main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The ORIGINAL NEW new Starbucks!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Grand Admiral Thran, Mar 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General CaSS Antilles

General CaSS Antilles Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 13, 1999
    Okay guys...another poll:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI> Tea or coffee...what do you prefer?
    <LI> What?s the weirdest thing you?ve put on a sandwich?
    <LI> Favourite aftershave/perfume?
    <LI> Wildest thing you?ve done while under the influence of alcohol?
    <LI> Strangest place you?ve been kissed?
    <LI> What is the thing that irritates you most?
    <LI> What cheers you up when you?re down?
    <LI> What is your favourite item(s) of clothing?
    <LI> If there was one thing you could change about your appearance, what would it be?
    <LI> If there was one thing you could change about your anatomy, what would it be?
    <LI> Favourite chocolate bar?
    <LI> First ever alcoholic drink?
    <LI> Most romantic thing you?ve ever done?
    <LI> Most romantic thing ever done to you?
    </UL>

CaSS

2. General CaSS Antilles

Dec 13, 1999
    Originally posted by Jedi Trace:
    CA: You and CaSS?...but I thought Luke and CaSS?...Ohhh, I get it....?

Trace, even I get confused sometimes...LOL!!!

3. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2000
    Just to confuse everyone.... hahahaha

Tea or coffee...what do you prefer?
    Both?depends what time of the day. At work I drink coffee?at home I drink tea

What?s the weirdest thing you?ve put on a sandwich?
    Banana and cheese & onion crisps

Favourite aftershave/perfume?
    Chanel No 5, Jean Paul Gaultier, Davidoff Cool Water, Obsession and Eternity. Aftershave ? Hugo Boss does funny things to my knees:eek:

Wildest thing you?ve done while under the influence of alcohol?
    Flashed my boobs while a camcorder was recording

Strangest place you?ve been kissed?
    On the knee at my Christmas night out in December by one of the warehouse guys. I don?t actually remember this happening but he assures me he did this. LOL!!!

What is the thing that irritates you most?
    People telling me I?m not ?normal? for liking SW

What cheers you up when you?re down?
    My beloved Commander Antilles?especially when he does the soft voice thing and the ?noise? that I love!!!

What is your favourite item(s) of clothing?
    My bikers jacket, my t-shirt that says ?Cheeky Chick? on the front, my grey palazzo trousers and my doc marten boots

If there was one thing you could change about your appearance, what would it be?
    Thicker, redder hair

If there was one thing you could change about your anatomy, what would it be?
    Only one thing? Too numerous to mention

Favourite chocolate bar?
    Frys Cream ? I LOVE minty things!!!

First ever alcoholic drink?
    Champagne at my cousin?s christening when I was 4

Most romantic thing you?ve ever done?
    Proposed on 29 February 1996 ? needless to say I was refused!

Most romantic thing ever done to you?
    Being proposed to online by my love.

4. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Taramidala: yes, I did see the Threepio icon, woohoo!!! Now all we need is Han, Lando, and Chewie, and I will stop my whinin' *hehe*

Regarding "Harrison's films"... *sigh* First, let me preface this by saying I love Harrison Ford. I know many think it has to be an either or between him and Mark Hamill, but I happen to be one of the people who loves both. Having said that, I most certainly do not regard the SW saga as Harrison's films. The very thought of that makes me bristle. The SW movies were very much ensemble films, but if you really had to pick a lead actor/character, I would say it was Mark Hamill as Luke.

All right, I can't deny I'm biased in this regard, but come on, everyone has to admit that the OT at least was centered around Luke's story--his coming of age and his journey towards becoming a Jedi. The entire saga may have shifted focus to Anakin, but the OT was definitely Luke's story.

Frankly, the media's glossing over the above makes me nauseous. Remembering the movies as Harrison's movies, and therefore Han's story, is just... Ugh!!! I don't even have the word for it!! Yes, Harrison is a charismatic actor with a presence you couldn't deny even back then, but they were not his movies (Indiana Jones, on the other hand, is a different story altogether).

It's just a matter of who's more popular in Hollywood, bottom line. I guarantee that if Mark Hamill had even a tenth of the meteoric success and name recognition Harrison has had over the years, no one would even suggest that the OT were Harrison's movies and not Mark's.

