main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The ORIGINAL NEW new Starbucks!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Grand Admiral Thran, Mar 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunter Of Winds

Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 5, 1999
    Trace: Yes, I'm a member of the lady_firebird@onelist.com KT fan club. I haven't been to any book signings. One of these days I'd love to visit Montana. Check your mailbox for the details.

taramidala: Do you have any SF stores in your neck of the woods? A few years ago, the SF store in my local mall had a SW clearance. I bought a bunch of T-shirts and a couple of 70mm film cells from the original trilogy. I forgot to mention this before. It's amazing how easy it is, to overlook SW memorabilia. I've become so accustomed to having it around my place.

Anyone for hot chocolate? flutter of wings as Hunter Of Winds glides into the kitchen

[This message has been edited by Hunter Of Winds (edited 03-16-2000).]

2. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    HoW: SF stores? Sorry, can't answer the question until I know what that means. Of course, I'm probably an idiot -- it means Sci-Fi right?

I would like some hot chocolate!

Wormie: Hey there! Nice to "see" you.

Ya know, Callie could have at least let us know if she was going the way of Sasha! Callie we miss you!

Speaking of missing members...where's GAT?

*sigh* my break's almost over. Nearly time to go back to work. Ugh. Only one more month. One more month...

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

3. Barbara Fett

Barbara Fett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 23, 1999
    Luke: Yes, I spend most of my JC time in Community. I'm beginning to not like it as much as I used to, though . . .

4. Hunter Of Winds

Dec 5, 1999
    taramidala: Here's your mug of hot chocolate. The store in the mall sells all kinds of science fiction memorabilia. Before TPM arrived on the silver screen, the store had a massive clearance on anything SW related. I even clipped coupons from a local newspaper. Years ago, my husband and I met David Prowse who was visiting that same store. It was a real treat to hear him talk about the original trilogy. He mentioned that he had done some public service TV ads for the BBC as Darth Vader. I forgot his exact words. In my mind's eye, I picture Darth Vader telling British schoolchildren to look both ways before crossing the street. Meeting him was something special.

Hunter proceeds to order a round of fresh Coffee for everyone.

If you were invited to a Star Wars costume party, who would you dress up as?
    Feel free to pick any character from any of the movies, books, or comic books.

"Hunter"

[This message has been edited by Hunter Of Winds (edited 03-16-2000).]

5. JediMistress

JediMistress Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 1999
    Last I heard Callie was under the weather so that's probably why she hasn't been here. However, she faithfully visits the Callista fans thread.

6. Christina E.Skywalker

Christina E.Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2000
    Hi JMistress,I had to re-register.I hate when
    that happens. :-(

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Hunter: Oh!...Hi! Thanks for the KT info. I saw her post this morning about signing by mail. I will definitely be sending at least one release this fall!
    If you were invited to a Star Wars costume party, who would you dress up as? Hmmm...well, I love all the Amidala garb but I'd probably choose something involving a lightsaber - Mara Jade!! (Big surprise!)

T: Yeah, where is GAT? He started this revival!

Off to Fan Fic to check on my "stories" (southern slang for soap operas) and Lit. to see what kind of trouble I can get myself into today!

Will somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way!

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 03-17-2000).]

8. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    T and JM: Would it be terribly rude of us to take a cup of coffee over to Callie in the Callista fan thread? I know she's there today...I peeked...cloaked, of course, to cover my red hair...

9. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    ha ha, i just finished a test for my geosystems class!!!! yea...anyway..if i go to dress up as someone..well..i'd go as YODA..well just because (according to some people) i am short...and he is the cooles character anyway IMHO...

10. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Hunter: Thanks for the hot chocolate. No, we don't have any sci-fi stores up this way, but I've done well over the years with flea markets and antique stores!

Trace: Great minds think alike! Actually, I went as MJ for Halloween this year! I've also been known to go as Leia.

This is for everyone: I don't know if you all check up on TF.N's main page, but yesterday or the day before there was some interesting news. You know how LFL has started hosting fan pages on their official site? Well, apparently, if you have a fan site that includes FANFICTION, they (the stories) automatically become PROPERTY OF LFL! I just figured I'd warn you all (especially you JM and Callie, since you are writers), because I was considering moving my sites over to them. NOT ANY MORE! I think there's a petition going around as well that will be sent to LFL to get us our rights as fans, artists, and writers back.

