main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The ORIGINAL NEW new Starbucks!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Grand Admiral Thran, Mar 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Jeez, I'm gone for....wait a sec....how long has it been? Anyway, I feel like I should welcome all the newcomers, but I'm the newcomer now! How weird!

T, I missed your birthday! Soooo so sorry. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Belated anyways.

Ya'll been talking Broadway musicals hmmm? Well, I've not been lucky enough to see any on Broadway, but I did catch Les Mis on tour. For a touring company, it was actually rather good. I've not seen Miss Saigon, but I hear it's incredible. I've avoided Phantom at all cost. Opera tends to give me a headache. Still, I've been thinking I should risk a migraine and give one a try. Eugene Onegin is playing at the Lyric Opera at the end of the month. Maybe I'll go.

Seems as though I've some polls to catch up on. Here goes:

1. If you were a rebel pilot
    I'd be dead. Can't fly and shoot at the same time.

2. If you were an Imperial
    A no name peon. It's best to keep a low profile there or you tend to end up having breathing problems.

3. If you were on Star Wars crew
    Something that doesn't envolve working too closely with GL. I'd be afraid of interfering too much.

4. If you were a Jedi
    I'd be good, really I would. Maybe dabble a bit on the not so good side, but be good I would.

5. If you were a veggie
    Ummm.....carrot?

6. If you were an admin
    Yicks! That's a scary thought.

Ok, Next....

Tea or coffee...what do you prefer?
    Coffee

What?s the weirdest thing you?ve put on a sandwich?
    Standard peanut butter and jelly with corn chips. Not too weird.

Favourite aftershave/perfume?
    I'm allergic to about 99.9% of whats on the market so I tend to go for the fruity body sprays.

Wildest thing you?ve done while under the influence of alcohol?
    How old are you people? This maybe rated R material. All I can say is it had to do with a drink known only as DOA and a buffalo. I'll say no more.

Strangest place you?ve been kissed?
    Uh huh, I knew this was going to get me in trouble. Refer back to the above questions' answer.

What is the thing that irritates you most?
    People who constantly cough and sniffle. God! Would you people please just go get a decongestant and a tissue!

What cheers you up when you?re down?
    Edy's Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, Bach on the CD Player, a good book, and a three hour bath. All at the same time.

What is your favourite item(s) of clothing?
    My fluffy puppy dog slippers.

If there was one thing you could change about your appearance, what would it be?
    I'd be taller. Looking up peoples noses all the time can get pretty disgusting.

If there was one thing you could change about your anatomy, what would it be?
    Don't know. Probably the same answer as above.

Favourite chocolate bar?
    Hersheys. I go for pure chocolate over anything else.

First ever alcoholic drink?
    Don't remember. It's all so hazy now.

Most romantic thing you?ve ever done?
    I've never done anything romantic.

Most romantic thing ever done to you.
    I'm hanging out with the wrong crowd! Nothing that I would consider romantic has ever happened to me.

Ok, did I answer everything?

About Lukes missing clothing.....maybe he just got hot. I can't say that I really even liked the tunic thing. I loved the shirt that opens just at the base of his throat....the perfect place to put your lips.....uhhhhh....sorry....drifting. Anyway the tunic took away from the effect that collar has on me. Needless to say, I don't miss it much.

Well, that's all for now. See you later.

2. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Why do you all keep going on about Luke's missing clothing?!!!!!

http://www.dmeb.net/introimages/maulsid.jpg

- Some women are strange, my apprentice.
    - Yes, My master...

[This message has been edited by Commander Antilles (edited 03-11-2000).]

3. Hunter Of Winds

Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 5, 1999
    1. If you were a rebel pilot
    I'm already a commercial pilot. I'd love to fly an x-wing fighter as Jaina.

2. If you were an Imperial
    Absolutely not!

3. If you were on Star Wars crew
    Test pilot.

4. If you were a Jedi
    I'd practice Jedi meditation techniques.

5. If you were a veggie
    No thanks!

6. If you were an admin
    I'd promote Luke to Admiral and take an early retirement.

7. Tea or coffee...what do you prefer?

Neither, I like orange juice better.

