main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Pain of Betrayal (Jedi/Sith RP Need 2 male jedi, 1 female Jedi, 1 Sith Lord!!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Twin_Saber, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: sorry about that. Some things came up and I wasn't able to reply.

IC: Jesse Dobek

Without waiting for a response from Master Kinober, Nina moved past him and Jesse, starting towards the building. "Let's get moving then."

Master Kinober started to follow her into the building. "Are you coming?"

Nina turned back, to see that Jesse wasn't following. "Jesse, come on!"

Right then he returned to his senses. "I'm sorry. All the pain, and terror of this area was clouding my mind. I'm ready now."

Jesse jogged into the building, and opened the door to the staircase. "Who wants to go down the creepy stairs first?" He said joking.

Tag: everyone

2. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Nina Marren
    Lower levels, Coruscant

"I'm sorry," Jesse said. "All the pain, and terror of this area was clouding my mind. I'm ready now."

Jesse jogged into the building, and opened the door to the staircase. "Who wants to go down the creepy stairs first?" He said joking.

Nina peered past him and down the stairwell. Creepy indeed... The building appeared to have once been an apartment complex, but she didn't sense anyone in the immediate area, aside from Master Kinober and Jesse, and judging by the state of the interior, the place had been abandoned for some time. "What's the matter, Jesse? Scared of the dark?" she teased back, moving onto the stairs and igniting her saber to use as a light source. But she quickly grew serious again as she started downwards, gesturing for Jesse and Master Kinober to follow. She could feel Arin's presence more clearly now than before, and it grew stronger the further down they went. "She's here," she told the other two. "She's in the building, somewhere close..."

Tag: Mister_Master, DarthAnakin101, Twin_Saber

3. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

Jesse waited while Nina peered past him down the stairwell. "What's the matter, Jesse? Scared of the dark?" she teased.

Before he could say anything she ignited her lightsaber and began to descend the stairs. "I'm not afraid of the dark." He said following. "I'm just afraid of the big creepy things that like to hide in the dark." He joked, then Ignited the golden blade of his own Lightsaber.

Nina became serious again, and gestured for them to follow "She's here," she told the other two. "She's in the building, somewhere close..."

"I feel her too. I just hope shes ok." He said, becoming serious himself.

Tag: Nina, Master Kinober.

4. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Abandoned apartment building, Lower levels, Coruscant

"I feel her too. I just hope she's okay," Jesse said.

Nina silently nodded as she continued down the stairwell. Though, considering what they'd been feeling from Arin's end of the bond, she had her doubts. On the other hand, feeling Arin's presence now, she sensed no trace of the pain they'd felt only minutes earlier--unless Arin was shielding, but if that were the case, how could Nina feel her presence now? And Nina still sensed no one else within the building, so who was causing the pain? It was all quite odd, in Nina's opinion, but at the moment, finding Arin was the most important thing.

About ten levels down from where they'd come in, Nina suddenly stopped on the landing. Arin's presence was stronger now than ever, so much so that, had she not known better, Nina would have thought the other girl to be standing right next to her. Opening a nearby door, she cautiously ventured in. Looking around for her friend, she called out, "Arin? Where are you?"

Tag: Mister_Master, DarthAnakin101, Twin_Saber

5. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

Jesse slowly followed Nina down the stairs. He wanted to get a good feel of the area before they confronted Arin's captors.

Jesse opened his mind to the force, and began a mental sweep of the building. The results of his sweep bothered him. He sensed Nina, Master Kinober, and Arin, but he couldn't sense her captives. And the fact that he could sense Arin bothered him. If she was being held captive by some one who could mask his presence then he shouldn't be able to feel her.

Jesse stopped when Nina stopped. Apparently they were both feeling the same thing. "Be careful." He whispered to Nina as she opened the door.

Jesse watched as she cautiously ventured through the door, calling out to Arin. "Arin? Where are you?"

Jesse slowly followed through the door his lightsaber ready for trouble. "Arin, are you in here?" He called out.

Tag: Nina, Kinober, Arin.

6. DarthAnakin101

DarthAnakin101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    IC: Darth Gedeus

Gedeus waited behind the two Padawans. "Arin? Where are you?" "Arin, are you in here?"

Ataxia, what are you doing? Your hesitation upsets me, and I do not enjoy being upset.

Tag: everyone

7. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Ataxia smiled and slunk forward out of the darkness.

I'm here Master. Forgive me my more dramatic tendencies but I think this occasion deserves a little flair. She replied.

