main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Other Half of Me (post JAT AU L/M) - Updated. Completed. 11/26/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by J_M_Bulldog, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    hahahah, Mara you know you want to help Luke, and that you want to take Kelly under your wing and help her out too. . . It's just all that alone time you've spent has made you scared to be with anybody. ;)

I'd say it was Dex, Luke's Master's old freind. . . ;) And that he knows more than the average Diner owner. . (and has quite a long life too)

:D Mara's in for some fun I'd say. . . I wonder what that mission is going to turn out to be. . .

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Nice to see another L/M story. :)

3. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Howdey J_M_Bulldog! Great little L/M fic you have going here! I can't wait to see where it takes us all! :D

4. KataiJade

KataiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    Hee hee, Mara and her jealousy. Its great. I love how she battled with her own thoughts about Luke putting hi shand on that Kelly girl's shoulder.

THis is an interesting twist.

More soon? ;)

Greaser

5. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Awwww. [face_love] You're sweet, JM. ;) And yep, it's seen some changes. :p

Nice job. :) I guess this means I should really get to beta'ing the next part, hmm? :p

6. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Great post! :D Hmm... interesting new character you've brought in. I can't wait to find out more about her... and her home world.

The name in the window read Dex?s Diner.
    Isn't that the place Obi-wan went to find out where that toxic dart was from? I'm pretty sure it was. Hmmm...

?I had a strange feeling that someone here could have probably helped me.?
    Is she force-sensitive? Sounds like she might be to me. lol.

?Look, Skywalker, I just got in and I?m tired. You can introduce me to your girlfriend later.?
    *giggle* I bet Luke liked that one. :p

A holoreporter who had overheard and after taking some holophotos of them in the hanger, had concocted a story of romance between the Jedi Master and the blond haired young lady.
    [face_laugh] Poor Luke! Having to fix that. :p

Do you really want that? a voice whispered.

Yes! she answered, angrily.

You?re sure of this?

Oh! More than one personality = fun! :p

Mara fought a sudden and unexpected urge to forcefully push Kelly away. To get her away from the hand Mara desperately wanted on her shoulder or in her hand.
    Jealous Mara = funner. [face_mischief]

Can't wait until Monday!!! :D

7. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    puppyglo: Yay! Another great post! I love L/M/... Thanks and I love L/M too.

Jedi-2B: Interesting new twist this story has taken. [face_mischief] I wonder who was watching them at the diner. Ol' Dex. I was watching AotC before I wrote that part and thought it would be cute to add him. Does Mara know she'll also have Kelly's pet staying with her? Eh, not yet, :p

LumiKuningatar: hmm, is somebody just a tad jealous? Hehe, just a bit it looks like. Course, she'd deny it to the nerfs come home. :p And wouldn't want to be the one telling Mara about the pet... hui, me too scared of Mara... :p Ah, she wouldn't hurt you. She'd just get Luke to spar with and take it out on him. Since, he didn't tell her yet.

maramijade: hahahah, Mara you know you want to help Luke, and that you want to take Kelly under your wing and help her out too. . . It's just all that alone time you've spent has made you scared to be with anybody. Hehe, you may have something there. I'd say it was Dex, Luke's Master's old freind. . . And that he knows more than the average Diner owner. . (and has quite a long life too) :D You're right. It was Dex. See, my reply to Jedi-2B. I may put him back in. I haven't decided just yet. Mara's in for some fun I'd say. . . I wonder what that mission is going to turn out to be. . . [face_mischief] Hmm, mission, [face_devil] I know, y'all just have to wait some. :p

RebelMom: Nice to see another L/M story :D Hey. Thanks for reading. Yes, I agree. It is nice to have another L/M around.

Rivad_Bacar: Howdey J_M_Bulldog! Hi. Great little L/M fic you have going here! Thanks. I can't wait to see where it takes us all! Hehe, I hope y'all like where this does go.

