The ORIGINAL NEW new Starbucks!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Grand Admiral Thran, Mar 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
  1. Jedi Callie Jedi Master

star 2
    A friend of mine at work tipped me off to this:
    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

I hope this is true!!!! Apparently George Lucas is working on the DVD's for the OT as well as TPM!!!

Trace: sorry to hear you're sick, hon

And sorry to all for being MIA for the last few days. My life has been quite hellish in the past week due to a family emergency, so I was offline for the most part.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Callie (edited 04-19-2000).]
  2. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, lots to reply to and I have to be quick. Here goes nothing!

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>Got my TPM video. Still haven't watched it yet.
    <LI>TPM video came with a SHMI film cell!
    <LI>For all you Broadway freaks like me out there, I saw Elton John and Tim Rice's "Aida" over the weekend. Cried like a baby. Probably 'cause that's what I plan to do with my life, but anyway. BEAUTIFUL SHOW. If you're in NYC, GO SEE IT!
    <LI>I AM GOING TO ENGLAND! Yep. Little old me gonna go study theatre at Oxford with a bunch of British big-wigs as the profs. And they only take 150 people from all over the globe into this so...WOOHOO!
    <LI>Said trip will leave me technology-less for a whole month. No internet, no email, zilch. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>That's gotta hurt!
    <LI>GAT, don't even THINK I'm gonna answer your poll. I have enough stress at the end of this semester as it is -- and I still have 4 weeks to go! Let's just say that YES, I'd be a Jedi, as a Jedi I'd marry Luke Skywalker , and YES I would follow the philosophies of the Force. EDIT: oh, yeah, and I'd carry a sapphire blue lightsaber.
    </UL>
    Is that all? I'm tired. And I still have to read 150 more pages before getting up at 8am to go to class. Ugh. Wish me luck.

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

[This message has been edited by taramidala (edited 04-20-2000).]

[This message has been edited by taramidala (edited 04-21-2000).]
  3. JD Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Hello all,

'Scuse me while I pick the bits of Ewok from between my teeth. There, that's better.

One last one before I disappear from work for a few days.

Jedi Trace, sorry to hear you're unwell. I know what you mean about the T-tubbies. Apart from the obvious videos, the fat little coloured ones are almost the next most played in our house. I get some strange looks here at work when I walk around humming tunes from the kid's shows.

I don't really think we're as laid back enough in Oz to burn our houses down to cook dinner (although my wife sometimes thinks that's how I cook when I do dinner). Don't know of the ad - it must be one for just over there. Sounds a good laugh though.

Let me explain to all about the Saayth bit. Does anyone remember the Bugs Bunny cartoon with 'Belvedere' the Dog. In that one he says in a broad accent:

"Arrrrre yew frum tha Saaaaath??"

Anyway, that's what I was trying to match. So I sat there for ten minutes doing Bugs Bunny quotes until my workmates told me to shut-up, and that was the best match I came up with. Actually that one I just typed sounds even better.

Callie, sounds promising with the OT-DVD, definitely a good enough excuse to buy a unit if they come out.

And taramidala, what can I say but congratulations!!!!! Obviously they recognise talent when they see it. Best of luck with it all.

That's it from me.

Once again, Happy Easter all and I'll type to you all again Wednesday.
    (Tuesday night for some of you if you're up late enough!!)

Cheers
    JDJ

[This message has been edited by JD Jedi (edited 04-20-2000).]
  4. Wormie2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Whoah T, I heard you, I heard you. You thought you'd just sneak that in, see if anyone actually read whole posts, didn't ya? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, you must be jumping out of your skin. I'm so envious, I'm watching my skin turn green. Have a great time, and bring your computer so you can update us, ok.

Trace, thank you. You've exhibited what I always knew but just couldn't prove. Over the counter cold and sinus medicine is evil. Hope you feel better soon. This year, I finally got smart and went to the doctor for a perscription of allergy meds. No hallucinations for me this spring!

Callie, I hope all is at the very least improving for you. We missed ya, welcome back!

Ok, well this insomniac is going to try and go back to bed (day off, you know.) Ya'll have a great day!

5. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
    JD Jedi and Wormie, thanks! I'm really excited, especially since there's been this whole saga going on around it (ask Callie to tell you how stressful it's been, LOL ) and even though I've known I was in for a few weeks now, I didn't think I was going until Monday afternoon.

Unfortunately, there will be no internet capabilities where I'm going so I will have to tell all when I get back.

But FIRST, I need to finish the semester here. UGH!

MTFBWYA,
    "T"
  6. Jedi Callie Jedi Master

star 2
    Wormie: thanks so much . Things are slowly getting better, though I'm still not quite myself. But I'm trying to get back into my routine to keep my mind off things, and so far it's done me some good!

JD Jedi: yup, it would be a great time to get a DVD player to get those DVD's! I just hope it's true!