"Hello, Jedi." She said snidely, lightsaber in one hand and chin held at a proud angle.

TAG: Nina, Jesse, Gedeus.

8. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Abandoned building, Coruscant's lower levels

Upon seeing Arin, standing there, seemingly unhurt, Nina felt a wave of relief wash over her, and a smile started across her face as she took a step forward. But the moment was short-lived, as a second later, Nina stopped in her tracks, the smile dying on her lips and her relief fading as she realized something was very wrong. Arin was fine. What happened to the crippling pains Nina and Jesse had been feeling over the past hours? There was no captor in the room, Arin bore no signs of any wound or injury, no blood...

"Hello, Jedi."

It was Arin's voice, but it didn't sound like Arin. The greeting was cold, snide. Nina had heard Arin speak like this before, but only to her enemies. Never had Arin spoken to her like that. Nor to Jesse, or Deuce. Not to her friends. And the way she'd said "Jedi," with such disdain, almost hateful... Like she no longer counted herself among them. What had happened to her?

Suddenly, Nina caught herself seriously wondering if Arin was not in her right mind. But the other girl seemed calm, collected, completely in control of herself.

So why, in the name of the Force, am I suddenly afraid of her?

"Arin, what's wrong?" she asked, hesitantly. At the same time, she reached for Jesse over their bond, being careful to keep her shields up so Arin wouldn't hear. Jesse, I don't know what the heck is going on, but I do not like it.

Tag: All

9. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Ataxia laughed, the sound both bitter and triumphant at once.

"Arin? Arin is dead. My name is Ataxia, and I'm here to kill you." She said with a ruthless grin as she flicked on the lightsaber in her hand. A crimson blade shot from the handle and she lept at the two Jedi with a snarl, her saber bathing everything in a bloody glow.

TAG: all

10. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

Jesse felt shocked when the realization hit him. The trap he was searching for was sprung, and it was Arin who trapped them. She never wanted for them to save her, it was all a ruse so she could kill them. Jesse quickly sent a reply to Nina. Try not to kill her, we may still have a chance to save her. He sent over the bond.

A crimson blade shot from the handle and she lept at the two Jedi with a snarl, her saber bathing everything in a bloody glow.

Jesse brought up his lightsaber, and into a Ataru defensive stance.

11. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Abandoned building, lower levels, Coruscant

Nina, too, brought her blade up to block Arin's attack, even as she reeled from the shock of what was going on. They'd clearly been set up. Arin had planned on them coming to look for her, and had sent false sensations of pain over their bond to urge them along. And Master Kinober (if that was his real name)...Arin's new teacher, she supposed. He'd probably given her orders to kill them, then led them right into her trap.

She heard Jesse over their bond: Try not to kill her, we may still have a chance to save her. She briefly met his eyes, giving the tiniest of nods to convey her understanding, but he needn't have said it. Enemy or not, Nina knew she would never be able to bring herself to kill Arin. Jedi did not kill their opponents, unless they had no other choice.

And Nina knew how aggressive Arin could be; it was part of the reason the Council and the rest of the Order had so quickly given up on her--they thought she was too aggressive to succeed as a Jedi. Nina had dismissed it for years--even Jedi were allowed to have faults--but now, seeing where such aggression led to, she realized how serious a flaw it really was. If Nina and Jesse weren't careful, Arin might very well kill them.

I'll try, Jesse, she sent back. But she may not give us the option.

12. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    IC: Ataxia

She met their defense with a derisive sneer. As Arin she had worked constantly to master the Juyo form of lightsaber fighting. As Ataxia she had altered her chosen form just enough to fit a Sith better than a Jedi. Thus allowing the emotions that fueled this form to show rather than just build up inside as they did in the normal use of Form VII.

"You Jedi are weak, I know you are thinking of an attempt to 'save' me. You are all so predictable. But don't worry, you won't live to see your failure." She taunted as she struck at Jesse, keeping tabs on Nina in case she tried to get behind her. She was outnumbered, but she was also certain she would win. For she had no compulsions against killing, she never had.

TAG: All

13. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Abandoned building, Coruscant lower levels

As Arin attacked Jesse, Nina moved around Arin, coming behind the other girl--not necessarily for a better fighting position, but so she could keep an eye on both Arin and "Master Kinober." He hadn't done anything yet, but Nina had no intentions of keeping her back to him--letting their guard down might prove a fatal mistake for her or Jesse. Neither of them had any idea as to what he was capable of doing. And there was no telling what he'd taught Arin, so while they could hold their own in a saber battle with her, they no longer knew everything about Arin's abilities.

