked so nicely . . . oh ok. ;)

Liesl - And it's all coming together...and yet it's so sad that it's ending!

Anyway...

I especially liked Anakin's thoughts on his kids, and how he'll be able to watch over them through the Force.
    -- :_| It's all so beautiful :_|

Golden_Jedi - Only one more to go? I'll be good, I'll be good... Some babies in the epilogue? -- Maybe [face_batting]

WynssaStarflare - Great action!! I really can't wait to see how Piett can help the rebellion. Great job! -- Well that story will be for the Sequel ;)

RK_Striker_JK_5 - Waa-hoo! Bye bye, Palps. Yeah, Leah. That's some pretty good action. And did Mara survive? Her little scene was... odd.

Anakin, don't die! And whoever thought I'd be saying that? Still, if he dies, he dies a good man. And glad to see Firmus make it (Piett's canon first name).
    -- Mara will come back in the sequel, dont you worry. And yes I love this idea of Piett making it out alive.

Amidala66 - What is Han up to?

I am so glad that Anakin killed the Emperor. aka Wrinkles.

This was another awesome chapter. It is hard to believe that it is almost complete.

Great job.
    -- Han just wants a chance to talk with Anakin. Those two have some making up to do.

leias_girl - I love this story so much - I'm torn between never actually wanting it to come to an end and wanting to know what happens. I hope you write more.

I love the way the Emperor died - perfect action and dialogue. I was a little confused by Mara's scene as well. Did she escape, to cause problems later, I presume?

Looking forward to the remaining story.
    -- She did escape. I thought that the Emperor being able to see Anakin kill him and exchange final words was a lot more powerful then just chucking him over the side of the railing.

Arkady - Great chapter! You write action scenes really well. Please may we have an epilouge?

Was that nice enough?

12. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

My dear friends I can?t thank you enough for all the love and support you have given me in these 8 months of writing this story. I?d take the time to thank each and every one of you but I fear I?d leave someone out. (Except I must thank Z for her wonderful beta job!) So it?s with a heavy heart that I end this wonderful fic, as a Jedi Master would say, ?End one journey and begin another.?

I do plan on writing a sequel, which I believe has to be in the Beyond Board. I?ll make sure to put ?Sequel to TOHS? in the title, but if you?d like me to PM you once I start posting let me know. It wont be for another month or so.

Again thank you a thousand times over for taking the time to read this. I dedicate this final chapter to all of you.

Chapter 47

It was clear Han was in a medical bay, the cloy smell of bacta in the air, the hum of machines, and the dry, tasteless sensation in his mouth indicated that they had just removed him from the tanks. His vision was blurry as he opened his eyes. He felt cold and disconnected from everyone and everything, including the Force.

When his eyes finally focused, he realized he was sharing the small, secluded room with another occupant; a curtain was drawn between them. Curious, Han began to sit up, giving himself enough time to stem the vertigo that rising caused. He finally stood and almost stumbled back, but was able to catch himself. He took the cloth barrier in his hand and slowly pulled it back.

There, lying in bed with a small tube of air resting under his nostrils was a very pale, sickly version of the Jedi Han once knew. His mask had been removed, but the rest of his armor remained. Han could see the faint scar that covered Anakin?s right eye. Han was about to give the man his privacy when Anakin?s eyes fluttered open.

?Han.? His voice was scratchy and soft, much different from the mechanical voice, which terrorized the galaxy.

Han moved to his side and looked down at him. ?Yeah??

?Still angry,? Anakin coughed and laughed at the same time. ?You always were stubborn, like me.?

?You had your own version of stubborn,? Han mumbled.

?Is it too much to ask for your forgiveness??

The honesty in his voice caused Han to hold his bitter remark. Instead, he looked away for a moment, jaw clenched. ?You should be asking your fallen brothers,? Han whispered. ?The ones you betrayed.?

?Many things I will have to amend for when I am one with the Force,? Anakin took a deep breath. ?I?m dying, Han.? The young man?s face changed and Anakin could sense his worry for his daughter. ?Luke and Leia know. The only reason they?re not here is because we forced them to rest.?

?How are they?? Han asked, trying to start any conversation other than Anakin?s desire for forgiveness.

?Luke?s tired, but he?ll be stronger after this,? Anakin paused. ?Leia has more mental healing to do, but she?s as stubborn as me.?

