main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Other Half of Me (post JAT AU L/M) - Updated. Completed. 11/26/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by J_M_Bulldog, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Ok, I have written four songfics before but this is my first full length fic. Hope y'all like it.

Title: The Other Half of Me
    Author(s): J_M_Bulldog
    Timeframe: post JAT
    Characters: Luke, Mara, Han, Leia, OC's
    Genre: romance, angst, action{er some}
    Keywords:
    Summary: Leia decides to use a mission to get Luke and Mara to realizes their feelings for one another.
    Notes: My wonderful beta made a cover art for this. [:D] Thanks obaona. I really love it! Click here

In between viggie: Sticks and Stones And sequel:The Forgotten Ones. Third in the series: Exibitions

Disclaimer: I own nothing in Star Wars except for the characters and places I came up with. All recognized characters and places belong to George Lucas.

Well, it?s done, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker thought as he made his way down the wide, brown corridor to his quarters at the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4.

Mara Jade, assassin turned trader, had the week before informed Luke that he was in desperate need of a vacation. Luke had protested. He felt that as the galaxy?s only living Jedi Master, he should be at the place where more Jedi were being trained. ?What if something had come up?? he had asked her, in their conversation over dinner. ?I?ll need to be here.?

Luke snickered, remembering how hard it was to get Mara to agree to come to dinner. Not one for social gatherings of any kind, in fact preferring her solitude, Mara had initially refused Luke?s offer. The snicker turned into a chuckle, as Luke rounded the last corner before the door to his quarters. Refused? Try flat out told him she would rather be sucked into a black hole then spend anymore time than was necessary on the jungle moon. ?Just dropping the supplies, ?she had said. ?I have business elsewhere.?

As he pushed the button that opened his door, Luke remembered the five days he had pondered and meditated whether he should take Mara?s advice or not. Finally he had decided to do so and have a real vacation. He had put Kyp Durron, Kam Solusar, Tionne Solusar, and the Mon Calamarian healer, Cilghal, in charge of the Jedi Academy. Tomorrow he was going to head to Coruscant to visit his sister and family. Then he would plan where to go from there.

A real vacation. Did he even know what one was? He had never been on one. When he was younger, it was always the farm. Too much work to allow even a small family trip to Mos Espa. After he had met Ben, he was thrown into one battle after another. He only had one night to celebrate, though he really did not feel like doing so having found and lost his father, beating the Emperor before he was thrust into a deadly conflict with the Ssi-ruu.

As he pondered the new direction his life was taking, he began packing. His last thought before going to sleep was of a certain red haired trader. He wondered if he would get the opportunity before he left Coruscant to thank her for quite loudly informing him that he needed to get away.

This is just great! Mara mentally snarled in her frustration. She was glowering at the beeping console of her ship as if it was deliberately trying to anger her. Which, she decided, if that was its plan it was succeeding admirably.

She was three hours into her return flight from Mon Calamiri. There she had gotten a trade route for Mon Cal jellyfruit from a man who was of the opinion that women were not supposed to be in charge of anything. Mara smiled, recalling how the jerk?s eyes had widened when he had met her. Clearly he was expecting a man when Karrde had called to say an associate of his was stopping by. Mara?s smile turn into a wicked grin as the conversation she had with him flashed by her mental eye.

Short, fat, and bald, the man?s nauseating

2. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Did I get the first reply ?[face_plain]

What a treat!

Wow! Great start! :D

Refused? Try flat out told him she would rather be sucked into a black hole then spend anymore time than was necessary on the jungle moon. *snickers* How Mara...

Looking forward to more BA!

3. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Being that BA has been leaking teasers to me all summer, all I can say is this...

About damn time! :D

Seriously though, that was a great way to start the fic. So typically Mara. :p And Leia trying to play match-maker. LOL!

4. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great postie BA!

~~Jilly

5. Sash

Sash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2003
    more more more

6. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    *happy grinning*

7. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    FINALLY!!!!

