main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE ORDER OF THE SITH - Best Fanfilm

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by gjg554, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    ::Looks at Halibut::

::Looks at Lord_Rive::

::Looks back at Halibut::

::Sends Flowers to Halibuts loved ones::

2. AndyBryan

AndyBryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    DaftMaul ROFLMAO

I don't think it requires anything else :D

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    It is clear that this contest cannot be settled by our knowledge of threats, but our skills with sarcasm

4. AndyBryan

AndyBryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    In which case surely Halibut will win :p That is until Rive just comes round and gives ya a good kickin' ;)

5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Sticks and stones may break my bones....

Hang on, I haven't thought this through properly.

6. Jedi_Cougar

Jedi_Cougar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Guys, we are so nit picky.

Let the guy say his friend's film will be "the best"

Who cares? wait and see if it is before wasting time filling a post with replies doing nothing but complaining about his post.

7. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    What I really don't like at all about all this is, like Lord_homer said, that it "Will be a fanfilm to rule all other". That is a very cocky statement and even if the film DOES succeed, there will never be a film to rule above all others. Some ppl don't have access to advanced equipment and software like others do and they shouldn't be considered any lesser than other fanfilms.
    Just by writing that sentence has already made me lose any amount of respect I previously may have had to this project (very little).

Carl

8. darren

darren Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2000
    Lord Rive.

Back off

Halibut is mine... "And you will learn your place young one."

The Evil, elder, older, fatter, brother has spoken.

Now if you will excues me, I'm off to Dr Evil's geriatric weight-watchers class....

9. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    I know why it will be 'the fanfilm to rule all others'!!....cuz my superb voice is in it-muahahahahaha.

10. gjg554

gjg554 Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2002
    Ok. 1st of all. My friend is only 13. I thought it was very good for his age. When he says to rule all others, he means the people AT OUR SCHOOL. Not you professionals. I was trying to help get some people to help him out by saying it was the best. Im very sorry. BYE

11. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    As you can see, that was exactly the WRONG thing to do. It didn't sound like you were asking for help, but actually saying "We're better than you and can beat all of you [and thus don't need your help]".

If he's only 13, yes, it's all quite good for his age. But it's not good strategy to claim it's the best. Especially since it hasn't been filmed yet.

M. Scott

12. Jedi_Cougar

Jedi_Cougar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey Carl,

So if I go to a podunk college, because my Dad works at McDonald's, but Joe Schmo goes to Harvard(or somewhere) because his dad is an alumni and has tons of money, Joe Schmo's college degree won't be "above" mine or "better" than mine because maybe I am also as smart or even more so...?

13. Shawn PTH

Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Ok im confused...

1. its his friends project, and his friend is only 13.
    2. His friend meant he was going to best everyone around him/at school.
    3. As far as I can tell in this thread GJG is trying to distance himself from the project.

Ok.. So either GJG paraphrased his friend saying it would best duality, or there is some new slang and duality means kids at your school...

Also GJG I dont know but this seems like your project to me if YOUR web design company www.gjgenterprises.com lists Lightarts as one of its main resources. (IE usually a subidary). Oh and in this thread http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8021966&replies=8 you seem to be the one whos running the project, not the 13 year old you keep trying to pass blame on to.

14. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Man, A Question of Faith is going down! My fan film will take AQOF, rip it apart, burn the pieces, and mail the ashes back to scudnight. [face_devil]

With everyone trying to beat duality, I just didn't want our good friend Carlos' masterpiece to feel left out. :p

15. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    His "friend" has another pic on his site that is Scifi3D work and claims it was done by him.

EDIT: go to the site and click on The Order of the Sith under Projects Under Development. You'll see the pic and it says it was done by someone else.

16. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    are you saying 13 year olds can't do effects equal to adults gjg? I'm 13 and i can do effects better than that.

Carl, you had respect for this project?

17. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    Oh yea, it will rule all others at your school. Hmm, how many people at your school have made a SW Fan Film?......probably none. So that statement basically contradicts itself.

18. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    LOL whispering death - i prefer people forget about AQOF :)

until the sequel. If you can send me a pic of YOU training forty novice people to fight at once I will bow at your feet. Hard enough for me as it is... ;)

I need a new hobby. sigh

19. sithman32

sithman32 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    Hello,

I am the person making THE ORDER OF THE SITH. I am sorry if you think that I think I am making the best fanfilm. I DON'T. The person who put up this post is one of my casting directors. He is the one who thinks it is so great. I'm not making it for the internet, or to compare to to anyone elses. It is just for my school. The website he gave you was not ment for the public, and just for the people that I know. He told me that he ment that it will best duality in storyline. Considering that theirs was just fighting. The movie I am making is in no way going to compare to your movies. I know that you are all great at making movies, but this is my first real digital movie. I am only 13.

I THINK THAT DUALITY WAS ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES I'VE SEEN. I CAN'T FIND ANYWAY THAT I WOULD CHANGE IT.

So please stop responding to this post, it is not my fault, and I think that all of the fanfilms that I have seen are great. All I wanted was for him to help find people for the movie, and he already hurt it.

Thank you

20. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    I just responded, what are you going to do about it. AND CREDIT SCIFI3D IF YOU'RE GONNA USE THEIR MODELS! :mad:

Also, on your site, it does say it will be a fan film to rule all others. So, who are you camparing to on your site?

21. Lord_Rive

Lord_Rive TFN Fan Films Staff star 4 VIP

Jun 29, 2000
    Jedisith674, dualitycrusher, yoda1winner, sithknown87, jedinext35, thebest2002, mymovie76, duality54, and sithman32 are all the same guy. Probably time to lock all of the busy little beaver's threads -- this one included, ya think?

Move along. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.