main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The ORIGINAL NEW new Starbucks!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Grand Admiral Thran, Mar 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Yeah, because most people in North America were in bed! Duh, Ms. Snappy!

2. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    All right, all right. No more 'cause this looks like it could turn into a flame war real quick. I was only kidding and, well, frankly, I can't tell if you are anymore. Truce.

3. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    Ahhhh T, I'm always kidding. When you see a lot of @#$%*&!$#&**@!, then you know I'm not joking anymore.

4. General CaSS Antilles

General CaSS Antilles Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 13, 1999
    Just been over to the chatroom but there's no one there. Do I have to register, GAT or just chat-away?

5. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    The java script won't download on this piece of crap work computer I'm on. I'll have to check it out on my home computer.

T, check your e-mail.

6. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Taramidala: do you know how it makes me bristle to even think that they could possibly think of casting different people in those roles??? Ack! Sacrilage!!! As far as I'm concerned, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher were born to play those roles. I honestly think if any other actors had gotten cast (can you imagine Christopher Walken as Han??? Yikes!!!!!!!), it simply wouldn't have been the same.

That's it from biased ol' me...

And btw, I don't think the Senate scenes in the EU look the same as the TPM ones. Matter of fact, the very fact that they called their head of state "Chief of State" rather than Chancellor is a conflict right there. And dare I say, I'm kind of glad that George Lucas went with his own idea of the Old Republic rather than trying to conform it to what the EU has made the New Republic LOL. At least in this instance, he went with his own gut instinct...

7. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    Ok, ok, hands in the air. How many of you are as sick of this Elian Gonzales thing as I am? Ohhhh, the perks and pains of my job! 37 calls this morning regarding the evils of the American government and the ungrateful behavior of the Cuban immigrants. You know, I'd like to ship all of them (American and Cuban complainers) to some desert island far far away from any phones. Then, maybe I'd get some peace! Anyway, people should realize that this was the only way it was going to end. There are way too many levels at work here for this to be a simple custody debate. Foreign governments that are already at odds, parental rights, alien rights, differing opinions on the quality and value of life and freedom. Ugh! This didn't have a chance in hell of ending peacefully. At least this way was quick.

8. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Callie, the whole Chief of State/Chancellor thing doesn't bother me, because I see it as the NR establishing a different government from the OR. And the Senate set-up doesn't bother me either, really. I was just curious.

Sacrilege! Yes, THAT'S IT! Blasphemy!

Did you read the front page of TF.N yet? Something on Jonathan Jackson you might like.

"T"

9. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Trace: more song lyrics over at the MJFC and a couple of pics you might enjoy!

10. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Yes!!! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!! Oh, Taramidala, you have just made my day!!! Thank you SOOO much for tipping me off to the Jonathan Jackson story!!!! Oh my gosh, ya think I am giddy enough or what??? LOL...

Wooweee...

Btw, I'm ticked at myself for having missed his TV movie last Monday *grrr*. I set my VCR, only to discover today (as I sat down to watch what I thought I had taped) that I taped the wrong channel!!!!!! Bantha poodoo!!! I heard his performance was top-notch though--of course with my luck, I get the wrong stinkin' show LOL.

Wormie: I've been sick of the story for a while now LOL. My friends at the Herald are calling me every day for traffic numbers on the website, to see if it's bringing visitors to the site. I just know I'll have a trillion voicemails come Monday asking me to run preliminary figures for them, oy vey...

11. Grand Admiral Thran

Grand Admiral Thran Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 1999
    OKAY! I have fixed the chat and it is not on the main page. When you sign on type this exactly /msg nickserv register password and that will register your name so no one else can use it. Everytime when you join the chat you will have to type /msg nickserv identify yourpassword . This is to insure that no one takes the place of someone else ect. I know you will get the hang of it. Just log on to our site and go to the chat page. http://starwarsstarbucks.cjb.net http://starwarsstarbucks.cjb.net FIRST CHAT NIGHT IS SCHEDUALED FOR TOMARROW NIGHT AT 7pm Pacific, 6 mountain...ect.. BE THERE!!!!

GAT OUT!
    It's GREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT!!!!- Quoted by unknown cartoon tiger

[This message has been edited by Grand Admiral Thran (edited 04-23-2000).]

12. Bloop

Bloop Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 1999
    Grand Admiral Thran from thread
    Forum2/HTML/003996.html Forum2/HTML/003996.html

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Ewok haters? Jedi Haters? Sith haters? SW purists? SW EU fans....we have it all at Starbucks. I suggest you continue your discussion at starbucks. We are currently discussing all these topics. Its a place to voice your mind about anything and anyone. Oh, and I hate Jedi and Ewoks and SW purists. But..others on Starbucks are the opposite. Come on by, we even have a web site

One Ewok hater reporting, sir.

13. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Why do so many people hate the Ewoks? confused.gif

14. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    Why do we hate Ewoks? Let me count the ways....

Ok, too many reasons to list. Suffice it to say, they're just annoying, insipid, and useless.

15. Grand Admiral Thran

Grand Admiral Thran Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 1999
    Okay, you won't list..but I will
    TOP TEN REASONS WHY WE HATE EWOKS!
    10) They make annoying sounds
    9) They remind me of parasite infected, over grown rodents!
    8) Ewoks- Extreme Warmongering Obese Krackheaded Squatting creatures!
    7) Ever see one eat its own young? now you know why...
    6) They are carriers of: Rabies, maylaria, Star Wars mental insanity syndrome due to thier annoying nature.
    5) The hair balls they hack up are enough to make Jabba puke!
    4) They are racist against humans wearing white uniforms.
    3) They have appeared on a rare show of Jerry Springer in where it was discovered that the whole tribe was interrelated.
    2) They litterally have no use.
    1) Hey, its a fact of nature VERY ANNOYING+Gross hygene+no clothes= Ewoks

Well thats it for now!
    GAT out
    "Go here http://starwarsstarbucks.cjb.net http://starwarsstarbucks.cjb.net for a free cookie!"