Trace: hope you're feeling better! And I didn't tell you earlier--your little Emmadala is just too adorable for words! I wonder what she'll say next...

Taramidala: ooh, you got a Shmi cell? You didn't tell me!! And I hope you find an adapter
  7. Emperor Palpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Could someone fill me in on the current conversation?
  8. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Callie: Thanks! I'm feeling almost human now. I hope things are getting better for you.

T: I would love to see Elton John and Tim Rice's Aida, but a certain opera buff that I live with thinks that it would be sacrilegious. He's a Verdi kind-of guy.

And, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's awesome! I wanted to study theatre soooo bad, but my parents wouldn't help pay for that kind of education. Said I needed to be able to support myself in this big, bad world since I was obviously going to die an old maid. *sigh*

Anyway, say hullo to Sir Lloyd Webber for me! He's a weird little guy, but how I love his work!!

JDJ: I like the term "Saayth." It sounds better than the usual "suthern" accent!

Wormie: Y'know - I'm getting used to this bubble-brain feeling! Is Sudafed habit-forming? Don't answer that...

Emperor Palpatine: Let's see...A few of us did Grand Admiral Thran's quiz a couple of pages back...and then discussed the evils of Ewoks rolleyes.gif ...and now it's just chit-chat. Jump on in!

And finally, has anyone gotten their copy of the Insider in the mail yet? confused.gif I know it's in stores, but I really hate to pay for the thing twice!
  9. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
    Trace, SEE IT ANYWAY! Omg, it's so amazing! I don't know if you're familiar with Rent at all, but the original "Roger" (aka Adam Pascal) is playing the male lead and is fantastic! The lead women (Heather Headley and Sheri Renee Scott) were outstanding as well.

I don't think Sir Andrew is one of the big-wigs who'll be teaching. This is more "serious" acting I'll be studying, LOL. I actually don't even know who the profs. will be yet, but in the past they've had Alan Rickman, Kenneth Branagh, among others teach master classes.

Okay, time to go. Later, folks!

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

10. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, I have some gripes:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>WHERE IS EVERYONE? This thread is DYING!

<LI>What are the people who run the Official Site thinking? What's with this whole "if ANH were made today who would you cast?" deal? Call me old-fashioned, but I don't see ANYONE as the original characters but those who played them. And the people they're putting on the poll? NONE of them could do justice. First it was George Clooney as Han and now look at their choices for Luke! http://www.starwars.comwww.starwars.com
    </UL>

And this really isn't a gripe, but...I was watching TPM last night and when the Senate scene came up, I began wondering if in the EU the Senate chamber still looks like that. I don't remember it being described that way, especially in the pre-Prequel novels, but even in the NJO ones so far. Anyone remember in Onslaught how the Senate was described? I'm just curious.

Peaceful Passover and Easter greetings to all.

MTFBWYA,
    "T"
  11. Grand Admiral Thran Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The Evils of Ewoks discussion (TEE) is not over! Mwaaahhhahhahhahahaha The TEE discussion shall continue! I think that we should get "CHAT NIGHTS" started up for Starbucks. In IRC format of course. I have found a Star Wars chat server, please go here to download the software required [LINK]www.mirc.com[/LINK] download that. Then when you all have start it up. From there go to the "add server" button and type this in as follows:
    Name: Holonet
    Server: irc.holonet.org
    Port#: 6667
    Group: Leave blank
    Then click save
    Then click connect and you should connect to it. You can choose any nick you want (please try to keep it consistant with your forum name) and we can actually schedual chats. Lets see if we can do this, it would be quite interesting. E-mail me for any tech problems, you know the address! =)

GAT out
    "Well, if this doesn't work they can just shoot me!" said the Grand Admiral "Can we quote you on that" said his crew.
  12. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    An Ewok just for you GAT... those are horrid top tens..but funny...

ok i am back... yea sorry about the "does anyone care" bit ..i know you do..it was a very long tiring quarter..no...spring break is actually a break before the last bit of terrorizing school where we all get really reallly psycho from tests...so right now i will apologise for any comments i may make...

congrats TARAMIDALA..

ok..my trip was about the coolest thing i have ever done..i went ot Lexington and Concard to celebrate the 225 anniversary of the start of the American Revolution..i tell you u can never really feel how those soldiers felt until you actually walk the six and a half miles from acton to the north bridge in concard, with fife and drum in front and back of you..it was amazing..another cool thing was seeing YANK soldiers..roughtly seventy years in the past..they were at the WRONG War ahhhhh..we had some fun with that...

ok enought about me..how is everyone????

good.i'll be back later..hey JD Jedi.. the fact that you keep saying bugger..makes me happy i just saw notting hill..(yes i know it is british and you are in Australia.) but it is the same phrase right..and hugh grant is awesome in it...(just about the only movie i like of his..)

enough enough..

now for my quote..

A bothan walks into a tapcafe with a gnort under his arm...

the bartender says what can i get you?
    the bothan says a "i'll have a Bothan Slosher"..

