main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Other Half of Me (post JAT AU L/M) - Updated. Completed. 11/26/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by J_M_Bulldog, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Awwww so sweet :D [face_love]

God bless!

-Malz

2. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Finally you posted again!
    Awwwwwwwwww that was so good! It was very sweet. The way Luke proposed and everything! :)
    Good job big sis well worth the wait! :D

3. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Tahi: Okay - catching up here. Been busy with my little granddaughter. [If you want to see a pic of her, there is a link after the Tahiri poem in the At The Oasis thread.] Hehe, okay. I was wondering where you'd got off too.

August post.
    Loved the Shada scene. She is one very cool lady and you write her really well. Also I'm enjoying the links with The Approaching Storm.
    Glad you liked her and I'm glad you think I write her well. I try to make sure the canon characters are in character.

LOL I liked that bit. I'm also enjoying the little details you work in - such as the fact that Wookiees don't use their claws. Lots of research gone on to write this I can see. Hehe, always thought Wookiees thought we were strange and the claw thing came from playing Knights of the Old Republic. The Wookiee character on there was acussed of being a madclaw, a Wookiee who had used his claws in a fight.

Enjoyed the bit where Shada rescues Mara. But poor Brice and Kelly. Life ain't easy for them is it? Hehe, no, Brice and Kelly's life ain't easy.

October post
    Good to see that evil Zopyros getting his comeuppance. Very satisfying scene.

Aww - little Zekk cub. Cute.
    Thought everyone'd love Zopyros getting what he deserved. And Zekk's fate will be decided later. Or at least shown, ;)

LOL Now I see why Brice was grinning about the ring in that early scene. Brice loves to do things like that. He's very mischievous. ;)

Loved the description of Kelly's attack on the Twi'lek girl. Good for her. Nice to see things coming right - for everyone. And great to see Shada and Karrde sharing affectionate looks. Very satisfying post. :)

Don't mess with Brice when Kelly's around. That is one of the main things that'll set her off. And I've always thought Karrde and Shada were made for each other. As for this post being satisfying, I'm sure there is one more that'll everyone will love. ;)

Malz4JESUS: Awwww so sweet

God bless!
    Hehe, glad you liked it. There's more sweetness coming ;) And God bless you too. Oh, and your Padawan now has a Padawan.

Senator_Leia73: Finally you posted again!
    Awwwwwwwwww that was so good! It was very sweet. The way Luke proposed and everything!
    Good job big sis well worth the wait!
    Yeah, I posted again. ;)

Glad you liked it. Hehe, we'll see how you like the rest of it.

4. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Glad you liked it. Hehe, we'll see how you like the rest of it.

I'm afraid of what that could mean. [face_worried]

5. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    definately looking forward to more,

Kelly needs to calm down with the anger there. . .

I can't really see Mara just staying on Yavin

6. unicornbee

unicornbee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2004
    upping this so that I can find it latter, Maramijade said that it was really good

7. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Sis: I'm afraid of what that could mean. O:) Now, now, what would make you afraid of that little ol' comment?

maramijade: definately looking forward to more, :D Cool. More to come soon. I only had a certain part to have beta and then the final posts of the story can be put up.

Kelly needs to calm down with the anger there. . . Kelly has a temper and an impatient soul. That's why she'd been reprimand before. Her temper was held at bay, for the most part, cause of her deep-seeded respect for Luke and crew.

I can't really see Mara just staying on Yavin
    I never really saw Mara as a person who'd settle down and stay in one place without having times to go off and see other planets. That and I think she dispises the humitiy ;)

unicornbee: upping this so that I can find it latter, Maramijade said that it was really good :D Welcome to my story and to the boards! Glad to see and meet you. Hope to see ya around some more.

*places platters of cookies and other baked goods on a long table for all her readers, new and old* Here's hoping that'll tide ya'll over till I get the next post ready.

8. MaraAkaRED

MaraAkaRED Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2004
    Hey,

I am new to this story. I saw your signature about your song fics on LP's story. I read them & I loved them (I only read the LM so far) I also am a big fan of thoese songs.

