main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions The one issue I have with star wars books

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Evan, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Evan

Jedi_Evan Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2015
    I love star wars books, can not get enough of them, but... there's one thing about just about every star wars book I have read that bothers me. Now while this isn't gonna make me stop reading the books, or even stop me from putting one of them in my top 5 books, it still bothers me.

Every book has Luke, or Leia, or Han at the main "Fight" or plot event. And to add on usually Lando has some mining operation or something that fits in with the plot too, so he's sometimes dragged in. It just happens so much that the chances the main characters always end up right in the middle is really unlikely.

I feel like if more of the battles focused on the battle commanders or something in like the yuuzhan vong war (since that's what I am on...Agents of Chaos II to be exact) we could get to learn about a new character or rather unknown one and have them do a daring mission and such more often.

Now I want to know what you think of this. Maybe once I get farther in to the EU this happens less I'm not sure. In the end though, I think the yuuzhan vong war is still one of the most amazing war ever!!

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Conquest was mostly focused on Anakin Solo.... That was one of my more favorite books in the series...

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    This is a very good point... and probably another major reason why the old EU was made non canon... lol

4. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    The Rogue Squadron series was based on Rogue Squadron. They were good books.

5. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    X-Wing, TOR period, The Clone Wars which includes Republic Commando, Kenobi, and there are others. Many of them are based on Luke, Leia and Han but there are still many that are not.

Falcon likes this.
  6. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    then you should like the new canon novels, Tarkin, Lords of the sith, and A New Dawn.

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I Jedi is based more on Corran Horn it's a good one too

Iron_lord and CrazyOldHermit like this.
  8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Post-ANH novels in which the primary protagonist is not one of the Big Three aren't common, but the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy definitely counts, as does Scourge.

9. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Try Cloak Of Deception.

10. Regan21286

Regan21286 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 18, 2003

Mainly because Disney wants to make their own Big 3 main events in novel form, haha. It's the standard executive approach. Why gamble on a lesser known player when the big draws bring in the big money?

11. baneofthesith130

baneofthesith130 Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2015
    There was the Darth Bane trilogy, with (obviously) Darth Bane as the main character, as well as the Brotherhood of Darkness, Johun, and Darth Zannah.

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  13. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    It's in my top 10 :)

Force Smuggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.