The rest of these questions are too tough.

"Hunter Of Winds"

[This message has been edited by Hunter Of Winds (edited 03-14-2000).]

4. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Ok the other poll...

tea, with lots and lots of sugar

ummmmm onion rings

can't stand strong stuff so the bath and body works pear smelling stuff

sorry under 21

really depressing, never been kissed, never been asked out..but it is not the end of the world

well, not one thing one person..constantly whines about how she has not friends and well......... what does that make me???

STAR WARS BOOKS

warm nightclohtes

If there was one thing you could change about your appearance, what would it be?
    well, nothing, cause what's the point, IMHO then it is not me...

oh..well if it counts fixing whatever is wrong with my thyroid so i can stop taking darn pills every day.

Favourite chocolate bar?
    Hersheys

well,,,,,,, umm. a grasshoper and a strawberry daquri made in a blender in a dorm i was visiting..wasn't very good, but it was interesting......especially since that is all i have ever had...

nada

nothing.....but that's ok

sigh.......ok......anyway so how is every one..good good, i have to go do hw, since i have a gazillion test on tuesday so
    MTFBWYA

5. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Ok the other poll...

tea, with lots and lots of sugar

ummmmm onion rings

can't stand strong stuff so the bath and body works pear smelling stuff

sorry under 21

really depressing, never been kissed, never been asked out..but it is not the end of the world

well, not one thing one person..constantly whines about how she has not friends and well......... what does that make me???

STAR WARS BOOKS

warm nightclohtes

well, nothing, cause what's the point, IMHO then it is not me...

oh..well if it counts fixing whatever is wrong with my thyroid so i can stop taking darn pills every day.

Favourite chocolate bar?
    Hersheys

well,,,,,,, umm. a grasshoper and a strawberry daquri made in a blender in a dorm i was visiting..wasn't very good, but it was interesting......especially since that is all i have ever had...

nada

nothing.....but that's ok

sigh.......ok......anyway so how is every one..good good, i have to go do hw, since i have a gazillion test on tuesday so
    MTFBWYA

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Good Monday morning all!

jade5199: Oooo, the violin. That LOOKS hard! But I bet the "twin suns" music sounds awesome on a lone violin!

Wormie2: You? A newcomer? Nah! I'm with you on the opera thing. I've studied it, sung it, and would rather swallow a bee than sit through it!

CA: Sorry...ummm.... redface.gif It was tacky, I know, but I was feeling a bit giddy - something about Friday afternoons!

Hunter of Winds: Welcome! Have a seat! Will that be fresh or concentrated OJ?

I saw some Episode I candy in the store yesterday, and all I could think was:

"Moychindising, moychindising! We put da picture's name on everyting!" - Spaceballs

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 03-13-2000).]

7. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 18, 2000
    Apology accepted, Jedi Trace....
    I can't do a Force choke though *sigh*

I saw some Episode I candy in the store yesterday, and all I could think was:
    "Moychindising, moychindising! We put da picture's name on everyting!" - Spaceballs

You think that's bad? You never saw the Darth Maul electric toothbrush holders?

[This message has been edited by Luke Skywalker (edited 03-13-2000).]

8. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    LS:
    You never saw the Darth Maul electric toothbrush holders?
    No kidding!! I MUST have one...for my kid, of course! It'll go great with her Colgate Jedi toothpaste and Queen Amidala toothbrush. (I'm not exaggerating.)

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 03-13-2000).]

9. Kii

Kii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2000
    You think that's bad? You never saw the Darth Maul electric toothbrush holders?

anyone ever see the luke toothbrush from the RotJ era? what I wouldnt pay for one of them....

10. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Hello to all,

I have been reading Starbucks for a couple of weeks now and have decided to post in, well...I've already got a cup of coffee so why waste it?

