main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The ORIGINAL NEW new Starbucks!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Grand Admiral Thran, Mar 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Originally posted by Jedi Trace: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>T: No, Mandy was not 'dissed! The man is adored in our house! He just makes all those high notes sound so easy!Sigh, yes he does, doesn't he? A good friend of mine saw him in Secret Garden during it's original run. I was SO jealous! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>About the voice classification thing: yes, there are three different "types" of soprano voices, categorized by vocal tone, flexibility and the highest note that you can comfortably sing. Dramatic sopranos can sing comfortably around the high "A," Lyrics around the high "B-flat to B," and the Coloraturas top-off the high "C" and above range. Here's a link: http://encarta.msn.com/find/concise.asp?z=1&pg=2&ti=04C7A000 http://encarta.msn.com/find/concise.asp?z=1&pg=2&ti=04C7A000 FYI in case you wanted to figure out your voice classification!Hey, thanks for the info and the link. I think I fit all of those because I can hit all those notes you mentioned comfortably. Well, I USED to anyway. Grr! The problem with not singing for a whole year!

Originally posted by Wormie2: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
    I
    AM
    Soooooooooo
    BORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm sorry.

Originally posted by Qui-Gon Tim: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> And, believe me, Patinkin is great. The man has natural talent- and that's someting that can never be taught. He has a very natural high range-Oh, good. You had me worried there, my friend! Besides, you REALLY don't want to get this theatre-geek angry! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I've always said microphones are for wimps.You some kind of sadist or something? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Most performers lose their voices because they do not use proper technique.That's not necessarily true. I've had friends who've taken lessons for YEARS and they STILL lose their voices...usually because we never used mics in high school. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Weakness comes from abuse of the vocal chords- straining to sing high notes and achieve volume, etc. Use of proper methods will greatly expand and preserve your voice.Yes, yes, yes, I know all the benefits and the biology that goes into how the voice works...I have taken lessons before, LOL. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Trust me, the lessons, while expensive, will be worth it if you're serious about your voice.Well, if I ever get enough money...I'll look into it. But right now, I have a $4000+ trip to England to pay for.

Originally posted by Emperor Palpatine: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Is anyone else in their Middle School or High School Chorus?Well, I WAS, until I got booted out the week of my Senior concert, LOL. LOOOOOOOOONNG story. We sang "Bridge Over Troubled Water" my Junior year. It was this really cool gospel arrangement.

Originally posted by Jedi Trace: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I'll ask again - has anyone gotten their SW Insider in the mail yet!?!I don't think so...my mother would have let me know by now.

Originally posted by Commander Antilles: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>And about kriffing time!!Excuse me, CA?

Whew! I'm done. Later kids!
    MTFBWYA,
    "T"

2. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Hello all, catch-up time again. The sooner I get connected at home the better so I can KEEP UP with what's happening in here!!!

Jade51999, it's funny that you mentioned 'bugger'. We had an ad for a Toyota ute (utility - sedan with a tray instead of a back seat - truck to most of you I think) and the ad demonstrated in a funny way how powerful the ute was. Every time the farmer did something wrong because the truck was too powerful he'd say 'Bugger!!' This happened about half a dozen times during the ad - even his dog said it!!! The silliest bit is that PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT!!! Drop in moral standards and all that. So much for the laid back Aussie image!!!

Ford picked up on it and had an ad saying that their's (should that apostrophe be there?) was 'more powerful than the other bugger!' But the best one was a McDonalds' ad where they had a bloke who looked a hell of a lot like the one in the original ad, in the same type of ute, with the same type of dog. He pulls up to the drive-through window and is about to order when the DOG says out of the side of it's mouth 'Burger'!!

Wormie, put all HIS stuff into your storage thingy, get your sister to pay for it instead of you, and live amongst your piles of SW books and memorabilia!!! That way you don't have to throw anything away. What a lifestyle! SW wherever you look. Seriously, it sounds like a tough situation and I don't envy the position it may put you in.

One from ages ago: I'd say 'Jedi' is BOTH plural and singular.
    Singular:
    From ANH 'I want to become a Jedi like my father'
    From TPM 'Have you ever encountered a Jedi before?'

Plural:
    From ANH 'The Jedi are extinct. You are all that is left of their religion'
    (or something like that)

If I can join in the musical debate a little..........