Now to this story. I love it. Luke & Mara are so cute. I hope you update soon. I also can not wait till your sequel to this story comes out. Well I am hopeing that you will update soon.

God Bless,

Red

9. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *pops in and waves at author* :D It's so hard to believe this thing is almost over! :eek: When did you start this, again? :p

10. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    MaraAkaRED: Hey,

I am new to this story. I saw your signature about your song fics on LP's story. I read them & I loved them (I only read the LM so far) I also am a big fan of thoese songs.
    :D Welcome! Glad to see ya. I'm glad you liked those songfics and I'm glad you like my little story.

Now to this story. I love it. Luke & Mara are so cute. I hope you update soon. I also can not wait till your sequel to this story comes out. Well I am hopeing that you will update soon. :D Luke and Mara are always cute, even when being stubborn nerfs, right ;) The sequel is finished, just needs to be typed in. I hoped to have that done soon and sent to obaona.

God Bless, You too. :)

obaona: *pops in and waves at author* :) *waves back* It's so hard to believe this thing is almost over! I know. Didn't think I'd get it wrote, then didn't even think I'd post it. When did you start this, again? Uh, well over a year ago. Maybe even two years. I've been posting it since Nov. 17th though.

And now for the post. This is for Jedi2-B. Enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Iella Wessiri stared intently at the young man who was sitting silent silently at the steel-gray table in the drab NRI interrogation room. She knew the kid was nervous because his eyelids kept twitching, his blue eyes kept tracking her every move, and he had shifted around in his chair six times in the last minute.

?How did you acquire this information?? Iella asked gently, but no one could mistake the edge in her tone.

The young man had freely turned himself in, saying that he was part of a conspiracy to attack and kill Mara Jade. He said that he had been in it only for the money and did not think someone would actually be hurt, much less killed. When he had found out, his sense of self-preservation would not allow him any peace. He had hurried to the nearest NRI office and had given up everything. He knew Mara Jade was dating Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and had heard of the impending wedding between them and he feared that if Skywalker found out who was involved in Mara?s kidnapping, his time in the galaxy would be cut drastically short. He believed, quite adamantly, that Skywalker would not rest until all involved were brought to justice, one way or another.

?I-I,? the man began, stuttering. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Iella figured that he was composing himself. ?I used to work at an out of the way diner in the South sector. One day a Bothan senator walks in with another one just like him, only a different color. The senator was white,? the man paused, frowning, ?no, he was cream, cream with violet eyes. His friend was just brown and I didn?t get a good enough look at his eyes.?

?How did you know the cream one was a senator?? Iella asked. That description sounds a lot like Fel?lya. If he is the one who let the information about that handheld device I?ll save the galaxy the money and shoot him myself.

Because of the attack on Leia, the construction of the device had been halted until better security measures could be installed. Iella knew that a lot of Intel operatives and New Republican soldiers would die from not being able to sense the heat signatures of attackers in their immediate area. Of course that was not only reason she was mad. She had heard that if all went well with ground forces, the inventors were going to modify the sensor a little to be able to be installed in the support vehicle for air and space forces. Rogue Squadron was going to be the test squadron for the trial run, as it was the premiere squadron.

Iella had been thrilled to know that Wedge and the Rogues would have a better chance at survival if the test went well. The heat sensor would be an extra way for finding EV pilots and it would prove helpful in finding crashed ones as well as helping the crashed ones survive until found.

Iella still remembered how surprised she was when Wedge refused to leave her room after she asked him to. He surprised

11. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    This is for Jedi2-B. Enjoy

I did! Though I can't figure out what I did to deserve a post for me. [face_thinking]

Wedge and Iella ... Another wedding! :) Luke & Mara, Bryce & Kelly, Talon & Shada -- This could be like one of those wedding cruises where dozens of couples get married at the same time.

And I nearly forgot about Aunt Sola. :oops: Han needs to start leaning in closer so he can hear what all the whispering is about. ;)

So will the wedding marches start next chapter, or will there be some good ol' bachelor parties and bridal showers first? :D

12. MaraAkaRED

Oct 30, 2004
    Hello again

I sincerly hope the next two posts come soon & that they are pretty long. There is so much you could still do (weddings) Now you are up to 4. Awesome post I hope you post really really soon. I will be holding my breath (it won't kill me if I passout then I will breahte but I will be holding it & when I wake up I will hold it again.) So yeah I realy want to read more to your story.

13. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    Yeah!!!! Sola came to coruscant :D

Gotta love Jaina. she is a sweetie :)

You Go Mara get that Bonthan Creep, it'll save you more in the future. Really it will :D

14. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I'm just going to come right out and confess to reading all the previous posts in my lurking days. [face_shame_on_you] But I'm better now, so you get a response. ;) I do think your story is great.

You got the sneaky Bothan arrested. :D Sneaky Bothans deserve that and so much more.

And what's up with all the whispering? I want to know what she said. Come on, you can tell us.

15. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Author's Note: Just to let everyone know. As I told MaraAkaRED I'll more than likely post another post tonight. Wed. there'll be no post and Thurs the post will be up after lunch. If things work out that way that'll be either the last post or the second to last. I'll have to see as I've switched somethings around.

Jedi-2B: I did! Though I can't figure out what I did to deserve a post for me. Hehe, glad you liked it. You didn't have to do anything to deserve a post. That was my gift to you.

Wedge and Iella ... Another wedding! Luke & Mara, Bryce & Kelly, Talon & Shada -- This could be like one of those wedding cruises where dozens of couples get married at the same time. [face_laugh] Well, the info about weddings is currently classified. I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you ;) :p

And I nearly forgot about Aunt Sola. Han needs to start leaning in closer so he can hear what all the whispering is about. Hehe. And the whispering was really nothing more than thank yous(Chewie)or how proud parents would be(Leia) or in Mara's case, 'I told you so' ;) :p

So will the wedding marches start next chapter, or will there be some good ol' bachelor parties and bridal showers first? Hehe that's classified info. Only on a need to know basis ;)

MaraAkaRED: Hello again Howdy

I sincerly hope the next two posts come soon & that they are pretty long. They will be. All the remaining posts have been beta'ed already so they are good to go. I'm going to post one either tonight or tomorrow. More than likely tonight because I'll be helping my Nana with some baking tomorrow.

The posts after that will be postponed until after a family trip to Cracker Barrel Thurs. We are taking Nana out to eat for Thanksgiving so she don't have to cook. I will be unable to post Wed. as I have family coming in and just about all my cousins are coming over to spend time with Nana.

There is so much you could still do (weddings) Now you are up to 4. Awesome post I hope you post really really soon. I will be holding my breath (it won't kill me if I passout then I will breahte but I will be holding it & when I wake up I will hold it again.) So yeah I realy want to read more to your story. Eek! Please don't hold your breath. I have no way of reviving you. As for the weddings, see my reply to Jedi-2B.

maramijade: Yeah!!!! Sola came to coruscant Hehe, yep. And she'll be staying for awhile.

Gotta love Jaina. she is a sweetie Hehe, actually you won't see the Solo kids in the sequel but in the third one of the series the twins will play a big role.

You Go Mara get that Bonthan Creep, it'll save you more in the future. Really it will [face_devil] Oh, really?

Jedi_BMK: I'm just going to come right out and confess to reading all the previous posts in my lurking days. But I'm better now, so you get a response. I do think your story is great. :D Welcome. That's okay. I lurk sometimes as well. I think we've all done that at one time or another.

You got the sneaky Bothan arrested. Sneaky Bothans deserve that and so much more. Hehe, well........ [face_devil] My lips are sealed.

And what's up with all the whispering? I want to know what she said. Come on, you can tell us. Hehe, see my reply to Jedi-2B.

As for the small teaser I usually put up, well, there won't be one. What's in the next few posts are secrets I'll only reveal when I post. ;)

16. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Hehe, don't worry about this one. I was checking something with my next post and accidently hit post instead of preview. [face_blush] Sorry.

17. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    And I'm behind on this story again! :p

But this is good in a way, cause then I get to read lots of posties at once! :D

I loved seeing Kelly and Brice get the best of Zopyros! I really loved the way you ended that bit, with the King saying "Now we will deal with you!" I thought that was cool.

