main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The only thing that saves TPM

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Master_Piel, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExarKunundrum

ExarKunundrum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    I thought TPM was an okay film that got hampered by some naff characters/acting. Liam Neeson is a great actor, and he protrayed a Jedi Master to an excellent degree. Come to think of it, anyone with a lightsabre was great. The duel at then end was fantastic.

Jake Lloyds acting was.... suspect... in places, but I don't think he did that bad a job. It was Jar Jar that knacked the film.

2. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Agree with Exar. First scenes were great. Pity I had myself spoiled and wasn't surprised when I saw them in the cinema.

I was really dissapointed the first time around. It was recently on tv, and I really liked, overall. Jar Jar (well, actually, the sheer amount of obviously GC characters and items) is still a bit of a problem and the main characters are rather shallow, but the fact that the Jedi Counsil was a bit formal worked when contrasted with Qui-Gon. I definitely saw worse movies. Not the same magic as the OT but well, I was a teenager at the time, so it was different. Seeing them now and hearing the texts makes me cringe, a tad.

3. DarthDevastatus

DarthDevastatus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    I thought Jake Lloyd acted as he was supossed to...A KID!

Jeez! Everyone wants an acadamy performance to make them all fuzzy and weepy!

He acted just like a kid!

4. BizAOK

BizAOK Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    "The only thing that saves TPM"

That would be the final lightsaber fight. (So I suppose Nick is the one who saved TPM.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.