main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Pain of Betrayal (Jedi/Sith RP Need 2 male jedi, 1 female Jedi, 1 Sith Lord!!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Twin_Saber, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    The Pain of Betrayal - an Old Republic RPG

The Plot:
    Four young Jedi. Best friends since their youth. But on one mission when they are separated one of them disappears. She is presumed dead by her Master and peers. But the other three don't belive it, they won't believe it. That one of them could actually die was unacceptable. And so they were kept to the Temple for months by their Masters, who feared that the group would do something reckless. Little did any of them know that their friend was far from dead, but was going through the worst pain she could imagine and the transformation into the sworn enemy of the Jedi. A Sith. And now the four are setting out, against all orders to the contrary, to seek their lost friend. They trust no one but each other as their self-assigned quest carries them from one end of the Galaxy to the other.

Rules:
    1. No godmoding
    2. Obey the TOS.
    3. GM's word is final.
    4. PM all character sheets to GM for approval before posting.

Character Sheet:

The Jedi
    Name:
    Eyes:
    Personality:
    Bio:
    Lightsaber:

The Sith Lord
    Name:
    Personality:
    Bio:
    Lightsaber:
    Hair:
    Eyes:
    Introduction
    This is a literate Star Wars RP set during the prime of the Old Republic. This means before even Yoda people! None of the Jedi we know of exist, so we'll make them up as they come into the picture. We will need the three young Jedi and the Sith Lord who captures their friend. I will play the Sith Apprentice. The young Jedi must contain 2 guys and 1 girl. The Sith Lord can be any gender, it doesn't matter.

St. Edit: Following edits kindly made to this post by its author and GM, Twin_Saber, I am proud to unlock this thread and declare this RPG *snips yellow ribbon* open!

2. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Accepted Characters

Name: Arin Narran
    Sith Name: Darth Ataxia
    Hair: black, reaches to just below her shoulder blades.
    Eyes: Stormy gray.
    Outfit: Black sleeveless shirt, black pants, black boots.
    Personality: Sarcastic and rebellious, Arin often questioned the Council's orders. Then again, she questioned everyone's orders. She was a natural leader when she wished to be but did all she could to discourage gathering a following. Since her change of sides she has become even more sarcastic and the slight sadistic tendencies that had shown themselves at times in her training have come out full force. She's merciless in a fight and will do almost anything to get what she wants with no regrets or second-thoughts.
    Bio: Arin was discovered by the Jedi at the age of three and taken to the Temple. There she did well in most of her classes, her problems lying in meditation and healing. She turned out to be a natural with a lightsaber and focused most of her free time practicing and perfecting her skills until young Jedi Knights and other Padawans and Apprentices had little chance of beating her. But she never did master meditation and was horrible at healing. With her rebellious tendencies and unorthodox ways of solving prisoner problems, mainly the fact that she took none and instead disposed of her enemies, cause the Council to worry. So she was given a Master to counter her personality, but it didn't work as well as they'd wished. Master Silas was his name and he and Arin did not get along at all. To him she was an impetuous teen who wouldn't listen to direction of any kind and to her he was a hide-bound meditating do-nothing who would rather dither over courses of action than carry them out. Then came the fateful mission in which she was captured by the Sith Lord and reported dead. She became his apprentice, Darth Ataxia, and did better as a Sith than she had as a Jedi.
    Lightsaber: Blood red.

Name: Tevin "Deuce" Katal
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Emerald w/ Silver Flecks
    Outfit: Black loose-fitting pants, tight black short-sleeve shirt, black flight jacket, black military boots, black belt, black fingerless gloves
    Personality: Sharp wit, intelligent, mirthful, courageous, fierce in battle
    Bio: Born on Corellia, Tevin was raised as a member of the Jedi Order. He excelled at lightsaber combat studies and tactics, as well as using his core Force abilities at a Knight level very quickly and developing other powers quickly as well. He is very intelligent and a quick learner. He has a photographic memory. Tevin is set to complete the trials within the next six months and become a Jedi Knight.
    Lightsaber: Tevin carries two lightsabers: one has a silver hilt with an emerald blade, and the other is a silver blade with a black hilt. That's how he earned his nickname, Deuce.
    Species: Human