Greaser: Hee hee, Mara and her jealousy. Its great. I love how she battled with her own thoughts about Luke putting hi shand on that Kelly girl's shoulder. [face_mischief] THis is an interesting twist. Hehe, it gets interesting. More soon? Monday.

obaona: Awwww. You're sweet, JM. You welcome. You deserve it for putting up with me. And yep, it's seen some changes. :p Nice job. Thanks. I guess this means I should really get to beta'ing the next part, hmm?Might help. :p

Country Girl: Great post! Thanks. Hmm... interesting new character you've brought in. I can't wait to find out more about her... and her home world. Oh, you will. ;) Isn't that the place Obi-wan went to find out where that toxic dart was from? I'm pretty sure it was. Hmmm... Yup. See my answer to maramijade and Jedi-2B. Is she force-sensitive? Sounds like she might be to me. lol. Very good. You're right. Though, she doesn't know it. Yet. *giggle* I bet Luke liked that one. ;) Poor Luke! Having to fix that. Yes. But, t'was fun. ;) Oh! More than one personality = fun! Jealous Mara = funner. *snickers* Can't wait until Monday!!! :)

Small teaser :)
    ?Jaina?? Han questioned. ?Are you okay??

8. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    This was a great post, BA! I love how you are writing Mara and Luke. Kelly is an interesting character, and bringing Naboo into play is interesting as well. :)

~~Jilly

9. Sash

Sash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2003
    ohhh.. i missed the update! darned...... but i managed to catch up!!!! :)

10. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I just love how you portray Mara's little green with envy side :D

Great post and thanks for the PM.

I am interested to see where this one goes.

11. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Mouse: This was a great post, BA! :D Thanks I love how you are writing Mara and Luke. Thank you. I was scared that I wasn't writing them right. Kelly is an interesting character, and bringing Naboo into play is interesting as well. :D [face_mischief]

Sash: ohhh.. i missed the update! darned...... but i managed to catch up!!!! :D I'm glad. Thanks for reading.

Commander: I just love how you portray Mara's little green with envy side Hehe, she'd tell she wasn't but we all know better. :p Great post and thanks for the PM. Thanks and your welcome. I am interested to see where this one goes. :D Goodie.

More on Monday. See ya then. :D

12. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Poor Mara's so jealous... and she doesn't even realize how badly she wants Luke. Hehe... This is going to be interesting... ;)

Interesting twist, J_M. Hopefully Luke and Mara can help Kelly... Can't wait for more! :D

13. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Jaina_Fel_06: Poor Mara's so jealous... and she doesn't even realize how badly she wants Luke. Hehe... This is going to be interesting... Hehe, yup. Though when I wrote that I was scared I didn't get her in character.

Interesting twist, J_M. Hopefully Luke and Mara can help Kelly... Can't wait for more! [face_mischief] and more tomorrow. :D

14. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    AN: I will be posting on Thanksgiving Day. :D Read at your lesiure.

On to the story.

?Oh no, Skywalker,? Mara said, ?I said she could stay. I said nothing about . . . this.? She gestured at the creature Kelly had called ?Saber?.

The creature growled at Mara questioningly, then purred loudly when Kelly calmed it with a pat on the head and a scratch behind the ear.

?Mara,? Luke said questioningly.

?No,? she replied, firmly.

?Master Trader,? Kelly began but paused when Mara?s green gaze fell, angrily, on her. ?He will be no trouble. I promise you will not know he is there. He is very quiet and he has been extensively trained by the best dailachula trainer on Aniceteus. He knows his place.?

Mara narrowed her eyes. Luke and Kelly stood in a breathless moment, waiting.

?You will keep him out of my way?? Mara asked. ?No fur on my furniture? No loud noises at night that?ll keep me awake??

?You?ll not know he is there,? Kelly reiterated.

?Fine,? Mara replied, wearily. ?He can come. If he bothers me, he leaves, immediately.?

Kelly nodded. She bent and picked up the medium size black travel bag on the floor at her feet and an odd shaped, brown one beside it. Mara was instantly curious but refrained from asking. She was not about to show even the merest glimpse of interest in this alien Luke had so unceremoniously dropped in her lap.

Kelly turned to Luke and bowed. ?Thank you, Master Skywalker,? she said.

?Mara,? Luke said, after nodding to Kelly.

?Now what?? Mara asked. He just dumped two unwanted things in my lap, what does he have up his sleeve now?

?Leia asked me to bring Kelly to her house tomorrow night for dinner. She wants to meet her and hear her story. She asked me to invite you. She said she has a present to give you.?

?What is it??

Luke shrugged. ?She didn?t tell me.?

Mara?s eyes narrowed. She was not happy about the creature that was dumped on her right alongside its master and now Luke comes up with this. I should have taken Karrde?s suggestion, gone to Ylix, and bypassed Coruscant altogether.