Way back when I was in Grade Six (about 12 years old) I played Fagin in Oliver. I had to sing a couple of songs solo. 'Be back soon' and 'You've got to pick a pocket or two'. Up until then I had no interest whatsoever in music and my parents were absolutely AMAZED when they heard me sing on stage in front of a couple of hundred people!!

Never did anything else about it. Makes me wonder now what might have been.

I don't take a great deal of interest in musicals, although with two young'uns I know 'Wizard of Oz' and 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' word for word. The one I like the best would be 'Jesus Christ Superstar'. We had an Aussie production of it a couple of years ago, done as a sort of merger between concert and theatre rather than just a straight theatre musical. The cast were some of the most powerful voices in Oz music (admittedly pop/rock singers) and it really did the story justice. The other day I saw the movie from the Seventies and was sooooo disappointed with everyone except Judas, who seemed to be the only one putting in an effort.

I know it's not along the lines of what you guys have been discussing but I thought some might like to hear another view on it all. If I'm not humming the stormtrooper march or kid's tunes I'm usually picking out something from that.

GAT, had a quick look and like the site!!! Dunno if I should try the chat bit yet. For a start I doubt anyone will be awake when I do try and secondly, I think the network people here may frown on me getting into chat rooms at work. Ratbags!!!!

Enough!! Lunch is over and it's back to the salt mines..............
    (and by the time I actually managed to get this in as a post it was just after breakfast. Thank goodness for being able to start work early, I can type whatever I want.)

JDJ

[This message has been edited by JD Jedi (edited 04-26-2000).]

3. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    G'day again,

Why am I getting the feeling that I'm the only one who can get into this thing at the moment?

HELLO!!!......HELLO!.....hello.....hello......

Once again there's nothing but echo....echo....echo......

How is everybody?

Anyway, what I forgot to tell everyone is that I've FINALLY ventured into the big wide world of EU. Last weekend I read 'Splinter of the Mind's Eye' (which was actually given to me as a present when it was first released after ANH first screened, around '78 I think, so Wormie never EVER throw any of your SW stuff away!!!).

To be honest....yeah, it was OK as a story, but I have to race to get a bucket to throw up into every time it mentions any 'luvvy-duvvy' feelings between Luke and Leia.....gurgle.....gaaaKK!!!.....

Sorry. SEE?? I can't even type about it!!!

Please could someone tell me a good place to START with this stuff. I know most of you have read just about everything, but I want to get into it from somewhere near the beginning of the storylines. Is 'Shadows of the Empire' worthwhile or should I look for something else.

Hello?

From Pink Floyd:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Is there anybody out there?

JDJ

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey, JD, glad to hear you're alive and kicking. Hey You....- great line from a really good song! Glad to hear you like classic rock. (Although, when I listen to what these pups today call rock, I often feel like a dinosaur. Ya know how I feel? I have no earthly idea what they're talking about most of the time. OK, now I feel really, really old!)
    I don't know much about the SW and EU fiction, really. I've only recently started reading them. I re-read all four of the SW movie novels and then read Zahn's trilogy. (Then I took a break and read Angela's Ashes which was absolutely wonderful. I highly suggest it!) I think I'll be reading Truce at Bakura next- probably a good thing since Shmi-52 lurks here. (And if KT is reading this- I promise I'll read Firebird and Fusion Fire, too!)
    Qui-Gon Tim- under threat of attack and possible destruction- now yields control of the terminal to his beautiful and forgiving wife- Jedi Trace....
    .......So heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers Trace

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Callie: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I love those soulful ballads, gospel-tinged ballads, r&b flavored upbeat songs...Ooooo, me too! Probably because that's the kind of singing that I can't do! I also love gospel singers. Not the contemporary Christian stuff (although I like some of that too), but the soulful kind! I've always said I want a *sister* to sing at my funeral - LOL!