It's about darn time! 8-}

J/K!! You know we love ya!!

Wonderful start!!! I can't wait for more, but alas, I'll be out of town all day Thursday....doctor appointment...fun...ugh.

More MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!!

~JMJ

8. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    *smiles*

Great post!

9. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    :eek: A full length fic? Yeay!!!! *skips around the thread happily* :p Great post!!! :D Sounds like Mara's gonna be having tons of fun. ;) I can't wait until Thursday rolls around. :D

10. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Always glad to see a new L/M story begin. Looking forward to more.

11. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Oooh, readers. :cool:

Commander: Did I get the first reply Yup. :D What a treat!
    Your welcome. Wow! Great start!Thanks. :D *snickers* How Mara...
    Hehe, just wait. [face_mischief] Looking forward to more BA!
    Will be up Thurs. See ya then.

Goofy: Being that BA has been leaking teasers to me all summer, all I can say is this... About damn time!
    [face_rolls_eyes] :p Seriously though, that was a great way to start the fic. So typically Mara. And Leia trying to play match-maker. LOL! Thanks and Leia does more than try :p

Mouse: Great postie BA! :D Thanks.

Sash: more more more Hehe, more Thurs. See ya then. ;)

LumiKuningatar: *happy grinning* I take it you like it. :D Thanks for reading.

Ears: FINALLY!!!! It's about darn time! [face_laugh] Ok, ok, I get the picture :p J/K!! You know we love ya!!
    :D Wonderful start!!! I can't wait for more, but alas, I'll be out of town all day Thursday....doctor appointment...fun...ugh. Thanks. Ooh, doctor. Well, it will be here when you get back. :) More MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!! Hehe.

puppyglo: *smiles* Great post! :) Thanks. Glad you liked it.

Country Girl: A full length fic? Yeay!!!! *skips around the thread happily* *snickers* I take it you're happy about this, :p Great post!!! Thanks Sounds like Mara's gonna be having tons of fun. Uh, no comment. I can't wait until Thursday rolls around ;)

Small Teaser. :)
    Mara?s emerald eyes narrowed. She tried to see if she could discern what he really wanted, but found a mental wall thicker than durasteel. He was up to something, of that she was certain. She had a feeling she was not going to like it one bit.

See ya Thursday.

12. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Hmm... interesting teaser. I can't til Thursday... I'm so impatient. :p

13. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Country Girl: *snickers*

:eek: Jedi-2B: [face_blush] Sorry I didn't see you when I posted. Always glad to see a new L/M story begin. Looking forward to more.
    Thanks for reading. More on Thursday. :D

14. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    Wow... I just stumbled into this, and it looks great already! It's so typically Luke/Mara, I love it! Can't wait for more! :)

15. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Oooh, another reader, :cool:

Jaina_Fel_06: Wow... I just stumbled into this, and it looks great already! :D Thanks. It's so typically Luke/Mara, Wow! You have no idea I am happy to hear that. I love it! Can't wait for more! Glad you like and more on Thursday. See ya then. :)

16. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    YEAHHH an L/M :D

looks great so far JM

hmmmmm. . . I'd say that she's got to dance with a certain freind of the Queen Mother. . . I mean it's only fitting ;) ;)

17. KataiJade

KataiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    Excellent BA, can't wait for more!!

Greaser

18. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
  19. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003
    I take it you like it. Thanks for reading.

Oh I did, believe me I did.. When will we get the next installment of this story????

Jani

20. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Ooooh, more readers very :cool:

maramijade: YEAHHH an L/M :D looks great so far JM Thanks, glad you like it.
    hmmmmm. . . I'd say that she's got to dance with a certain freind of the Queen Mother. . . I mean it's only fitting
    Umm, no comment ;)

Greaser: Excellent BA, can't wait for more!!
    :D Thanks and more tomorrow.

jacen20015: UP! Thanks. :D

LumiKuningatar: Oh I did, believe me I did.. Yay! I happy :D When will we get the next installment of this story???? It'll be up sometime tomorrow.

21. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003
  22. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Here's the next part. Hope y'all like it. :D

This is dedicated to obaona, who was kind enough to beta this story for me. Hey, oba, this has gone through some changes hasn't it ;)

Tis, kinda long. So you might want to get comfortable.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke frowned. He had arrived on Coruscant earlier in the day, had lunch with Leia and the family, and had afterwards decided to return to his apartment to meditate. However, he felt pulled to take a walk in the lower levels of the planet. Since he had long ago decided to trust the Force, Luke stood, grabbed his cloak, and left.

He followed the Force?s leading to a small diner. The name in the window read Dex?s Diner. Luke unexplainably felt he should know the significance the name held. Shrugging, he looked around. Standing at the corner of the diner a short humanoid fawn colored female, dressed in a grimy light gray flightsuit. Her braided, mid-back length tawny colored hair blew slightly in the wind. A glint of sliver caught his attention. He narrowed his eyes and saw on the small finger of her right hand a thin band ring. He approached and noticed that she had tear tracks that pressed down the dirty fur on her check. A small ear on the top of her head flicked in his direction seconds before she turned to him.

?I am Luke Skywalker,? he said.

The glare that was in her brown eyes and the snarl on her lips faded as recognition dawned. The young woman surprised him by facing him and bowing.

?Hello, Master Skywalker,? she said, straightening.

?Luke,? he said. He really disliked being called Master Skywalker, feeling that the title inhibited others from getting to know him as a person. Having thought he was an only child while growing up, he had wanted to fit in with the other kids that lived nearby. That feeling had remained into his adulthood.

The alien?s brow furrowed in a puzzled expression, her ears lowered out to the sides. Luke raised an eyebrow, questioningly.

?I am sorry, Master,? she said. ?I cannot address you by your first name,?

?Why??

?I am a student. It is rude for me to do so,? the young alien explained.

?I?m sorry,? Luke said. ?I don?t understand.?

?My planet is big on respect. As a student I must defer to those whose position is above mine. That is pretty much everyone. You are the only living Jedi Master. If I were to call you by your first name and anyone from my planet heard, I could be exiled.?

Luke?s blue eyes widened. ?They would exile you on that?? he asked.

The young female shook her head. ?Er, not just on that alone. I have not deferred before and have been reprimanded. According to a member of the Planetary Council I am headstrong and willful,? she snorted. ?Of course if he didn?t seek every opportunity to place me in a position where I would be punished my er, determined side would not come out.?

?He must not care much for you,? Luke commented.

?Well, define care, Master. He said he wished to lifebond, uh, marry me and since I rejected his advances, er, well. . .? her voice trailed off, uncomfortable.

?Ah,? Luke said, sensing the spike in her Force presence. ?What is your name??

?Forgive me, Master. My name is Kelly Wymond.?

Luke nodded then noticed the animal at her feet. The shaggy, black gold fur blew gently in the cool breeze. Kelly gave a short command and the animal stood. It was half a meter taller than a Chadra-Fan. The fur was expressive as a Bothan?s. It stood on two strong hind legs, its feet ending in three vicious claws. The claws on its hands remind Luke of the rancor he had to face at Jabba?s palace and he had to suppress a shudder. He noticed a pair of serrated fangs that extended pass the lower lip glistening in the light.

?Master, this is Saber,? Kelly said. ?He is a dailachula, a domesticated predator on my homeworld.?

?May I pet him??

?Yes sir.?

Luke reached out and softly stroked the animal?s head. Saber purred. Luke glanced at Kelly, who explained that it meant Saber liked Luke. The Jedi nodded. He faced Kelly after one la

23. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    Yay! Another great post! I love L/M/... :)

24. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Interesting new twist this story has taken. I wonder who was watching them at the diner. Does Mara know she'll also have Kelly's pet staying with her? ;)

25. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003
    hmm, is somebody just a tad jealous? :D And wouldn't want to be the one telling Mara about the pet... hui, me too scared of Mara... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.