main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The OTHER Kiss That Changed Everything, one-shot, ESB H/L Author Replies 12.17.08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LittleCat, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleCat

LittleCat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2008
    A/N: *Deep breath* Okay, here it is, my first fic!! A simple H/L fluff piece, all critiques welcome! I have to dedicate this to LASOS who pushed me kicking in screaming into the scary unknown waters of story writing :D I couldn?t have done it without your encouragement! The song quote is a nod to your influences ;)

Disclaimer: The Star Wars universe belongs to George Lucas.

---------------------------------

The OTHER Kiss That Changed Everything

?Trying to make sense of this puzzle, but feeling like the pieces are scattered all around this room. Oh, and when will I just listen to the truth, that the pieces of this puzzle just don?t fit without you.?
    -Stephen Speaks, Puzzle Pieces

I?m in big trouble. HUGE trouble.

Not that that?s anything new. I?m always in trouble; let?s face it, I have more lives than an overly curious Alderaanian pittin. I?ve just never been in this kind of trouble: the kind I can?t talk or shoot my way out of. Give me laser fire and garbage chutes any day, but this?

Force, that?s what started it all?laser fire and garbage chutes?and one Corellian spacer whose ego was bigger than his ship.

Three years later, here we are. Here I am, aimlessly pacing in my quarters, trying to find my way out of an epiphany that has swallowed me whole. The walls of ice seem to mock me with their clarity. What I wouldn?t give for an answer as clear as the crystal lattices surrounding me. My enlightenment came only moments ago, and it blindsided me like a Tatooine sandstorm. I can?t believe my own discovery, and yet the more I hesitantly investigate it, the more sure I am that it is all too true.

I love Han Solo. I am IN love with Han Solo, and it took kissing another man for me to realize it.

Oh boy. How did this happen?

The day started out innocently enough. Well, okay, even that is a lie. I woke up this day cycle after having one of those dreams that could melt the walls of my icy room. The kind of dream that I wouldn?t admit to if an Imperial interrogation droid was hovering over me. Of all the infuriating things that have happened to me, all the enemies I?ve encountered and situations where I have barely escaped with my life, my dreams are the biggest adversary I have. No matter how hard I try, I might as well be playing a game of Roonadan roulette every night cycle. I cannot control what goes on in my head, and that terrifies me. Things happen when I?m not in control; planets get destroyed when I?m not in control.

I guess the dreams should have been my first clue though. Instead, I chalked it up to the frenzy of the past couple of days. We hadn?t been back from Ord Mantell more than three days, and in that time Han had announced his departure, ridden off into the lethal Hoth night, and returned to base no worse for wear. Luke, however, hadn?t been so lucky.

We had been keeping silent vigil over Luke all that day. It was the most civil we had been to each other since Han had admitted he was leaving, and I think we were both too scared from the events of the previous night to say much of anything. Finally, Han had surprised me by looking me squarely in the eye and admitting, ?You know, you kept me going, Princess.?

?What?? I was immediately spellbound by his unwavering gaze.

?When we were stranded out there. It was so cold. I just kept thinking to myself, Leia Organa would never let a little weather beat her.?

I laughed at that moment, and the tension in the room seemed to evaporate. I couldn?t believe how silly we?d been over the past twenty-four hours. I couldn?t believe how little we?d spoken since he?d come back from his suicide mission alive. I couldn?t believe?

?Of course, thinking about that flight suit you wore on Yaga Minor didn?t hurt my chances either.?

Son of a Sith!

?Why of all the?I can?t believe you! You scrawny excuse for a Hutt!? I admit, I could have come up with a better retort had I not been so flustered by his blatant innuendo. You?d think I?d be used to it by now, but at that moment I was

2. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Boy, I sure showed me. - I really liked that line! Good job with this insight into Leia's confused mind! =D=

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Oh, Leia. Poor, confused girl.

Love the way this is written. :D Cute one-shot!

4. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Excellent!