If you were a....
    1) Rebel pilot, who would you be?

Well, I'm a girl, so I can't really pick Luke LOL. But I can pick the closest thing, which would be to be a female rebel pilot who gets to fall in love with Luke

2) Imperial, who would you be?

Piett, since he was the only one whom Vader never killed or removed from command

3) Star Wars crew for the movie, what job?

Mark Hamill's personal assistant *hehe*

4) Jedi, would you be dark or light?

Light, of course

5) A veggie, what and why?

Um... A broccoli?

6) Administrator for this forum, what would you do?

I'll have to think about that--that's too much power in one person's hands

5. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Hey! Ya'll moved!

6. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Callie: I agree with everything you said. Probably because you agreed with everything that I said, LOL!

Wormie: WELCOME BACK!

Okay, poll questions. I am NOT doing the MH one again -- too long.

GAT's:

1. If you were a rebel pilot... I think I like Callie's answer
    2. If you were an Imperial... Mara!
    3. If you were on Star Wars crew... I'd take anything Mr. Lucas would give me!
    4. If you were a Jedi... Dark Jedi can't exist, but don't get me going on that. LIGHT.
    5. If you were a veggie... I don't like vegetables.
    6. If you were an admin... I have no idea.

CaSS's:
    Tea or coffee...what do you prefer? Tea.
    What?s the weirdest thing you?ve put on a sandwich? I had a sandwich with nothing but pickles inside once.
    Favourite aftershave/perfume? I'm currently fond of Victoria's Secret Pisces.
    Wildest thing you?ve done while under the influence of alcohol? Well, I didn't do it, but I got mooned and flashed by two guys I've known since we were all 4 years old.
    Strangest place you?ve been kissed? I haven't.
    What is the thing that irritates you most? When people make fun of me 'cause I'm a SW geek.
    What cheers you up when you?re down? My friends.
    What is your favourite item(s) of clothing? My ultra-fancy dresses, comfy college brand sweatshirt, jeans, and sneakers.
    If there was one thing you could change about your appearance, what would it be? I wish that colored contacts weren't made for one size fits all so that I could actually purchase a sapphire blue pair and emerald green pair and WEAR them. Then I'd make my hair the darkest red it's ever been.
    If there was one thing you could change about your anatomy, what would it be? I like my anatomy, thank you very much.
    Favourite chocolate bar? I don't like chocolate much.
    First ever alcoholic drink? Strawberry daquiri wine cooler -- yum!
    Most romantic thing you?ve ever done? I once gave a rose anonymously to someone I loved when he was feeling really, really sad. At the time, he didn't know I cared about him so the flower and the note were completely mysterious. To this day, I've kept it a secret.
    Most romantic thing ever done to you Well, the night before I went home on break, this person I've met sent me an email wishing me a good break and that he would see me when we got back. He didn't have to send me anything, but he did anyway. *sigh* I have big plans for this boy when we get back!

Did I answer them all? I hope so, because I can't be on here for much longer. Blocking up the phone line, LOL. Have a good rest of your days, all!

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

[This message has been edited by taramidala (edited 03-08-2000).]

7. Kii

Kii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2000
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> Tea or coffee...what do you prefer?

tea. coffee is to bitter for my sweet tooth.

<LI> What?s the weirdest thing you?ve put on a sandwich?

banana. not very imaginative, i know.

<LI> Favourite aftershave/perfume?

ummmmmm......

<LI> Wildest thing you?ve done while under the influence of alcohol?

proposed. ooops.

<LI> Strangest place you?ve been kissed?

in the sea. boring again. sorry

<LI> What is the thing that irritates you most?

Leonardo dicaprio fans. (they are definitely things)

<LI> What cheers you up when you?re down?

ahhh...cat you guess. Luke!

<LI> What is your favourite item(s) of clothing?

velvet shoeds. hippy but cool.

<LI> If there was one thing you could change about your appearance, what would it be?

perfect skin. sigh.
    <LI> If there was one thing you could change about your anatomy, what would it be?

green eeys. Id love green eyes.

<LI> Favourite chocolate bar?

frys turkish delight. mmmmm.....
    <LI> First ever alcoholic drink?

vodka. origonal and best.
    <LI> Most romantic thing you?ve ever done?

ummm....better not say

<LI> Most romantic thing ever done to you?

ditto the above
    </UL>

ps, whats that funny icon above me???