?I think about it,? she said, finally. ?Lets go,? she added glancing at Kelly.

?Goodbye, Master Skywalker,? Kelly said, bowing once more.

What have I gotten myself into? Mara wondered as she and Kelly left Luke?s apartment and headed for the turbolift.

The next night at 1755 Luke stood at Mara?s door, willing the nervous feeling he was experiencing to dissipate. He did not understand why he was feeling this. This was just Mara. They were just going to dinner at his sister. Why did he feel like someone had let a whispetkit loose in his stomach? Why did he not wear his ?Jedi blacks,? as Mara called them and why was it so important that Mara think he looked nice? Luke shook his head dispersing those thoughts. He had no answers to those questions and was not likely to get them before Mara or Kelly answered the door chime. He took a deep breath as he heard movement inside, signaling someone was coming to the door. He was surprised by the strong hope of it being Mara that filled him.

The door opened and for a moment Luke was without breath. Mara stood there wearing a forest green Romex mid-calf length dress. Luke did not even noticed Kelly standing just to the right and behind Mara.

?Hello Mara,? he whispered. ?You look beautiful.?

Mara regarded the Jedi Master for a moment. Luke silently willed the whispetkit in his stomach to settle but it declined to obey. He shifted anxiously under Mara?s intense gaze.

?Skywalker what is wrong with you?? she asked.

?Nothing,? he replied, still breathless.

Mara snorted. Luke breathed a silent sigh of relief when she did not ask any more questions. He noticed Kelly, who was silently watching them and slightly shake her head, an amused smile on her face. He could only guess she had noticed his unease and silently thanked her for not making a comment.

?Hello, Kelly,? Luke said.

?Hello, Master Skywalker,? Kelly replied.

?Ready?? Luke asked.

The la

15. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    this trip will definately turn out interesting...

?Fine," Mara growled. "If will it get you off my back. You know, you are becoming more like Skywalker and that?s not a good thing in my opinion.?

:D

16. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great postie, BA. :D

~~Jilly

17. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    ?Leia asked me to bring Kelly to her house tomorrow night for dinner. She wants to meet her and hear her story. She asked me to invite you. She said she has a present to give you.?

?What is it??

Her brother! What a present. ;) Seriously, what was the present? We just haven't gotten to that part yet? And when Kelly called Anakin a prince, I was thinking more of the Queen Amidala connection, since Naboo is involved. But of course, son of Princess Leia is more of a direct connection.

18. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    LOL I can just hear the conversation.

"Ok Kelly, have you been catching what I've been cacthing?"

"Yes your ecelency, they are deeply in love but neither will admit it."

"Good, here's what I want you to do. . . get them into the most embarassing possitions possible so they can finally admit it and I can have nieces and nephews of my own."

"Deal!"

;)

Ohhhhhh a Thanksgiving Day Post . . . I know that's one thing I'll be thankful for. . . that and not having to be at work until 4:30 the next evening :D yeah!!! I don't have to open!!!

19. KataiJade

KataiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    Ooooh, I like.

This trip should prove interesting indeed.

Thanksgiving day post eh?

Well, that will be a welcome thing to come home to.....hope y'all don't work like I do.

KJ

20. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    ?Greetings, Son of Vader and Mara clan Jade. I trust your trip was safe.?

?Yes, Ekewaka clan Tlakh'sar,? Luke replied.

?Son of Vader, who is with you??

?Kelly clan Wymond,? Luke replied.

?Greetings, Kelly clan Wymond,? the alien said, facing her. He turned back Luke. ?I offer you all my protection as long as you remain in the home of the Lady Vader and Han clan Solo.?

?Thank you, Ekewaka clan Tlakh?sar,? Luke said.

Ah, the formality of the Noghri! Gotta love those little bodyguards! :D

21. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Awesome post!!! :D

?Hello Mara,? he whispered. ?You look beautiful.?

Mara regarded the Jedi Master for a moment. Luke silently willed the whispetkit in his stomach to settle but it declined to obey. He shifted anxiously under Mara?s intense gaze.

?Skywalker what is wrong with you?? she asked.

?Nothing,? he replied, still breathless.

Aww. Luke is having difficulties controlling himself. [face_mischief]

Can you see her as the mother of your kids? a voice from the back of his mind questioned.