JDJ: He, he - another EU convert!! Seriously, I haven't read "Splinter.." because I heard it was not so good. And, honestly, I've only read about 13 EU books myself, but I'll tell you what I can. Chronologically, the first book after RotJ is "The Truce at Bakura" by Kathy Tyers - good book!! The first book that I remember hitting the stands, and the one that supposedly started the EU revival, was "Heir to the Empire" in 1991 by Timothy Zahn. Two books followed "Heir" titled "Dark Force Rising" and "The Last Command" (my personal favorite). I'd suggest starting with either of those - "Truce" or "Heir to the Empire." Mike Stackpole is also one of the more popular authors, but you may need to read the Zahn trilogy for background first. His "I, Jedi" is also really good. There is a timeline somewhere around tf.n that lists all the books and when they happen in relation to the movies. Have fun!

I also love Superstar, but I'm a big Andrew Lloyd Webber fan! We actually saw Ted Neely (aka "the screaming Jesus" from the movie) in a national touring production of Superstar a few years ago - and he looks and acts exactly the same!! Re: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The cast were some of the most powerful voices in Oz
    Powerful voices you have there in Oz...powerful voices!! Some of my all-time fav's are from the Australian cast of Les Miserables: Philip Quast, Debbie Byrne, and *swoon*, Anthony Warlowe! Wow!!

OK, must go bathe the padawan! G'night all!

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 04-28-2000).]

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    By the way, JDJ. Trace and I have a big disagreement about which is the best cast album of Jesus Christ Superstar. She likes the newer 20th anniversary edition. I like the original gritty concept album with Murray Head, Yyvonne Elliman, and Ian Gillan (of Deep Purple).

Which recording is your pick?

7. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    Yeah QGT, I know what you mean. I grew up as the youngest of four kids, so my music tastes generally take in what my elder brothers and sister liked, as well as my parents (believe it or not!!).

So generally I like most types of music from BEFORE Bill Haley right through to the mid-to-late-eighties. (Although the mid-seventies punk stuff lost me a bit).

I think it was around then (late 80's) that music started to leave me behind. I doubt there is very much around these days that can be called 'rock' and 'pop' is a bit of a wimpy title that no-one really wants to be labelled with.

Even my wife tells me I listen to 'Old-Fart's-FM' (a Melbourne station that is NOT called that, which covers 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's).

Sorry if my 'white-bearded' approach is blowing away all you 'young-uns' that like today's stuff. When I can keep up with a song enough to figure out the wordsI generally don't mind it.

JDJ

8. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Qui-Gon Tim: Concept album JCS all the way! Though my personal fav. for Judas is Carl (his last name escapes me). Murray Head is amazing but Carl just does something with Judas that is stirring and thrilling.

"T"
    P.S. YOU MUST SEE AIDA.

[This message has been edited by taramidala (edited 04-28-2000).]

9. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    LOL Trace, thinking about my funeral creeps me out

Wormie: did we at the Callie thread scare you off LOL? You posted once anf vanished into the night!

10. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    I can't really talk today, but HELLO? Page 2? Everyone must have spring fever. I know I do.

"T" goes home in 17 days and can't WAIT.

11. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    Hello all,

Back to work after a wet weekend. I think I should have a big Darth Maul face on the computer for the start of each week and when he appears he just says "MONDAY!!!", possibly with an evil laugh to go with it. Sort of set up that Monday-type mood wouldn't it?

To be honest I haven't heard too many different versions of JCS. The Aussie one a few years ago had John Farnham as JC, Kate Cebrano as Mary Magdalene, John Waters as Pilate, Angry Anderson as Herod and John Stephens (could be Stevens) as Judas. All pretty much veterans of the Australian music scene.

Since it was more of a 'concert' than theatre there were no sets but a circular stage walkway about 6ft wide with the band in a pit in the middle, the whole thing being about 60ft across. Even without any sets, the lighting and the movement of the characters around really created its own atmosphere and easily let your imagination set the scene.

Apparntly ALW was at the opening night and said it was a fantastic production done in a great and innovative way. (Whether he really meant it or was just sucking up to the locals I couldn't be sure)

The CD made from the show cut out most of the work of the two preists (which I was dissapointed with - the CD - not the preists), but if it is possible to wear out a CD then this one is a good candidate.

Like I said earlier, I was pretty disenchanted with the film and the guy who played Jesus, well if he still looks and acts the same way ...............I don't know throwing his hands in the air.

So like I said, I really only know the two versions. In regards to other musicals, I think my wife would love it if she could drag me off to a few more every now and then.