8. Grand Admiral Thran

Grand Admiral Thran Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 1999
    Okay guys...another poll: What the hell? That my JOB!

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI> Tea or coffee...what do you prefer? Coffee..it is the blood life.
    <LI> What?s the weirdest thing you?ve put on a sandwich? Umm, stuff..
    <LI> Favourite aftershave/perfume? Gravity
    <LI> Wildest thing you?ve done while under the influence of alcohol? umm, no comment....
    <LI> Strangest place you?ve been kissed?Heh, I never have JOKING! No, seriously, umm I would have to say my english prof's classroom when he wasn't there.
    <LI> What is the thing that irritates you most? PEOPLE Stealing my posting rights...
    <LI> What cheers you up when you?re down? CARTOONS!!!!!!
    <LI> What is your favourite item(s) of clothing? umm...again here I shall remain silent (lets say female undergarments..on or off them..either ways its fun )
    <LI> If there was one thing you could change about your appearance, what would it be?Umm....like...my height...I'm 6' 3" to tall...
    <LI> If there was one thing you could change about your anatomy, what would it be? What type of sick question is this? NOTHING, I'm not on a jerry springer show.
    <LI> Favourite chocolate bar? Umm any!
    <LI> First ever alcoholic drink?White russian for actual drinks, a beer for the others.
    <LI> Most romantic thing you?ve ever done? I live in AZ, no beaches, but the movie followed by a dinner at a classy returant followed by a theatre or opera is very nice. (The home part is after that )
    <LI> Most romantic thing ever done to you? Umm...not gonna say such things in this forum...
    </UL>
    Well there you have it, CaSS has stolen my trademark...now what am I dammit? nothing..THANKS CaSS...go find yourself some other gimmick..this is mine and leave it alone! tongue.gif Joking! Just kidding, this was a nice poll..too much info..but nice poll.

Gat out
    And from the heavens shall it rain pure joy for the lord and savior of all has arrived...his name is..Bob!

[This message has been edited by Grand Admiral Thran (edited 03-08-2000).]

9. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Hello all!

Tea or coffee...what do you prefer? [drool] Coffee [/drool]

Favourite aftershave/perfume? Chanel No. 5 for me. Drakkar for him.

What is your favourite item(s) of clothing? I love a black coat I bought at a vintage shop for $18.

If there was one thing you could change about your appearance, what would it be?
    I wouldn't mind another inch or two.

First ever alcoholic drink? glass old merlot wine.

10. General CaSS Antilles

Dec 13, 1999
    eek.gif Sorry, Thran. Thanks for doing the poll anyway.

11. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    T: They've been playing "Hero" on the radio today in honor of the officer and firemen gunned down here yesterday. I see what you mean.

POLL:
    Tea or coffee...what do you prefer?Hot=coffee, Cold=Tea.

What?s the weirdest thing you?ve put on a sandwich? Butter and sugar.

Favourite aftershave/perfume? White Shoulders or Tea Rose

Wildest thing you?ve done while under the influence of alcohol? Disco-danced in my sister-in-law's entry hall this past New Year - WITH my sister-in-law.

Strangest place you?ve been kissed? Under a board-walk on the beach.

What is the thing that irritates you most? Just one? Well, considering the forum, it would have to be that sympathetic look from people who see a grown woman reading a book with "Star Wars" in the title.

What cheers you up when you?re down? Music, books, singing.

What is your favourite item(s) of clothing? Fancy dresses and sweats.

If there was one thing you could change about your appearance, what would it be? Just one? My hair - it's curly.

If there was one thing you could change about your anatomy, what would it be? Just one? My height - I'm a shrimp.

Favourite chocolate bar? DARK chocolate.

First ever alcoholic drink? White wine.

Most romantic thing you?ve ever done? Made my hubby a candle-light dinner for his birthday with high heels and the works.

Most romantic thing ever done to you? My hubby wrote me a song when we were just dating and then, for our 5th anniversary, he took me to the hotel where we spent our wedding night.

