main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Origins of the Human Species - Evolution or Genetic Engineering?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Sep 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Jedi-Smith

Master-Jedi-Smith Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    I too have read and watch shows that claim such things have happened as well.

In fact, that type of stuff still goes on today.

But you asked why did we become the way we did, and say, cats didn't?

By chance I suppose.

Latre! :D

2. Lord_Darth_Bob

Lord_Darth_Bob Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    One more thing:

The title of the thread is misleading. Neaderthals are part of our species (Homo sapiens) but you portray us as not being evolutionararily developed from them.

Why don't Neaderthals have tails? Or stronger defense? Or anything you say about modern humans yet refuse to awknowledge in your book and post Neaderthals and humans are of the same species.

3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Oh and there is a tribe in Africa that can give you just about every detail of Sirus A and B. A tribe that has no knowledge of astronomy and claim that someone from Sirus A & B came down from the sky and told them.

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Why dont they?

The book also speculates that they were also part of the experiment. They didn't like the result and scrapped it.

I dont exactly remember which sub-species it is, but they just suddenly disappeared. As if they were wiped out. I think a couple of them were wiped out suddenly.

5. Lord_Darth_Bob

Lord_Darth_Bob Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    Then why are Neaderthals suited well for their era? Why do they fit their naturally surviving environment if we lived in alien test tubes or were their slave race? Theirs no evidence so show aliens have conclusively been here and done this, just circumstancial irregularities in evolutionary and prehistory speculation.

6. TOUCHPUMP

TOUCHPUMP Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    The point is why do they still have them? What good are they? If evolution got rid of ours because we dont use them for movement, then why did it have the other animals keep theres?
    Communication?
    Ours could have been used the same way, so why get rid of it?
    Balance?
    The only animals I know of that uses it for balance is the Cheetah and the Kangaroos and thats because it runs/hops at high speeds.

Primates use tails for balance, cats for balance, reptiles to swim, many mammals use it to change direction at high speed, dogs use them to express emotions. If I knew more about animals I could go on and on.

7. rsterling78

rsterling78 Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2002
    [image=http://ufo.aceonline.com.au/pictsect/aliens/alien00.jpg]
    Is this the face of our creator?
    Is this the species who engineered our own?
    Is this a look into our distant past...and perhaps also our uncertain future?

Uh...no, it's just some second-rate, injection-molded plastic mask.

8. TK8274

TK8274 Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2002
    CmdrMitthrawnuruodo-" Call me wacko, but I can't ignore the evidence that proves this theory to be fact."

You WACKO!!! :)

9. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    I think some people have misconceptions about the nature of evolution.

First, we do not descend from apes, we share a common ancestor with apes. The reason that we do not have tails and some primates do: we evolved from a common ancestor of the ape without tails because they did not suit us in our particular niche. Or they were obsolete as human ancestors developed opposable thumbs. The tails were still useful to other primates that descended from that common ancestor.

10. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I find this thread interesting. Posters here are providing very little evidence that debunks evolution, and no evidence to support genetic engineering by aliens.

Oh and there is a tribe in Africa that can give you just about every detail of Sirus A and B. A tribe that has no knowledge of astronomy and claim that someone from Sirus A & B came down from the sky and told them.

PPOR thanks.

I think some people are clutching at straws here :)

M

11. obhavekenobi78

obhavekenobi78 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    Why do men have nipples?

12. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    obhavekenobi78 I think its because human embryos develop mammary tissue before their sex is decided. Only if the embryo become female do breasts develop (or at least the capability of lactation)

M

edit: adding link here

13. obhavekenobi78

May 20, 2002
    Then why don't I have ovaries?

14. Darth_OlsenTwins

May 18, 2002
    Why do men have nipples?

So we have somewhere to hang our nipple clamps.

*Taps microphone*

"Is this thing on?"

15. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    Both boys and girls appear to be anatomically identical for the first 10-15 weeks after conception. By that time the tissue that eventually forms the nipples is already formed. Later, boys and girls start to develop differently and continue to develop their sexual characteristics after birth. They both retain nipples but only females develop breasts at puberty.

sexual reproductive organs appear after the 10-15 weeks, hence you have nipples, but not ovaries

M

16. obhavekenobi78

May 20, 2002
    Okay, cool. So, can I get rid of my nipples then?

17. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    erm, I think you could have them removed by a surgeon.

but as Darth_OslenTwins suggests, where would the nipple clamps go then ?

M

18. obhavekenobi78

May 20, 2002
    I could care less where his nipple clamps go as long as he keeps them away from me.

19. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    perhaps a more appropriate question would have been "why do we have an appendix?"

I'm sure you know that you have one, unless it got inflamed, and you had it removed.

The general idea (note, idea not fact), is that it was part of the large intestine that was important for digesting a more leafy, woody diet (like that of apes) that we no longer consume.

Perhaps it is evidence of evolution, yet we can't prove it

M

20. Darth_OlsenTwins

May 18, 2002
    I could care less where his nipple clamps go as long as he keeps them away from me.

What if they were heated or lubricated?

Still, no?

21. obhavekenobi78

May 20, 2002
    That's a negative.

<---playing hard to clamp.

22. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I like the ones with tassles on the end

M

p.s. are we thread killing?

23. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Yes. Back on the subject, please :).

24. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I feel my appendix comment was back in topic. However, I really don't think this thread has any grounding.

There is evidence to support evolution, and no evidence to support the involvement of an outside influence.

I think some-one perhaps read 2001 at the weekend and got carried away.

M

25. JediTre11

JediTre11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    There was a show on Discovery on this topic. It profiled the oddly shaped skulls, specifically the one with 10 teeth and narrow eye sockets. What interested me was the bone density of the skull. The skull had a uniform density less than that of any species on record. I say uniform density because to the scientists it didn't look to be a diseased skull like the elephant man's skull which did not have such a characteristic.

Now a conclusion that I would draw from this bone density is that the original owner of the skull was born in space, or perhaps spent a good amount of time there. Studies of long term zero g environments point to the weakening of muscles and bones. Other conclusions might include a flying primate or a primate that may have taken to water and was losing its bones, but without more skeletons it is easier to support the introduction of the skull rather than the evolution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.