Quick addition, thanks for the title suggestions. It may be time to hit the local library. Has anyone read 'Splinter'? Just in one quick read I think I could punch a couple of largish plot holes in it.

I'm glad that the other EU stuff might be regarded a bit better because this one really didn't grab me much.

JDJ

[This message has been edited by JD Jedi (edited 04-30-2000).]

12. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    LOL, JDJ, Splinter IS rather..um...odd. But you simply HAVE to remember that it was written back in 1979! Yeah, I know it's no excuse, but back then we still didn't know how the story was going to turn out. It's only because we read it NOW that we find it a poor read.

Truce at Bakura, The Thrawn Trilogy, and all the rest will NOT disappoint you!

"T" - who loves the EU. Well, MOST of it.

13. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    JDJ: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I'm glad that the other EU stuff might be regarded a bit betterMost definitely - what T said! The Thrawn trilogy (starts with Heir to the Empire) is one of the best series I've ever read...in any genre!

SW topic ramblings:

Do any of you ever think of what it will be like for the next generation (no ST pun intended!) who will be able to view the Star Wars saga in order: Episodes I - VI?

I guess a lot of it depends on exactly how much we will see in Episode III. Anyone else see the recent "plot summary" on the main page about Ep. II? Darth Sidious takes over, Clone Wars, Anakin and Amidala fall in love. Do they honestly think that any part of that is a surprise??

I'm looking forward to the next movie, but Ep. III will be the one I am most interested in. Anyone else? GL has said that it will be "very dark" and that he is "not sure how the public will take it." Obviously, this is when Anakin turns to the dark side. But how much will we see? Will we know that Amidala has two children? Will we see what happens to Anakin to require the life-support (if not the lava pit like in the books) and then will we see the Darth Vader outfit?

And, if yes to the above, then how much of the element of surprise will be lost to Episodes IV - VI? Will kids who see Vader's entrance in Episode IV know who that is?

I guess what I'm getting at is, the plot twists that were such a surprise to us may not be surprises any more. I'm wondering if the CT may loose some of it's "power" in the future. Any thoughts? Or should I just shut up and go to bed now?

14. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    Sorry, I didn't make myself too clear on the plot holes bit. I didn't mean the overall Luke/Leia storyline, I meant things like when they are getting chased through a thick swamp by the rock monster, running flat out, and at some stage they get separated and the other group stop WITH THREEPIO AND ARTOO RIGHT WITH THEM!!!!! Threepio run through a swamp. Yeah, right! This sort of thing stood out (I won't use the standard Aussie expression here) to me even though I wasn't being nitpicky or looking for them.

(And I thought the end of Darth Vader was a bit wussy.)

But, it WAS a SW story and it WAS something NEW to me so I guess I shouldn't winge too much.

JDJ

15. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    Hello, me again.

Trace put forward these thoughts:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Do any of you ever think of what it will be like for the next generation (no ST pun intended!) who will be able to view the Star Wars saga in order: Episodes I - VI?
    How much of the element of surprise will be lost to Episodes IV - VI? Will kids who see Vader's entrance in Episode IV know who that is?
    I guess what I'm getting at is, the plot twists that were such a surprise to us may not be surprises any more. I'm wondering if the CT may loose some of it's "power" in the future.

Compared to how we feel about the series it will probably seem like one big long telemovie to them rather than the 'epic saga' that we have grown to know and love.

To me part of the whole mystique about Star Wars is definitely THE WAIT. Much as we all hate it, waiting a couple of years for each episode just adds to the aura of the whole thing. The speculation, the arguing, the anticipation.

Probably part of it is that it is ALL one big story, not like say the Superman fliks where one bad guy comes along, kill him, ho-hum next movie, new bad guy, kill him, ho hum next movie???.etc, etc. With SW you watched a story unfold with countless details and intertwined subplots. Like Luke, you grew with the films, from the wide-eyed wonder in '77 with ANH to the 'coming of age' type feelings of ROTJ. Being able to watch the whole thing from Episode 1 onwards would water down a lot of these feelings.

This would be ESPECIALLY true with the surprises in the film. You can imagine the future generations reaction to 'I AM YOUR FATHER!!!' Yeah, OK, so get on with it. It would probably seem like one big 'soap opera' to them. Such-and-such betrayed so-and-so and when whosie-bob comes to do something about it and finds out that they're all related. Sounds like something out of the weekly TV guide. ('from a certain point of view')

Yes, to me the series will lose A LOT of its special mystery for the future kids. I guess we are the lucky ones, getting to see, hear and especially FEEL the story first hand.