Name: Nina Marren (NEE-nuh MARE-en)
    Age: 20 (I can change this if necessary, I don't know how old you wanted them to be.)
    Hair: Brown, waist-length, worn in a single braid. Her Padawan braid (Note to GM: I?m assuming the friends are all still Padawans, since you mention their Masters) falls a few inches past her shoulder.
    Eyes: Blue
    Outfit: Prefers black leggings and a plain tunic, with a dark blue long-waisted overcoat and black boots. (Similar to Padmé?s battle attire in Ep. 1) Will wear traditional Jedi robes on ceremonial occasions.
    Personality: Stubborn, but usually friendly, playful, and a bit on the curious side. Since the disappearance of her friend, however, she has become a quiet, more reserved individual.
    Bio: Brought to the Temple as an infant, Nina Marren was raised in much the same manner as every other Jedi before her. As a child, Nina met and befriended three other Jedi children her own age, two boys and another girl, and from then on, one was not often seen without the other three, and their friendship only strengthened over time. On a recent mission, however, Nina?s female friend went missing, and was assumed dead by most of her pee

3. DarthAnakin101

DarthAnakin101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    Hey guys, I'm playing Darth Gedeus. I was just wondering who else signed up so that we can go ahead and start. Twin_Saber, I was thinking that if worst comes to worst we can make the last male Jedi an NPC and let everybody play him pretty much. But if you've gotten someone to play him, that's perfectly alright too.

4. Admiral_Riva_Denais

Admiral_Riva_Denais Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2008
    Hey! I can be Nina Maren, if you would like me to. This sounds fun! Squee!

5. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC: Nina Marren is already taken (by me), as are all the other characters, Twin_Saber just posted our sheets for us.

6. DarthAnakin101

Aug 21, 2005
    OOC: Just to let you know, Darth Gedeus was created by me. I didn't just call him.

7. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Let's give it a couple more days and if we don't get another player by then we can NPC him. Oh yeah, and Admiral_Riva_Denais; if you would like to play the last male char you can but all other characters are taken. *grins* Thanks for the enthusiasm!

8. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Grrr...It won't let me edit this into the accepted chars post. So I'm putting the last character here.

Name: Jesse "Jess" Dobek
    Hair: Brown with Gold streaks
    Eyes: Emerald Green
    Outfit: Tan tunic, brown pants, brown boots, brown belt, brown cloak
    Personality: Taciturn, cautious, determined, optimistic, prideful, overconfident
    Bio: Jesse was brought to the order at the age of one. He grew up, and was taken as an apprentice. He had made friends with three other padawans, who he and his master often teamed up with. On a mission that required all four of the Jedi Teams, one of the apprentice's disappears. The Masters said that she was dead, but he wouldn't believe it, he couldn't believe it. Feelings had been growing inside him, feelings of her, no one knew about them, not even his Master. He wasn't going to give up on her, he knew she was alive. He had too find her.
    Lightsaber: Silver hilt, Gold blade

And now, we are ready to start!!!

9. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Darth Ataxia knelt before her master Darth Gedeus, the cowl of her dark cloak down and her dark hair hanging around her face.

"You called, Master?" She asked quietly, her stormy eyes fixed on the floor. This was the one part of being a Sith that she didn't like, having to make herself vulnerable before someone else. But she did it. She was getting stronger and someday she'd be able to kill Gedeus and take over as a Sith Lady instead of just an apprentice.

10. DarthAnakin101

Aug 21, 2005
    IC: Darth Gedeus

"Yes, my apprentice," Lord Gedus said, touching her shoulder, implying that she could stand, "I sense worry in you. Worry for someone, or many someones." He turned and walked a few steps away from her, then turned back to look at her again. "I have a mission for you, one that will prove you are ready for the title of Dark Lady of the Sith."

Tag: Twin_Saber

11. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Ataxia got smoothly to her feet, linking her hands behind her and standing with her feet shoulder-width apart in a comfortable but formal stance.

"Yes?" She asked, managing to banish the eagerness from her voice if not her expressive face.

Tag: DarthAnakin

12. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Jesse 'Jess' Dobek
    Room of a Thousand Fountains.

