main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Order 66 Quadrilogy (6.01-6.04) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Wow. :(

From the beginning I knew this arc was going to depress me. I've always been a huge clone fan and this show has been great to me–Rookies, Clone Cadets, ARC Troopers, Umbara...they're all dreams come true for me. Umbara hit me right in the feels with Waxer's death. And this arc's started it all over again. Of course, having seen the previews I knew Tup would go bad and shoot Tiplar, but it made it even harder when he saved Fives' butt at the beginning, and when Fives stated that Tup was his best friend.

There was some pretty violent stuff in the first episode, like the clone pilot being sucked out into space and his helmet coming off as he was being sucked out. Pretty brutal. Although I notice they conveniently "rotated" the hologram in the scene where Tiplar was shot. When Anakin, Fives, and Rex were in the hangar I kind of hoped that they'd waste all the droids, just the three of them, but the fight on the shuttle was pretty cool nonetheless. I'm a little disappointed that Trench's fate is ambiguous; he should have been killed off for good.

The second episode got me even harder with the investigation and Tup's death. Like I said earlier, I actually fell in love with AZI-3. He's hilarious, unlike WAC. He had some awesome and unintentional one-liners, and Fives' discussion with him about names vs. numbers was well within Fives' character. When they discovered the chip I kind of sighed sadly because I knew the clone's wilful execution of Order 66 because they'd been deceived was down the tubes, but I'll still buy this explanation–begrudgingly. I admit, I am curious what Tup (and later Fives) meant by "the nightmares...the mission...is over." What nightmares? I wonder if the tumor/chip causes all clones to have nightmares about killing Jedi?

The third episode was probably my favorite of the lot because it gave us good insight into Fives', Shaak Ti's, and Nala Se's motivations (may I just say that I absolutely despise Nala Se at this point in time?). More AZI-3 awesomeness, too. Fives was pretty brutal with his fellow clones but notice he didn't kill a single one. In fact, I think this is one of the few episodes in the entire series (along with Clone Cadets, the first Mortis episode, and a few others) where no character, whether clone, droid, or otherwise, is actually killed on-screen at all. Also, this gave us our first view of Jango Fett, even though it was just a hologram, but it's nice they kept in the details like the scars he had. Well-done episode. Very well done.

The fourth episode. *sobs* Give me a minute. *sobs* It...it...I can't do it! This episode was amazing for how many times it hit me in the feels. Fives slow descent into...I'm not sure if it was insanity, or delirium, or dementia, but whatever it was, it made me sad. Fives was such a genius character in the first three episodes (Rex even gave the line, "That's why he's the ARC Trooper."), and even now, on the brink of snapping from paranoia, he's a lot smarter than anyone else gave him credit for. The clone bar was an interesting thing...I think the clone that gave Fives his hat had Mirialan tattoos. I hope Kix finds something and at least finds a way to get himself, Rex, and Jesse out of this situation. Jesse, in the Umbara arc, seemed like the most likely clone besides Fives to desert when the Republic became the Empire; I know we'll never see that come to fruition now, though, due to the series' cancellation. Anyways, in my head-canon, Rex, Kix, and Jesse are all on the run post-Order 66 and eventually link up with the Rebels.

Now, for the biggest part of the episode. *sobs* Fives' death. Oh, kark, they played it so perfectly. Everything was just...just...perfect. From his expression, to Anakin's panicked order to lower the force field, to Rex's "Oh...no..." as Fives dies...it was so beautiful. I knew it was going to happen because I accidentally read a spoiler a couple weeks ago, but I was still mournful about it when it happened. And his last words, about finally being free...oh, kark it all! :_|

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in my bedroom throwing darts at a picture of Palpatine and Nala Se. :_|

2. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    An amazing couple of episodes. That ending was so tragic and dark. Watching Fives be villainized and ultimately killed was almost painful. Some surprisingly powerful stuff for Clone Wars.

3. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    This was a very entertaining arc, and really gave us an in-depth exploration into the character of Fives, and his close relationship to his "brothers" like Tup. A great deal of suspense, and the Separatists actually seemed very competent and threatening in the opener, The Unknown. After so many seasons of seeing the droid armies so incompetent or used in slapstick, it was refreshing to see super battle droid rocket troopers and commando droids so efficiently slaughtering the clones in Tup's shuttle...they even showed close-ups of the clones' spaced corpses.

Despite the fact that he had the same voice as WAC-47, I found AZI-3 genuinely funny and his relationship with Fives was rather entertaining. Man, Nala Se and Lama Su were uncannily sinister in this arc. Shaak Ti playing a large role in this arc was great too, I always love me some Shaak Ti! Plus, Jango Fett being shown in a hologram in full armor was very neat.

But boy, was that ending powerful.
    Well, I called that Fives would die back in late May:

Even coming in expecting him to die still didn't make his death any less of a gut punch, though. "I never wantedI just wanted to do my duty [...] The mission, the nightmaresthey are finallyover." :_|

It's one of the tragedies of the Jedi Order during the final days of the Clone Wars that they were so close to unearthing a conspiracy against them, they are unable to uncover it, writing off Fives' last words as that of a deranged madman suffering from the symptoms of not having an inhibitor chipso they think. A real Cassandra complex for poor Fives.

R.I.P. Domino Squad. @};-

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The Unknown:

Good opening battle. I love Anakin in command.

Oh ****. Trench. My wine is trying to come back up. Go to hell you pincer-clicking *******.

And what. The. ****. Tup is Smeagol? And Fives is his guardian--why?

I'm going to hear pincer-clicking and "good soldiers follow orders" in my nightmares.

LOL combat stress? Separatist anti-clone virus?

Holy hell, I ****ing hate buzz droids.

"See to it personally, Commander." Trench with Vader's line? Are you ****ing kidding me?

A couple of positives: the visuals are fantastic, and enjoying Anakin as a leader.

LOL at the conversation about the droids. If you clones are afraid of TCW battle droids...you suck.

"I am programmed to resist intimidation" and off goes the head. LOL.

Battle droid "humor" is terrible as always.

5/10, mostly for Anakin

Conspiracy:

Shaak Ti! YES!!!!

Oh ****. Rolling eyes. Contagion?

"Fighting a virus us a nice change of pace from all those clankers." LOL.

"This clone seems to be in perfect health. You must have missed something." No ****.

"I am sorry. I always wanted to have human feelings. But I do not. Goodbye." LOL, I think I've found my new signature.

I love that droid arguing with Fives about whether clones should be called by their numbers. I laughed.

"Inhibitor chip"? Oh. For. ****'s. Sake. Why wasn't this mentioned in AOTC? Oh, that's right...because that's not what happened in AOTC.

The chip was a safeguard against betrayal by rogue Jedi? LOL.

Oh ****ing A. A tumor?

"The probability that somebody heard that [crash] is high, yes." LOL.

The Kaminoans in league with Sidious is just stupid. They wanted to make money. Period.

Order 66 was a nightmare? Cody didn't seem bothered in ROTS.

Oh boy. Evil Palps at the end.

3/10

Fugitive:

Why the hell are we going on about a tumor and why do the Kaminoans hate the clones?

Never mind, don't answer that.

Go Shaak Ti.

That medical droid is supposed to be funny. He's not. He's annoying.

Fives beats the **** out of people he doesn't like. Fun.

So the "tumor" is an inhibitor chip, and a "renegade clone" stole it.

And the Jedi "inspired" creative thinking. Uh, no. "The clones can think creatively. They are immensely superior to droids." This is such bull****.

"The true nature of the inhibitor chip must not be discovered by the Jedi." Dry that one out and you could fertilize Endor.

A non-organic inhibitor chip. *headdesk*

And LOL, the clones are concerned that they might have a similar "inhibitor chip"? I know AOTC wasn't a popular movie but this is ridiculous. As is the attempt to make a MedicalDroid!3PO.

