main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Padme's Ship "do everything" button.

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by STACCO, Aug 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STACCO

STACCO Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    Yeah, press it once, it gets you direct hologram comm. with the Jedi Council, press it twice, you get a map of Geonosis. ¿Does it make coffe on the third or what?

2. G_Lucas_8_my_hamster

G_Lucas_8_my_hamster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    yip, its a blooper.

3. Grand_Moff_Monkey

Grand_Moff_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    I think it's actually the same shot used twice. GL hoped no one would notice. Oh well.

4. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Padmé's ship is specially equipped for women - easy to use ;)

5. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    Heehee...

That is a really funny observation. I don't think I'll be able to watch that scene without laughing again...

6. Jedi_jem

Jedi_jem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Kinda like Han in the Falcon [face_laugh]

The hyperdrive lever seems to do more than one thing...

7. Maladour-Fei

Maladour-Fei Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Imagine the wonderful manual for the ship...

8. rsterling78

rsterling78 Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2002
    Lucas: Okay, I want the Clone Troopers to all move asynchronously so they seem more like individual people. I want Yoda's robe to billow a bit as he walks. Oh, and I want you to make sure that Wat Tambor's armor reflects his hand when he touches the control dial.

FX Guy: No problem, George. What about the controls on Padme's ship?

Lucas: Oh, for that just use the same piece of footage two or three times.

9. Maladour-Fei

Maladour-Fei Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Yeah, It has got to be planned! ;) GL said to his designers: Now, this is a girlie ship, it's supposed to be easy to use! Giv it a button and an automatic pilot and don't even think about giving it a manual gearstick!

10. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Hey, some of us girlies know our way around various vehicles.

Lol, I too would love to see the design schematics on that ship.

"Press do everything button once to relay a message to the Jedi council. Press twice to show planet where the master of your padawan "friend" has managed to get himself captured. Press three times to pour yourself a deliscious cup of Jawa juice, from frestly sqweezed Jawa. Press four times if you would like to hear these options in Spanish; ..."

11. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    yeah.. i guess we all noticed that blooper... It's little thing like that that you would expect the editors of AOTC to notice [considering thats what they get paid for] :)

12. STACCO

Jun 17, 2002
    Yikes! I´ll hold public burnings of the AOTC "Incredible Cross-sections" until they devote a full fold-out to the wonders of that button.

13. AnotherAgentSmith

AnotherAgentSmith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    While it's most likely a blooper indeed mind you it's always possible it is a multi-purpose button.

Like say the alt, enter, ctrl keys on a keyboard or say a mouse button? Possible.

14. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    My camera has a button that sets exposure, sets white balance, sets aperture, deletes pictures and sets photo effects depending on what mode you're in at the time.

15. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    The left button on my mouse can be used for more than one thing, so why can't the button on Padme's starship?

16. Bariss_Coffee

Bariss_Coffee Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Then what do all those other buttons and gadgets do?

17. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Oh I see, you support affirmative action-- every button must be pushed the exact same amount of times.

18. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    It's a 1-2-3 button. Like looking for the right irritating little jingle on your cell phone. Except, with maps.

19. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    Can't wait for the DVD! I'm sure we'll find lot's of bloopers.

20. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Yeah, press it once, it gets you direct hologram comm. with the Jedi Council, press it twice, you get a map of Geonosis. ¿Does it make coffe on the third or what?

[face_laugh]

Yea, I noticed that too.

What're the chances Padme actually went back to her ship to use that button to locate Dooku's hangar after she recovered from that fall from the gunship? :p

21. STACCO

Jun 17, 2002
    DVD running commentary:

Set Designer: "Yeah, we filled the ship´s panels with bottons. Here we see Padme pushing one of them to communicate with the Jedi Council..." (A short while later) "And here she... erm... pushes, the SAME, that´s the same button, isn't it?... Erm... well, of course, we all know that prequel technology is so much more advanced than that of the first three films and we though that this "do everything" button would be a nice way to condense that feeling in a subtle, yet powerful way... It´s very much like the buttons we find in our cell-phones which, undoubtedly are the pinnacle of todays technology... Right George?."

GEORGE: "(Sniff) Yeah, like I said before, I like the films to "rhyme" among themselves, one scene has resonance of another like... erm... the "do everything button" and the "Do everything lever" in the Falcon and... erm..."

22. Astraeus

Astraeus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    If you ask George about that button, he'll say that it's a tribute to Flash Gordon and similar serials of the 1930s, meticulously planned out as a respectful gesture when he formulated the entire storyline of all the films in the 70s.

George's notebook:
    "Episode II - Retro spaceship with retro controls, as a last gesture to the nostalgic golden age of the Republic. Possibly look into salvaging Robbie the Robot footage if co-pilot character is needed."

;) :D

23. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Then what do all those other buttons and gadgets do?

The other buttons are decoys. This way the real button can do neat covert things. Just like Padme.

I wanted to comment on Natalie's button-pushing style. She pushes all the buttons so hard! You can almost see her fingrtip turn white. It reminds me of a child.

From the DVD, GL: Well, that is a metaphor for Padme pushing Anakin's buttons.......The same button, over and over again, but this is a PG DVD so I won't tell you what button that is, but you can figure it out.......(giggles)

24. Draculas_guest

Draculas_guest Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2001
    Its probably just Natalie Portmans fault more than anything.
    I remember when TPM was released, I saw an interview with Liam Neeson, and he described that on one part of filming, him and Ewan MacGregor were in the cockpit of the ship, and they asked Lucas "What are we supposed to do?", and Lucas responded with "Take off!", and apparently Liam and Ewan looked at each other with a big grin on their face and just started tapping all of the buttons and had a blast doing something that they did when they were 8 years old (Pretending they were flying a spaceship). It sounds like Liam and Ewan went ape poopy with the idea of acting like they were in a real spaceship, where as Natalie Portman probably just thought "hey I'll just tap this button here" and didnt really think about it too much.
    (Sigh) if only my PC was that easy to use

25. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    It always got me when she kept pushing that button.

I don't remember a scene in TPM with Obi and Qui doing that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.