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

11. X-Wing Commander

X-Wing Commander Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 1999
    Testing,1,2,3.

12. X-Wing Commander

X-Wing Commander Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 1999
    I got it back!Woo-hoo!

13. PrincessLaura

PrincessLaura Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 1999
    Hay-dee ho everybody!!!

I´m new to this thread and heaven´t read all of the responses yet, so please could someone describe [K] shortly [/B] what this thread is about?? confused.gif

14. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Here I am!!

I'm so sorry to have gone away--I did not intend to vanish without a trace, I promise. Life just got in the way LOL. Major projects at work, things in flux in other areas of my life, and also I'd been holed up in my computer room furiously writing fanfic (I managed to knock off 2 1/2 chapters in the last week--whatever got this momentum going, I hope it continues!).

Taramidala: a belated happy birthday! I'm soooo sorry I missed it!!

A hearty welcome to all the new folks! Great to see you aboard! A special wave hello to Jeannie!! Hello, dah-ling, I'm so glad you've joined us in our Hamill lusting--oops, *blush* did I just say that? I mean, I'm so glad you've joined us in our, ahem, coffeehouse. Yes, that's it, that's what I meant to say, really. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

Wow, I have much to catch up to, so perhaps I should start by doing some of the surveys...

Tea or coffee...what do you prefer?

Neither, really, but if I had to pick one, I'd go with tea.

What?s the weirdest thing you?ve put on a sandwich?

potato chips

Favourite aftershave/perfume?

Tommy Girl

Wildest thing you?ve done while under the influence of alcohol?

Hmm, I don't really seem to get "wild" when I drink too much. I just get really mellow...

Strangest place you?ve been kissed?

Uh, skip this one...

What is the thing that irritates you most?

When people choose to hurt me rather than trying to understand me.

What cheers you up when you?re down?

my friends and family

What is your favourite item(s) of clothing?

My Old Navy black pants--ultra comfortable and I can dress 'em up or down, whichever is necessary!

If there was one thing you could change about your appearance, what would it be?

If my hair could finally be frizz free

If there was one thing you could change about your anatomy, what would it be?

Though I'm far from perfect, I wouldn't change anything...

Favourite chocolate bar?

Not a big chocolate fiend...

First ever alcoholic drink?

kaluha something...

Most romantic thing you?ve ever done?

I sent a secret admirer card to the guy I was in love with in high school...

Most romantic thing ever done to you

I'll let ya know when it happens

What SW memorabilia do you have/collect/display and what is your favorite?

Oh boy, this is a toughie... I love all my little babies (a related vent is coming up right after this, stay tuned). Instead of picking a favorite, I will just list some of them:

*the movies, of course: 2 boxsets of the widescreen original (read: best) version of the OT, and 1 boxset of the widescreen version of the SE's
    *my CD's of some of the best music ever composed--the SE soundtracks
    *various SW movie posters (although I'm still missing the "official" poster for TPM); a Luke Skywalker poster
    *SW trivial pursuit; SW battleship
    *Luke Skywalker lightsaber
    *Luke Skywalker POTF action figure & flashback card w/ Anakin
    *Luke Skywalker action figure in Tatooine garb
    *Princess Leia POTF action figure & flashback card with Amidala
    *various Luke and Luke and Leia magnets
    *all the SW novelizations, including 3 copies of ANH, 2 of ESB, and 2 of ROTJ (I got 'em from a 10 cent library sale); 3 of the 4 ANH comics; the SW Annotated Screenplay
    *a couple of packs of ROTJ bubblegum cards
    *1 paperback and 1 hard cover copy each of Children of the Jedi and Planet of Twilight; the Star Wars Encyclopedia, the OT Visual Dictionary, and the TPM Visual Dictionary
    *my Pepsi can collection

All right, here's the vent... I keep my Pepsi can collection on my desk at work. I come back to work yesterday from having been sick at home, and what do I find? Someone stole my R2 can!!! What gives??? Oooh I am so mad I could spit.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Callie (edited 03-17-2000).]

