main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Other Half of Me (post JAT AU L/M) - Updated. Completed. 11/26/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by J_M_Bulldog, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Jedi-2B: I absolutely, positively KNOW I replied to this last post, but it disappeared!! So I'll try to recreate... :( I'm sorry. I hate it when the boards go haywire.

Beautiful wedding. Especially since nobody snuck in to try to kill the bride and groom. Hehe, well, all the trying to kill happened before the wedding ;) :p And loved their vows to each other. My compliments to the authors of those poems you found, and for all the parts I'm sure you wrote yourself. Great job. Now on with the celebrating! Thanks. I'm glad you liked the vows. I'll try to find those poems, I think I have them in a WordPerfect Doc. somewhere. When I find them I'll post them for y'all to read.

~~~~~~~
    EDIT: Hey, post 500. [:D] Thanks to all my readers.

Disclaimer: The song in this one is not mine. It belongs to those who wrote it and own it. I won't say here what the song is. I'll let y'all see that for yourselves. ;)

Author's Note: To make it easier on everyone, the song is colored. Is the woman's voice. Is the man's voice. Is both of them. As for who is singing, well you'll just have to read and see. I did change one repeating line in the song to fit the story, though.

This is for maramijade. Enjoy. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

?Wormie,? a soft voice said, causing Luke to look up from the table he and Mara were sitting at.

Standing on the other side was two old friends Luke had not seen in a long while. Luke could feel Mara tense but he placed a calming hand on her knee. He stood and rounded the table, ending his trek in front of them both, smiling.

?Hey, Fixer, Camie,? Luke said. ?Let me introduce you to my wife,? he paused, still not quite believing he could actually use that word in context with himself. ?Mara, these are those friends I told you about, Fixer and Camie. Guys, this is my wife, Mara Jade Skywalker.?

Camie smiled and began telling Mara how pretty her dress looked. Luke glanced back at Fixer who had not said anything yet. When he was younger, Luke had been wary and sometimes scared of the older and bigger boy. Now, after all that had happened in his life, he stood straight, staring at the man before him. He watched as a grin crossed Fixer?s face.

?Congratulations,? Fixer said, holding out his hand.

Luke smiled and shook the offered hand. ?Thank you,? he answered, knowing that past hurts and past insults were done. Whatever Fixer had thought of him before had no place next to the respect Fixer held for him now.

Luke returned to his seat as the two made their way to another table. Mara placed a hand on his knee and Luke smiled at her. He saw the slight concern in her eyes.

*Later, he sent and smiled again when she nodded slowly. Motion from his right caused Luke to look up, in time to see Wes Janson walk to the front of the room, a metal bucket in his hand.

?Did you give the flimsies to all the women?? Wes Janson asked his best friend, Hobbie Klivan.

?I did,? Hobbie replied, a dour look on his face. ?But you know Luke will have to stop Mara from killing you.?

?Nah, she?ll think it?s funny,? Wes replied, reaching for the small microphone that lay on the table next to him. He grinned and clipped it to the collar of his shirt, adjusted it a bit, before winking at Hobbie and walking away, carrying a metal bucket.

?Ladies and gentlebeings!? Wes called out, getting everyone?s attention. Conversation slowed and then finally stopped as everyone in the backroom of the Grand Hall looked up to see what the Rogue pilot wanted. ?Luke and Mara would you come here,? he requested.

Luke and Mara exchanged a glance with all at their table before getting up and walking over to where Wes stood. Wes held his face still, not wanting to give anything away. He set the bucket down at Luke and Mara?s feet. Both raised an eyebrow but he said nothing. He looked out at the beings and grinned.

?As of today, Luke is no longer on the open market,? Wes began. ?I?m sad t

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ah, Beauty and the Beast. ONe of my favorite movies. Some how I missed two posts. Very nice that they are using Anakin and Padme's rings. I loved the joke Wes pulled. It was cute.

3. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Nice couple of posts.

That stunt Wes pulled was great.

4. MaraAkaRED

MaraAkaRED Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2004
    Hey

AWE. That was so sweet.

That song was awesome. It really was perfact. I am so happy. I am kinda sad that it is over though. You are awesome. I love Beauty & The Beast. Wow. I can not say how that awesome that was. Well till next time.

oh & happy Thanksgiving.

*Red*

5. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Beautiful wedding. I adore the vows. They were perfect.
