CT The original Radio Dramas

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by ObiAlKenobi, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Porkins4Ever Force Ghost

I have to say, I am a little upset with the radio drama's....I just listened to ROTJ, and at the end the following conversation takes place:

(Conversation occurs After the 2nd Death Star is blown up)

Leia: (to Luke) "Don't be long brother, Han has to explain how he wants to make you an uncle...."

I mean c'mon, HELLO! Epsiode 7 spoilers!! Jeez....
    CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  2. JediRaver Force Ghost

star 1
    Just noticed there is a big sale on these due to June being "audiobook month" -- collector's edition is included in the sale:

http://bit.ly/10QhKzA
  3. Tala Que Jedi Master

The radio drama's are awesome! Though it was pretty disappointing when I got to ROTJ and Luke wasn't voiced by Mark Hamill...
    Last edited by Tala Que, Jun 8, 2013
  4. MOC Yak Face Classic Trilogy and Saga Co-Mod.

Manager
    star 4
    Just started on this. Really enjoying it so far. Amazing how when you hear the familiar voices you're instantly transported back to the SW universe. The others take awhile to adjust to, but they're ok once you do. Interesting how short ROTJ is. Could it be a case of running out of enthusiasm for the project a bit and just getting it finished by that stage? A lot of effort seems to have gone into fleshing out characters and story lines in ANH. The radio drama is a great thing I think. Amazing how the imagination goes into overdrive when the visuals aren't spelled out.
    Pensive Padme likes this.
  5. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Starting at minute 3:00. I know it's supposed to be serious, but this is hilarious (in a good way) :p
    Last edited by GGrievous, Jun 10, 2013
  6. Pensivia Force Ghost

star 4
    I enjoyed that, thx for posting. It is funny how they have to come up with ways to translate what is communicated purely visually in the films to the audio-only format...
  7. leiamoody Force Ghost

star 4
    I think the brevity of the ROTJ adaptation had more to do with Brian Daley suffering from cancer at the time he wrote the script. He died not long after the recording sessions were completed.
  8. MOC Yak Face Classic Trilogy and Saga Co-Mod.

Manager
    star 4
    Oh, ok. Didn't realise that. Makes sense.
  9. MOC Yak Face Classic Trilogy and Saga Co-Mod.

Manager
    star 4
    I'm loving the extended scenes in this. Adds a lot of depth to what's there in the films. The discussion between Luke and Ben about Han's hidden depths and the extended lightsabre training on the Falcon are great.