Jess watched the water flow down the waterfall, he had been here many times but it always seemed to amaze him. It was beautiful, the sound of the water soothed his nerves. He came here when he was frustrated, and he was frustrated. Why wouldn't his Master listen, he knew Arin was still alive, he could feel it. All Jesse wanted, was for his Master to ask the council to call together a group of Jedi strong at locating people through the force and try to find Arin Narran. But his Master would say it wouldn't work, and then make a speech about the probability that she was dead. His master was never going to listen, so he was going to try alone, He knew he could do it. Jess sat on the floor and crossed his legs, he closed his eyes and opened his mind to the force, the force felt like a stream of water running through him and around him. He tried to focus on his feeling for Arin, an hour went by and he had no luck, he kept his mind open and his thought searching for her. Another hour passed and he hadn't found her, he gave up, the galaxy was too big for him to locate one presence. He got up off the floor and slumped down on the bench, he just sat there and stared at the fountain.

Tag: anyone

13. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Arin stiffened when she felt the slightest brush of someone's Force presence searching for her. Her sheilds instantly came up and locked her off from anyone searching for her through the Force. It was one of the first tricks darth Gedeus had taught her and one she had learned well.

Tag: Mister_Master

14. DarthAnakin101

Aug 21, 2005

Lord Gedeus noticed his apprentice put up her shields. "You have learned well, my apprentice," he said to her, "But I still sense compassion," he hissed the word as if it were venom in his mouth, "in you. Therefore, your final test, to prove you are a worthy heir to the Sith legacy, is to sacrifice those who matter most to you."

Tag: Darth Ataxia

15. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Ataxia's head snapped back to her master, her upper lip curling as he accused her of having compassion.

"That will not be a problem Master." She said succinctly, lowering her sheilds as she felt the searching presence give up. Her gray eyes met her master's red-orange ones rather defiantly, forgetting submission for the moment in her indignation.

Tag: Darth Gedeus

16. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Nina Marren
    Jedi Temple

Nina winced behind her blindfold as another bolt evaded her defenses and stung her arm. Scowling at the remote she couldn't see but knew was there, she finally deactivated her lightsaber, removed the blindfold, and shut off the remote. She'd come to the training rooms in hopes of venting her frustrations, but after an hour of practice Nina only found them increased as her conflicting emotions disrupted her ability to concentrate, and more than once a bolt slipped past her lightsaber.

Leaving the room, Nina retreated to her own chambers, thinking she might try to meditate again. She'd already attempted meditation once today, but was unable to achieve the emotional calm required. Usually, meditation came easily for her, but this whole situation with Arin missing and the other Jedi's all-too-quick acceptance of her death had left Nina uncharacteristically distraught and frustrated. Why had they all given up on Arin so quickly? Why would they so readily accept a death they were unable to confirm? Even Arin's Master had accepted the girl's "probable" death. Only Nina's other two friends, Jesse and "Deuce"--as Tevin was so called--shared Nina's belief that Arin was still alive.

As she neared the apartments she shared with her Master, Mordo Dyartes, she was slightly surprised when she sensed his presence within the rooms--he'd said he'd be in the archives until later that evening. In an instant, Nina knew what was going on: he wanted to talk about Arin again, to try to convince her once more that the other girl was gone, and that she must learn to let go. Attachment can lead to the dark side, too, Nina, he'd tell her.

Not at all in the mood to discuss Arin with someone who did not agree with her on the subject, Nina turned around and instead headed for the Room of a Thousand Fountains. Perhaps she'd be able to meditate there.

Tag: Mister_Master, whoever is playing "Deuce", anyone.

17. Darth_Ziantor

Darth_Ziantor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 5, 2005
    OOC: Darth_Ziantor, playing as Tevin "Deuce" Katal, reporting for the game!

IC: Tevin

The Force was throbbing with tension. Tevin watched his prey look over his shoulder for what he guessed to be the twentieth time in the past five minutes. The Weequay had escaped from an interrogation room in the planet's security force's undercity station. The Jedi had been asked to help, and the Council had passed the mission on to Deuce, knowing that it was an easy task for an experienced Padawan, and good practice for his trials. Deuce had managed to locate the Weequay through the Force rather quickly. The man reeked of fear through the Force, his paranoia permeating the Force. Deuce had been tracking him for ten minutes now.

His dark clothing was an asset in tracking. The Weequay had turned down a dark alley, and it looked as if he were headed for a basement door. Tapping into the Force, Deuce pushed the man against the wall and jogged up to the man. Letting him go with the Force, Tevin ignited his lightsabers. The green and silver blades lit up the darkness and cast a sickly shadow across Tevin's face. The Weequay squealed in terror. "No, Jedi, please don't kill me!"