Fives' chip has been "removed." Well isn't that special. Let's **** continuity and make an excuse for the lovable clones to join the Rebellion.

"I can't believe it. They all have one." LOL, no ****.

Oh for ****'s sake. Fives threatening the Kaminoans?

LOL at Shaak Ti and the Kaminoan doctor arguing over who Fives "belonged" to.

3/10

Orders:

The scene with Palpatine is creepy.

Palpatine doing that same staging **** that he did in ROTS. At least Shaak Ti was a badass.

Spectacular Coruscant visuals again.

The taxi driver talk? That was unnecessary bull****.

"Your mother's a droid." Holy ****. I've heard better insults from first graders.

"The highest levels are involved in the conspiracy." The writers have no idea how stupid it is that anyone would know, right? Or maybe this is part of their mission to make the Jedi look stupid.

Yes, Fives, you were genetically modified to obey any order. But you being upset about it...just doesn't make sense.

And Fives knowing about Palpatine when the Jedi didn't...see what I said above about the Jedi looking stupid.

And hellllllooooo, melodrama.

Palpatine. "A parasite." LOL, cool story bro.

That wicked laugh can go back in the kids' horror movie where it belongs.

3/10

K'Kruhk likes this.
  5. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    So found the first three episodes of this arc online. Wasn't a fan of this arc when it aired in German but I'm just happy to be watching some new Clone Wars in a language I understand even if its an arc I didn't particularly care for. I will say though I like the sort of Irish accents of Tiplee and Tiplar. Maybe it's because I'm Irish myself and it's always nice to hear my native people's accents even though I myself don't have much of an accent. Also I really wish they explained Trench's survival. Even just a simple throwaway line I'd be okay with. Ah well gonna continue on. Can't wait to see the Yoda arc episodes though.

6. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    so...I guess you didn't really like these episodes Anakinfan. Did you really not like it this much? I can't tell if a few of those are sarcastic or not. Also, on the whole Jedi looking stupid thing, I think it was implied that Palpatine, knowing Fives was drugged and was going to be framed for an assassination attempt, told Fives about Order 66 sort of in a Wormhole X-Treme (Stargate) sort of way.

I can't really put it into words, so I'll use the example I gave for Stargate. In Stargate, there is a wormhole device that allows people to travel to other planets and is secret and owned by the government. A show, Wormhole X-Treme, which was funded by the government in a way, basically makes it so anyone who releases information on the Stargate would be laughed at and not believed because it would be a ripped off of Wormhole X-Treme and people wouldn't know it was actually real.

Basically apply that to Order 66. Include in the fact Kamino is saying the "inhibitor chip" is to stop clones from going crazy and aggressive, even though the reason Fives did was because he was drugged, and you have a perfect scenario that covers up the plot because of the Tup malfunction.

7. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Fives: The Edward Snowden of the GFFA.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've seen worse in this series. If I hated them, I'd give them a 1/10.

So...no love but no hate either.

Anakin was awesome, Shaak Ti was pretty good, Palpatine was sufficiently creepy, and the humor was decent when a battle droid wasn't trying it.

I felt like AOTC and ROTS were being retconned in order to make the clones look good, and that bugged the hell out of me, even as someone who has nothing against the clones.

If the story were consistent, I would expect Cody in ROTS to grab his head and say "WTH is going on?" instead of making a fairly casual comment about wishing the order had come before he gave Obi-Wan back his lightsaber.

It doesn't mesh.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Damn.

Zer0, Darth Wookiee and credar like this.
  10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Screw you Filoni :mad:

11. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I don't remember battle droids doing any humor during these episodes. Was it those 2 in the shuttle? Because that was kind of more subtle than the usual droid humor and it was the only instance in the episode. :confused:

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, it was then.

13. Jamie1001

Jamie1001 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 16, 2014
    Really enjoyed these episodes. Was that the first appearance of the ROTS style Clone pilot Helmet? Loved the look of Commander Doom as well!

14. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Wow...that was just...I can't even. Amazing yet heartbreaking.

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

15. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012

Boil and TiniTinyTony like this.
  16. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Actually shed some tears when Fives died. That's only happened once before. :(

I think it's time for a new avatar in his honor.

17. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Eet eez nawt a toomah!

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That's regrettable!

I've no idea where you are, but I hope you'll be able to enjoy these episodes very soon (I just finished the Yoda arc. Wow.)

19. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    So... what exactly does that clone armor *do*, anyway? Because it sure doesn't stop blasters.

Zer0 likes this.
  20. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Pretty good couple of episodes, although I remain unsatisfied with the entire Order 66 thing, but honestly, I don't really think any explanation of it or its genesis will ever satisfy me.

What I did enjoy most from these episodes are the ethical implications it touches on concerning cloning, free will, and so on. These are very important issues that for the most part have been overlooked or glossed over in the series. I mean, here we have thousands upon thousands of human beings being created and cloned for the sole purpose to serve in an army and to kill and fight a war. "For the Republic!!" we hear troopers yell at times---but what does that really mean? The clones were created to be loyal, efficient, and to "follow orders," but as sentiment beings, what are there own personal views on their lives and their sole purpose for existence? Are they really capable of formulating such thoughts? They are sentient beings, yet they are "property" and the Jedi, as well as most of the Republic, are ok with this?

The inclusion of the clone troopers in SW I think is a good idea, but ultimately, at times it's not very well executed. I get the Republic was caught off guard and that they had no real standing army, but to me it makes greater sense (economically, strategically, and so forth) to actually raise armies based on your own local population. Many planets did do this and worked in conjunction with the GAR, but, for the most part, all the heavy lifting was done by clones---again, their sole purpose for existence.

During the early years when they were developing this show, I had really hoped that the show would really touch on these issues, as many folks at Lucasfilm hinted they would, but alas, it never really did, at least not to the extent I had hoped. Good to see we got a few episodes where these ideas were brought up, though.

I did not find AZ-3 that annoying. I actually enjoyed the banter and interactions he had with Fives. The drunk clones and the club were pretty cool, too.

21. Padawan Fangirl

Nov 28, 2013
    Yeah, the death of that pilot almost made me sick.

Fives is in a better place now, where he won't be dismissed as crazy by an order that's lost its way. Yes I know he's a fictional character. You know what I'm saying.

And Nala Se is officially on my "Kill it with fire" list.

Revanfan1 and InterestingLurker like this.
  22. Padawan Fangirl

Nov 28, 2013
    I want to adopt that little droid! :D

23. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    What I didn't understand it, what did Nala Se drug Fives with at the beginning of the fourth episode? Obviously whatever it is was what caused him to go insane, because even after his chip was removed he was fine mentally at the end of the third episode. Whatever she did gave him the same symptoms as Tup–which would mean the chips can be removed safely.

24. earlchinna

earlchinna Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2004
    Hadn't posted since the wrong jedi aired but this is the time! hmmm just had a very quick look and saw some harsh review [face_mischief] but seeing it in a really different light :)

From France... so I'm doing it the pirate way

Completely blown away by this arc................... I had seen the german (and I don't speak it) full screen low-res version on youtube and read the full translation too....

and yet it really felt I was discovering it all
    Incredible
    the animation makes the finale Ahsoka arc look like season 3 by comparison... I was like "now this is toy story 3 or tintin level", the arrival on Coruscant at the beginning of "orders" was particularly amazing, almost as good looking as shots from ROTS
    and Tim Curry finally sounds perfectly fine I thought, especially as Sidious he is almost completely the same as Abercrombie

it's 3 in the morning but I think I'll watch the Clovis arc before sleeping... but now I can't imagine how good the Yoda must be -fangasm tomorrow-

25. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    This whole arc, in particular "Orders", was amazing. I can't believe how well handled the whole thing was. Closest the show ever came to making me cry.

Sgt Crowfield, earlchinna and credar like this.