main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The ONLY Official Thread for Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Azeem, May 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    Just got home from the 11.59pm Fox Studios showing. Wow, it's an amazing film. The attention to detail was just mind blowing. They've taken Coruscant to a whole new level. Everything else aswell looked brilliant. I did notice that the quality seemed to be a lot better, probably due to the digital cameras. Yoda looked a bit too 'cgi' in a couple of shots, but nothing too bad.

It was also nice to see that they hadn't gone for any of the latest fx type shots, but just kept it consistant with all the other movies. Nothing else to say, but this one movie I'll be attending quite a lot over the next few months. All the detail would not be as visible on a tv screen.

2. John_FC

John_FC Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 10, 2000
    Just got home from the viewing (11:59pm, Melb Aust), and all i can say is WOW!

Very cool!

john.

3. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I just want to point out to everyone that TFN's policy (not just the Fan Films board, but all boards on TFN) is that absolutely no discussion of the AOTC bootlegs is allowed. This means no links to it, no discussing it, not even speaking in favor of it. Those are the big guys' rules, not mine, so make sure you follow them.

4. CalQdeX

CalQdeX Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2001
    I would like to know what kind of drop in bandwith TFN gets tomorrow and today

5. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    London has a digital projector :D :D :D.

And what someone else said about seeing it with lots of fans is true! I saw TPM at the Zeigfield in NYC - Wow!

Pete

6. GrEvEs

GrEvEs Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2002
    Go to a digital theater I shall, but see it Thursday at 12:01 a.m., I shall not. School I have the day following, the day beyond that as well. See the show on Saturday, I SHALL, much excitement I sense this weekend to come!

7. MaxVeers

Apr 24, 2000
    Bah, you've got school almost every day. This is Star Wars. :D

At least, that's the attitude I've taken. :)

8. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    excatly school is nothing new. You can only see episode II ONCE at mid night, but you go to school everyday. That why I'm missing the last 3 hours of school :p

9. Wookie Pnub

Wookie Pnub Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2000
    I am blown away. Awesome, awesome movie. Wish I could use profanity here, 'cause it was effing good.

I don't even know where to start...all I can say is, all the negative reviews I saw...I don't know what the reviewers problems were, because this is easily the second best SW film so far. (And in time, it may become my favorite...hard to see is the future.)

Two and a bit hours of pure bliss, I tells ya. Going back to see it again today. :)

10. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, 6 hours until the premiere. I'm off to go see it now. I was going to wait a few days as I mentioned in my earlier post, but my girlfriend insisted that we go to the premiere. How many of your girlfriends would be that cool? Yep, thought so. We are going to go to Pizza Hut (YUM) then to the mall (argh) then to the theater and wait about two hours to see the film. Here's hoping for a better movie than TPM!

11. Bastion

Bastion Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    Dang, I knew I shouldn't have made those edits and just gone to bed! Now I'm so drained, whoa head spinning!

The hour and a quarter drive to work wouldn't of helped either! ;)

12. MaxVeers

Apr 24, 2000
    Off I go! See you guys in a few hours.

This is gonna be cool. :D

13. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    This film was FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!

Everything about this movie was great, I loved it. I was really worried about the love scenes before I saw the movie, but they came out pretty well.

I don't know what else to say, except see this movie, NOW!

EDIT: That's it, I've decided that I am going to go to celebration III, and see the next one in the US. The fans in my town that went to the showing were just tooo boring. I felt completely alone when I cheered at the beginning, and again when Yoda appeared. Damn!

14. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    On my way out now!!

:D :D :D

Have fun!

15. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    I think for Episode III I'm going to the Austrailan premiere :p

16. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    Just wow really.

There was just to much stuff to take in in one sitting, this was a real visual treat. I just couldn't believe how beautifully done the entire thing was, the art direction was WAY better than the last one, just stunning, all the way through. George Lucas, Doug Chang and ILM, we are so not worthy. :)

Today is a good day to be a Star Wars fan... :D

17. Sith_shadow

Sith_shadow Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2002
    hello guys!!! i am about to leave for the 12:20am EST,U.S. time, so i can't wait it is going to be so cool!!

18. Xerk

Xerk Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    YES! My friend got me tickets to see AOTC Thursday! Its not the first one though, its at 4:20 PM...

19. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    i don't really care if I don't see it tommorrow, I'm just happy I get to see it, in the opening days, while the film doesn't look to bad. I think I'll finally be able to see spiderman! Everyone will be seeing AOTC while I have to wait in no line just walk right in!

20. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    o and for the people how was the Matrix Trailers?

I'm downloading the teaser for reloaded right now( thematrix.com )

21. Avene

Mar 28, 2000
    A friend I was with last night went to the Sydney cast & crew showing of it last week. His dad does set work on Farscape, and had a friend who did set work on Farscape and AOTC. This guy had stayed with them for a while, but then moved elsewhere. Anyway, an invitation to that screening arrived for him in the mail. But since the guy no longer lived there, my friend Matt decided to take the invitation and go along with his girlfriend. They said that Rick McCullam was there and gave a speech, and the dude who was Uncle Owen was there aswell. What was funny, was that they were ready to start cheering, but had to restrain themselves because all the people there who worked on the film kept quiet for the whole of the film. Probably being more interested in seeing their work on screen.

A few celebrities rocked up last night. Mostly boring Australian celebrities like Ray Martin, Sarah O Hare, and a number of soapie stars. But we saw the 'death sticks' guy. Forgotten his name.. He was in the Matrix also. And 'Dougie' from the pizza hutt commercials gave us the finger. Quite an interesting evening.

22. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, turns out the theater was sold out. SO, my girlfriend and I drove to the neighboring down, but the line was so huge. She wanted to see it really bad, and so did I, but I just couldn't wait in line for 2 1/2 hours. So we will see it tomorrow night.

23. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    I'm waiting that long pixel!

24. Bastion

Bastion Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    Hey Avene, is that the old Dougie or the new Dougie? :D

How about a tip? ;)

25. Avene

Mar 28, 2000
    There are 2 Dougies? Scary thought! No, this was the original Dougie. He wasn't too happy about my friends recognising him and yelling out his name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.