I guess the best way to start off is to answer a couple of those polls so you can figure out something about me (since I've spent the last couple of week reading about all of YOU)

So here goes:

The one person you'd like to meet...
    Julius Caesar

Superpower you most want...
    Invisibility

Favourite munchie at 2am...
    Plain flavoured crinkle-cut potato chips & Coke

Things you collect...
    Footy stats (Australian Rules)
    Books - any books

Favourite cartoons...
    Rocky and Bullwinkle
    Dexter's Lab
    King Leonardo

Person you would most want to work with...
    Anyone at National Geographic Mapping Section

Favourite musical performers...
    Pink Floyd
    Cold Chisel

Favourite TV show...
    Friday Night Football

Last good movie you saw...
    The Phantom Menace - haven't seen any other movies since

Last good book you read...
    The Stand - Steven King

If you had the power of The Beyonder...
    I would make everybody actually have some respect for their fellow human beings instead of letting people treat each other like dirt on both a small and large scale. Hopefully a lot of other problems could solve themselves from this

If you were a....
    Rebel pilot, who would you be?
    Wedge probably. (Definitely NOT the "Two fighters against a Star Destroyer?" guy in ESB!!)
    Imperial, who would you be?
    Piett, same a Jedi Callie, since he's one of the few officers that Vader doesn't strangle
    Star Wars crew for the movie, what job?
    Test Pilot? (didn't somebody already say that?) No seriously - one of the guys that gets to mess around with all the miniature models and stuff, Star Destroyers, Death Star surfaces, that sort of thing.
    Jedi, would you be dark or light?
    Like to think I'd be Light, probably with dabblings in Dark just to get things done (similar to that guy in ROTJ??..Luke???..someone???.what was his name again?)
    A veggie, what and why?
    Potato!!!! The greatest vegetable ever!! Cook it a million different ways and it can still sit on the couch and watch SW videos.
    Administrator for this forum, what would you do?
    Nothing. I'ts great as it is

COFFEE!!!!!! Tea.....hmmmm..... I think I've heard of it.....

What's the weirdest thing you've put on a sandwich?
    Potato chips (boring, I know)

I wear Brut33 - doesn't seem to have much effect on anyone though.
    My wife wears 'Poison' which sounds bad but the smell drive me WILD!!!

Wildest thing you've done while under the influence of alcohol?
    Tried to steal a road sign while standing next to a police car (successfully)

Strangest place you've been kissed?
    In a large darkroom on my Uni course. There were a few of us being shown something by the teacher and in between the lights going out and the safelight coming on, one of the girls there kissed me like you would not believe!! Lights came on and everyone is standing around as if nothing happened, and I never found out who it was!!!

People who refuse to see that other people can have a point of view

What cheers you up when you're down?
    My two (soon to be three) little girls. They are the greatest kids in the whole world.

My North Melbourne football guernsey (again, Australian Rules Football)
    My Blundstone boots. (We are trying to set up a small farm and without these I would've mashed my feet to pieces long ago)

Lose the gut I'm beginning to get

New eyes. I've had a crappy painful eye problem off and on for the past year.

Favourite chocolate bar?
    Cadbury Chocolate Supreme. They were available in Australia for awhile (around 10 years ago) but you can't get them anymore. Nothing else around can compare.

Can't quite remember whether i

11. Barbara Fett

Barbara Fett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 23, 1999
    Welcome, JDJ! Did you actually know who "The Beyonder" was before you read this thread?

Anyway, here's this week's science article: http://unisci.com/stories/20001/0313001.htm http://unisci.com/stories/20001/0313001.htm
    Weird, huh?

12. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Did I know who The Beyonder was?

No Barbara Fett, never heard of him (assuming it's a him) before here. I assumed it was another God-like type reference.

If it's from the EU then I wouldn't know since I've never read any of it. I was given Splinter of the Minds Eye when I was a kid but could never really get into it since it hinted at Luke & Leia getting together. Eeeewwww!! Never liked that idea. Needless to say I have never finished it. My aversion to the EU stuff probably grew from there but since I've found TFN, I have been thinking of getting into it.

