main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The OT Trivia Challenge: Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Dark Lady Mara, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Me= getting post 150 in this thread.

2. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I think we should have a new thread for the actual game. Then this thread can be deleted.

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Why deleted when it could be locked?

4. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    There will be no need for this thread and I don't like clutter. There's too much clutter on the JC now as it is.

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I agree Salty, on both points. I don't want to have to go to page 4 in order to see the first question for the game.

6. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Yeah, I'd agree that the game should have its own thread. I'll post one tomorrow.

7. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    *****Classic Trilogy Trivia Contest*****

Rules

-The questions will come from a variety of sources but they all relate to the Original Trilogy. No aspect of the Original Trilogy is too minute. If it appears the questions are way too easy, I'll search for harder and harder questions.

-Only the questions and the list of people who got a question either right or wrong will be in the thread. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNTIL THE NEXT SIGN-UP PERIOD BEGINS!

-People will have 2 days to answer the question. They should PM the answer to me. No answers will be taken once the 2 days is up. The time starts as soon as the question is posted.

-Once the 2 days is over or everyone has responded to me via PM, the answer along with who got it right and wrong will be posted. Please pay attention to the thread so you don't miss a question.

-The next question will immediately follow the posting of who was right or wrong.

-We'll keep going until only one person is left. If you get the question wrong or don't answer at all, you will be banned for 24 hours and eliminated from the game. You may still post with a sock during this 24 hours. NOTE: GIVEN "DARTH-STRYPHE'S" POSITION AS CITY REP, HE WILL NOT BE BANNED. HE WILL BE TEMPORARILY DEMOTED. AS A FORMER CITY REP, I UNDERSTAND THE NEED FOR THE CITY REPS TO BE VISIBLE ON THE JC AND HAVE THE ABILITY TO GET INTO THE PRIVATE CITY REP FORUM.

-The last person standing will get VIP-ship and a custom title for 1 week. That person will be able to use whatever color combination they choose. The only thing I ask is that the winner doesn't change their colors every hour. Please don't abuse this prize.

-The winner of a game can participate in the next game unless it gets to be a case where there's only one winner every time. If that happens, I'll prevent that person from playing a couple of games.

-If there's a controversial question that may have multiple answers, I have the final say. I assure you I will be as fair and accurate as possible.

Contestants

1. ratmankey
    2. slavegirl
    3. MeBeJedi
    4. Errant_Venture
    5. Qonas
    6. TheWombat
    7. finster_the_hutt
    8. dArTh_wenley
    9. Sara_Kenobi
    10. flying_fishi
    11. jedi_master_ousley
    12. Sith_241
    13. yodahs-daddy
    14. Darth-Stryphe
    15. Tayschrenn

This is my first time doing this, so please make suggestions on how this game can run better. I'd like feedback during the game and after the first game is done, so we can improve for the next game. It's cool to be doing this and I hope we all have a good time. [b]DLM[/b], this is ready to go in the new thread when you're ready.[hr]

8. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US!!! :D

[Han] Yee-haw! [/Han]

9. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    Everyone still has about a day and a half to look around and brush up on their skills. The first question will be posted at 12:00PM (High Noon) EST on Monday.

10. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Looks good to me. :) We'll probably find out what needs changing as we go along.

11. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Is the ban from the OT board only or from the entire boards? I a FF officer, so is there a way to not get banned from my FF board?

12. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    That's what I'm hoping. My only real concern is the questions being too easy. These movies and all sorts of infomation about the movies, actors, and time spent on set have been around for years and years. It's going to be tough to find questions people don't know and can't readily find.

The only privilege I'm extending is to Darth-Stryphe because he is a City Rep. Everyone else will have the name they signed up to play the game with banned for 24 hours if they get an answer wrong or miss a question. KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO POST WITH A SOCK DURING THAT 24 HOURS.

13. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    There's no way to ban a person from just one board, but you can still use a sock to post when you have a game ban. :)

14. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    The ban will be from the entire JC.

15. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    That sucks for the people that don't use socks... :( Oh well, it comes with playing the game. :)

This all sounded good until you had to go and mention behind the scenes trivial facts, like how many prop lightsabers were used. :mad:

Oh, and the rules sound fair. :)

16. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    [face_laugh]

Don't worry. I won't use the really anal questions unless nobody is being eliminated.

17. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Then in that case, it is still sounding good. :)

One question, or maybe two. Does the banned person get banned after submitting the wrong question, or are they banned after the 48 hour deadline? As to the actual banning, is there some kind of procedure that one must undergo to get unbanned? I've also heard that when one is banned it goes into our user record, will this go under the record?

**Has never been banned before, in case one did not notice. :p**

18. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    The ban doesn't count against you in any way. That's why you can post with a sock while the other name is banned. The bans will start as soon as DLM or another Mod sees the list of people that need banning, but I'd like the bans to start right after the next question is posted. The ban only lasts 24 hours.

19. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    Mara, make it a sticky thread, ya?

If you make me scroll, i'll do it spitting and screaming. :p

20. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Thanks Salty, for lifting the fog of war in my brain! :)

21. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    No problem. If you have any more questions, just ask.

22. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    sock is another name right?

23. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    can i use the other name to play with? Could i switch it for the one i have registered now?

24. slavegirl

slavegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    I just hope the questions aren't impossibly hard, like the TPM quiz ones, as that takes away the fun somewhat.

25. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    This should be fun and exciting. ;P Though what, exactly, is a sock?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.