    One of these days, one of Wes's pranks are going to back fire on him and bite him on the butt. [face_laugh]

I love the twist on the Beauty and the Beast song. Very creative. wonderful dance.

Happy Thanksgiving
    *green_eyes*

6. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    :D

yeah!!!!!

hrmmm did you find that old thread about disney SW crossovers? I think I remember mentioning this in there :D
    ;) if you can find it the Aladdin crossover that we actually did was hillarious

//Oh I come from a land, from a faraway place
    //Where the caravan speeders roam
    //Where the city's immense
    //And Politics intense
    //It's barbaric, but hey, it's home

That was wonderful!!!

7. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    RebelMom: Ah, Beauty and the Beast. ONe of my favorite movies. :D I like it too.
    Some how I missed two posts. I was wondering where you were.
    Very nice that they are using Anakin and Padme's rings. :D Weird idea that bit me while I was writting it. I loved it and made sure it came to pass.
    I loved the joke Wes pulled. It was cute. That actually happened at my cousin's wedding. The MC placed a metal bucket in front of my cousin and his wife and told all the ladies in the room that had a key to his house they had to return it or my cousin's wife would be mad. I just had to add it to my story cause I figured that would be a stunt Wes would pull.

Jedi_BMK: Nice couple of posts.

That stunt Wes pulled was great.
    Thanks. I'm glad you like them and Wes' stunt.

MaraAkaRED: Hey Howdy

AWE. That was so sweet. :D Thanks.

That song was awesome. It really was perfact. I am so happy. I am kinda sad that it is over though. You are awesome. I love Beauty & The Beast. Wow. I can not say how that awesome that was. Well till next time. I'm glad you like that song. I knew it fit Luke and Mara except for the Beauty and the Beast part :p So I tweaked it. And the story's not over. I have one more post left.

oh & happy Thanksgiving. To you as well. Hope you had a good one.

green_eyes: Beautiful wedding. I adore the vows. They were perfect. Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.
    One of these days, one of Wes's pranks are going to back fire on him and bite him on the butt. Hehe, I think something did do that. Only it wasn't one of Wes' pranks. It was Wedge's prank. And it did get Wes' attention. If you haven't, read the X-Wing series.

I love the twist on the Beauty and the Beast song. Very creative. wonderful dance. Thanks. I knew the song fit just not that line so I changed it.

Happy Thanksgiving You too.

marmaijade: yeah!!!!!

hrmmm did you find that old thread about disney SW crossovers? I think I remember mentioning this in there
    No actually I just had that song and knew it fit them, except for that one line.
    if you can find it the Aladdin crossover that we actually did was hillarious

//Oh I come from a land, from a faraway place
    //Where the caravan speeders roam
    //Where the city's immense
    //And Politics intense
    //It's barbaric, but hey, it's home
    [face_laugh] Oh, I could just see someone riding a bantha or something across the Tatooine night and talking about Coruscant like that.

Thanks

That was wonderful!!!
    You're welcome.

Author Question: I have one more post for this story. My question now is: Do you want the post tonight or tomorrow?

8. MaraAkaRED

Oct 30, 2004
    It may be a little late but I would prefer it tonight. Thank you for even writting one more post. Well I hope you get to it soon.

9. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    MaraAkaRED: It may be a little late but I would prefer it tonight. Thank you for even writting one more post. Well I hope you get to it soon. Nah, you're not late. And you're welcome.

Well, this is the last post. Man, I'm amazed this got this far. From being just an idea tickling in the back of my mind to a story thread with over 500 replies in it and to be nominated in two awards ceremony, once with two catagories, and go on to the voting round in the second awards ceremony, is a little mindboggling. Hehe, my story was even running against authors I admire and respect as being awesome writers. To think others thought my little story was good enough to be even near those stories and authors is amazing. Thanks to all my readers. I hope you enjoyed this journey as much as I have. [:D]

This post is for RebelMom, Jaina and Jag, and MaraAkaRED. Enjoy. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two blue shrouded forms stood off to the side, unseen and unnoticed by all in the vast room. The smiles on their faces showed that both held no ill intent to the many beings watching the newly wedded couple dance. One even had tears shining in his blue eyes.

?You did it,? the blue eyed one said to the other. ?Though when you told him to leave her I was wondering if you had lost it.?

?Anakin,? the other said, grinning. ?I had to see how deep his devotion to her was.?