So, who is The Beyonder anyway?

Is it from SW or something else. Considering the many diverse interests in Starbucks I wouldn't be too surprised wherever it came from.

Like the science lesson BTW, although I don't think I could eat a whole galaxy in a midnight munchie attack!!

JDJ

[This message has been edited by JD Jedi (edited 03-13-2000).]

13. Hunter Of Winds

Dec 5, 1999
    There's a flutter of wings as a large bird alights on the back of Trace's chair.

Good morning Trace. I prefer fresh OJ. No, please don't get up. I'll grab a couple of oranges from the fridge.

Hunter Of Winds glides over to the kitchen.

Does anyone have any news as to whether I'll appear in the NJO? I owe a debt of gratitude to TZ for giving me a couple of paragraphs in Vision Of The Future.

Hunter Of Winds glides back carrying a pitcher of fresh OJ in her talons.

Pleased to meet you!

Slurp. Thanks for getting up early. It's a good thing we're living in a space opera where practically anything is possible, including talking to a Bargainer. Checks wristwatch. Oops, I have to run. See you later!

There's a flutter of wings as Hunter Of Winds glides away.

No promises, but I'll try to drop in again after work. Bye!

14. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    JD Jedi: Welcome! Glad you decided to join us!
    About the merchandising....who else here is absolutely kicking themselves that they didn't buy MORE of the merchandising when all the films first came out. I remember '77/'78 when everything was SW orientated.
    My problem is, I *had* the stuff but have no idea what happened to it! My husband still has all his old action figures and recently got them down from the attic because we hadn't been able to find some of the CT figures for our daughter (aren't little girls the best!) He must have about 50 of them and MANY are the originals from 1977. After experiencing an almost-overwhelming wave of nostalgia, I insisted that he put them back in the attic for a few more years. They just aren't ready for a toddler's room yet - if ever!

We do tend to linger on EU topics around here at times, so just throw something at us if we lose you!

Barbara Fett: Weird, yes! And I saw your link to the Christian SW forum in another thread - thanks!

Hunter of Winds: Hey - you got your knighthood!

XWC: Welcome! ?

How about a Star Wars topic everyone! cool.gif

What SW memorabilia do you have/collect/display and what is your favorite?

Recently watched Dead Poets Society and feeling introspective:

"Evil flourishes where it is not opposed, and those who are able to oppose it must to protect those who cannot protect themselves." - I, Jedi

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 03-14-2000).]

15. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Hello all!

Geez, it's been a few days, but I'm BAAAAACK! Ahem. Anyway...

Trace: Firebird and Fusion Fire ARE THE BEST BOOKS I'VE EVER READ! my order came in on Friday (what a nice b-day present) and I just finished FF last night. *sigh* Wow. If you (everyone) haven't picked these up yet, you simply MUST!

Welcome to all the newcomers!

XWC: Is that you X-Wing Commander?

Anyone catch the Outer Limits last night? Thanks to JM's website, thankfully, i knew to tune in.

Well, I'm off, but I'll probably be back. Callie seems to be MIA. Callie, where ARE you?

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

16. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Hey T! How was your B'day? Wow, you read those fast! I swear, I'd name a son Brennen if my last name didn't start with a B - LOL! *sigh* Only eight months till Crown of Fire.

FYI - For those of you who may be confused right now, Kathy Tyers (aka Shmi52), SW EU author, also writes Christian Sci-Fi. http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764222147/qid=952631554/sr=1-2/104-3841447-8129216FIREBIRD and http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764222155/ref=sim_books/104-3841447-8129216FUSION FIRE are the first two in a trilogy she is writing.

Re: SW memorabilia (guess I should answer my own question)
    Lots of action figures, couple of T-shirts, kid's galactic bubble mint toothpaste and Queen Amidala toothbrush, few ships, various EU, movie storybooks, and non-fiction in hardcover & paperback, Obi-Wan (Ewan) and Darth Vader calendars at work, and...
    my crown jewel:
    a Mara Jade action figure!