"Kill you? Ha! Jedi don't kill needlessly. I'm not some sort of bounty hunter. No, I'm here to take you back to the security force office that you escaped from. Seems they weren't quite done asking you questions. Let's go."

Deuce grabbed the man by the collar and dragged him back to the station. Dropping him off, Deuce started making his way back to the Jedi Temple. On his way, his thoughts drifted back to Arin. She had been lost for so long now. Deuce couldn't believe that the Council refused to send out a search party. Arin had always been headstrong, and there had been times when her personality clashed with other, more respected Jedi, but that shouldn't have mattered. Jedi didn't abandon each other. The Force told Deuce that Arin was still alive, although she had been shattered. Once a bright spot in the Force, Deuce could barely detect her, and only at certain times. He needed to talk to Jess and Nina. The four of them had been inseparable from their early days as novices, before being assigned their own Masters. They had worked together, trained together, and grown up together. And now, they would find Arin together.

Walking into the Temple, Deuce reached out to them telepathically. Jess, Nina. It's Deuce. Meet me in the Hall of Records. We need to talk about Arin

TAG: Jess, Nina

Deuce knew that Nina was alive and needed to be rescued. She was still out there, somewhere.

18. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Jess
    Jedi Temple

Jess was still slumped on the bench when he heard footsteps in the hall, he picked himself up and sat on the bench. He closed his eyes, in case it was a Master he wanted it to look like he was meditating. It wasn't a Master, it was Nina, he could feel her presence. It would be nice to see a friendly face. He thought. He got up off the bench and walked over to the water, he splashed some water on his face and dried it with his sleeve. The water on his face made him feel better. He sat back down on the bench and watched as Nina turned the corner.

Tag:Nina

19. DarthAnakin101

Aug 21, 2005

"Have you forgotten your place, my still very young apprentice?" he asked Ataxia with a scowl, "I am still your master and superior." He used the Force to push her back down to her knees. "I still control your destiny."

20. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Ataxia growled as she was forced down to her knees and her eyes narrowed. She took a deep breath to calm herself though and then started going through everyone she had known back at the Temple. She hadn't liked most of the Jedi, and the feelings were often mutual. But then three faces popped into her head and her breath caught. How could she have forgotten? Jess, Nina, Duece.

21. DarthAnakin101

Aug 21, 2005

Gedeus probed Ataxia's mind and grinned. "They are the ones you must kill," he said to her in a small voice, "They are keeping you from your full potential in the Dark Side." He used the Force to lift her back to her feet. "Once you have destroyed them, you will be a Dark Lord of the Sith and my equal." He turned his back to her and smiled an evil smile. "They shall be no match for you, Lord Ataxia. You have been well trained."

22. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Ataxia nodded, fighting the old emotions that her friends' names brought to the surface.

"Yes, Master." She said solemnly. Her jaw was clenched and she gripped her wrist tightly with the opposite hand behind her back as she worked to regain control of herself and her Dark state of mind.

23. DarthAnakin101

Aug 21, 2005

"I sense the turmoil within you," Lord Gedeus said to his apprentice, "A true Sith does not have those feelings. Go now and kill those who hinder you. Remember, I will be watching you." He motioned for her to go and sat on the floor, preparing to meditate.

24. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    "Yes, Master." Ataxia repeated with another nod. She turned and walked quickly out of the room. Once she was a ways from the room Gedeus was in she spun and slammed her fist into the wall with yell.

"I absolutely must learn better control." She muttered. Though she had accepted the mission and treated the idea of it as if it were nothing she doubted she could kill her childhood friends.

Tag: Anyone

25. DarthAnakin101

Aug 21, 2005

In his meditation, Gedeus sensed his apprentice's anger and frustration. This mission was meant to test her, and he hoped she would be strong enough to defeat her so-called friends. He didn't want to have wasted his time in training her. Opening his eyes, Gedeus realized that he would have to make Ataxia doubt her friends; if her trust in them was shaken, her anger would take over and she would have no trouble killing them.

Gedeus implanted an image of her friends destroying a holo of the four of them. To get the images of the three Padawans, he took them from Ataxia's mind. Satisfied with himself, he went back into his meditations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.