main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ongoing Battle Between Star Wars and Star Trek

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Admiral_JasterMereel, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    SW is number 1.
    LOTR is number 2.
    I only liked ST-Deep Space 9.

Couldn't stand Janeway or any of that stupid crew. Couldn't get into ST in any way shape or form...not that I didn't try.

I think that LOTR and SW are great and it's easy to like them both because no matter what happens, they cannot try to out-do each other due to the fact that they are completely different.

I think the reason why ST vs. SW got started is because they both came out during the same time frame, and were vying for Star-Supremacy in the known Universes. SW won, hands down.

However, let's not forget the runners up: Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica! They fell out a long time ago!

Oh yeah...ST had too many movies!

2. Admiral_FishHead

Admiral_FishHead Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2003
    Well the only ST i'd watch are the Original Movies, becuase there so unrealistic, there funny, "Nuclear Wessles" is funny.

But the shows are another story, they are so...so boring. like "Sir there something wrong with the left toilet in your "Quarters", what should we do?" and the "caption" says "Red Alert, Red Alert, send all Men, Women, and Children to the escape ships. And.... Send some poeple to repare the toilet, God Speed Men!", they practily overreact over a missing tooth pick. They ran out of ideas after the first 15 episodes.

And About LOTR, I love the movies, Its Not boring at all, I hate when poeple say "its boring" or "its not exciting". They ARE very well made movies.

The New SW though, in my opinion, has lost its greatness since LOTR came out. But the OT kills LOTR on the spot, in coolness.

3. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Anything Star Trek = *Yawn* ...

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

4. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    This thread=*yawn*

There is no ongoing battle except for the ones that threads like this help create. Any SW fan who looks down upon someone for liking Trek or LOTR is a total hypocrite.

Many of the people who love SW also love Trek and LOTR. If you can only get into 1 or 2 of the 3 examples..well, good for you.

5. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Take one Star Wars fan, and a startrek fan and one LOTR fan.
    Mix together.

And now you have.

A SUPER NERD!

6. Obi-Wan__Kenobi

Obi-Wan__Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 1, 2003
    I thought Star Wars already won this battle. If they havent give it until May 2005.

7. Jack-D-Ripper

Jack-D-Ripper Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 21, 2002
    I think the reason why ST vs. SW got started is because they both came out during the same time frame, and were vying for Star-Supremacy in the known Universes. SW won, hands down.

Well, if you consider the eleven-year gap between Star Trek and Star Wars the same time-frame. Just consider this: no Star Trek would have equalled no Star Wars.

Of course, later Star Trek would come to depend on the success Star Wars, because Star Wars proved there was a market for sci-fi movies, and so the first Star Trek movie was made. I'd say it was only fair for Star Wars to lend Trek a helping-hand, afterall, as I said: no ST = no SW.

Looking at Trek over the last decade, I can't blame anyone here for having being put-off: Trek these days is childish, simplistic, and just well, extremely bad. But for those people that got into the originals, and the original films, Trek is solid gold. Nobody's taking that away from us EVER.

-JDR.

8. plutoneam

plutoneam Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    Star Trek= yawn
    Lord of the Rings= bashing my head against something hard so I won't be bored out of my mind for 4 fricken hours.
    Star Wars= :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.