?Still, Qui-Gon, you had me worried for a second.?

?Why did you tell them to get a room?? Qui-Gon asked, frowning. ?Luke could have recognized your voice. The whole point was for them not to know we were playing matchmaker.?

Anakin shrugged. ?Thought is sounded like a good idea at the time.?

Qui-Gon Jinn laughed as another blue shrouded form took shape next to them. ?Continue, the Skywalker line will,? it said, a mischievous grin on its green face. ?Feel for the galaxy, I do.?

?Hey now,? Anakin cried. ?I resent that Yoda.?

?Resent it, you may. My feeling, it still is,? Yoda replied grinning.

Anakin was about to make another reply when another presence made itself know. He smiled down at Padme as she watched their son and his new wife slowly, reluctantly return to the table. He took her hand and watched as well. He wondered if his life would have been different. If he had not falling to the dark would he and Padme be there, sitting with Luke and Leia, laughing along with Han?s joke and welcoming his daughter-in-law into the family.

He felt Padme press closer to him and wrapped an arm around her waist. Maybe, he reflected, everything happened as it should. Yoda?s always saying the future is in motion and maybe if I hadn?t fallen Luke and Leia wouldn?t have met the wonderful beings they know now. Though, I?d still give anything to know you my son, my daughter. I?m sorry.

?They have already forgiven you, Padawan,? a new voice softly said. Anakin turned and smiled at his old master, Obi-Wan. The brown-robed man smiled back and clapped his hand on Anakin?s shoulder. He gestured back at Luke and Mara. ?He couldn?t have picked a better person. No matter what they face, they?ll keep each other strong.?

Anakin nodded and turned to look at his son and daughter one last time. Slowly each faded back into the Force, Anakin and Padme last to go. The dead leaving the living to continue on.

Stay strong, son, Anakin whispered as he faded. Believe in the love you and Mara share.

Luke looked around, a quizzical expression on his face. Mara laid a hand on his knee, drawing his gaze back to her.

?What?s wrong?? she asked, concerned.

?Could have sworn I heard my father?s voice,? Luke replied.

Mara frowned. Anakin Skywalker had been dead for quite sometime. It was unlikely he had said anything but Mara was not going to dismiss Luke?s belief out of hand. After all many stranger things had been discovered in the galaxy. ?What did he say?? she asked, curiously.

?To believe in our love and to stay strong,? Luke replied.

Mara cast her senses around, deciding to ch

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    A postie for me? :eek: Thank you.

Blue ghosties crashed the wedding. I love it. :D I especially love Yoda's crack. [face_laugh]

I hope to see something new from you in the future.

11. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    ?Continue, the Skywalker line will,? it said, a mischievous grin on its green face. ?Feel for the galaxy, I do.?

Me too. Those Skywalkers are trouble. ;)

Wait. It's over. I've never seen a story I've been followinh end since I started here (not counting viggies of course). Wow. So this is what that's like.

Great Job

12. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    *sniffle* That was so SWEET! And I absolutely adore Beauty and the Beast...I went to see it five times at the theater and that was before my son was born! :p

I loved Wes's prank, that was too cool. Lucky Luke, that Mara decided not to take it seriously. ;)

I loved Anakin and Padme and the other Jedi sneaking a peek at the party. And I laughed out loud at Yoda's comment about the Skywalkers. [face_laugh]

I like that Luke was able to hear Anakin, so maybe he knew he was there, even if only for a moment.

And right now, I envy you so much. Tell me, how does it feel to know that you finally finished it? I'm SO looking forward to that moment with Sleight of Hand, you just don't know! :p

Wonderful story and I can't wait to see what you have for us next!!

=D= =D= =D=

13. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    RebelMom: A postie for me? Thank you. You're welcome.

Blue ghosties crashed the wedding. I love it. I especially love Yoda's crack. Yep, and actually blue ghosties that started most of it ;) Who do you think was talking to Luke and Mara ;) :p I love Yoda's crack too.

I hope to see something new from you in the future. Oh, you will. There's Friend of Foe, which is set two years after this, Exhibitions, which is set four years after Friend or Foe, and We Are One which is set seven years after Exhibitions. Plus the Before the Saga story I'm posting right now. And I'm co-authoring a story with Jedi_Liz.

Jedi_BMK: Me too. Those Skywalkers are trouble. Hehe, yes they are. Though is it cause they look for trouble or trouble always finds them?

