Saga The One He Saved -- AU Between ANH & ESB (H/L, Luke, Vader) -- COMPLETE 2/18/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by IrishEyedJedi, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Darth_Vastor Jedi Master

star 1
    A beautiful ending to an excellent story! While it's sad that Anakin died, he went out peacefully, forgiven by Luke, Leia, and Han. I also liked the choice of names for Han and Leia's twins. Those two have a bright future ahead of them.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a worthy story. You are truly a gifted author. Please add me to the PM list for any sequel that may arise in the near future!
  2. Melodious Jedi Knight

star 1
    awsome ending! two little babies on their way. interesting anme and very fitting. I like that you're straying from the EU.

Can't wait for the epilogue! :D
  3. HanSolosGal Jedi Knight

star 2
    om*g so much to catch up.

*DIES*
  4. Roain_Xantos Jedi Master

star 4
    i know. i'm about 6 chapters behind...

=D==D= congrats on finishing, IEJ.

-Roain <><
  5. IrishEyedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Golden_Jedi - I knew there were some babies in sight!

Congatulations about finishing it and, yes, thank you, I'd like to receive a PM when you start the sequel!
    -- You're on the list! Thank you you so much for reading . . . and of course there were babies ;)

dm1 - Congratulations on a great story! I, too, would like a PM when the new one starts. -- Thank you for reading! You're on the list.

PonyTricks - A wonderful ending to a very entertaining story! Congratulations on finishing, and thank you for writing it! -- Thank you so much PT! You've been with me from the beginning. It's been a fun road.

AngelQueen - *breaks into cheers while wiping away tears*

Beeeaaauuutiful!

Excellent chapter, Irish! You portrayed Anakin's final days wonderfully! Surrounded by both his children and his son-in-law, he was able to die peacefully and go into the arms of those who loved him. And his funeral was outstanding as well! Loved how Leia was briefly able to see Padmé and Bail.

So Leia is pregnant! *bounces happily* And the Emperor's dead so he can't get his grubby hands on them! Yay! Bail and Kellan Solo. I love the sounds of their names already! And Jedi Senator Leia Organa Solo sounds perfect! She gets to utilize both of her areas of expertise!!

An Epilogue, you say? Will we get an idea of what is going to happen with everyone? Like Piett and Mara? I'd love to see what happens to them as well.

Again, outstanding job, Irish! This has been an absolute delight to read!! I'd love to get a PM about the sequel!

AQ
    -- AQ you always give me such detailed reviews. Thank you so much! You're on the list.

Liesl - It's over...
    But it was great!

Good won over evil in the end and the three are back together...perfect ending.
    So there were babies involved. And the names sound so pretty (yes, I had to say them outloud).

I can't wait for the epilogue and please PM me for the sequel!
    -- Thank you so much padawan. I'm glad people enjoy the babies names. I always thought Leia would name a son after Bail.

DarthIshtar - Master! YOu made me cry right here at work! That was so beautiful, even the slightly bitterly funny bit with Han and Anakin. -- [:D] Thanks Poe!

RK_Striker_JK_5 - Oh, that was so sad! But beautifully written! I... could never forgive Han, myself, to be honest. He chose his own damnation, after all. And heh, twins! Awesome, Leah. And great H/L mush.

When you begin the sequel, please PM me.
    -- Jon thank you so much for stopping by and reading this! You're on the list.

Chewie-Fan - Oh, I enjoyed that immensly. I am so sorry to see this story end. I felt the same way when A New Hope ended and I knew I had to wait for the next episode. Thank you so much for planning a sequel. Please add me to the pm list. -- [face_blush] Thanks. You are on the list.

RebelMom - Congrats on finishing. It was nice having the family together for Anakin's death. I'm looking forward to the epilogue. -- I'm really happy with how Anakin's death came together. Thank you for reading. Here comes the Epilogue!

Arkady - That was a great ending! It got me all weepy, but in a good way. Thank you for an excellent story and please sign me up for the PM list for the sequel.

Arkady
    -- Ya on the list! Thanks so much for reading!!

Amidala66 - That was a beautiful ending to a wonderful story. I am in tears as I am writing this. You really know how to tell a story.

Congrats on a job well done.
    -- [face_blush] I'm very humbled thank you.

Ladynaye - Anakin's death made my cry!!

This story is one of the best I have ever read!! I can't wait for the epilouge and I hope to read similar stories from you in the future.
    -- I'm very flattered that you enjoyed this story so much. Thank you.

I_Heart_Han_Solo - Bravo Leah! I am so sad to see this end, but I am SO thankful to you for writing this amazing s
  6. IrishEyedJedi Jedi Master

star 4

Once again thank you all for the wonderful ride! Here's the Epilogue as promised and . . . I'd say in a couple of weeks the sequal should be appearing on the Beyond boards. Just gotta work out some plot stuff with my lovely beta (hint hint Z) :p

I love ya all . . . the story is now complete.

Epilogue

The night air was cool as Han stepped out onto the balcony of their apartment. Little did he know that many years earlier his in-laws owned the very same one. His eyes drifted to the Temple. It had been a year since they defeated the Emperor and destroyed the Death Star. The remaining Imperial Fleet had been taken over by the Sith Mara Jade. Han remembered Luke?s face when intelligence reported it; the young man seemed upset with himself for not being able to turn her.

?I have a feeling you?ll get another chance.? Han remembered telling the kid.