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I always wondered what could be going on inside Leia's head at that moment. Excellent one-shot. =D=

6. winterseh

winterseh Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2001
    Good Job! High Five for being brave and posting your fine work here for us to enjoy. I enjoyed your insight into Leia's thoughts. If you have more stories, post 'em!

7. LASOS

LASOS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2008
    Okay, so this is what I've done in the past few minutes:
    -Check the JC Boards.
    -See PM from you.
    -Scream with joy.
    -Assure dad and brother that I'm fine because walls in the mountain cabin aren't as thick as I thought.
    -Grin stupidly.
    -Download Stephen Speaks song ("Out of My League"-I couldn't find "Puzzle Pieces on iTunes" :( )
    -Proceed to read "The OTHER Kiss That Changed Everything," still grinning excitedly.
    -Review story.
    Whew. There's the play-by-play.

So, first of all: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! This is amazing and hilarious!!!!! GREAT JOB! I LOVE IT! (And, I TOLD you that you shouldn't be nervous, silly girl!) That's my honest opinion, just like you asked. I love, love, love it. And I love that it was funny. I have such a hard time writing humor, but clearly, you do not. Wonderful!

I laughed about the pittin, because I thought about the Wookieepedia entry on pittins and the one that Leia's aunt owned that Leia named All-Terrain Attack Vehicle. If I ever get a cat, I'm naming it that.

Hoo boy, Leia can't talk her way out of being in love with Han, can she? :)

Ummmm, can we have a PM of that dream??? [face_laugh]

I thought Han was going to be really sweet when he told her she kept him going, but of course, it's Han, so we all should have known better!

They're so in character, by the way. I really think all those thoughts ran through her head during this time in the movie.

I wanted to show him.

Boy, I sure showed me.

[face_laugh]

Oh stars, I love him. AWWWW! Squee! I heart mush!

Dear Gods, had everybody known about this before I did? OF COURSE they did, Leia, you silly girl!

Love it. =D= And a big [:D] to you for posting! Way to go!!!! Except NOW you have to post more, because everyone likes your work and you can't just leave them hanging. Vet school? Nope. Welcome to the world of Han/Leia fanfic. :)

8. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Great stuff Cat, this is really well done. =D= Can't wait to see what you come up with next. I've got the urge to print it out so I can tape it into my novel copy of Empire. :p

9. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Hello.

Wow! I have to say, you weave a perfect tale here.

Really glad you decided to post this. And you should really consider writing more fanfics. The way you incorporated canon material was brilliant considering how original the story still seemed to be.

As for the H/L interactions, they were pretty much flawless. Good job.

Thanks for a wonderful read.

10. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    Congratulations LittleCat

Excellent debut! =D=

I love the way you introduced a very confused Leia to us.
    "Boy, I sure showed me." [face_laugh] That was a great line

Zsuzsa

11. LittleCat

May 26, 2008
    WOW! :eek: Thank you all SOOOO much for your amazingly warm welcomes and story replies! [:D] I wrote this story thinking that I might get a reply or two and ever since I woke up this morning I've had a smile stretched from ear to ear!! :D I am SO flattered and humbled by everyone who has reviewed, and I am so appreciative of all of your kind words. My sincerest THANK YOU to you all, I'm pretty new here and I'm glad to have found more people who love H/L as much as I do! You have definitely given me the courage to write more stories, and now maybe that POST button won't look so intimidating!

-------------------------------------------

PonyTricks:
    Good job with this insight into Leia's confused mind!

Thank you PonyTricks!! It was definitely hard for me to write confused Leia?what?s there to be confused about? It?s HAN SOLO!!! =P~

Idrelle_Miocovani:
    Poor, confused girl.

*sigh* I know, right? She just needs to give up on thinking and go with the flow! ;) Thanks for the review!

ccp:
    Excellent!

Thank you! And thanks so much for reading! :D

Sara_Kenobi:
    I always wondered what could be going on inside Leia?s head at that moment.

