main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The origins of your screen name . . .

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    So many people with such interesting screen names - I'm just curious as to how some of you came up with your names, so please do tell! I guess I'll start.

I read somewhere that one way to come up with your Star Wars name (and there are a hundred different versions of this thing), was to take the first three letters of the name you go by - DAL - to use as your first name. Then the car you drive would be your last name - INTREPID. If you wanted to get long-winded with it, you could take the name of a drug you took and use that as the name of the system you are from. For instance, I take some cholesterol medicine, so I could be Dal-Intrepid of the Zocor System. But I only used Dal-Intrepid here.

So how did you get your screen name?

2. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    I actually have mine from German class in college. We had to pick a German name for class, and I saw in my textbook that Tristan was a popular German name. I took that name and pretty much applied it to eveything I do, I try to keep it the same for eveything so everyone recongnizes me.

I read online one day that to make you Star Wars name you take the first 3 letters of you last name and the first 2 from your first name to make your first Star Wars name. Then you would take the frist 2 letters of your mothers madien name and then the first 3 letters of the city you were born in for your last name. Mine would be:

Smida Thspr.

Looks like a weird alien name maybe?

Dale

3. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    For your version Dal I would be Nat-Ranger from the Cipro System. For the other version I would be Doena Mecon. My actual screenname Jedi_Natalie came from being very unimaginative. I really think I was in a hurry at the time because usually on boards I go by ShadowGuard or HurricaneJedi - either of which I would rather have.

When I did Dungeons & Dragons my character name was Shadow - so I typcially have Shadow in my board names.

4. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    My other one would be:

Dal-Trailblazer from the loriset system

5. Darth_Roger

Darth_Roger Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2003
    Going by the first one my name would be:

Rog--SportTrac of the Crack System

Going by the second, it would be:

Hobro Jonor

But the one I made up was Darth_Roger. My name is Roger. I was feeling evil the night I came up with it. What can I say?

6. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    Boba_Fett_of_Nine came from my love of Wars and Trek. Boba Fett is my fave baddie from Wars and Seven of Nine is my fave character from Trek. Just kinda came out of no where...

using Dalton's formula....

Rob-Nothing

(no car...hahaha)

7. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Dal, for your formula, I would be: Kev Silverado (I'm not on any medication) the name sounds pretty cool. Sounds like a hired gun, maybe a bounty hunter. for the other I would be: Hilke Jolaf (sounds stupid)

I came up with my last name by taking the first 2 letters of my 1st name and the last letter of my last name. For my screen name's first name I rearranged my first name.

Jedi Master Vinek Kel my padawan learner's name is Xander Kel (my son)

I'm really a Supreme Sith Lord, but I didn't want everyone to know my intentions of taking over the galaxy, so I am undercover as a Jedi Master.

JMK

8. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
  9. Lt_Commander_Data

Lt_Commander_Data Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2003
    Mine is an easy guess, my love of Star Trek Data rocks!!!

Ps- Gonna do a Beavis/Butthead kinda parody thing cept on a site about Data and Spock being like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.