Whoever:
    Any of you guys/gals making a bid for that "date" with "Mara Jade?" rolleyes.gif Well, kudos to Shannon for being a good sport for charity! Here's my question: will she get to wear that lovely Peter Pan outfit from the cover of VotF, or the ever-popular black bodysuit and beach towel ensemble?

You'll laugh...you'll cry...you'll kiss three bucks goodbye! - HardWare Wars

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 03-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 03-23-2000).]

12. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    ok here goes

If you were a....
    1) Rebel pilot, who would you be?
    wow..definatly wedge even though i am a girl...
    2) Imperial, who would you be?
    hahahahah...hmmm...Admiral Dala..cause she realized her mistake in the end..i think
    3) Star Wars crew for the movie, what job?
    definatly a gofor..because..that is what i like doing ..helping out..no i'd actually like to work with sound
    4) Jedi, would you be dark or light?
    Light..because ultimatly we all have to face the darkness..to truly be honest wiht ourselves..but coming out of it makes u feel better then ever
    5) A veggie, what and why?
    wow..i don't know..an eggplant-cause it is purple
    6) Administrator for this forum, what would you do?
    hmmm..be very very happy...cause..it would be my job.."i think" to talk to sw fans all day..

Ok..Phantom of the Opera....hmmmmmm.. i am a senior in hs...and in my orchestra at our final concert we get to play a senior solo..i am doing a quintet...a medly that my teacher is arranging of two songs from Phantom..we finally decided ont he title song and think of me....wait music of the night and think of me..
    how do u enable the html?.......

anyway "in italics"...
    Out out brief candle!!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player That struts and frets his our upon the stage
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idion, full of sound and fury
    Signifying nothing

Macbeth ActV Scene V line 23

13. JediMistress

JediMistress Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 1999
    Wow..new place, new poll. What else is new?

First....a Trilogy question. What happened to Luke's little black Jedi tunic thingy? He was wearing it at Jabbas and then by the time he got to Vader it was gone. Where'd it go? Why'd he give up his Jedi tunic? Hmmmm...Oh...and the one black glove that he wore to cover up the hole in his mechanical hand...is that what inspired Michael Jackson's one-gloved look?

Okay...onto the poll:

Tea if the choice is between the two. Basically I'm a big water drinker.

meatloaf?

L'efleur

Wildest thing you?ve done while under the influence of alcohol?Gone topless at a party.

Never been kissed.

What is the thing that irritates you most?Not being in control of my life and career.

Obviously nothing.

What is your favourite item(s) of clothing? don't have any favorites anymore.

There was one thing you could change about your appearance, what would it be?
    Only one?

If there was one thing you could change about your anatomy, what would it be? Again..only one thing?

Favourite chocolate bar? Cadbury Caramello bar or Kit-Kat

First ever alcoholic drink? Probably beer...my dad used to let me taste his beer when I was a kid.

Most romantic thing you?ve ever done? wrote secret admirer notes to a guy for three months.

Nothing

God I'm really depressed now...gotta go find another Caramello bar and some booze!!

14. Christina E.Skywalker

Christina E.Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2000
    ok,to the poll:
    tea or coffee:coffee herbal hot tea when
    cramping
    and I can't remember the rest of this poll!
    ;D

15. Jeannie

Jeannie Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 1999
    Greetings, Exalted Ones!

(And a fond 'hello again' to my friends Callie and JediMistress!)

I haven't posted at the previous "Starbucks" threads before, but they look like so much fun that I thought I'd pull up a chair, grab a hot chocolate and join in this one by answering one of the polls...

I don't drink either, but I do love hot chocolate.

Bologna and black olives.

I mix my own at Garden Botanica -- mostly a Sandalwood base with 1 or 2 drops of other scents...

Wildest thing you?ve done while under the influence of alcohol?

Hmmm... I don't drink alcohol. But I have done some pretty wild things while under the influence of hormones...

That would have to be at our friend Brian's wedding reception. My husband and I were going through the receiving line, and when we got to the Groom (our friend Brian) he grabbed me and gave me a longggg, open-mouthed, JUICY kiss right in front of his brand new bride (not to mention my own husband!). When I finally broke free, he just looked at me and said, "Glad you could make it here tonight" and then turned to the next person in line and just went on like nothing had happened. It was soooo surreal! My husband and I still laugh about it to this day...

What is the thing that irritates you most?