Yeah. What?! No. She?d be a great mom but I doubt she?d be the mother to mine. I doubt I?ll ever have any kids besides we don?t love each other..

Are you sure of this?

She is just my friend, my best friend.

You?re sure?

[face_laugh] Now Luke's has two personality's. :p

?Fine," Mara growled. "If will it get you off my back. You know, you are becoming more like Skywalker and that?s not a good thing in my opinion.?
    Hehe... maybe it is. :p

Leia snickered. She glanced at Kelly. ?May I see you in the kitchen?? she asked.

Kelly nodded. They excused themselves and Luke had a brief sense of foreboding. As if the Force was warning something said or done in that meeting was going to change his life.

Hmm... do I sense some match-making? [face_mischief]

Can't wait til Thursday postie! :D

22. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    LumiKuningatar: this trip will definately turn out interesting... I hope y'all do find it interesting. And [face_mischief] does it go places :p

Mouse: Great postie, BA. :D Thanks glad you like it.

Jedi-2B: Her brother! What a present. [face_laugh] :p Seriously, what was the present? We just haven't gotten to that part yet? Its coming, its coming and I hope y'all really like what it is. And when Kelly called Anakin a prince, I was thinking more of the Queen Amidala connection, since Naboo is involved. But of course, son of Princess Leia is more of a direct connection. Yup, Kelly knew only of Leia being a princess of Alderaan.

maramijade: LOL I can just hear the conversation.

"Ok Kelly, have you been catching what I've been cacthing?"

"Yes your ecelency, they are deeply in love but neither will admit it."

"Good, here's what I want you to do. . . get them into the most embarassing possitions possible so they can finally admit it and I can have nieces and nephews of my own."

"Deal!"
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh, man that had me tickled for awhile. :p Ohhhhhh a Thanksgiving Day Post :D Yup . . . I know that's one thing I'll be thankful for. . . that and not having to be at work until 4:30 the next evening yeah!!! I don't have to open!!! Yay! Days off are so fun aren't they?

Greaser: Ooooh, I like. Yay! Thanks. :D This trip should prove interesting indeed. [face_mischief] Thanksgiving day post eh? Yup. Well, that will be a welcome thing to come home to.....hope y'all don't work like I do. :( Owie, having to work on a holiday.

Rivad_Bacar: Ah, the formality of the Noghri! Gotta love those little bodyguards! hehe. Glad you liked him.

Country Girl: Awesome post!!! :D Thanks. Aww. Luke is having difficulties controlling himself. Now Luke's has two personality's. *snickers* :p Hehe... maybe it is. :p Though she'd say you were lying. Hmmm... do I sense some match-making? Oh, yeah, big time. Hehe, poor Kelly all she wants to do it find Brice and now well you'll find out later, [face_mischief] Can't wait til Thursday postie! [Yoda_voice]Patience, a Jedi must have.[/Yoda_voice] ;)

Small teaser :)
    There?s no turning back
    Your destiny is calling
    Listen to the thunder rolling
    And let your heart break free

See ya Thursday. :)

23. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Yay, I found another really good L/M story! They are so few and far between these days. I like the way this is shaping up so far...both Luke and Mara having all these feelings and doing their darndest to deny them!

This trip to help Kelly (interesting OC there, by the way) should prove very illuminating.

Can't wait for the Thanksgiving post! And I'm luckier than all of you...I got off work at 9:00 this morning and I don't have to go back until 9:00 pm MONDAY night! :D

24. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    kayladie97: Yay, I found another really good L/M story! :D Welcome! They are so few and far between these days.I know. They're my favorite characters so I had to write a story about them. I like the way this is shaping up so far...both Luke and Mara having all these feelings and doing their darndest to deny them! Thanks, glad you like it and always with those two. *grumbles under breath about stubborn people* :p This trip to help Kelly (interesting OC there, by the way) should prove very illuminating. Oh, it does, in more ways than one. [face_mischief] And thanks. I was hoping people would like Kelly and that I'd do her justice. Well, we'll see on that one. Can't wait for the Thanksgiving post! And I'm luckier than all of you...I got off work at 9:00 this morning and I don't have to go back until 9:00 pm MONDAY night! Hey, very cool. Bet you're happy. :D

25. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I know what's going to happen . . . [/irritating singsong voice] [face_mischief]

May I say, you're all gonna love the next post. :D [face_mischief] I love it, after all. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.