main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Optimistic Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by koonfan, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm hopeful this season's Ahsoka arc will be as great as that duology, but I'm not counting on it.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  2. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    After this arc, I've stopped counting on anything with the show, except for after a bad episode(s), TCW has always managed to come back for me.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  3. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    You guys. ONE MORE MOTHER####IN' DAY.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    If it's true that Ahsoka's arc is 4 episodes, I'm beginning to believe that this season may have been created entirely for my benefit (with a few exceptions).

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    DeCaf?

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    THAT'S RIGHT! GET HYPED!
    [​IMG]
    AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    After the atrocity that was the previous arc I'm finding it pretty easy to get psyched about the next episode. (Edited out spoiler - apparently I can't figure out how spoiler tags work on the spot.)

8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Unless they kill Obi-Wan, it can't be worse. :p

Plus Maul and Vizsla have been genuine threats on this show - so to see them join forces should be entertaining (and eventful!)

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  9. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Vizla? Check.
    Kenobi? Check.
    Mando's? Check.
    Black Sun? Check.
    Hutt cartel? Check.
    Awesome hat? Check.
    Sith outcasts? Check.
    Darksaber vs Lightsaber?

Sticks that stir the pot? Satine? Jabba? BoKatan?

10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Just watched Eminence.

Now THAT is what I call a great episode. Even better than Revival. I especially liked the pacing. After the super-slow Droids arc, I'm glad that this arc is going to move at top speed.

On another note, I actually liked the lion's roar that Savage gave.

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Great episode indeed, exactly on par with "Revival'. I might have liked the roar better if they had done some mixing and made it sound more alien. However I wish Savage would do more than growl and roar all the time. Hopefully he will. Looking forward to more of this arc.

12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    IMHO Revival was better - this was a big blur of fight fight fight. But - dang - some of it was darn good fighting.

Seerow and SithStarSlayer like this.
  13. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Savage is the id to Maul's ego.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    In spite of the presence of Maul, Eminence was so much better than the last arc--meaning that I could watch it without wanting to throw any of the characters out into deep space--that I'm hopeful again.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Long, boring arcs... then we get this one which was soo packed with little background details; while being extremely fast paced, that it almost made my head swim. Vizla was awesome with the darksaber on Nal Hutta... Embo, Sugi... Death Watch dropping out into the Tatooine sky... Tikkes cousin working for Jabba... Maul getting Jabba to cave... this episode was the best of the season by far.

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    When in doubt - do not make an arc, but instead cram as much stuff into a single episode as possible. It'll make it feel more exciting and it's better to leave the audience wanting more than to bore them out of their minds. :p

Seerow and SithStarSlayer like this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I liked the heavy philosophy in Void but I am glad some to just see some good old fashioned action and ass whoopings back on TCW.

18. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    After holding off to consider it in its entirety (and just being plain lazy about my forumgoing :p) I liked the Droids arc for what it was: a quasi-philosophical seies of adventures based on the growing rapport of its characters.
    Not the sort of thing that makes you immediately cry out Star Wars, but I had a growing admiration for the consistency of its stars and their developing relationship. That, and it had some of the sharper

And this latest arc certainly looks like it's off to a great start. We may never be able to get over Maul's return, but I'm glad they're determined to bring about some great plotlines (or resolutions, I might say?) because of it. Maul is bouncing back from each of his defeats and learning to be deadlier, Viszla was the pitch perfect portrayal of a prideful Mandalorian, and the inter-mechanics between these factions was pretty juicy. Heck, even on its own, it was one awesome 'villain episode'! :D

19. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    It felt like I was watching Star Wars again.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

There is not life until you understand that there is death, so you can live your life to the fullest and no matter what, maintain your morals, so you may die gracefully.

I honestly still can't believe the stuff TCW tried to tackle in Void. I had only just finished watching an anime called "Casshern Sins" which dealt with the same philosophy about immortality, the worth of life, and what it means to be sentient. Incredibly deep stuff. I really enjoyed "A Sunny Day in the Void" . I also liked meeting a cool new clone who is the exact opposite of Cut Lawquane in M.I.A. I wish the final episode had been just a bit better. I'll stop talking about how I feel about the endings of the last two arcs because this is the optimism thread. =b

That said its great to return to some action and some good plot lines left hanging. I was never sure about merging the Mando storyline with Maul but the result over an episode that was mostly just build up are intriguing. Maul and Deathwatch are both some of the best villains in TCW in my opinion, LOL, they just need to thow in Cad Bane for an evil trio. I always like Villain episodes which I think made this one even better. Vizsla seemed stupid at first in the episode but I like seeing him restrain himself every time he gets talked down to. I almost feel story for how he's being railroaded. Then I remember the village burning when Vizsla had his arm around Lux. What goes around come around sir.

21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Eminence > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Revival

Darthgoodguy and SithStarSlayer like this.
  22. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Nah, Revival>Eminence. ;) Eminence was a bit too much "just action."

SithStarSlayer and 07jonesj like this.
  23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I too prefer "Revival" over "Eminence". After having a 4-episode arc that could have easily fit into 2 episodes, we are now given a single episode that could easily have filled two. It was balls-to-the-wall Clone Wars, and I loved it, but the pacing was too fast. I wanted to spend more time on Nal Hutta, more time actually looking at the Black Sun (with their heads on their shoulders ;)), and more time with an assault on Jabba's Palace.

It had the same pacing issue that "Children of the Force" did back in Season 2. I also think this arc runs the risk of having the Vizsla/Maul relationship happening way too quickly.

Plus Hondo's in "Revival" and we got an awesome lightsaber duel in that episode.

But I'd take 22 "Eminence" episodes over one "Secret Weapons"!

Valairy Scot likes this.
  24. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Well there was this thing in Revival which meant I couldn't enjoy it....
    Also, there was shockingly bad contextualisation in that episode.

07jonesj likes this.
  25. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    You don't like that Adi Gallia was killed? That because of Obsession?

Also, you're going to have to elaborate on what problems you had in terms of context, because I'm not quite sure what you're alluding to.