Wait. It's over. I've never seen a story I've been followinh end since I started here (not counting viggies of course). Wow. So this is what that's like. Hehe, well, I'm glad my story was your first to finish.

Great Job Thanks.

kayladie97: *sniffle* That was so SWEET! And I absolutely adore Beauty and the Beast...I went to see it five times at the theater and that was before my son was born! Well, I'm glad you liked that. I thought if fit them too well to resist putting it in ;) :p

I loved Wes's prank, that was too cool. Lucky Luke, that Mara decided not to take it seriously. Hehe, well that was from real life. My cousin got married and the MC at his reception did that only using keys. I just had to put it in and Wes was the natural one to do it. Don't you think?

I loved Anakin and Padme and the other Jedi sneaking a peek at the party. And I laughed out loud at Yoda's comment about the Skywalkers. Hehe, you think Anakin's going to miss his son's wedding. And Yoda likes to pick on Anakin in the afterlife :p

I like that Luke was able to hear Anakin, so maybe he knew he was there, even if only for a moment. Had to do that. Couldn't not let Luke hear his daddy.

And right now, I envy you so much. Tell me, how does it feel to know that you finally finished it? I'm SO looking forward to that moment with Sleight of Hand, you just don't know! Uh, oddly enough I really don't feel anything right now. I had already finished writting and rewritting it before I finished posting it. When I finished the rewrite I PM my beta saying 'Yahoo! It's done!' or something like that. Of course me not feeling anything right now could be caused by the fact I have family in town for Thanksgiving and I'm slowly going 8-}

Wonderful story and I can't wait to see what you have for us next!! Thanks and I hope you like what I do have in store.

14. MaraAkaRED

Oct 30, 2004
    Thanks for the post I really appreciate it.
    Wow you are done that was so cute. I love the others. It was so awesome.

15. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Wonderful ending! Liked the blue ghosties. ;) But I can't remember what favor that Luke owed Mara. My brain's getting old. :( Anyway, I enjoyed the whole story, and looking forward to your next ones.

16. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I can't believe I almost missed the ending of your fic, BA! Loved it. :) Can't wait for the sequel.

~~Jilly

17. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    What huh? Sequel?? huh??

he owes mara? I'm drawing a blank what for?

:: ducks and hides::

well done J_M!!

18. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Author's Note: I have managed to get 19 pages of the sequel typed in, even with having family memebers down for Thanksgiving and a floppy disc that decided to annoy me and not open. I hope to finish typing it in fully soon and get it to obaona so she can beta it. I'll make sure to annouce the date I post it here and provide a link. If anyone wants a PM notifaction for when I post it tell me.

MaraAkaRED: Thanks for the post I really appreciate it. You're welcome.
    Wow you are done that was so cute. I love the others. It was so awesome. Thanks. Awesome? [face_blush] Thank you.

Jedi-2B: Wonderful ending! Liked the blue ghosties. I was hoping everyone would like that. But I can't remember what favor that Luke owed Mara. My brain's getting old. That was because she allowed Kelly to be her bodyguard. She warned Luke he owed her. Anyway, I enjoyed the whole story, and looking forward to your next ones. I hope you enjoy those as much. I do have one that I'm posting on the Before the Sage.

Mouse: I can't believe I almost missed the ending of your fic, BA! I was wondering where you were. Glad you got to the end. Loved it. Can't wait for the sequel. Thanks and I can't wait to see how everyone reacts in the sequel.

maramijade: What huh? Sequel?? huh?? Hehe, yeah, there are four stories in this series, uh, well technally you could say they are five and the Before the Sage story is the prequel to this story. Anyway, I'm just carving out a slice in the SW universe that don't include Callista.

he owes mara? I'm drawing a blank what for? Yeah, when Mara allowed Kelly to be her bodyguard she warned Luke that he would owe her.

:: ducks and hides:: No need to duck and hide. I don't mind questions.

well done J_M!! Thanks.

19. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Well done sis =D=

I cant wait for #2 woo woo

And the pm for the first post goes without saying.

That was nice that Ani and Padme got to see their son and daughter for on last time.

And Yoda's comment made me laugh too.

20. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Sis: Well done sis

I cant wait for #2 woo woo
    Hehe, thanks. I'm working very hard on typing in the sequel.

And the pm for the first post goes without saying. You got it.

