main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The OT Trivia Challenge: Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Dark Lady Mara, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I will certainly do so. :)

A sock a username for someone on the boards who already has a user name. I don't have one, but if I did, I would create another account and post with it, either for "fun" or to get around a banning (if it's not IP based). :)

2. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I'm not letting anyone change their name for the game. 24 hours really isn't that long. The questions won't be impossible hard, but they need to be difficult enough to eliminate some people.

3. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Tay, it's too much of a pain in the butt for me to make it a sticky thread, so you're just going to have to spit. (I'm enjoying tormenting Tay already and I haven't even banned him yet! Yee-ha! [face_devil] )

Does the banned person get banned after submitting the wrong question, or are they banned after the 48 hour deadline? As to the actual banning, is there some kind of procedure that one must undergo to get unbanned? I've also heard that when one is banned it goes into our user record, will this go under the record?

Since the bans are being administered by me, they'll go into effect as soon as I see Salty's post on who got the question wrong. I'll unban everyone roughly 24 hours later, when I get on the next night. You won't need to do anything to get unbanned, since I'll do it automatically, so don't bother filling out the unban request screen you'll see if you try to log in with your banned account.

Although the system does keep dossiers on all users in which admin actions taken against them are recorded, the reason for ban will be listed as "Game ban", so no mod will ever look at it or hold it against you.

So... I'll leave this thread open for another day or so in case anyone else has questions. Let the game begin. :D

4. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    sif Mara you spiteful thing. ;)

you just have to click a button!

//spits

5. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    [SpongeBob]I'm ready! I'm ready! Ready ready ready![/SpongeBob]

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Thank you Dark One for the extra clarification. I can rest a lot easier now, once I get banned. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.