Another minor thing (prompted by Trace's opening line), is anybody, or does anybody know anyone who is BOTH a SW and Star Trek fan. To me they're like chalk and cheese but I have a brother in law who is an absolute freak about them both.

That's about it for me for today so I'll get out of your hair and let other people get a word in

JDJ

16. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Trace: I personally hope we also get to see how Amidala dies--sheesh that sounded sadistic, please allow me to explain.

Ever since Leia first mentioned their mother on ROTJ, I have always wondered about her, and what happened to her. It just would not be right to leave us hanging at the end of Ep III without letting us know how this woman we have come to care about already (and will only grow to love even more, I'm sure) dies...

And on a side note, I must say I am very much looking forward to Amidala's scenes with her babies . I just watched Where the Heart Is (oh, where oh where is Padmewan, with whom I'd LOVE to talk about it!!)and Natalie Portman is just soooooooo incredible playing a mother. I loved her when I saw TPM, and now after WTHI, she (not to mention Ashley Judd who was also fantastic) has cemented herself as one of my all-time favorite actresses...

But enough of that gushing

JDJ: I'm going to hear a lot of groans after I say this LOL, but no one says you have to listen to my suggestion *hehe*, so I'll just put it out there anyway and it's up to you to give it a go or not... Though they're not generally not on everyone's favorite lists (was that diplomatic enough, do you think LOL?), I would highly recommend Children of the Jedi and Planet of Twilight. I will warn you, it is different in style than other SW books just because Barbara Hambly is so unique in her writing style, but I personally think her writing is absolutely gorgeous. Her prose is exquisite--I have to confess that's what draws me to her writing. More so than that, the woman knows her characters (she is the only one, besides Kathy Tyers, who has ever been able to capture Luke as I see him--no easy task!). She really digs deep into their psyches and by the time you read one of her books, you feel like you've gotten know her characters inside and out. It's exactly her kind of writing that I try soooo hard to emulate (unfortunately, not without plenty of obstacles though LOL)!!

Anyway, I know 90% of SW fandom would laugh at what I have just written about her books (I can hear JM chuckling uncontrollably as we speak ), but at least there are some of us who feel this way ;-). Give them a chance--you may be in the small minority who'll love her SW books.

And oh yes, I may have failed to mention--it's also those two books in which my favorite book character (ok, I guess it'd be more accurate to call her the "only book character I like" ) appears, so um, I s'pose I'm a mite biased *heehee*

[This message has been edited by Jedi Callie (edited 05-01-2000).]

17. JediMistress

JediMistress Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 1999
    LOL ::JM chuckles at Jedi Callie's little Barbra Hambly plug::

18. Hunter Of Winds

Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 5, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Another minor thing (prompted by Trace's opening line), is anybody, or does anybody know anyone who is BOTH a SW and Star Trek fan. To me they're like chalk and cheese but I have a brother in law who is an absolute freak about them both.

JD Jedi: No, but I do know of several people including me who are fans of Star Warsand Babylon 5.

19. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jedi Callie:
    And oh yes, I may have failed to mention--it's also those two books in which my favorite book character (ok, I guess it'd be more accurate to call her the "only book character I like" ) appears.

And they're the only two I've read where my favourite character doesn't appear (except in a throwaway line about Q** Sux - not a mispelling) mad.gif
    *CA runs off to be sick at the thought of her*

[This message has been edited by Commander Antilles (edited 05-02-2000).]

20. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Callie: About Amidala - I know exactly what you mean! I'm not sure I want to actually see her death (but I probably would have said that about Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, before I saw them) but I do hope we know what happens. It will be nice to have some closure about those issues - and, hopefully, the CT won't be spoiled in the process.

I can't believe it took you 5 DAYS to post about "your" books! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>was that diplomatic enough, do you think LOL?Quite! You are so funny! Do you think we should let JD in on what on this is about? LOL!! And I couldn't agree more about "trying-out" different authors in the EU. The best thing about having such a variety, is that there is something for everyone!
    Ooo, another KT fan!! She does write Luke very well, doesn't she!