16. Bloop

Aug 23, 1999
    Moreover:

They are the main reason nobody respects the Stormtrooper and his ability to fight anymore...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>...an entire legion of my best troops...

Warmongering... you bet... Ever seen any other cuddly looking toy-of-the-year prospect turn a forest into a death-trap overnight ??? I think not...

Their music suck.(all together now: Yub Yub...)

17. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    I thought that whole Ewok ground battle was hilarious. It was funny seeing those stormtroopers getting their @sses kicked. If those were supposedly the Emperor's "best troops", I'd hate to see his worst.

But I DO hate their song. I was so glad that they changed it for the Special Edition.

I'm just curious--do you guys hate the Gungans too?

18. Bloop

Aug 23, 1999
    There is one particular name that springs to mind... but no not really no

19. Barbara Fett

Barbara Fett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 23, 1999
    Thran, I like the page. I think what it needs are bios of the major Starbucks members, reposts of the threads (I have all of the first one except for the first page saved if you need it), the Mark Hamill Poll, and a history of "The Beyonder" 's involvement here what do you think?

20. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    GAT, you forgot Jedi Mistress on the "original members" page! And I agree with Barbara Fett, you should have the MH poll in there somewhere.

Also, I STILL can't work the chat thingy right! But I guess there's probably nothing you can do. Every time I tried to enter a name, it gave me error messages. Oh well.

Oh! Another "members" correction: Commander Antilles was an original member. And I believe you also left out X-Wing Commander.

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey, Y'all! Been away for awhile. It's good to be back. You know....
    I don't why I'm frightened
    I know my way around here
    The cardboard trees, the..

-oops, wrong character, forum and thread!

Anyway, for those of you who were blasting the folks who were entertaining the idea of re-casting ANH, I put in my two cents (and then some) on that thread. BLASPHEMY!!!!
    As for the Ewoks- they still are better when prepared in a crock-pot. As far as the diminutive Mr. Gonzales is concerned, I wish for once the US Govt. would act so concerned about the rights of fathers who live in the US. Oh, and GAT, I was touched by the mention you gave me on the new sight. All I can say is Awwwwwwwwww!-
    how sweeeeeeeet! Just kidding. I do really appreciate it, as does Jedi Trace.

I want to wish everyone a Happy Easter and Passover. Now, if you will all excuse me, I think I'll go back to my training- Podracer training that is. I just got the Episode I Racer game and I am officially addicted. Anyone else?

[This message has been edited by Qui-Gon Tim (edited 04-24-2000).]

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, and one other thing:

T: I hate you. (Just kidding!) Kudos to you for pursuing what was once (and still is) a dream of mine. I must admit I'm quite jealous!!! I guess, for now, I'll have to live vicariously through you. So, do you do plays, musicals, or both? (And if you sing, are you a saprano or mezzo?)
    Break a leg in England!!!

-this message brought to you by QGT- the one Actor's Equity wouldn't touch with a ten-foot poll.

23. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Q-G T, I do it all! Though while I'm studying straight theatre all the time, I think my heart lies with musical theatre. And I don't care what Verdi says, everyone should see Elton and Tim's Aida. It's a different story from the opera. Well, not really, but it's more of the backstory to Aida and Radames' relationship. And it's BEAUTIFUL! Take your girls. They'd thank you!

I'm a soprano of the highest kind. Well, that's what my high school choral director told me. I really need to work on my mezzo range, though, if I'm going to do musical theatre. I don't do opera very well.

"Live vicariously through me?" Why certainly, sir!

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

24. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Happy Easter/Passover to any who celebrate the season!

It's been a busy, and draining, weekend - so why on earth am I wide awake at 11:28pm?

T: I *LOVE* Rent!!!! Adam Pascal is one of the best pop singers that I have ever heard! His "Roger" is very moving! Dontcha hate being a soprano in the world of musical theater? All they want is "belters," and if you do that to your voice for long, you'll be lucky to get 10 years out of it! sigh Don't get me started...

T & Callie: Re: re-casting ANH

A line from the musical Jekyll & Hyde: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>SACRILEGE! LUNACY! BLASPHEMY! HERESY!And that's all I have to say about that.

jade5199: Sounds like you had a great trip! I'm a bit of a history-buff myself. And I liked the ending of your joke!

Wormie: I'm also a pack-rat! And I just spent entirely too much money to obtain the HoT duology in hard back - so can't help you here!

GAT: A STARBUCKS web site! I can't believe no one's thought of it before! Good job!! Someone should mention it to SASHA when/if she comes back this summer!

Welcome to the newcomers!!

Barbara Fett: What you said about TPM "looking cool," vs. the OT not looking cool but having a profound message = Amen!! I think you hit it right on the head there! Don't get me wrong - I loved TPM. But there was something missing. Something that ANH had. Something that made us relate to the characters and really care about what happened to them. I hope we get that back in Ep. II and III. No flames, please. I repeat - I loved Ep. I.

Geez, it's almost midnight and I gotta go to work in the morning. 'Night all!

25. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Originally posted by Jedi Trace: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Dontcha hate being a soprano in the world of musical theater? All they want is "belters," and if you do that to your voice for long, you'll be lucky to get 10 years out of it!

Well, if I get low enough, I can belt like Ethel Merman. Now all I need is some voice lessons to help me not kill myself, LOL!

Check out pages 30 and 31 of the MJFC. Got some good lyrics there for ya!
    EDIT: Nevermind. I hadn't checked that thread yet!

"T"

[This message has been edited by taramidala (edited 04-24-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.