main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The ORIGINAL NEW new Starbucks!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Grand Admiral Thran, Mar 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Thran

Grand Admiral Thran Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 1999
    OKAY! Due to the Starbucks plauge has taken the thread, so here's the new one. It is time to start a new from the ashes of the dead. Like the phoenix that arises from the dark ashes of death. Let us rejoice in this new beginning and usher in a new era. (yeah, that sounds good for "The damn old thread didn't allow us to see our posts.."

Well, do what you want with it, its started, the old link is here for reference. Forum2/HTML/003025.html Forum2/HTML/003025.html

well, remember add the italic quotes for a new level of fun.

Gat out
    Build it and they shall come......

2. General CaSS Antilles

General CaSS Antilles Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 13, 1999
    Hey GAT, want a coffee before the rest of the mob turn up?

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Ahhh, a new week, a new thread...too bad that means I'm at work!

GAT: A suggestion - you might want to stick a "We have moved" sign over at the old thread and put the link to this one. I'd do it, but I'm not so good at the linking thing yet!

CaSS: May I join you? Something large with a lot of caffine, please!

Taramidala: Great idea - about the new thread. I'd been wondering how much longer the other was going to last. I finished Fusion Fire this weekend - again - WOW!

"For the great Sacred Bird is reborn..." - Miss Saigon

4. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    I don't drink coffee, any suggestions?

5. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Hey, what do you know, a new thread? Gee, that was a surprise!

Trace: I went to the bookstore this weekend and they tried to tell me that Firebird wasn't even published yet! How's that for service. Well, here's my funny little story: I told the woman that it definitely was out and she said "Oh, really? How do you *know* it's out?" And so I said, "Actually, I've spoken with the author." All right, all right, it was kinda playing dirty, but she was really being rude. And it wasn't like I was lying exactly -- I have spoken to Kathy -- through these forums, lol! Well, anyway, upon a search through the computer, she did indeed find the book and ordered it for me. They also didn't have Fusion Fire so that's on the way as well. Needless to say, it will probably be another month or so before I actually get them, and even longer before I read them. I'll probably just wait until I'm home for the summer so I won't have to rush through them.

Ugh, I'm on break and I still have homework! Gotta run. Be back later, maybe.

I hope you all find your way back here!

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

6. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    "Actually, I've spoken with the author."

T: Classic! You go, girl!
    I just learned over on the Firebird list that the third book of that series and Balance Point will be out around the same time - November! eek.gif

Lightsabre: Hot chocolate, maybe! You are welcome to join us either way!

7. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    So this is where y'all are...

Trace: Miss Saigon!!! Oh how I love Miss Saigon!!! In fact, I've always harbored a dream to someday play the lead in that--I don't care if it's a dinner theatre production . And btw, I love that song you quoted, even though they don't use it in the current production (they replaced "Sacred Bird" with a different song at the end).

Ok, sorry for the little diversion, but I absolutely love that musical, and I can't listen to the soundtrack without crying. I finally got to see it live a year and a half ago, and what a thrill that was! Of course, I um, well, got a little choked up (but so did my mom, so it wasn't just me).

8. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Callie: I'm a huge Broadway musical fan, and Miss Saigon is one of my favorites also! Yeah, they did a lot of re-writing from the original soundtrack to the current production; and I like all of them EXCEPT the new ending! No, no, no...

Fellow Starbuckians: We'd better hurry up and think of a CT topic before they evict us! GAT, got any good polls?

You hear me, baby...hold together!

9. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Ok, ok, CT topic, let's see... Hmm... This has been done before, but I don't think it's ever been asked in here, so I'll ask it .

What's everyone's favorite scene in the entire trilogy?

For me, it's the double sunset, hands down. I love *everything* about that scene--the music, the imagery, the actor (*hehehe*)...

Trace: yeah, I didn't hear the "new" version until I actually went to a live production, and when it came to the end, I turned to my mom and said, "Hey! They got rid of my favorite song!!" I loved "Sacred Bird"!! Lea Salonga sounds absolutely angelic when she sings it in the London Cast Recording .

I did, however, really like one of the songs that I heard for the first time when I went to the show, and it's right after Ellen tells Chris and John that Kim had stopped by (btw, I didn't like how they cut some lines out of their "Room 317" song, but I digress)... Ellen and Chris are talking about what they'll do to get rid of Kim, basically, and Kim starts singing, "I still taste your kisses/your voice sings in my ear/your hand betrayed/what we were yesterday/but you'll come back tonight for him." Oh my, my heart was breaking... First of all, the girl who played Kim at this production I went to was fabulous, and second of all, I'd never heard that song because apparently the London Cast Recording doesn't have all the songs on it, and wow, I just lost it when she sang those lines. I just wanted to throw something at Chris for being so incredibly insensitive for discarding her like that LOL (gee, now I can see why I root for Callista so much, having lost the Luke sweepstakes herself LOL)!