15. Hunter Of Winds

Dec 5, 1999
    I guess I'd better answer my own question.
    If you were invited to a Star Wars costume party, who would you dress up as?
    Immediately after I saw the OT in '77 I wanted to dress up as Princess Leia. Today, I'd like to be Jaina Solo.

Trace: You're welcome! Remember to use the force err, I mean, use KT's new professional address. The address KT posted on TF.N is out of date.

JC: I loved your list of memorabilia. I forgot to mention that I have the OT boxed set with the documentary. Alas, it isn't the widescreen version. It was given to me by my husband as a Christmas present.

T: Thanks for the warning; that's good to know.

PrincessLaura:As far as I know, this is a place to meet with intelligent lifeforms and discuss Star Wars. Coffee or tea?

I have time for another question:
    What was the best Star Wars present you received?
    What was the best SW present you gave someone?

"Hunter"

16. Hunter Of Winds

Dec 5, 1999
    oops, multiple posts

[This message has been edited by Hunter Of Winds (edited 03-17-2000).]

17. Hunter Of Winds

Dec 5, 1999
    oops, multiple posts

18. Hunter Of Winds

Dec 5, 1999
    oops, multiple posts

19. Hunter Of Winds

Dec 5, 1999
    oops, multiple posts

20. Hunter Of Winds

Dec 5, 1999
    oops, multiple posts

21. Hunter Of Winds

Dec 5, 1999
    oops, multiple posts

22. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Which SW character would I dress up as?
    Without a doubt, the woman I spent most of my childhood pretending to be: Princess Leia

What was the best Star Wars present you received?

15 years ago, my cousins all saw how desperately in love I was with Mark Hamill (how could they not notice--I'd race home from school everyday and pop in an SW movie in the VCR) and they gave me all their SW memorabilia. We're talkin' trading cards, comic books, you name it. I'm sure they had no idea how valuable these items were, or else they'd be kicking themselves now for giving them to me (I'm sure if the one with kids knew he could pay for his children's college education with the stuff they gave me, he'd be livid LOL).

Oh, and I can not believe I forgot to mention this above as one of my treasured SW items--if I had to pick a favorite, this would be it: when I was 2, my dad went to Japan on a business trip and got me a little R2D2 robot which to this day still runs perfectly. It sits in my closet now, safely tucked away in its original box, shrouded in plastic so that nothing can get at it

What was the best SW present you gave someone?

Unfortunately, none of my friends or family is into SW, so I've never gotten the chance to give anyone an SW present!

23. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    oops... move along...

24. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Forgot to mention this earlier but, Happy St. Paddy's Day Lads and Lassies! Could this green BE any grosser? (And I thought the pink at V'day was bad!)

T: Fun! But here's the question, did you carry a pink (magenta or whatever color that's supposed to be) or blue lightsaber? (For Halloween, my daughter was Queen Amidala and I was a handmaiden - how appropriate was THAT?!?)

X-Wing Commander (XWC was much easier): 2 am! eek.gif Go to bed!!

PrincessLaura: Welcome! What's this about? We'll let you know when we figure it out - LOL! Seriously, we just chat about SW and anything else, although it's been a little quiet around here lately.

Callie: I'm sorry ma'am, you'll have to answer the "who are you?" poll again! Kidding - welcome back! Do you KNOW where I went today!?! At least y'all manage to stay on topic! The MJ fan club is currently being run by testosterone and I've no clue what they're talking about! Although, all those song lyrics did put me in the mood for romance. Think I'll go home and read FIREBIRD again...

Stealing an R2 Pepsi can...now that's just mean!

Have a great holiday & weekend everyone!

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 03-23-2000).]

25. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Trace: tell me about it!! How low is that, to steal something from someone's beloved SW collection?

Stand up, you heathen!! You want a fight? You got a fight!!! Argh!!! I feel the dark side coming on, and it ain't pretty...

Boy am I glad I didn't have my Luke Skywalker standup in my cube... Geez, now there's another one I forgot about when answering the memorabilia question LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.