main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The One He Saved -- AU Between ANH & ESB (H/L, Luke, Vader) -- COMPLETE 2/18/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by IrishEyedJedi, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Very good chapter. It makes sense Luke and Leia would be able to sense Vader, since he's their father, but I am a bit surprised Vader doesn't know Luke is on Bespin! (maybe Luke has gotten good at shielding, too!)

2. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    Very nice chapter, oh Han and Leia, never stop fighting you can! lol

3. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I had to laugh at Leia and Han in this last part there are so funny yet you can tell madly in love with each other.

4. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Just started/finsihed reading thsi story, vey good job. i love the idea of haveing a force sensitive Han.
    I'm really hoping that this story has a happy sort of ending.
    anyways good job on the writting!!

5. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    Wooo, missed a few updates, and sure enough, missed a H/L fight too!

I'm not altogether sure why Leia's getting so upset, though. Han's comment seemed fairly inocuous.

6. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    QueenOfAces - My, my, my..they don't make things easy, do they? Han should talk to Leia before they go off to face Vader--kissing and making up will make it much easier to concentrate on the problem at hand.

I'm sorry I seem to keep missing posts...I'm busy with the end of the school year business. Keep up the good work!
    -- You're busy but I still appreciate you taking the time to drop a post by. :D

GreatOne - Very good chapter. It makes sense Luke and Leia would be able to sense Vader, since he's their father, but I am a bit surprised Vader doesn't know Luke is on Bespin! (maybe Luke has gotten good at shielding, too!) -- They think he doesn't feel them . . . little do they know [face_devil] MWAAAHAHAHA!

HanSolosGal - Very nice chapter, oh Han and Leia, never stop fighting you can! Lol -- Nope they're just too crazy in love. [face_love]

Jeditheskyisblue - I had to laugh at Leia and Han in this last part there are so funny yet you can tell madly in love with each other. -- Ah love! [face_love]

Melodious - Just started/finsihed reading thsi story, vey good job. i love the idea of haveing a force sensitive Han.
    I'm really hoping that this story has a happy sort of ending.
    anyways good job on the writting!!
    -- Woo Hoo a new reader! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this fic. Glad you like it so far.

Rosh_Penin - Wooo, missed a few updates, and sure enough, missed a H/L fight too!

I'm not altogether sure why Leia's getting so upset, though. Han's comment seemed fairly inocuous.
    -- Well Leia can get touchy sometimes, but I have a feeling they'll get through this little bump in the road. ;)

7. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005
    I'm rushing this post up because I'm about to leave work early and I wont be back home until late tonight so I haven't edited it yet. Hoping to have next post up by wednesday!

Chapter 15

?Chewie get back to the ship and get her ready to fly. I have a feeling we?ll be making a quick exit,? Han said as he checked his blaster and lightsaber.

?Where are you going?? Leia asked defiantly.

?Well I was thinking we ? as in you, Luke, and me would go rescue Lando. Since we?re the reason he?s a prisoner,? Han said as he started for the door.

?Han that?s suicide! Running into a detention area!? Leia said.

?Funny you should mention that, because if I remember correctly the last time we did it, it was on an Imperial station and we actually pulled it off,? Han smiled.

?Yeah we did,? Luke said with his own smile. Leia could see she wasn?t going to when this battle.

?Fine, but this time let?s have a plan. I?d like to avoid any trash compactors,? Leia eyed both the men.

?You?re the one who came up with that brilliant plan, your Highness,? Han said as he walked over to the security room. ?R2 get over here.? The group walked over to the security room that was now buzzing with activity. R2 plugged in and displayed a lay out of the upper level. The red flashing light indicated Lando?s position.

?They?re holding him on the top room on this building,? a technician pointed.

?Where?s the top of this building?? Han asked as he looked at the map.

?Here,? the technician pointed to several buildings away.

?What are you thinking Han?? Luke asked.

?Something crazy,? Leia muttered.

?Hey,? Han smirked. ?It?s me.? He then pointed to the roof of their building. ?We can make several series of jumps from here to here to here,? Han pointed to the final building.

?Those are impossible jumps,? a security officer said.

?Not for Jedi,? Leia smiled.

?Come on. The sooner we get him out of there the better chances we have of getting out of here,? Han said as he grabbed four robes from the security closet. ?R2 you and 3PO get to the ship.? The three friends headed for the lift and took it straight to the top. Han started to hand out the robes.

?What do we need these for?? Leia asked.

?So that once we get Lando we could get back here unnoticed,? Han said as he slid the robe on, the act felt familiar and for a moment Han let his thoughts dwell on a time and place long gone.

?Hey,? Leia whispered. ?You ok?? She looked concerned.

?Yeah,? Han said as he looked at his two friends and how much they reminded him of the old Order with the robes on. ?I?m just thinking about when these were standard issue,? Han gave a sad smile. The lift stopped and the trio headed for the stairwell that led to the roof.

?Luke you first, then you Princess, and I?ll head up the rear,? Han said as the wind whipped around them.

