main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The OT is very emotional

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Salacious_B_Crumb, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salacious_B_Crumb

Salacious_B_Crumb Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    Okay, before I get flamed for stating the obvious, I would like to say that this topic is being brought up because I relised that the OT is VERY emotional. Anyways, I had not watched the OT for a long time (a little over a year I think), and today I popped in ANH and I almost cried about four times (could have been more). Then, after ANH was done I watched ESB for a while (I stoped due to time consideration), but I noticed about the same occurence (I stoped it before Luke left Dagobah). I don't remember this ever happening before, so I could have been the relativly immense time span between watching the movies (and that I was too young to be emotionally affected by Star Wars when I first watched it). I think that it has a lot to do with John Williams' musical abilities, but it happened during scenes with no music too. If anyone else has experienced this as well, describe what the scenes that were very emotional to (I will do so later as well).

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Anyways, I had not watched the OT for a long time (a little over a year I think),

Well, THAT'LL help make it cause an impact... :eek:

I couldn't imagine going a year without any one SW film! Let alone half the saga!

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. gator

gator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
    I agree th OT is very emotional. For me its a combination of both the films themselves and the fact that having grown up with them, the characters seem like old friends and that I get subconsciously reminded of various moments of my own life.

4. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    I don't think that the OT is excessively emotional. However, I believe that the PT lacks sufficient sincere emotion, so since we're so used to watching the PT, now the OT looks "very emotional".

5. generallee5

generallee5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2003
    Yep. Its was the same way with me when I hadn't seen ANH for about 5 months. I'd fogotten it was as good as it was. Man I got a fellin I havn't felt ion a while with Star Wars movies. Soon I plan to watch ROTJ, which I havn't seen for 3 months, so I hope that feeling of action and pure awesomness comes back.

6. DARTHBROKER

DARTHBROKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2001
    ROTJ is one of the most emotional flicks I've ever seen. There are three parts in it that have stood out since the first time I saw it 20 yrs ago:

1. The death of Yoda
    2. The death of that Ewok and his buddy tries to get him back up and going only to realize he's dead
    3. Death of Vader / Burning of the suit in the pyre on Endor

Damn. Thinking about it is choking me up.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree, the OT is very emotional. When I watch the movies now, I get teary-eyed at scenes I never did when I was younger. Like when I watched ROTJ last, there were many scenes where I got teary-eyed including Anakin's Death, the funeral pyre scene and the ending celebration. I just feel so much closer to the OT characters. They feel like family sometimes.

8. Marbe

Marbe Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    DARTHBROKER: Well, some of the ewoks had to die. There's a huge overpopulation problem with the little midgets (as in, there's more than one of them).

9. DARTHBROKER

DARTHBROKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2001
    MARBE: True about the Ewoks. But still sad nonetheless. Personally, I would have like to have seen that dude who rides shotgun with Lando in the Falcon during the Death Star attack meet his maker...but that's another thread.

10. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Only one Ewok died in the enitre battle, and people complain it's too many?

11. gold-finger

gold-finger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2003
    the end of empire is emotional to me. the music or something..

12. Salacious_B_Crumb

Salacious_B_Crumb Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    Personally, I would have like to have seen that dude who rides shotgun with Lando in the Falcon during the Death Star attack meet his maker...but that's another thread.

You can't kill off Nien Nunb, he is too cool to be killed off.

13. gold-finger

gold-finger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2003
    what would be the point in killing him? i laughed when i read that for some reason though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.