main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The orgins of Filoni's Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CoolyFett, Oct 11, 2014.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Dave Filoni was hired as supervising director, and was familiar with previous Star Wars animation projects.
    Filoni's initial idea for the series revolved around a recurring cast of characters who traveled aboard a spaceship similar to the Millennium Falcon; the ship's crew would have included a smuggler, his girlfriend, a Gungan named "Lunker", a Jedi Padawan named "Ashla" and her Jedi Master. This early concept for The Clone Wars was designed not to interfere with existing continuity, and as such would have included only occasional appearances from film characters such as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. However, once Lucas became involved, he decided that the show would focus on the film characters, but would also include some of Filoni's ideas,

Has anyone ever read or heard the orgin ideas Foloni had for Clone Wars back in 2007?....sounds very familiar.

TheOneX_Eleazar and whostheBossk like this.
  2. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    does this really need a thread?

Cevan likes this.
  3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I agree. I'm sure this stuff could just be posted in the regular Clone Wars thread...

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Or the Rebels thread, since the point seems to be its similarity.

Cevan and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  5. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I don't think this needs its own thread, but I'll still put my two cents in while this thread is open.

I'm actually very glad Lucas stepped in and changed TCW to be focused on the big wigs. Focusing on the crew of a ship during the Clone Wars just wouldn't be that great in my opinion. We're here to see the War, Sidious' plans reach their fruition, clones vs. droids, not a couple of people flying around on a ship and doing stuff during the war.

I'm not sure why two Jedi would've been on the ship either. Doesn't seem very Jedi-like to use a smuggler's transport all throughout the war instead of using some sort of Jedi shuttle.

6. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    As many threads as you have created?...... Really?

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    When have I created any threads? Because I haven't started any. Ever.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Yeah, the concept works a lot better as Rebels.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I sort of wish that they focused on other Jedi and not Obi-Wan and Anakin as much.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Sure, why not. ;)

You can see elements of that outline in season 1. The Twilight fulfills the role of the ship, but the focus on the Jedi and the war at large makes Filoni's original outline unworkable.

11. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Little known fact. Lunker was the name of the Gungan security guard in Children Of The Force:

12. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    From the episodes in the first 3 seasons they feature quit a bit of some of the background Jedi from AOTC and ROTS. I also like that Padme gets some screen time as well, i just wonder what the Clone Wars show would be like if it did feature a diverse ragtag group who had connections to both the Republic and the Separatists.

13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm glad this idea never happened for TCW; it's better suited to the OT era.

14. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I think a bigger question that we need to ask is when is the lucaspeople going to bring out the rest of the clone wars story. Are they looking to animate more in the future? Bring it out in comic books? What about a couple of more novels? Thats what I want. Those stories were to good to go to waste.

15. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    We know that Dark Desciple is the novelization of the Vos/Ventress arc. That's the only officially announced Clone Wars thing coming out right now

Gudenruben2 likes this.
  16. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I don't think I would of protested to this, as the chances meddling with previous existed continuity from the Clone Wars multimedia project would be very low. It could of even referenced it and had its events be in the background! Oh well. Lucas got involved.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. Darth Chagaros

Darth Chagaros Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2014
    A gungan in the main cast. That Filoni guy is a risktaker. Respect.

CoolyFett and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

They then stopped using it for like 2 seasons and were like lets bring it in to be destroyed.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I think so far Filoni is good for Star Wars, he is creating some great Star Wars tales. Gungans rock.

whostheBossk likes this.