?Here goes nothing,? Luke said as he ran to the end of the building. He leaped high into the air and landed perfectly on the other building.

?See ya on the other side flyboy,? Leia said as she started to run. Once Leia left the ground she put several twists in her leap to look more graceful.

?Cute,? Han muttered as he started to run. He put several twists and flips into his move just to show off. Now the jumping was becoming a competition between the three. They bounced from one building to the next each time adding more flair until finally they landed on the building holding Lando. Han immediately started cutting the top of the roof with his saber. Once the circle was almost complete Luke used the force to move it over while Leia kept watch for any sign of trouble.

?Lando,? Han whispered as he stuck his head through the new whole in the roof.

?Han!? Lando started to shout but then corrected himself and whispered. ?How?d you get up there??

?Long story,? Han chuckled.

?Han we have inbound fighters,? Leia said as she starred off into the distance. Han jumped through the whole followed by Luke then Leia.

8. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    Wow...what an action scene. It was sweet of Han to protect Leia, but the three of them need to work together to turn/defeat Vader. No killing of Han, now...that would just be cruel. :)

9. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Han.... a half-trained Jedi against VADER!!????

NOOOOOOOO!!! Luke and Leia need to come back and rescue that Nerf! NOW!!! :eek: :eek:

10. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I think it's cute that Vader wanted Leia to Ruler while he and Luke stood with her.

11. Starshine

Starshine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    WOW :eek:

Now, whatever you do don`t kill Han. You can do whatever you want just don`t kill him, okay?

Han needs more than luck in this fight but still...Good luck Han! :)

12. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    Yikes! Is this the end for our noble hero?

I hope not!

13. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

Ok I finally went through and made some corrections on the chapter. I'm sorry I didn't get to italicize the dialogue that was through the force. Hopefully you guys picked up on that.

I see no one has faith in our hero's ability to hold his own against Vader.

*Starts to think*

Maybe I should kill Han . . .

14. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    No, don't kill Han!

I just read this whole thing today. It's awesome, even though I think Han is way cool without the Force. Leave it to Han, even as a Padawan, to be good enough to have a double saber! He's the best!

Keep it going! I'm glad someone is updating their fics.

15. bigbad01

bigbad01 Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    Ohhh....the tension is certainly building in this fic. Looking forward to the Han/Vader duel. I'm sure Han can give Vader a run for his money!!!

16. erinbev

erinbev Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

**waiting with bated breath**

17. Amelia

Amelia Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2005
    k, It's extremely rare for someone to enduce me out of Lurkerdom, but WOW. This is the cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers and I'm dying to know what happens. I think that Han will probably more than hold his own in this fight. Don't freak out people. Han is good with the lightsaber and at this point Vader is more machine than man and not nearly as skilled with a lightsaber as Anakin was pre-trip to the mechanical suit. *bounces*

Waiting with baited breath,

Amelia

18. Melodious

May 19, 2005
    I cannot believe that Han has just left them. I hope he doesn't pull a Ob Wan!! He couldn't even come back as a spirit.

can't wait for the next post.

19. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    DO NOT KILL HAN! :mad:

(injuring him is fine, however...) :p

20. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    (injuring him is fine, however...)

GreatOne, how could you say that!

No, don't injure Han, don't kill him!

I have faith that Han can hold his own (either by lightsaber or that smart mouth of his!).

Looking forward to an update.

21. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

QueenOfAces - Wow...what an action scene. It was sweet of Han to protect Leia, but the three of them need to work together to turn/defeat Vader. No killing of Han, now...that would just be cruel. -- All I have to say is this [face_devil]

GreatOne - Han.... a half-trained Jedi against VADER!!????

NOOOOOOOO!!! Luke and Leia need to come back and rescue that Nerf! NOW!!!
    -- I agree. Kick their butts back out of that ship!

Jeditheskyisblue - I think it's cute that Vader wanted Leia to Ruler while he and Luke stood with her. -- Vader can have his moments, even if there a little twisted.

Starshine - WOW

Now, whatever you do don`t kill Han. You can do whatever you want just don`t kill him, okay?

Han needs more than luck in this fight but still...Good luck Han!
    -- Where is the faith?

Rosh_Penin - Yikes! Is this the end for our noble hero?

I hope not!
    -- Tune in next week. Same Star Wars time, same Star Wars channel. *cue music*

dm1 - No, don't kill Han!

I just read this whole thing today. It's awesome, even though I think Han is way cool without the Force. Leave it to Han, even as a Padawan, to be good enough to have a double saber! He's the best!

Keep it going! I'm glad someone is updating their fics.
    -- Thanks! I was wondering when you might pop up! Unless I'm really busy at work I try to post every other day.

bigbad01 - Ohhh....the tension is certainly building in this fic. Looking forward to the Han/Vader duel. I'm sure Han can give Vader a run for his money!!! - I'm glad someone believes in Han.

erinbev - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

**waiting with bated breath**
    -- Wait no more here comes the next chapter!

Amelia - k, It's extremely rare for someone to enduce me out of Lurkerdom, but WOW. This is the cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers and I'm dying to know what happens. I think that Han will probably more than hold his own in this fight. Don't freak out people. Han is good with the lightsaber and at this point Vader is more machine than man and not nearly as skilled with a lightsaber as Anakin was pre-trip to the mechanical suit. *bounces*

Waiting with baited breath,

Amelia
    -- Well I'm glad I could get you to come out of Lurkerdom. I think it was Rebelmom who told me that the best way to get lukers to come out was post big cliffys.