Ok, I better stop here now that I've given spoilers for this... For those who havne't seen this and want to, please ignore everything I just said in the previous paragraph .

10. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>What's everyone's favorite scene in the entire trilogy?

That's a tough one, but I'll have to say the funeral pyre at the end of ROTJ. To me, it symbolizes and sums up the entire saga: the rise and fall of Anakin, the triumph of good over evil, and the power of love between a parent and child.

Do any of you think of that scene when you hear "The Last Song" by Elton John?
    The chorus, in particular:

'Cause I never thought I'd lose
    I only thought I'd win
    I never dreamed I'd feel
    This fire beneath my skin
    I can't believe you love me
    I never thought you'd come
    I guess I misjudged love
    Between a father and his son.

Getting a little choked up here...

I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 03-27-2000).]

11. Red Fox

Red Fox Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 1999
    Hi everyone..... I was um.... well, wondering if anyone could briefly sum up what this thread is about... I was always intimidated by the size of the other thread... 612 posts..... And I am one who always likes to read the other posts before I put my own.... but no way! I don't have That much free time.

12. Barbara Fett

Barbara Fett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 23, 1999
    "Hot chocolate for me too, please."

Callie: As a fan of mysterious, magical stuff, I like any scene with the ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Yoda's death is another favorite, because it's so touching.

Lightsabre, Red Fox: Welcome! We like to see new people. Just for them, I'm going to repost the Mark Hamill Poll, the one someone has posted in every single Starbucks. Sasha Sawyer was the very first one to post it, on Forum2/HTML/001676-3.htmlthe third page of the first thread. And here it is, with Mark's answers:

1. The one person you'd like to meet...
    There's two. Stan Laurel and Alfred Hitchcock.

2. Superpower you most want...
    Flight. Peter Pan had a big impact on me.

3. Favourite munchie at 2am...
    Frosted Cheerios

4. Things you collect...
    Comic books, model kits and cereal boxes. I'm a cereal fanatic, but I'm not going to pay $700 for a Snagglepuss Cocoa Krispies box.

5. Favourite cartoons...
    "Rocky and Bullwinkle" and "George of the Jungle."

6. Person you would most want to work with...
    Ray Harryhausen. (A pioneer in stop-motion special effects.)

7. Favourite musical performers...
    R.E.M. amd Pearl Jam. I'm at the point where I'm listening to my kid's music.

8. Favourite TV show...
    The Simpsons

9. Last good movie you saw...
    "The Usual Suspects"

10. Last good book you read...
    "Outrage" by Vincent Bugliosi

11. If you had the power of The Beyonder...
    I'd want the power to mellow people out...

Oh, and today's Monday too! Science Corner time! Here's a cheerful, optimistic story: http://unisci.com/stories/20001/0306005.htm http://unisci.com/stories/20001/0306005.htm

MTFBWYA

13. Grand Admiral Thran

Grand Admiral Thran Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 1999
    *Thran orders a round of fresh Coffee for everyone* Ahh, mmm, good stuff, essential life sustaining fluid. Well, I WOULD post a "We have been evicted please send us money to feed us and go here for the new starbucks" but I can't even see the damn thread. Its just a blank space....and that annoys me. mad.gif Hmm...polls....we need something..EXCITING....AMAZING...INSPIRING...well sorry can't give you that but I'll post something that deals with the OT before we are evicted...yet again.

10 ways to annoy your friends/co-workers using star wars as your sick demented inspiration!!!
    1. Dress up as Darth Vader and insist that your neighbor is a traitor and part of the rebel alliance.
    2. Make a headset to look like Leia's buns (no not those!) and see if new people think its your new do.
    3. Run around at work screaming "You're not my father"
    4. Life objects with fishing line and say its the force.
    5. Fly your cardboard x-wing around in THIER house.
    6. Insist that they must lift thier car out of the mud using only the mind.
    7. Make fake sabers and duel yourself in your backyard yelling out OT lines between vader and luke.
    8. Tell them that you are the Emperor and they must walk with chicken on thier heads.
    9. Make your dog stand on its hind legs and put it a belt around it, make it follow you around.
    10. Annoy your co-workers by sending them E-mail that consists of text tie fighters and x-wings battling.