JD: Most sci-fi fans I know favor either SW or ST. I like ST O.K. I think the past couple of movies have been really good! My best friend growing up was a big-time Trekkie, 'scuse me, Trekker, and also liked SW as well. I never even realized that there was some kind of rivalry until I started hanging out at this site!

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 05-03-2000).]

21. Barbara Fett

Barbara Fett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 23, 1999
    Where is everybody???
    Well, on the Starbucks members list at our website it says: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Barbara Fett (Science Corner) So you appreciate it after all! Here goes: http://unisci.com/stories/20002/0502004.htm http://unisci.com/stories/20002/0502004.htm
    I picked this one because it mentions a one-year anniversary, and there's another one of those going on right now: that of the Denver Celebration. Was anyone there? I wasn't.

22. Rebel Spy

Rebel Spy Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 1999
    Is anyone going to the Disney weekends? My husband & I are going the weekend of the 12th-14th. I'm real disappointed that Carrie Fisher switched her weekend but we were going that time regardless of who was booked. I would have only changed if Mark Hamill was signed on.
    To add my 2 cents to the talk of how the future fans of SW will experience the films, I have to say that there is NO WAY they could ever feel the terrible wait between ESB & ROTJ. Throughout ESB I was waiting for the "happy ending" we had in ANH but it never came. I remember being so sad over what had happened to Han but especially about poor Luke. The next 2 movies will not have the same impact no matter what GL has in store, we basically know what's going to happen.

23. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    I'm sorry, Commander Antilles . For what it's worth, that mention of Wedge in COTJ is one one of my most favorite (read: romantic) lines in the book! But I understand your disgust, considering it was about Wedge and Qui Xux LOL...

Hey, just be grateful that Wedge appears in other books, not to mention he even has his own set of books! What do I get LOL? Two books, and several derisive mentions in other ones!

Trace: yup, sure am a Kathy fan . You missed it when she was posting on this thread and I was practically tripping over myself to gush over her LOL. It was embarrassin'.

And YES!!! "Closure" is exactly why we need to know what happens with Amidala! She is too major a character for us not to know what happens to her .

I'm just curious how George will handle time in the next two movies. He's said the next one will deal with their love story and presumably end with their wedding (though that's all speculation at this point). But in the next, will we see her pregnant, or will she have given birth already? On the one hand, if we see her pregnant, we get the all-important scene of the twins being born (which, IMHO, should be shown), but on the other hand, if it shows them being born, then we may not get further enough in time to where they show them being separated and Amidala dying, since Leia *remembers* her mother, which would imply that she was at least a toddler when Amidala died.

Hmmmm... This is the hazard of going backward when writing a story . I'm anxiously awaiting how George is going to go about doing all this!! But please, a request from little ol' me: please put in "mommy" scenes for Amidala!!!!! Natalie will be so wonderful in those!!!

24. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Originally posted by Jedi Callie: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>...but on the other hand, if it shows them being born, then we may not get further enough in time to where they show them being separated and Amidala dying, since Leia *remembers* her mother, which would imply that she was at least a toddler when Amidala died.*sigh* What am I going to do with you people? If I had a dollar for EVERY time I've had to argue this in the Ep.2/3 Forum, I'd be a very rich woman by now. I've since given up since NO ONE ever listens to me, but I'll try it again here. My theory is:

Leia is Force Sensitive! Um...hello? She doesn't NEED to be a toddler! The Force can surely enhance memory, right?

To back up my point I will (once again) quote from the ROTJ novelization. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Yet Luke's question made her start. Flashes from her INFANCY assaulted her -- distorted visions of running...
    ~Return of the Jedi by James Kahn from the story by George Lucas, Chapter 6, page 117

As always MHO and I apologize for the sarcasm, but I figured we'd all think the same on this.

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

25. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Callie: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>yup, sure am a Kathy fanHave you read Firebird and Fusion Fire? If not, I highly recommend them! Maybe once Crown of Fire and Balance Point are finalized she'll come back for some coffee - what do you think, Hunter?

T: Well, children are considered infants until they are 18 months old - in this galaxy at least. That's a year and a half still worthy of speculation, I'd say. Ducking behind a line from TPM, <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>We will see.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 05-03-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.