main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The original Marvel Comics series of Star Wars. Any fond memories?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMasterKeno, Jan 11, 2013.

1. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    No I dont think we need another new Essential guide book especially if it would be for the old Marvel Comics Star Wars series. If you want to look up info for a certain old character from the great classic Marvel Comics Star Wars, go to that wookiepedia site. Im sure people already made up 10 pages worth of a backstory for a character like Jaxxon or whatever

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    All my Marvel memories are handily preserved in a thread here, but the stupid character limit problem is rendering half of them unreadable. :_|

3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Those stories were fun and light. One thing that I really liked about them was the mystery of the jedi and sith. We knew a little bit and saw a bit, but not to the point that we have now. The stories were very good for its time.

4. JediMasterKeno

Apr 22, 2000
    I was flipping through my copy of A Long Time Ago Volume 1 to look at the old original comic book looks for Han, Luke and Leia. They look great but for Chewbacca. Holy crap lol. Chewie looked like a werewolf or something. Then I remember in the old Return of the Jedi 3-4 issue adaptation, Chewbacca did look normal like in the movies so that was a relief.

Some of the funky characters in A Long Time Ago Volume 1 were cool but Jaxxon the weird rabbit characater stuck out like a sore thumb. The other space pirates they looked like they belonged in some other comic book like DC comics or something.

Luke and Han they looked great in their old Marvel Comics looks along with C3PO and R2. Chewbacca though he got the short end of the stick or something

5. JediMasterKeno

Apr 22, 2000
    Anyone have the other Long Time Ago Omnibus volumes such as the one that has the Empire Stricks Back adapation? What did/does Boba Fett look like back then for his Marvel comic book look?

6. Red.Two

Red.Two Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2012
    Lots of good memories! It's why I bought all five volumes of the Dark Horse Omnibus reprints!

General Immodet likes this.
  7. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    The Empire and Jedi adaptations had the best art(IMO) by the great Al Williamson. His art style was more photo-realistic, which is why Chewie looked accurate in ESB, so did Fett, and everyone else.

Personally, I tie Episode 5 & 6 to the 80's newspaper strip(Classic Star Wars) than I do Marvel, due to the same writer/artist team on both)

General Immodet likes this.
  8. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Williamson and Goodwin were great! There stories still fit into the EU today. They were exciting to read.
    I still like the Orman Tagge-storyline very much!

9. JediMasterKeno

Apr 22, 2000
    Was Boba Fett even in the old 3-4 issue adaptation of Return of the Jedi? I had that when I was a little kid and all I remember from it was the Rancor and the ewoks. Then the whole duel between Luke, Vader and Palpatine in the last issue of the Return of the Jedi adapation back then.

Wouild be nice if someone had pics of the old Return of the Jedi comic book adaptation so I can know if Boba was even in it or not

10. DaRonin

DaRonin Jedi Master star 1

Jan 3, 2005
    I have a lot of fond memories from these stories. The iskalon story arc was one of my favorites. It was very dark with focusing on imperial genocide, detonating a WMD under water on a aquatic world which resulted in near genocide, and luke and leia having to survive the assault, and the aftermath.

Also after ESB, marvel came up with an ongoing story with the rebels looking for master spy Tay Vanis who stole top secret info from the empire, which ended and led into ROTJ, and also lead to some very fun as well as dark and brooding stories. Including the final fate of vanis.

Lando's exploits as a captain harlock rip off were amusing as well. And Dani was an awesome character.

11. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    They're classics.