Now for the poll.

If you were a....
    1) Rebel pilot, who would you be?
    2) Imperial, who would you be?
    3) Star Wars crew for the movie, what job?
    4) Jedi, would you be dark or light?
    5) A veggie, what and why?
    6) Administrator for this forum, what would you do?

Okay next poll
    What song is it?
    1)Well, my my this Anakin guy, maybe Vader someday later, but now's he's just a small fry. He left his home saying "soon I'm going to be a Jedi..."
    What song? What band/person? What CD?
    2) I met him in a swamp in degobah, where it babbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda, s-o-d-a, I saw the little runt on a log, I asked him his name and in a raspy voice he said yoda...
    What song? What band/person? What CD?
    3) mmhhhmmm.....He's into superstition, he's got the preminition that this kid is going to kill us all, he's on the jedi council...
    What Song? What band/person? What CD?

Okay, I'll be fair, all three are wierd al, now just what song and what CD...
    Cya all,
    Gat out
    What if God Smoked Cannibus???

14. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Trace: Aw...geez, don't make me blush. I really hated doing it 'cause in hindsight it sounds so pushy, but she was really asking for it. Besides, What I told you was true. From a certain point of view.

Miss Saigon? LOVE THAT SHOW! And Les Mis, too. It was the first show in NYC that I ever saw!

Elton John is a god! Yes, I recall thinking that song fit perfectly, once upon a time. I haven't thought much about it recently because he's not really my current musical kick. He's coming to my home city in April and I'm going to be back in NY at school. I'm SO upset!

Even though I can't stand the woman today, when I was younger, I always thought of the bridge scene from ROTJ (especially in the novel) whenever I heard Mariah Carey's "Hero." You know how in the book (during that scene) Leia's thinking about Luke's power and whether he is giving it to her or something like that? And he's telling her that she is strong and that she will survive to be the hope for the Alliance if he dies? I don't know. I just always played that song when reading that scene. Not anymore, 'cause I think MC is kinda scary (no offense to any fans out there), but back when her music was better.

Anyway, no more rambling from the maniac tonight. Goodnight all!

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

15. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Oh, wait, I forgot. I had something to comment on regarding the OT! Maybe this will get us all talking, LOL.

Just the other day, I was reading the People Profiles mini-magazine that was entirely devoted to Harrison Ford. I don't know if any of you read it, too, but here's what I found interesting:

In all the sections regarding Star Wars, the writer tries to pass these films off as "Harrison Ford pictures." The quotes that are used make it sound like Harrison Ford was the major player and the one whose performances made the films. Discussion of the films were centered strictly around his experience and his friendship with Carrie Fisher. To me, it just sounded like they were trying to pass off the OT as Harrison Ford's movie. As Han Solo's story. The slant actually made me feel quite...disturbed.

So what do you all think? I mean, as far as mainstream entertainment press is concerned, Star Wars belongs to George Lucas and Harrison Ford, forever and ever amen. Oh yeah, and Carrie Fisher was in it, too. Um...aren't you people missing someone? Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this IS a MH whining session, but come ON! We all KNOW that a certain MAJOR character and actor are being forgotten here.

I am not bashing Harrison Ford, I'm not bowing down and saying that Mark Hamill is the greatest actor who ever lived; I'm just saying that when mainstream media puts a slant on an achievement that belongs to MORE THAN ONE ACTOR in such a way that people would believe that it WAS a one acting success, there's a problem.

Did anyone else read this? Even if you didn't, what do you think of it? Let's START SOME DISCUSSION!

Okay, I'm going now. For real this time.

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

[This message has been edited by taramidala (edited 03-06-2000).]

16. General CaSS Antilles

Dec 13, 1999
    If you were a....

Oh gawd?.CA?s gonna slap me for this one?fnar fnar fnar redface.gif ?. Gotta be Corran Horn.

Ummm?.A Royal Guard cuz their uniforms are so kewl.

Prop tester.

Sheesh?difficult one. Gen CaSS would be light side. Sith Witch and Evil Queen would be dark, of course.

Huh? Broccoli?cuz it tastes good.

Dunno?haven?t thought about it.

17. General CaSS Antilles

Dec 13, 1999
    Hey Trace, how about some Hot Lava Java? It's very dark, rich, coffee with a high caffeine kick.

I drink a coupla mugs of this per day and it makes me very hyper, I can tell ya! My junior told me last week she was gonna hide it cuz I give her too much work to do when I drink it. LOL!!!!