Melodious - I cannot believe that Han has just left them. I hope he doesn't pull a Ob Wan!! He couldn't even come back as a spirit.

can't wait for the next post.
    -- Yeah trying to pull an Obi Wan would not be good.

22. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005
    I'm thinking Friday I'll post, because I'm going out of town for the long weekend.

Chapter 16

The lower levels of Cloud City were commonly covered with clouds. They would lazily drift over the platforms and sit at the base of the buildings. Capturing the light from the setting sun and placing a heavenly like feel over the floating city. Except for now the clouds captured a different sort of light. A faint blue and red glow accented the clouds on the platform as a battle began.

For the first several minutes Han was advancing on Vader out of pure adrenaline. Remember everything he was ever taught Han began to let the force guide his actions. The flurry of the red and blue lightsabers was amazing. Han swung his blade at Vader then tilted it back to cover the next blow. They pushed off from each other and Han backed away while flipping his lightsaber around.

?You?re skill is still impressive Padawan, with my guidance you could become a great warrior,? Vader said as they began to walk around each other.

?War does not make one great,? Han gave his cocky grin, remembering what Yoda would say to the Padawan?s during the Clone Wars. They quickly exchanged several attacks then backed away again.

?Why do you protect them,? Vader yelled as he advanced on Han.

?You know why. You saw my visions at the temple that night!? Han shouted back. The Sith was stronger then Han but if he continued to keep himself on the defensive he might be able to get away. ?So unless you?re willing to have a change of heart and actually fulfill your destiny, then my job is to make sure they stay alive until they face the Emperor!? Han whirled his blades around and kept Vader at bay.

?And then what? You watch as the Emperor destroys them?? Vader huffed.

?I won?t let that happen!? Han shouted back, his anger beginning to bubble to the surface. For several moments Han lets his anger help him attack Vader.

--

In the Falcon Luke and Leia had rushed to the cockpit to see what Han was doing.

[WHY DID YOU LEAVE HIM?] Chewie roared.

?It wasn?t our choice Chewie!? Leia screamed back.

?Chewie are the guns charged,? Luke asked trying to keep everyone focused.

?We could hit Han,? Leia spun around to face her brother.

?We could guide the shots and make sure they don?t hit either of them,? Luke explained.

?I don?t care if it hits Vader,? Leia muttered. Luke turned quickly and gave Leia a look that needed no words.

?I?ll need your help with guiding the blasts,? Luke said as he turned to Chewie.

[Guns are ready] Chewie growled.

--

Han was holding his own against Vader but he didn?t know how much longer he could go. Vader swung down at Han who blocked it then kicked Vader in the chest. When Vader recovered he jumped high in the air and was streaking towards Han who rolled out of the way. Han jumped back onto his feet and he and Vader began their dance of walking around each other again.

--

?You ready?? Luke looked over at Leia as they stood in the cockpit ready to fire on their friend. The princess nodded her head and then stretched out her hand.

?Ok Chewie . . . fire,? Luke nervously said while stretching out his hand.

--

Han was getting tired while Vader seemed to be getting stronger as the fight wore on. They were about to strike each other when they both sensed the blast about to hit them. The shot hit the ground right in front of Han causing he and Lando to fly back towards the empty landing platform. Han quickly stood up and looked right into the cockpit of the Falcon.

?ARE YOU CRAZY!? He shouted at Luke and Leia. Han then saw Vader walk through the small fire caused by the blaster shot. ?Uh oh,? Han breathed. Fighting a Sith was bad enough now he was fighting a mad Sith which made things worse.

--

?Now what?? Leia huffed.

?Chewie can you open the ramp yet?? Luke asked the Wookiee, who shook his head. ?Damn it Han! He?s gonna get killed!?

?Not if I have anything to say about it. Chewie open the to

23. Melodious

May 19, 2005
    Oh my...are my worst fears coming true? Is Vader going to kill Han? Vader needs to reconsider his stance on how to make his luke and leia see his way.

poor poor leia.

24. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Is Han hanging from that weather vane??? :eek: :eek:

THEY HAVE TO GO BACK!!

25. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    Ah...another evil cliffie! Yikes!!! Come on, you know you want Han to survive and reunite with Leia.

Actually, I think you are just giving us the angst we say we hate but really like--it keeps us coming back for more. Don't worry about the readers when we rant and rave a little bit--we're just doing our jobs.

Then again, from your point of view, don't you just want to shake your readers and say "I find your lack of faith disturbing"? I know I sometimes do when I'm doing the writing. ;)

Keep up the good work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.