main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Optimistic Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by koonfan, Oct 25, 2010.

1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I guess that's what happens when you concentrate on something too much. You start to over-think stuff.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I have an idea.

Let's try spinning, that's a good trick.

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Heh, I like my over thinking, thank you very much.

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
  6. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    It's not the method, mate. It's what you use it for. [face_laugh]

After all, one of the hallmark traits of a 'background Jedi fanboy' is the ability to overanalyse data from miniscule bits of shots, dialogue, and action. (a'la Threepio) Very similar to your binary lif...I mean, very similar to you overthinking. [face_laugh]

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I think makers of this show should be the ones to "overthink" stuff- then it would be fun to discover new things when re-watching episodes "Oh i never noticed how that little thing makes so much sense"- kind of way..... but TCW tends to have plotholes that are easily identified by 10-year old viewers during the first viewing time- really i've discussed in some forums with also kids there and many small kiddies point out these obvious plotholes without any help- If kids see that something makes no sense i hardly think "overthinking" is the issue.....

8. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    (looks at thread title) (looks at comments) Uhhh. :confused:

Back on topic, I find it deliciously subversive that they finally made a number of viewers express the following sentiment:

Wow. Those Gungans were badass. [face_laugh]

9. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    The Gungans were badass in TPM, Jar Jar just tanked their reputation.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    ^Gungans were bad*ss but droids were even more bad*ss in TPM- TCW needs to show how b1s can get the job done when there is enough of them- by far Rookies is one of the best depictions of droids vs. clones in TCW- usually there is not enough of droids-

Gungans should have no chance against Grievous and his armies this time- even thought they may have improved their battle tactics after TPM. Everyone knows Grievous-issues but this season might be a chance to redeem him in my eyes- he should now kick some *ss.......

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    CT:

12. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Perfectly alright. I think the best of both worlds would be...

-Gungans show that yes, they have come a long way and are a force to be reckoned with, getting some good hits on Grievous and the droids.

-Grievous still takes out a lot of the newly badass Gungans anyway. Even if he doesn't quite win, he deals A LOT of damage and would have gotten a total knock out otherwise.

Well...I think that would be the best of both worlds, but all we can do is wait and see. [face_peace]

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The badass Gungans did banish Jar-Jar. :p

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Let's keep this thread going.

I'm wondering, given the very generous scores S1 and S2 received in our Grade the Episode polls, if this was a rose-colored glasses phenomenon.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Cut Lawquane for President.

I don't know about any rose colored glasses. I tried to grade episodes honestly based on how I felt with a little objectivity. I'm thinking I'm going to start using either a 1, 6, or 10. Either like it, are neutral, or hate it.

16. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Selectively generous, I might add. ;)

Seriously, bloody Lethal Trackdown got a higher average score than The Goddamn Mandalore Plot.

I doubt it's a matter of elderly folk hankering after the good ol' days of 2008.

17. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I think after S3, people became more critical. Despite some of the plot holes, I think the premiere to S4 was underrated.

18. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I wonder what we'd call a thread that was the opposite of this one? The TCW Critic's Thread? The Grueling Disappointments Thread? Yin and yang, you know..[face_coffee]

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    We don't need one. That's what every other thread is for.

20. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    ^True enough. And even this one isn't exactly naysayer-free..

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Although if it were up to me I'd never see Jar Jar or Gungans again, I thought that the way they did it was the best they could have done given the decision. They used Jar Jar very sparingly, and then went right back to war, just with Gungans added. This is how they should always use Jar Jar in TCW. Make him not too competent, but not too incompetent, and give him very few lines.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I do feel rather bad about locking FistoFan the 55th's thread that seemed to be intended for that purpose. It just uh... went off the deep end after the first few posts.

My biggest fear for the Mon Cal episodes before they aired was the Gungans. The fact that they were one of the coolest parts of the episode (at least IMO, and not counting that silly "Let's think about this"-"No"-"You're right"-scene) is something I wouldn't have thought possible say, 3 years ago.

And yes -- they need to use Jar Jar more like this. Not as the star of the episode.

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I was actually with that scene right up until "...thinkin's done!" which, for me, defeated the point of having a debate.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Grievous may be in real trouble if the Gungans' bring that kind of fearless attitude. 'Gungan Attack' actually has me looking more forward to 'Shadow Warrior'.

25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Either that or they're biting off more than they can chew, resulting in a lot of dead Gungans.