main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH The Order of Kai Kan- Lightsaber enthusiast organization -Class Schedule

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Exalted_1, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    The Order of Kai Kan Schedule-

we will need to know in advance if you plan on attending...

Starting in October we will meeting on tuesdays at a new location! more info to come as more is available.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

I know this a lot to read so bear with me...

Introduction-
    Greetings & salutations. My name is Mark Seymour. I am founder & representative of a Lightsaber Enthusiast group called The Order of Kai Kan. We celebrate our Star Wars fandom in this fashion to promote a positive & honorable code of conduct within ourselves as well as through example, the community around us. As with the noble medieval knights, the valiant Musketeer, and the honorable samurai, we endeavor to hold ourselves to a higher moral code. Make no mistake; we are fully aware of where the source of our inspiration comes from. We choose to create a positive group in which everyone is welcome, all are equal, and the entire point is to have fun putting on a good show.

Goals-
    Obviously, our primary goal is to have fun in a safe & positive environment. As well as put on a good show faithful to the spirit of Star Wars. Secondary goals would then be to promote a positive example for others in the community to emulate or be inspired from. Anything else would be icing on the cake. It's that simple.

Background-
    Being 2nd in the Fan Club Member's Line on the first day of Celebration II, I had unique and unforgettable experience. But what initially inspired me to create The Order of Kai Kan came from watching the demonstration of Lightsaber combat taught to children. It was when they asked for volunteers and about half the hands were from adults! After I put my hand down, I started to think how cool it would be to actually learn how to stunt fight, and then I went on to enjoy the rest of Celebration II...
    Time passes like it always does, and I didn't think about again until I realized how much time on the weekends my friends & I spent busting our knuckles in mock Lightsaber combat. Then the ideas of dressing up in costume for the opening of Episode III like we did for Episode II came up. And then learning a few moves. Then the idea of learning entire sequences of fight choreography came into being. And now, we are currently group of Lightsaber Enthusiasts that as a group learn fight choreography in order to put on a show and have fun.

May the force be with you!

-----EDIT-----

WE ALSO HAVE ON OCCASION INFORMAL MEETINGS ON TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS WHEN WE ARE NOT @ THE LIBRARY!

SEND ME A PIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

2. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    I am pretty much interested in attenting on ay of the dates in August.

3. Kasey_Atol

Kasey_Atol Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2007
    Sounds cool. I would possibly be interested. Just curious though if you can afford to miss a few classes or are they set up where bits and pieces from one class would apply to the next?

4. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    It's a pretty free-flow Forum. We all work on diferent aspects at different speeds. we meet, we learn, and then we practice.

that's it. the rest is up to you.

5. Maglus_kor

Maglus_kor Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2007
    the kai kan system helps if you just make 2 classes or ten classes its about fun and sprit and no larp.....cna't stress the no larp enough.......ok once more not a larp....oh by the way we belive in a fun and safe fighting envoirment so at the next meeting we will have exalted fighting over a lava pit thats all for my kai kan anoucement thank you and have a great day

*lava pit may be replaced by carpet we are still checking with legal on that one

6. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Yeah, cause that's got OSHA violation written ALL over it! [face_shame_on_you]

7. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    ----note----

I edited the original post. please re-read at you're leisure.

8. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    updated it again. please be sure to contact me if you are interested.

9. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    we now meet every tuesday!

prep time & discussions-
    4pm-6pm

meeting & practice-
    6pm-9pm

Whitewater Twp Senior Ctr:
    513-367-6046

6125 Dry Fork Rd
    Cleves, OH 45002, US

Gotta love indoor practice locations during winter! no more excuses!

10. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    Sweet, as soon as I get my car back from the shop I will be there.

11. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    we are now officially the OHJedi!

as such, we are affiliated with the NYJedi [nyjedi.com] and still meet on tuesdays and we run classes weekly.

C'mon and join in the glowstick wielding goodness!!!

[face_peace] :D [face_monkey]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.