Hey...any of you guys seen Phantom of the Opera? I see T and Callie were talking about Miss Saigon, which I haven't seen. I've seen Phantom four times!!!

18. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Orders a carmel latte and takes a seat.

Hello! I'm new to the Starbucks threads too. Don't know why. I love coffee, I love Star Wars, and I spend tons of time at the JC from work. -I think I've been destined to show up here!

I'll answer a question:

Crew member for next movies: Person in charge of getting George Lucas his coffee in the morning. That way I could say smile and wish him a good morning.

I love some of the broadway shows you've mentioned. I like the old, classical musicals too: Fiddler on the Roof, Guys and Dolls, 42nd Street etc.

See you soon. Finishes last swig of latte and waves on way out door.

19. Kii

Kii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2000
    hi everyone,

Im sort of new round here, permission to join in the fray? I dont drink coffee but I'm a expert in hot chocolate.

20. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    If you were a....

You're right, I am going to slap you, CaSS mad.gif
    Anyway, WEDGE cool.gif

Vader

Dunno, anything will do

Light

Never

Sort out the posting icons

21. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Red Fox, Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, Kii: Welcome!! I guess we should post a mission statement or something for this thread but, to be honest, I've been here for several months and still haven't figured it out! Basically, we just share "coffee talk" about SW and some non-SW, have fun, and don't allow flaming so it stays real friendly-like!

Barbara Fett: The original MH Poll was before my time, but are those REALLY his answers and, if so, how on earth did y'all manage that?

GAT: Where do you get this stuff?! Seriously, that was a riot! Don't tell me no one else...

POLL
    If you were a....
    1) Rebel pilot, who would you be? Jaina Solo, cuz she's a girl AND a Jedi!

2) Imperial, who would you be? MJ,EH (ducks and runs from Callie)

3) Star Wars crew for the movie, what job? Anything that will allow me to sit and stare at the Jedi.

4) Jedi, would you be dark or light? I don't believe in Dark Jedi.

5) A veggie, what and why? Three.

6) Administrator for this forum, what would you do? Participate.

T: Yeah, MH is deserves so much more! He IS Star Wars!!

CaSS: Hot Lava Java - I just like saying that!

CA: You and CaSS?...but I thought Luke and CaSS?...Ohhh, I get it....?

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came... The Phantom of the Opera

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 03-07-2000).]

22. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Hey, Callie, have you seen the new 3-PO icon?

Just to clarify for CaSS, I saw Les Mis, not Miss Saigon. But that one (MS) is definitely up there on my list of shows to see.

I LOVE Phantom!

Trace: Thanks, darlin'! Doesn't that sort of thing just make you angry!?

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

23. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    ...dp...

[This message has been edited by taramidala (edited 03-07-2000).]

24. Barbara Fett

Barbara Fett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 23, 1999
    Trace: Well, the person who posted them confirmed that they were his answers. Uh... how did we manage what?

Thran: Actually, the third song, "Lovin' the Jedi Yoda," is NOT by Weird Al. Anyone: "Lovin' the Jedi Yoda" can be downloaded in RealAudio format from this one page. If you know the page's address, would you please tell me?

Poll answers:
    If you were a....
    Luke!

Davin Felth. Cool line.

Makeup Person ('cause it would be cool to be on the set all the time)

Light!!!

I've always thought of myself as a carrot. I don't know why. confused.gif

Put the first two Star Wars Starbucks threads in the Archive.

25. General CaSS Antilles

Dec 13, 1999
    *pouting*

Awwww CA/Luke (my sweet love), you won't really slap me...will you?

You know that I agree with you that Wedge is the hero of the rebellion (please, Luke fans, don?t flame me!!!) but Corran Horn?..yum!

Will a kiss make up for it, love? http://www.synapse-project.com/ingrid/smilielove.gif

Better?

Trace: I?ll be singing ?Phantom? for the rest of the day now. My fave song in Phantom is The Point Of No Return, but, I have a soft spot for All I Ask Of You because I sang this at a concert when I used to sing in a choir as a duet with one of my friends.

T & Callie: Okay, I got kinda confused about which shows you guys were talking about. I haven?t seen Les Mis but my Mum has seen it a coupla times. I?ve heard the soundtrack though. I?m concerned that I?d get a bit upset if I went to see it?I cried so hard when I went to see Phantom.

CaSS/SithWitch/Evil Queen/Princess Leia

[This message has been edited by General CaSS Antilles (edited 03-08-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.