Bad drivers. I am usually a very patient person, but I just get so darn irritated with the idiotic things people do while driving their cars. I especially get ticked off at all the knuckleheads who STILL insist on driving around with their kids on their laps, and not in safety seats where they belong. Grrrrrr!!!

My four children. :)

What is your favourite item(s) of clothing?

Hmmm... my current favorite is my long black leather coat.

I'd get my longgggg blonde hair back that I cut off last year! WAHHHH!! :::sniff sniff:::

If there was one thing you could change about your anatomy, what would it be?

My nose.

Favourite chocolate bar?

Ooooo -- the most difficult question of the bunch! Decisions, decisions... Hmmm... ***purses lips thoughtfully*** Okay, I'll have to go with Hershey's Special Dark bars and Hershey's Cookies and Mint bars. I know that's two choices, but I just can't narrow it down more than that. It was tough enough as it was!

First ever alcoholic drink?

When I was about 5 years old and at my family's big Christmas celebration at my Grandparent's house, I snuck about 3 glasses of the eggnog that was 'just for the grown-ups' (containing copious amounts of rum), and I ending up getting pretty drunk before my parents figured out what I had done... I then got verrrrrrrry sick, too. Blech!

Most romantic thing you?ve ever done?

Gave birth to my husband's children FOUR times. I know -- probably not actually considered romantic, but DANG! I've got to milk that whole childbirth thingee for all it's worth!

My first boyfriend (we were 13 at the time) sang outside my bedroom window one beautiful starry summer night. ***sigh***

Well, that's it for now. I have to run out and resupply the fort (a.k.a. 'grocery shopping').

"I'll return -- I promise."

Walk the Sky!

[This message has been edited by Jeannie (edited 03-10-2000).]

16. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Aww...JM, don't be sad! That makes me sad! This is supposed to be a happy place.

Jeannie, welcome!

Trace, yes, I remembered that you said where you were from one time, and I thought of it the other day. Once again, the world reminds us that it's such a horrible place to live in.

Allrighty, now to lighten things up a bit: IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm all for throwing a virtual party for myself -- anyone want to join me?

MTFBWYA
    "T"

17. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    double

[This message has been edited by taramidala (edited 03-10-2000).]

18. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    triple

[This message has been edited by taramidala (edited 03-10-2000).]

19. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! cool.gif HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TARAMIDALA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

jade51999: Welcome back! What do you play/sing?

JM: You know, I've wondered about that black tunic myself! In fact, he sheds his costume throughout that whole movie. Maybe they should've kept going!

Jeannie:
    I've got to milk that whole childbirth thingee for all it's worth!
    AMEN, SISTER!!!! My daughter is 3, and I still pull the childbirth-card on DH!

"Are you in trouble *again*, Skywalker?"
    "Of course I am. Have you ever known me when I wasn't?" - SotP

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 03-10-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 03-23-2000).]

20. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Trace: THANK YOU!

You said: In fact, he sheds his costume throughout that whole movie. Maybe they should've kept going! Oh, you bad, BAD girl!

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

21. JediMistress

JediMistress Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 1999
    WOOHOOO! Happy Birthday Taramidala!

QUOTE JEDI TRACE You know, I've wondered about that black tunic myself! In fact, he sheds his costume throughout that whole movie. Maybe they should've kept going!

WOOOOHOOO!!! I'd have liked THAT VERY MUCH!

22. Christina E.Skywalker

Mar 16, 2000
    Originally posted by taramidala:
    Trace: THANK YOU!

You said:
    Happy Birthday Taramidala!!Celebrate with Lukeys!!
    My birthday is in May

23. Christina E.Skywalker

Mar 16, 2000
    Hi Taramidala,happy late Birthday.Did you
    celebrate with Lukeys?I would.

24. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    I actually play the Violin...since well fourth grade, i am not very good, but that might be since the only time i practice is to play "Star Wars: Main Title" or "Luke and Leia"...i love John Williams compositions...my sis plays the clarenet though...

Happy Birthday to Taramidala......hmmmmmm

wow.about the Luke shedding the jedi clothing..i have to say though that he looks a lot better in white...A new hope and especially that fighter coat he is wearing at the end of a new hope..i actually never liked the black.....

MTFBWYA..

25. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    sorry about my atrocious spelling errors....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.