I loved the proposal...so sweet!

I never read the YJK series so I don't really have any feelings one way or the other about Zekk, but it's still neat the way you managed to sneak him in there. (But I'm a K/J shipper! :eek: ;) )

It was interesting to see Mara being the one telling someone else to control their anger! I guess falling in love with Luke HAS affected her more than she thought.

LOVED Fey'lya getting his comeuppance, cause I hate that Bothan! I also liked the way Han got Leia to admit that she really enjoyed being the one to give Borsk what he's had coming for a long time.

And the meeting with Sola was wonderful, although, like everyone else, I am very curious what it is that she whispered to everyone!

Can't wait for more!

18. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    [face_shocked] What Kayladie? A K/J siper? I never would have guessed that of you. I'm a J/J er!But I do enjoy reading K/J too.

I loved Leia getting to tell Fey'lya off. It was perfect and I enjoyed it as much as Leia did. =D=

I wish there were more stories about Wedge and Iella. I really love them as a couple.

I almost forgot about Aunt Sola. She seems to have found her place in the Skywalker/Solo crew. For being a bunch of orphans, their family sure is getting big.

I'm anxious for the next post, and the big wedding explosion. So how many are we up to now? L/M, W/I, K/B, T/S....did I forget any? What about Corran and Mirax? Ah, I do love weddings!

*green_eyes*

19. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    kayladie: And I'm behind on this story again! That's okay. I can fully understand DRL.

But this is good in a way, cause then I get to read lots of posties at once! Hehe.

I loved seeing Kelly and Brice get the best of Zopyros! I really loved the way you ended that bit, with the King saying "Now we will deal with you!" I thought that was cool. Hehe, thought you'd love that. Poor Zopyros should have quit while he was ahead eh? ;)

I loved the proposal...so sweet! Thanks.

I never read the YJK series so I don't really have any feelings one way or the other about Zekk, but it's still neat the way you managed to sneak him in there. (But I'm a K/J shipper! ) Hehe, well Zekk's fate is decided later.

It was interesting to see Mara being the one telling someone else to control their anger! I guess falling in love with Luke HAS affected her more than she thought. Don't tell her that to her face. ;) But yeah, Luke has affected her more than she thought.

LOVED Fey'lya getting his comeuppance, cause I hate that Bothan! I also liked the way Han got Leia to admit that she really enjoyed being the one to give Borsk what he's had coming for a long time. I figured everyone'd love that one. I can't stand that Bothan and I was glad to get him out of the way.

And the meeting with Sola was wonderful, although, like everyone else, I am very curious what it is that she whispered to everyone! Hehe, well for Leia, Sola said that Anakin and Padme would be proud of her just as she is. For Chewie, she was thanking him for keeping an eye on the family and telling him she felt sorry that he had to do so cause she could just imagine how that was. For Mara, she told her I told you so and then said congratualtions.

Can't wait for more! Hehe, more now.

green_eyes: I loved Leia getting to tell Fey'lya off. It was perfect and I enjoyed it as much as Leia did. That was one of my favorite parts as well.

I wish there were more stories about Wedge and Iella. I really love them as a couple. Well, I can say that Wedge and Iella will be in the second once, third one some, and the fourth one alot.

I almost forgot about Aunt Sola. She seems to have found her place in the Skywalker/Solo crew. For being a bunch of orphans, their family sure is getting big. Hehe, yeah she fits right in. And I think Luke and Leia are happy that their family is growing.

I'm anxious for the next post, and the big wedding explosion. So how many are we up to now? L/M, W/I, K/B, T/S....did I forget any? What about Corran and Mirax? Ah, I do love weddings! No you didn't miss any. Those are the couples in the story though T/S isn't at the point for marriage yet. Corran and Mirax are married already. They got married in the X-Wing series. That happened before my story.

Next part. This one is for kayladie97. Enjoy.

EDIT: Hehe, I said I'd post it on Monday and I did, two minutes from midnight.