"Ok" says the bartender..." I'll Fey'la right up!!!"

hahaha ok i know corny..any other tries????

soory so long..
  13. Wormie2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'll Fel'ya up? Ohhhhh brother......

Ok, I need ya'lls advice. I'm moving, so I'm getting totally brutal deciding what goes and what gets trashed. Anyway, over my days off, I paid a visit to my storage locker where I keep all my Star Wars stuff. Boxes and boxes of books, magazines, photos and comics later, I decided that some of this stuff had to go. My question; do I toss the paperback books. I've read them all and doubt I'll read them again anytime soon. Yet, I'm having pre-seperation anxiety. What should I do?
  14. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
    Wormie, do you have hardcover copies of the paperbacks? And to which paperbacks are you referring?

Personally, I'm the wrong person to be replying here since I'm a MAJOR packrat and I wouldn't get rid of anything, especially if it's SW.

It's up to you, but I think you should just be absolutely positive you want to get rid of them.

"T"
  15. Emperor Palpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a theory about the Ewoks, see first they were working for the Empire, that explains why the Empire didn't bother them while they were on Endor, and why the Ewoks attacked Han and Co. So, to gain the trust of the Rebels they PRETEND that 3PO is a god, but then there true nature started shining through, see when that one Ewok got on the speeder and flew away he wasn't trying to get the guards away, he was trying to fly the speeder over the Han and Co. but his plan backfired. But the Empire made the fatal mistake of attacking them and then the Ewoks turned on them.
  16. Jedi15 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Hello, everyone. This is my first time posting a thread like this, and I must say that it's very interesting. I should start coming here more often!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jedi Callie:
    Apparently George Lucas is working on the DVD's for the OT as well as TPM!!!

Oh, God, I truly hope so! I've got a DVD player, and it's awesome! DVDs really kick the hell out of VHS. And I'm proud to own my TPM tape. I hope we get some SW (and maybe even some Indy) DVDs soon.

I have a question for everyone here: what would you like to see on the SW DVDs? Commentaries, deleted scenes, trailers, what would you like for them to have?

BTW, Jedi Callie, I'm glad you're feeling better. If it's no problem, would you consider checking our our newest Callista/Luke fanfi Maternal Instincts. It's off to a great start, but it just isn't the same without you. We miss you.

Well, gotta go now! Bye!

MTFBWYA

Jedi15

17. Barbara Fett Force Ghost

star 3
    Hello, I'm back.
    T: Actually, for me, that is a gripe. [rant]It is true that the TPM senate scene looked coo, but - and this is my message to Lucas - that's NOT what makes a movie good. Know why you didn't get any Oscars? Because TPM's "looks cool" factor doesn't make it good, what makes any movie good is the STORY!!! Remember the first SW movies? They barely looked cool at all, but they're considered all-time classics! That should clue you in!
    Oops, went off on a tangent. My point is that the EU senate scenes were designed BEFORE the TPM senate scene, so why couldn't the TPM scene have been made to match them? That's what I hate about EU vs. Movies, all the nits and inconsistencies...[/rant]
    Whew, that was the longest rant I've ever posted.
    On a lighter note, Easter's on Sunday!!!
  18. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
  19. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
  20. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
  21. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry, y'all, I'm just feeling silly right now. Must be because it's so late. I should go to sleep.

"T"
  22. Grand Admiral Thran Jedi Youngling

star 4
    ATTENTION EVERYONE: THERE IS NOW AN OFFICAL STARWARS STARBUCKS SITE!!!!!!! YES that's right, an offical site!!!!!
    right here http://starwarsstarbucks.cjb.net http://starwarsstarbucks.cjb.net
    Yes I know the chat menu is really short and small, I made a script error and I WILL FIX it later when I have the time. Please visit the site and tell me what you think!!!! ITS THE OFFICAL STARBUCKS SITE!!!!! I hope you like it!

GAT out.
    "YES! WE'VE DONE IT!!!!"
  23. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey GAT, I like the site! The only small problem I have with it is that you automatically enter the chat room when you go on the site. Is that what you mean to change or is that something else? Anyway, just my $.02, but I DO like it!

MTFBWYA,
    "T"
  24. Wormie2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hey T, I think you're right. You do need sleep. Got a little scary there for a while, I think. Oh, about the books, I have both hardback and paperback. The hardbacks I'm too attached to but the paperbacks, I've read and won't reread (especially the young jedi knights series.) Anyway, I'm just trying to thin the junk in my basement, but I'm having severe seperation anxiety over this one. It's stupid really.

GAT, what have you done? How does this work?
  25. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
    Wormie, I got sleep thank you very much! tongue.gif Besides, the only scary part was the "I WANT the 400th post" thing, which was meant as a JOKE! Everything else was perfectly valid conversation. The only PROBLEM with it was that NO ONE was in here talking!
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.