main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The ONLY Official Thread for Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Azeem, May 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Quote:

One of my favourite parts in when the Techno Union dude is talking and his voice box malfunctions. That is brilliant!
    Seconded.

I believe his name is Wat Tambor.

2. swmaster

swmaster Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    Did anyone else notice the Falcon parked at the spaceport on Naboo?

Hahahah Alensfilm you just demonstrated how little you know about Star Wars.

Do you think that perhapse Corellian Engineering would produce more than one YT-1300 in an effort to actually make a prophet?

In fact the YT-1300 was a very popular starship model.

:)

SWmaster

3. Jedi_Jewel

Jedi_Jewel Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2002
    well i didnt know that either so there :)

4. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Just got back from seeing it a second time. My girlfriend's sister and finace did not like it at all. They said Episode I was better....yeah right. My girlfriend and I were ready to see it a THIRD time.

5. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    I doubt they are in the business of making "prophets", predicting the future is so hard, you know? They may be after a profit however....

-tm

6. Bohicas

Bohicas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2001
    I just have to say this once to apease the 'dark side' in me:

Episode 2 was absolutly terrible.

There we go.

We all went to see it in fancy dress, the night was amazing, and then I was disappointed. Everyone else loves it but me, and so now all my star wars buddies hate me.

Ahh well.

7. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    ok well, i'd just like to say that AOTC more than makes up for the disaster that was TPM, now this is what we have all been waiting to see since the clone wars were first bought up back in 1977 with A New Hope. I think we've all been waiting to see the Jedi in action, even though nearly all of them get wiped out at the end, and to see Sam Jackson kick but was a great treat, not as much as Yoda's fight with Chrisopher Lee, which really made this movie. the only problem i had with it was the ending, Anakins Robotic arm, now that just looked like a joke, I know it was probebly trying to show that technology hadnt got as far as it did in ESB, but it just looked too fake.

8. Bohicas

Bohicas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2001
    I would differ. I think that AOTC has this major SFX over kill, and they threw stuff in just for the fans but not because it was any good, eg, Yoad with a saber just spoils his mysterious and elusive feel that made him great in the other films. For me TPM takes AOTC to the cleaners, and further more, i wouldnt call that a clone war rather than a short battle with some clones in. Its pathetic.

9. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Thats the Battle of Geonosis, the beginning of the Clone Wars.

10. Vidman

Vidman Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2001
    Someone mentioned earlier that there was a scene involving Qui-Gon in Episode II that is written into the novelisation.

Could those that have read the novel please explain the scene? I am keen to know what it was.

[Ryusui - page 6 of this thread:
    By the way, did anyone read the novelization? Was anyone else disappointed that they didn't use that scene with Qui-Gon? Gave a slight bit of insight to that mysterious region of the Force concerning death...]

11. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    I could have sworn I heard Qui-gons voice shouting when Yoda was listening to Anakin killing the Tuskens. It sounded exactly the same as the "Anakin, drop!" shout.

12. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    i wouldnt call that a clone war rather than a short battle with some clones in. Its pathetic.

You do realise the Clone Wars aren't going to be shown until Episode III right? Hence Yoda's line at the end 'The Clone Wars have begun' then we cut to all of the troops boarding transports and the Star Destroyer(ish) ships launching into space...

13. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    One of my friends (who seems to make it his job not to enjoy popular films) said that there were no surprises in the film.

I was very surprised, and often, eg Jango getting it from Mace.

Anyone have any thoughts? Did you all know what was going to happen? Is it because I have been avoiding a lot of the talk about it until a week ago?

Pete

14. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    having not read any of the back story to the films, i am a little confused about all this talk of Anikin and Obi Wan's fight on a volcano, is this why he has att that breathing aparatus on in the original films?

15. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Yes, I can't remember where I heard it from, but from what I understand, Anakin and Vader get into a fast and fierce lightsaber battle on top of a volcano, and some who Obi-Wan kicks Vader into the lava, and Anakin almost dies. I'm not sure how he survives, perhaps Sidious saves him, but I know that his body is so scared and burned, that most of his limbs have to be amputated, and that's why he has to wear the Vader suit. And that's also why he wears the breathing apparatus.

16. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    It's actually over at www.starwars.com, I think it's either under Anakin or Obi Wan's 'profile'

Of course that's all balony, as anyone with even an ounce of intelligence knows Amidala inflicts those wounds on Anakin......right folks?

Folks?.............

Hello?

17. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    come on guys, i wanna know what happens, how did Anikin become Vader?

18. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    "come on guys, i wanna know what happens, how did Anikin become Vader? "

...you do realize the answer to this is the entire POINT of the three prequel films, right?

M. Scott

19. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    yeah, but i'm just interested, the big guy in the black has been like an idol to so many people (includeing me) that i'd just like to know how he came to be

20. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    after seeing AOTC for the second time, I noticed something I missed the first and I don't think any of you posted.