Han was beginning to miss him. Something Han never expected, but Luke had become a younger brother to him. They had been through so much together and Han knew there would be more to come. Luke had been away on his honeymoon for a month and was scheduled to come back any day. In the recent months, several Jedi had come out of hiding and the trio still needed to go through the Temple and inspect the repairs. The small yawn of his daughter snapped the smuggler Jedi out of his thoughts.

He looked down upon his little boy and girl, both of whom had fallen asleep while Han was thinking. He walked back inside and sat in his large chair, perfectly content to watch them sleep. Han had felt them begin to stir earlier and wanted to keep them from fully waking up their mother. Leia had been working so hard since the twins were born. They barely saw her, which Han didn?t mind too much. This was what she had been fighting for, to help rebuild and reshape the galaxy. Plus Leia had promised to fully help in the rebuilding of the Order once the Temple was ready.

Knowing they would see each other everyday gave Han comfort on those lonely nights when he and the kids would watch the sunset over the city. He had no idea that being a parent would feel so wonderful. Watching as his children discovered things for the first time both in life and in the Force. They were only a couple of months old but he could sense their curiosity and love.

His eyes began to grow heavy and Han tilted his head back allowing himself to close them. His thoughts drifted from Leia to the kids to the new Order until finally everything seemed to blend together.

The next morning Han awoke to the feeling of his wife caressing his face. He opened his eyes and noticed the weight of the twins in his arms was gone, but before he panicked he sensed that they had been taken back to their beds. His focused turned to the vision staring down at him. He pulled her onto his lap and kissed the top of her head.

?Morning stranger,? his voice rumbled against her hair.

?I?ve missed you so much,? Leia breathed as she tucked her head into his neck.

?I was beginning to wonder if we were still married,? Han teased.

He felt her playfully slap his chest. He caught her wrist and brought the back of her hand to his lips. ?You?ve been dreaming of doing this for years. The kids and I will always be here at the end of the day,? Han paused. ?Unless I?m teaching them to fly on the Falcon.?

?I can just see it now,? Leia chuckled. ?You, trying to navigate through an asteroid belt just to impress them.?

?Now there is an idea,? Han smirked.

Leia pulled back to look at him. Han could see the circles under her eyes. She looked like she had lost a little bit of weight, which worried him considering she had just had the twins. He rubbed her cheek with the back of his fingers.

?I?m worried about you,? he said. ?You need to take a break, even if it?s just for a day.?

?I know.? Leia looked down at her hands then back up at him. ?I have the morning off. Would I be able to have Solo?s famous breakfast??

?I dunno.? H
  7. Liesl Jedi Master

star 4
    Now it really is over...:_|

Luke and Winter are married. :)
    Bail and Kellen are born. :D

This epilogue completes the story but is also the perfect set up for a sequel. Yay!
  8. Golden_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Yay, sequel!:D

I'm glad you finished this, morover a sequel is in sight!
  9. PonyTricks Force Ghost

star 4
    Wonderful epilogue! :D

I like Luke and Winter being married, better than I like L/M *hides from L/M shippers* Winter is just nicer... :p

But, boy oh boy.... are they going to have BLONDE babies! [face_laugh]
  10. Arkady Jedi Knight

star 1
    That was very bittersweet. I know that they all have so much to do to help the New Republic establish itself, but being away from the people they love doesn't seem like the best reward for all their efforts. I just want everyone to live happily ever after, I guess.

Arkady
  11. Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Amazing! Wow amazing all I have to say... Sequal sequal sequal!!! Please!!!
  12. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Leia is always the overachiever - she really does need a break.

*ignores Mary Sue's comment*

Not often I see a Luke/Winter pairing. Seems to work here. Luke needs a little girl.
  13. WynssaStarflare Jedi Master

star 4
    Very sweet ending... I have absolutely loved this story! Great job!
  14. Amidala66 Jedi Master

star 4
    That was a wonderful epilogue. Please pm me when you start the sequel because I hardly ever read fics that aren't on the Saga boards.=D= =D=
  15. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    PM me, too, please! Good epilogue, will lead right into your sequel, I'm sure.

They never catch much of a break, do they? It seems like they are the only ones capable of doing anything. Oh, well, we wouldn't have much of a story if they weren't.
  16. I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Leah-

Great Epilogue! =D= I love the Solo baby names! I like that the names start with different letters as opposed to Jaina and Jacen. After all...you think those EU authors could be a wee bit more creative. ;) But hey, it's the EU...'nuff said. Fan fiction versus EU wins anyday in my book. First Luke and Leia, then Jacen and Jaina...that's too much alliteration for me. [face_laugh]

By the way, I love Luke and Winter as a couple!

"Heart"
  17. Ladynaye Jedi Master

star 4
    Great ending to a wonderful epic. Thanks for writing this for us all!! @};-
  18. Solo_Fan Jedi Master

star 4
    Great story! I just finished it in a two-day read. I like Han as a Jedi, and I really like how Anakin and Piett helped out Han, Luke, and Leia. The epilogue was good, but a little depressing in the fact that Han and Leia have gotten to spend so little time together as a married couple and family, and in the upcoming three months, will spend even less time together. I just hope that at the end of your sequel to this story, they will get to spend some good quality time together doing normal family things. Even the characters of the GFFA deserve some time to just live.
  19. G__Anakin Jedi Master

star 4
    I really liked this story

It was one of the best Saga Fanfictions I've read.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.