main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Origins of the Human Species - Evolution or Genetic Engineering?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Sep 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_SnowDog

Darth_SnowDog Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Then why don't I have ovaries?

Because you have testicles. :D

2. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    It's a fun conspiracy theory of sorts, but I don't think the evidence points to alien intervention or creation. But it's fun to blame the aliens. So should I start saying "ET dammit" instead of "God" when I stub my toe?

Of course one must wonder about the rumors of atlantis, or how the Myans were able to perform brain surgery, or how S. American Indians were able to forge copper to be able to conduct more electricy more efficiently than gold or steel. Despite this, we shouldn't sell mans ingenuity short.

I will say that the pyramid special last week where they found the "master builder" of the pyramid. I don't think that's any evidence at all that proves the pyramids were built by man. I think they were built by man, but the discovery of a skull is hardly evidence of mans handywork.

3. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    ok, I'll bite :)

If we are the result of a genetic experiment by aliens, then where did they come from ?
    I don't mean which planet.......I mean, where did the evolve from ? or do they themselves have a creater and so on

M

4. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    I don't think there is any evidence that we were genetically engineered. There is nothing different about the way we evolved than any other species on the planet. For a while, it was believed that we were somehow "unique" and "special" because the fossils of our ancestors appeared to come from a single species of origin, the famous "Lucy", Australopithecus afarensis. We seemed to lack something that was found in every other species' evolutionary tree ? diversity.

That was until Kenyanthropus platyops was discovered, a primate fossil that confirms there were multiple species alive at the time of "Lucy" (about 3.5 million years) that could possibly be our ancestor. Because of this, our family tree no longer has a long, linear branch. Our evolution is completely ordinary.

5. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    It's funny to entertain the idea about being engineered, but at the end of the day, I don't believe it.

6. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Guys you should entertain yourselves and watch "Chariots of the Gods" it's like a DOCO from the 60's on this topic.

I'm not saying you have to believe in it but aleast it's Interesting.

7. Master-Aries

Master-Aries Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    At the end of the day there are greater environmental similarities between Humans and other species for example, if man was genetically engineered I believe the creators would have made man more efficient in the consuming of food not making him so dependant on it, all animals require some form of symbiotic relationship with bacteria in order to break down food, we all breath air we are warm blooded.

The composition of blood as a whole is similar to most species so the personal modifications the Aztecs made where in my point of view rather barbaric as they were by nature, the Elephant man suffered from Neurofibromatosis in combination with Muscular Dystrophy hence the deformed skeletal structure.

There are distinctive similarities that clearly show that man has adapted to the environmental changes on earth if man had been created on another planet his existence would have been very short, the viruses and bacteria would have found ways to infect and destroy man before being able to adapt, there are just too many environmental aspects that would have been needed to take into consideration in order for man to exist here on earth.

Unfortunately the knowledge of other worlds is not know to us so one can only assume what may or may not be on other planets, it comfortable to think that there is an overall similarity that may exist in this universe, the theory can not be rejected but in the same light can not even for a moment be considered as potential fact due to a complete lack of factual knowledge.

Granted the evolutionary aspect of life is questionable due to several reasons, as in the same breath so is Religion, but at the end of the day we here now and there dire problems at hand that may stop us short before we can truly know ones true origins in life.

Simply put, are we as a people ready for the truth, and if we knew what would be the ramifications of such a discovery.

Sincerely

Master-Aries
    (MA)

8. atomik911

atomik911 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2002
    I kinda have a hard time beleiving some of this stuff but I have an even harder time beleiving in only what we know today.

There is more out there. Some information is wrong, some is right, some is missing, some is proven, some is yet to be found or even pondered about.

If there is a race of aliens that look like our classic or "cone head" alien that we've seen, than I think it's more than co-incidence that we look similar to them.

9. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Actually I can buy into Mitth's theory. We've discussed this before and have similar ideas on this. Whereas I believe we were a space-faring race that landed here and forgot about our past. Hey, anything's possible if you can believe it. Why is this planet the only inhabitable one in our solar system? Why did the dinosaurs suddenly disappear? I know these questions have been 'answered' already. But with enough imagination the answers you've been given can be false.

As to the tailbone comment. In the early stages of development it's been shown that fetuses have a tail and gills. Kinda uhh...fishy, don't ya think? ;)

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Human ancestors were fish billions of years ago.

11. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    That could be the case. There are numerous theories out there. And I think Mitth decided to exclude the creationists because we already know their side of it. Then again, that's just what I read into his first post.

12. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Interesting, but remember Pravda used to be the state propaganda machine for the former USSR. (Also, look at some of the forum topics listed on the upper right hand bar... racism doesn't seem to be censored.)

13. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    Deleted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.