?Ain?t that the truth,? Han snorted.

There was an awkward moment of silence before Anakin spoke. ?I?ve asked Luke and Leia to take me back to the Temple so I can be cremated.?

?You don?t deserve that honor,? Han said between gritted teeth.

?I want to die in the place where my evil began,? Anakin countered.

?So, what? You want my forgiveness now?? Han began to pace. ?You want me to say that because you finally fulfilled your promise that I forgive you for murdering my friends??

?I don?t know who I hurt more, you or my own daughter.? Anakin?s voice wavered.

Han let out a defeated breath, ?Why do you care about some smuggler turned Jedi??

?Because I see in you the Jedi I should have been, and the Jedi I?ll never be.? Anakin stopped to breath. Han could see it was a chore in itself.

?Luke is much more like Obi-Wan, more thoughtful and reserved, like his mother, and only uses force in the last possible moments.?

?Leia reminds me of Yoda. Using her knowledge to try and solve most problems, but she is a graceful warrior.?

?You and I, we?re soldiers,

13. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I knew there were some babies in sight! :D

Congatulations about finishing it and, yes, thank you, I'd like to receive a PM when you start the sequel!

14. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Congratulations on a great story! I, too, would like a PM when the new one starts.

15. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    [face_dancing] =D= [:D] [face_love]

A wonderful ending to a very entertaining story! Congratulations on finishing, and thank you for writing it! [:D]

16. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *breaks into cheers while wiping away tears*

Beeeaaauuutiful! [face_love] [face_love]

Excellent chapter, Irish! You portrayed Anakin's final days wonderfully! Surrounded by both his children and his son-in-law, he was able to die peacefully and go into the arms of those who loved him. :_| And his funeral was outstanding as well! Loved how Leia was briefly able to see Padmé and Bail.

So Leia is pregnant! *bounces happily* And the Emperor's dead so he can't get his grubby hands on them! Yay! Bail and Kellan Solo. [face_love] [face_batting] I love the sounds of their names already! :) And Jedi Senator Leia Organa Solo sounds perfect! She gets to utilize both of her areas of expertise!! :) =D=

An Epilogue, you say? Will we get an idea of what is going to happen with everyone? Like Piett and Mara? I'd love to see what happens to them as well.

Again, outstanding job, Irish! This has been an absolute delight to read!! :) :D =D= =D= I'd love to get a PM about the sequel!

AQ

17. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    It's over...:_|
    But it was great!

Good won over evil in the end and the three are back together...perfect ending. :)
    So there were babies involved. And the names sound so pretty (yes, I had to say them outloud).

I can't wait for the epilogue and please PM me for the sequel!

=D= =D= =D=

18. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Master! YOu made me cry right here at work! That was so beautiful, even the slightly bitterly funny bit with Han and Anakin.

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, that was so sad! But beautifully written! I... could never forgive Han, myself, to be honest. He chose his own damnation, after all. And heh, twins! Awesome, Leah. And great H/L mush.

When you begin the sequel, please PM me.

20. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    Oh, I enjoyed that immensly. I am so sorry to see this story end. I felt the same way when A New Hope ended and I knew I had to wait for the next episode. Thank you so much for planning a sequel. Please add me to the pm list.

21. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Congrats on finishing. It was nice having the family together for Anakin's death. I'm looking forward to the epilogue.

22. Arkady

Arkady Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2004
    That was a great ending! It got me all weepy, but in a good way. Thank you for an excellent story and please sign me up for the PM list for the sequel.

Arkady

23. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    That was a beautiful ending to a wonderful story. I am in tears as I am writing this. You really know how to tell a story.
    Congrats on a job well done.
    =D= =D= =D=

24. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    :_| Anakin's death made my cry!!

This story is one of the best I have ever read!! I can't wait for the epilouge and I hope to read similar stories from you in the future.

=D=

25. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    =D= Bravo Leah! I am so sad to see this end, but I am SO thankful to you for writing this amazing story, and providing me with an excellent excuse to while away the hours.

She fit right back into his arms like a missing piece of a holo-puzzle. He rested his head on top of hers, silently thanks whoever was watching over them for allowing this reunion to happen

This, in particular, gave me the "warm and fuzzies." [face_love]

Can't wait for the eppy and the sequel. :D

"Heart"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.