That was nice that Ani and Padme got to see their son and daughter for on last time. I'm too much of a romantic not to let Anakin and Padme see their son's wedding.

And Yoda's comment made me laugh too. :D Goodie. I wanted it to.

21. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Hi, JM,

Sorry I've been absent lately. RL has been very busy, and it's taking me a while to get caught up on all my stories.

Congratulations on completing TOHOM, and on doing such a fantastic job! Loved how Luke, Mara, and Brice disrupted the trial and how Zopyros got his comeuppance.

Luke's proposal was so sweet, and I was grinning from ear to ear when Mara accepted. It's so nice to see them able to share their love openly.

The family dinner scene was great, and I'm glad Sola came on to Coruscant so Leia could meet her. And I'm curious to see how Zekk is going to fit into your stories.

The wedding was just wonderful, absolutely perfect, and I was lol at Han's line at the end, and having Anakin, Padme, and the other blue ghosties there was the perfect touch. I really loved it! :)

Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving, and I'm looking forward to the sequel! I'd love a PM! :)

Kristeh

22. marajade208

marajade208 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2004
    Wonderful Story!!!!

Sequel sounds interesting.

Please PM me

Thanks

23. MaraAkaRED

Oct 30, 2004
    Hi again.

I just have a queston & a coment on something you said so another poster.

The question is would it be too much trouble to pm me when your sequel goes up if it is that is ok I will just ask Senator_Leia73 to do so when you Pm her.

The coment was that I also loved the the ghosts of Anakin & Padme. I also think that it would not be as sweet if they were not there. I also am too much of a romantic to not have the important people in the family show up. Well thankyou so much that was an awesome story.

*Red*

24. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    kristeh: Hi, JM, Hey, kristeh

Sorry I've been absent lately. RL has been very busy, and it's taking me a while to get caught up on all my stories. Oh, I was wondering where you were. I wanted to see how you reacted to Anakin and Padme being at the wedding.

Congratulations on completing TOHOM, and on doing such a fantastic job! Loved how Luke, Mara, and Brice disrupted the trial and how Zopyros got his comeuppance. Thanks. And I couldn't let Zopyros win. That wouldn't be right. *whispers* Besides, Kelly would kill me.

Luke's proposal was so sweet, and I was grinning from ear to ear when Mara accepted. It's so nice to see them able to share their love openly. :D Glad you like that. I really didn't plan that until later in writing the story.

The family dinner scene was great, and I'm glad Sola came on to Coruscant so Leia could meet her. And I'm curious to see how Zekk is going to fit into your stories. I actually forgot about Luke's promise to Sola [face_blush]. So, I wrote that part as a big afterthought. Glad it worked out. Zekk's future is shown later. It's already been decided by me ;)

The wedding was just wonderful, absolutely perfect, and I was lol at Han's line at the end, and having Anakin, Padme, and the other blue ghosties there was the perfect touch. I really loved it! I'm glad you like the wedding. Han's line about letting Mara up for air came from my uncle's wedding. The pastor told my uncle that. And I figured you'd love Anakin and Padme showing up. ;)

Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving, and I'm looking forward to the sequel! I'd love a PM! I did. Sequel's coming along great. And, I'll definitely PM you.

marajade208: Wonderful Story!!!!

Sequel sounds interesting.

Please PM me
    Welcome and thanks. I'm glad you like the story. *adds marajade208 to the PM list*

MaraAkaRED: Hi again. Howdy

I just have a queston & a coment on something you said so another poster. Okay.

The question is would it be too much trouble to pm me when your sequel goes up if it is that is ok I will just ask Senator_Leia73 to do so when you Pm her. Not any trouble at all. *adds Red to the list*

The coment was that I also loved the the ghosts of Anakin & Padme. I also think that it would not be as sweet if they were not there. I also am too much of a romantic to not have the important people in the family show up. Well thankyou so much that was an awesome story. Hehe, thanks. And you're welcome.

25. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Hey Thwack!

I've been an awful awful lurker, but I finally got to the end. Wow! What an accomplishment for you. =D=

Thanks to all my readers. I hope you enjoyed this journey as much as I have.

No thank you. I know how much blood, sweat and tears go into writing a story of this quality and length. The journey has been amazing, especially watching you grow and improve into a great writer. On to a sequel huh? Awesome! I'll be here reading even if you don't always see me. If you could please - let me know when you start posting again. [:D] Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.