When Padme and Aniken are on Tatoonie and there shadows are cast onto the house, ani's shadow is in the shape of darth vader. His head looks just as if he was wearing the helmet

21. Superchunk

Superchunk Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2000
    I also saw Vader's helmet in the Shadow. It was confirmed on another message board and I read about it before I went to see the movie. When the seen was on, I looked for it and yes I saw it. The only thing I could come up with was that perhaps Anakin's hair in the back (mini ponytail) appeared to make it that way.

22. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    Yeah I saw it, my friends disagreed with me, saying it was a coincidence!

No way! If that shadow is there and looks like Vader it is for a reason.

Pete

23. Obi-Timbo

Obi-Timbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2001
    I have been reading the AOTC novel by R.A. Salvatore since I saw the movie(Twice) and I've just read the part where Anakin slaughters the Tusken camp and Yoda's meditation. Now here is how it is described in the novel.

"Deep in his meditations, peering through the dark side, Master Yoda felt a sudden surge of anger, of outrage beyond control. The diminutive Master's eyes popped open wide at the overwhelming strength of that rage.
    And then he heard a voice, a familiar voice, crying,"No, Anakin! No! Don't! No!
    It was Qui-Gon. Yoda knew that it was Qui-Gon. But Qui-Gon was dead, had become one with the force! One could not retain consciousness and sense of self in that state; one could not speak from beyond the grave.
    But Yoda had heard the ghostly call, and in his deep meditative state, his thoughts focused as precisely as they had ever been, the jedi Master knew that he had not been mistaken.
    He wanted to focus on that, then, perhaps to try to follow that call back to the ghostly source, but he could not, overwhelmed again by the surge of rage and pain and...power.
    He made a noise and lurched forward, then came out of his trance as his door opened and Mace Windu rushed in.
    "What is it?" Mace asked.
    "Pain. Suffering. Death! I fear something terrible has happened. Young Skywalker is in pain. Terrible pain."
    He didn't tell Mace the rest of it, that somehow Anakin's rush of agony manifesting in the Force had tapped into the spirit of the dead Jedi Master who had discovered him. Too much was happening here.
    That disembodied familiar voice hung profoundly in Yoda's thoughts. For if it was true, if he had heard what he was sure he had heard...

Anakin, too had heard the voice of Qui-Gon, imploring him to restrain himself, to deny the rage. He hadn't recognized it, though, for he was too full of pain and anger..."

and it goes on to describe the actual slaughter, now from reading this it seems that the Jedi are not aware of the true potential of the force after death, maybe that is why Qui-Gon did not disappear in Ep I, b/c they are unaware of that ability. I think this will be definitely answered in Ep III...I hope. But it also shows that Yoda knew more then he was letting on in the movie. Any other thoughts on this scene...??

Tim

P.S. If you liked the movie, there is a lot of things in the novel that were left out that explain things, details, and relationships better.

24. Ryusui

Ryusui Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    Thanks for the follow-up, Obi-Timbo.
    You know, I think Lucas might have left out Yoda's confusion about Qui-Gon because he thought that trying to explain how Yoda could not know about the "life-after-death" bit, then not be surprised in the least when Obi-Wan starts talking to him in ESB would be too much to explain in the one short movie of Episode III, when he already has a lot to explain.
    But I could (as I usually am) be wrong. :D

25. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    Wow, thanks for that excerpt... really great stuff. I RA Salvatore is a great writer, I loved Vector Prime, and now that I've seen the movie I'll pick up the novelization.

Anyways, I drove to crap-town USA Laredo (a bordertown on texas) and saw it!!! It was the biggest releif because Laredo hasn't gotten with the times and updated their showtimes on the internet so I went out on a limb HOPING it would be there... and it WAS!

Anyways, I noticed a few things, but one of them was in the trailor Yoda says "begun these clone wars have" but in the movie they changed it to "begun the clone wars have." dunno... that just stuck out to me.

Overall, I find it odd that everyone who says they don't like the movie doesn't give any reasons what so ever, while the people who like it seem to have more reasons than they know what to do with. I personally LOVED it.

I also must say that the panning up after the crawl was a little disjointing... that was weird.

The movie drew me in start to finish, i loved the plot and script... I don't know care what everyone says, but the script worked great and had some great moments.

The effects were amazing... although Padme on the sand dune didn't look quite right... and was it just me or was EVERY clonetrooper CG??? I couldn't tell... I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing ;)

Everything about it worked great.... I really saw more dark anakin than I expected... and it was nice seeing him talk with his step brother and sister... it was like he was part of the family, but, not... On a sidenote Shmi didn't look at all like she did in Phantom Menace... I don't know if it was the lighting or the cuts... but I just didn't recognize her.

God I know there is A TON more to say, but I just loved the movie, it was soooo good.

Oh yeah, the final battle was DIRECTED really well... I mean, when you are doing CG it is easy to just place the camera wherever convinient for the shot to be, but the zooming really gave me the feel that even though it was all CG, there was a cameraman in the middle zooming all over the place trying to catch all the action... I think it added alot.

THERE IS JUST SO MUCH TO SAY! I really loved the movie and it was worth the 100 bucks gas money, 50 bucks hotel room and 8 dollar entrance fee.

Cya
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.