Meee too! I always watch that scene and think: hmmm, how in the world did she justify that? Thank you! :D

winterseh:
    High Five for being brave

Thank you, I was SO beyond nervous!! It sat finished on my desktop for 48 hours until I could get up the guts to push that big horrendous POST button!

If you have more stories, post ?em!

I don?t have anything else written right now, but I do have several other stories floating around in my head, and now I have more courage to write them! Thanks for reading! :)

LASOS:
    LASOS!!!! [:D] Thank you thank you thank you for encouraging me to post this, I?m so glad you liked it!

Hahaha your play-by-play cracked me up?how are the mountains? Hope you?re having a restful time at your (not-so-thick-walled) cabin!

I thought about the Wookieepedia entry on pittins and the one that Leia's aunt owned that Leia named All-Terrain Attack Vehicle. If I ever get a cat, I'm naming it that.

hahahaha I love it, I read that too when I was doing research online last week! I named my cat Tsukahara after a gymnastics move that I landed the same week I got him?it?s not a vehicle but it sure is a mouthful!

Ummmm, can we have a PM of that dream???

Hahaha one thing at a time!!! Let?s make sure I can write regular stories before I test the waters of smutty stories!

They're so in character, by the way.

Thank you! That was what scared me the most, I wanted it to be believable!

AWWWW! Squee! I heart mush!

Squee!! Me too! I loved writing that.

Vet school? Nope. Welcome to the world of Han/Leia fanfic.

You mean I have to write more!?! Hahahaha!!! Loves girl! [:D]

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal:
    I've got the urge to print it out so I can tape it into my novel copy of Empire.

:eek: Wow! That?s the coolest compliment. I?m so flattered!!

Great stuff Cat, this is really well done.

Thank you so much, I?m so glad you liked it!

epithree:
    Wow! I have to say, you weave a perfect tale here.

Thanks! I wanted it to plausibly fit right in the middle of the two scenes without too much of a time lapse.

Really glad you decided to post this. And you should really consider writing more fanfics. The way you incorporated canon material was brilliant considering how original the story still seemed to be.

Thank you for such a warm reception, I feel so welcomed by everyone!! I?m definitely going to write more!

As for the H/L interactions, they were pretty much flawless. Good job.

I?m speechless, thank you so much!! [:D]

zsuzsa:
    Excellent debut!

Thank you!

"Boy, I sure showed me." That was a great line

12. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Wonderful insight into Leia's mind! =D=

13. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    That was fantastic! You did a great job of writing Leia. I really liked these lines:
    Things happen when I?m not in control; planets get destroyed when I?m not in control.
    Suddenly, it all made sense. My overt display of hatred was such a false bravado that I couldn?t believe I had fallen for it all these years. How had I not seen past it? Kest, how had he not seen past it? And that?s when I realized that Han already knew.

Great fic! =D=

14. LittleCat

May 26, 2008
    Golden_Jedi:
    Wonderful insight into Leia's mind!

Wow! Thank you so much, I love your stories, it means a lot that you would comment on mine!! :D

amidalachick:
    That was fantastic! You did a great job of writing Leia.

Thank you! I'm so glad it was believable. Thanks for reading!! :D

15. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Yup, she sure showed herself! That was the best line, it said it all!

Everyone figured it out long before she (consciously)did. Her dreams told her otherwise, if only she'd listen.

Well done!

16. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    That was lovely!...Loved how you pictured Leia's musings![face_love]

I really like how Luke wasn't kissing back..Luke's attitude afterwards can be attributed to him helping Leia in making Han jealous...

Very well written!!..EXCElENT JOB on this One-Short!!!=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. LittleCat

May 26, 2008
    dm1:
    Her dreams told her otherwise, if only she'd listen.

As usual, Leia's biggest road block is herself!

Well done!

Thank you so much, and thanks for reading!! :D

Lady_Skywalker87:
    Luke's attitude afterwards can be attributed to him helping Leia in making Han jealous

Boys will be boys!! ;)

Very well written!!

Aww shucks, thank you!! [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.