main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Order 66 Quadrilogy (6.01-6.04) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Mar 5, 2014.

1. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I actually really liked AR-3 (I think that's his name). He had a charm about him. He wasn't annoying and had a few heartfelt moments...followed by hilarity.

My favorite went something like this. "I sometimes wish I had emotions....But I do not goodbye." *Zips away*. Laughed for a good 15 seconds after that.

2. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    TEARS

I do have to say I loved the bar scene. Kix checking himself out.. drunk clones.. TERRIBLE DANCING OH LAWD.

Also the easter eggs on the wall in the bathroom..

Great arc. Depressing ending. RIP Domino squad.

3. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    You said it all, and you said it well.

4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Interesting arc, although arguably it could have easily been a trilogy. A resounding 9, 7, 8, and 9 for the four episodes. Full reviews will follow later.

5. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    I'll spoiler hide it, just in case.

This arc was great, and, while I liked Fives, I thought his ending was pretty good. I assume Palpatine told him he was the Sith behind it all to get him killed?

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I disliked WAC, but I find AZI-3 hilarious. Although I'm only halfway through the second episode, so. We'll see.

7. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012

To that I say: "Oooh dolalalalalala. Was that normal?"
    In any other arc, I probably would have loved how stupid that moment was. For me, this wasn't exactly the right story for a lighthearted scene/character like that. He just didn't click for me, but to each his own. All in all I'm not terribly upset with his inclusion, the arc was executed very well and I could probably nitpick all I want, but at the end of the day all that matters is that I thoroughly enjoyed the story being told.

Trebor Sabreon and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Wonderful arc. A few quick thoughts:

I felt that the only drawback really was the idea that, due to what we already know about Episode III, Fives' end seemed almost inevitable. But that is true of a lot of the stories set in the Clone War period, and I thought the team did a pretty good job of seeing Fives off with a fun adventure/mystery.

Unlike with Gascon and WAC, whose relationship tested my patience at times, I thought the interplay between Fives and AZ-3 (I think that was his name) was great fun. It's a sad thing to think the droid will end up with a wipe, forgetting all about his friendship with 5555.

I wonder what exactly Palpatine said (or showed) to Fives? And incidentally, how neat was it to see EmPal -- the same room, the same droids, heck, even the same table where Darth Vader was "born"?

Though a big part of me was really, really hoping Fives would somehow escape to the underground and simply be written-off as a lunatic, the moment Anakin and Rex were trapped in the ray shield, I thought the ending was pretty clearly telegraphed.

Ah, well... I'm sad indeed to see the final Domino fall. Starting really with the Umbara arc, Fives turned into one of my favorite clones, second only to Rex in my list of troopers I didn't want to have to see die.

"See you on the other side, Fives." You'll be missed.

9. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    According to the episode guide on SW.com, it's not the same room and the layout is apparently different.

10. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    This was one intense arc, poor Fives, I could feel his frustration, if only he could've found the right words. He should've called up Obi-Wan or someone that would've listened.

Amazingly done, I loved it.

11. Master Kinard

Master Kinard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2013
    How much does this arc spoil the events to be seen in ROTS?

12. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    What do you mean?

13. Master Kinard

Dec 30, 2013
    Does it give anything away for those who haven't seen that film yet?

14. JediGirl_Angelina

Jan 12, 2003
    Yeah, pretty much. About Order 66, Palpatine's plans... have you not seen it? (dunno how spoilerific I should be)

Master Kinard likes this.
  15. Master Kinard

Dec 30, 2013
    Tell me everything, I could care less about spoilers. =]

16. JediGirl_Angelina

Jan 12, 2003
    Okay... So, the arc tells all about the origins of Order 66, how it was planned and plotted by Sidious and the Kaminoians to eliminate the jedi later. If that was what you were asking.

17. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Aw, you're kidding! :confused:

Well, that's a bit of a drag.

I have to ask, though, why on earth go to the trouble of rendering the place to look so familiar, all the way down to the table, clearly with the intent of evoking our memories of Episode III, just to write in an episode guide that it's actually not the same place?

Reminds me of the Sundered Heart deal.

Anyway, it was still the same building, at least, yes?

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  18. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Same architect, same interior decorator. I mean, rooms at our office building all look pretty similar, too. And while it didn't take place aboard the Death Star, interior decoration in the 'Fugitive' arc was quite Death-Starry.

19. Mange

Jan 11, 2003
    The episode guide says the room in the episode is more of an operating theater with seats along the walls.

Oh yes! :)

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  20. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I see.

Thanks for the info! I still haven't watched the Yoda arc (saving it for this evening), so for the moment I'm avoiding these episode guides for fear of stumbling on to any spoilers.

Mange likes this.
  21. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    And so the last Domino has fallen . . . :'( R.I.P. Fives

Anyhoo, a really great arc! I absolutely loved the first episode! The action was really amazing to watch and all the zero-G stuff was absolutely bonkers. Conspiracy was a little slow, as was Fugitive, but I enjoyed Fives and the droid's interactions. It just felt like everyone kept repeating the same information too much and it was a little dull.

The last episode was really cool as well, I liked the Clone Bar, and I liked how even though Order 66 is referenced and everything, Fives conspiracy theories and craziness was enough to instill a little bit of doubt if the watcher hasn't seen Episode III yet.

Overall, really amazing. I just wished we got maybe two awesome battle episodes in the beginning.

On to the Clovis Arc!!

22. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    First time I've watched something from Netflix.. not the best picture quality...

-Shaak Ti was great. Compassionate but logical. She put that long-necked b**** in her place.

-I didn't mind the droid, actually I kind of liked him, except for that "la de da" thing. And is that Samuel Vincent (Double D) voicing him?

-And drunken clones could rival drunken pirates. But really, clones go out clubbing?..

-Palpatine's replacement VA did seem to get his evil cackle pretty good..

I think it's another arc that's probably one episode too long, and I'm not a clone fan, but this was decent. I liked all the conspiracy stuff. Saving the rest of the bc for later.. Think I might just skip the Clovis arc.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm actually glad they made this four episodes. It really gave us time to reacquaint ourselves with Fives, making his death that much sadder when we get to it. All my feels at that ending. :(

I'm still mulling over the implications of Order 66's origins. On the surface it really doesn't seem to contradict previous information, and in fact reinforces some stuff. IDK. I'll rewatch all the episodes and do a more in-depth analysis later.

24. Mange

Jan 11, 2003
    You're welcome! :) I have no idea when the episodes will be available in my country, so I just had to settle for the episode guides... :(

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    "My number is AZ-345211896246498721347"