Sending out probe droids for Jedi Callie and GAT...

17. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    ok, here i am..have i ever said how much calculus sucks!!! Ok, here is the deal, the violin isn't hard just requires, like all instruments one key ingrediant, practice and parents who start you at the age of five...neither of which occured with me..sorry for the double post above...

As for the twin suns music, i don't know which one that is but if it is the one i am thinking of .....then yes it is wonderfull... yea where is Jedi Callie,, hello anyone out there,...

Star Wars memorabila...anything i can get my hands on that is not expensive...pez collecters and cans and stuff..

18. Barbara Fett

Barbara Fett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 23, 1999
    JDJ: As Sasha posted in the last thread: I actually looked this guy up, since we were clueless. Apparently he's a Marvel comic book character, somewhat along the lines of "Q" from Star Trek: TNG. A God-like being who wants to learn more of Earth, eventually becoming mortal, which leads to his demise. Hmmm... God-like sounds good.

Trace: My collection consists of 10 or so major characters in a plastic display case (opening them was the worst SW-related mistake I ever made ), several more figures still in packaging, a few loose Taco Bell toys, and my prize possession - the mail-away TPM-promo Mace Windu figure. Also, I just got a "Tales of the New Republic" book display, but I haven't put it together yet.

19. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    XWC: Welcome back! Sorry, I don't know what else is up with the CT forum. This is pretty much the only one I go to.

CA/Luke: I just noticed the pic you posted. LOL. Very funny my friend. Very funny.

Trace: In case you come here first, CHECK YOUR MAILBOX! And...I'm working on the collectible question. Really.

Callie and JM: Where are you two?

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

[This message has been edited by taramidala (edited 03-15-2000).]

20. JediMistress

JediMistress Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 1999
    Here I am! Here I am! LOL

21. Hunter Of Winds

Dec 5, 1999
    My prized SW possessions are two autographed copies of The Truce At Bakura:a bound galley and a hardcover. Most of what I have are books. A long time ago...I read a couple of books on Han Solo that my sister-in-law loaned to me. Afterwards, I lost interest and stopped reading SW novels. The Truce At Bakura reignited my interest in reading SW books. Kathy is a great writer. I repaid my sister-in-law by giving her copies of Firebirdand Fusion Fire.

I have several Hallmark ornaments including a talking Darth Vader. I also have the BBC radio plays on both CDs and cassette tapes. (One of these days, I'd love to play the CDs while flying, but I think it would be too distracting.) We Don't Do Weddings is fun to play and I recommend it highly. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0553455400/o/qid=953162004/sr=8-1/103-6072507-5855039 We Don't Do Weddings

[This message has been edited by Hunter Of Winds (edited 03-15-2000).]

22. Luke Skywalker

Feb 18, 2000
    Originally posted by Jedi Trace:

Hmm, lots of figures, too many to mention (Wedge is the star of course ), and ships/vehicles.

BTW, does anyone here have the $9.99 AT-AT's in a store near them? I really want one!!!

23. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Hunter of Winds: You have a hardcover, autographed copy of TaB?!? How'd you manage that?! I'd love to get Crown of Fire or "Balance Point" signed!!

Are you a member of the onelist.com KT fan club?

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 03-23-2000).]

24. Luke Skywalker

Feb 18, 2000
    Damn, how did XWC guess I was CA?

Does anyone else here go into Community?

25. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Hi Ho, all! Thought I'd drop in and say hey. By the way, just finished Chewie #3. If ya'll aren't reading these, you really ought to. They're very poignant without being sappy, with lots of action and humor. Try them out.

Haven't seen hide nor hair of Callie. Perhaps she followed Sasha into the great beyond. I'm thinking that this is too entertaining to completely abandon. Sooo....I'll just be popping in and out. See ya later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.