EDIT 2: Disclaimer: Luke and Mara say something in this one. I got inspriation for what they say from some poems but for the life of my I can't remember who wrote them. Anyway, I don't own the poems I used for inspriation. They belongs to whoever wrote them and owns them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night after the kids had been put to bed, Sola produced a small box from the bag she had carried in. Luke frowned at her questioningly when she handed it to him. He glanced down at the worn sliver box.

?What?s this?? he asked.

?A gift I found after you left,? Sola answered cryptically.

Luke glanced over at Mara, who was sitting on the couch with him. His fiancée had a questioning frown on her face and an interested glint in her eye. She motioned for him to open it. Luke gently gripped the soft-hide box and slowly opened it to reveal two glittering gold rings. He heard someone, possibly his sister, gasp. He glanced up at Mara, knowing she was thinking the same thing he was. They

20. MaraAkaRED

Oct 30, 2004
    Hey,

OOOOO My LOVE!!!!! That was so cute!!! EEEE!!! What a happy way to come home frome school. I love weddings. They are so sweet & romantic. This was perfact for Luke & Mara. The vows were nice too. I can not wait till your next post. Till then.

God Bless

21. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Awwwwwwwwww I loved it! :D

That was awesome, incredible, superb, excellent anyother words that you can think of. ;)

Hehe good job sis.

22. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    Whooo hooo they did it they did it :D

Loved the Kiss that was the absolute BEST!!!

23. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    :eek: Oh, dedicated to ME? [face_blush] [face_love] [face_batting] :D

I just love wedding scenes! And this one was just perfect. I love the idea of Luke and Mara wearing Anakin and Padme's rings...hopefully their union will have a better outcome.

Their vows to one another were just lovely. Whatever poem inpsired you must have been a beautiful one!

My favorite line:

You keep me grounded and free at the same time. My life is complete and my soul is at rest because I found you.

[face_love] [face_love] Lovely!

And Han is lucky Luke didn't turn around and pop him one! But I liked Mara grabbing his chin and turning him back so she could continue the kiss. Heck, Han is lucky Mara didn't pop him one!! [face_laugh]

More soon!

24. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    MaraAkaRED: Hey, Howdy.

OOOOO My LOVE!!!!! That was so cute!!! EEEE!!! What a happy way to come home frome school. I love weddings. They are so sweet & romantic. This was perfact for Luke & Mara. The vows were nice too. I can not wait till your next post. Till then. Hehe, I take it you like that. :p Post'll be up sometime tomorrow afternoon, after I get back from Thanksgiving dinner at Cracker Barrel.

God Bless God bless you as well.

Senator_Leia73: Awwwwwwwwww I loved it!

That was awesome, incredible, superb, excellent anyother words that you can think of.
    Hehe, I'm glad you love it. I hope you love the next parts as well.

Hehe good job sis. Thanks.

maramijade: Whooo hooo they did it they did it

Loved the Kiss that was the absolute BEST!!!
    Hehe, I'm glad you liked the kiss. And yes, Luke and Mara finally got married.

kayladie97: Oh, dedicated to ME? Yep. You're welcome.

I just love wedding scenes! And this one was just perfect. I love the idea of Luke and Mara wearing Anakin and Padme's rings...hopefully their union will have a better outcome. *wipes forehead* Was kinda worried y'all wouldn't like the rings. Perfect? [face_blush]

Their vows to one another were just lovely. Whatever poem inpsired you must have been a beautiful one! Actually it was two poems. I'll have to find them again and post them.

My favorite line:

Lovely!
    Hehe, I added that line as an afterthought. I'm glad I did.

And Han is lucky Luke didn't turn around and pop him one! But I liked Mara grabbing his chin and turning him back so she could continue the kiss. Heck, Han is lucky Mara didn't pop him one!! Hehe, well, Han caught them in a good mood. ;) :p

More soon! More Thurs. afternoon.

As for what happens next.....well, it's a party! ;)

25. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I absolutely, positively KNOW I replied to this last post, but it disappeared!! :( So I'll try to recreate...

Beautiful wedding. Especially since nobody snuck in to try to kill the bride and groom. ;) And loved their vows to each other. My compliments to the authors of those poems you found, and for all the parts I'm sure you wrote yourself. Great job. Now on with the celebrating! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.