We have to end this quickly, Jesse, she told him. Before she has a chance to show us any new "tricks." We don't know what she's learned from him, and I'd honestly rather not find out the hard way.

14. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

Jesse deflected, dodged, and parried Arin's blows. He was doing all he could to keep from falling to her crimson blade. She was stronger since the last time they sparred. He no longer knew what she was capable of.

From the corner of his eye he saw Nina etch behind Arin so that she could keep a better eye on the door.

We have to end this quickly, Jesse, she told him. Before she has a chance to show us any new "tricks." We don't know what she's learned from him, and I'd honestly rather not find out the hard way.
    Came over the bond.

If you are going to do something you'll have to do it quick. I don't know how much longer I can hold her off. He sent back.

Tag: Nina, Arin, Kinober.

15. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Arin laughed and struck quickly and strongly at Jesse's blade, toying with him before she would go in for the kill.

"You're weak Jedi. Unable to take me down even if you wished to." She taunted, dancing around the young man in a deadly web of blood red and black. She lashed out with foot and fist as well as her blade, becoming a whirling weapon in and of herself.

TAG: Nina, Jesse, Kinober.

16. DarthAnakin101

Aug 21, 2005

Ataxia, why must you draw this out? I am beginning to grow impatient. Destroy them now or I will take care of them myself. Gedeus spoke to his apprentice, keeping an eye on the two Padawans. He could sense that they both knew who he was, so he removed his cloak, allowing his own lightsaber to be more easily accessed. He moved slightly closer to the door, ready to prevent any early exits from the two Jedi in training.

Tag: Everyone

17. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Nina Marren
    Abandoned building, Coruscant lower levels

If you are going to do something you'll have to do it quick. I don't know how much longer I can hold her off,
    Jesse responded.

Though she was focused on Arin, Nina kept half an eye on Kinober, still lingering near the door and blocking the only exit. He'd removed his cloak, so there was nothing to stop him getting into the fray if the mood struck him. For the moment, however, he seemed content to let Arin do all the work.

As Arin attacked Jesse, Nina watched carefully, waiting for the right moment, before she swung her blade low, intending to just graze Arin's legs--not enough to sever, but if she succeeded, perhaps enough to incapacitate her...maybe...

18. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    This is my fight Master, I will take them when I feel they have felt sufficient pain. Ataxia replied.

She had just leapt backwards to avoid a strike from Jesse, thus placing one of her legs in the direct path of Nina's lightsaber. She dropped with a scream, the first one she'd uttered since she'd given in to Gedeus, as her leg was severed at the knee. Her lightsaber was jostled from her grasp and the pain distracted her from calling it back.

19. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004

She hadn't expected Arin to move at the worst possible second, and Nina's azure blade severed Arin's leg at the knee, rather than the glancing blow she'd intended. As the other girl fell, Nina quickly withdrew her blade to prevent further harming her, while Arin's lightsaber went flying through the air, landing somewhere on the floor nearby.

I'm sorry, Arin, she tried to send over their old bond. Whether Arin heard her or not, given the amount of pain she was surely in, she did not know. Some part of her wanted to help the other girl, to offer some further comfort, reassurance. Another part, still smarting from the depth of Arin's betrayal, was disgusted by such pity. But Nina's focus quickly shifted from Arin to Kinober, who had not yet reacted to his apprentice's defeat. This could be bad...

Her gaze moved to Jesse. As far as she could tell, Arin hadn't managed to hit him, but she wasn't sure. And, unhurt though they might be at the moment, how long they remained that way was currently questionable, depending on how badly Kinober responded to Arin's defeat. I didn't mean to hurt her that bad, Nina told Jesse through the bond. Now what do we do about him? Two Padawans against a fully-trained dark-sider? She wasn't going to say it, but she wasn't too optimistic about their chances.

20. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

Jesse dived away just in time for the lightsaber to fly over his head, and miss him by just a fraction. He felt the hair on the top of his head a little singed. That was close. He thought to himself.

Jesse jumped up, and ran over to Arin. It was worse then he thought. "Arin, I am so sorry we had to do this to you." He said looking at the wound.

I didn't mean to hurt her that bad, Nina told Jesse through the bond. Now what do we do about him?

Jesse totally forgot about Kinober. He swung around from Arin, and pulled up his lightsaber in a defensive stance. I have no idea. He is twice as strong as both of us, and I am already so tired. I don't know how long I can last for. I wish we had a Master here.

Jesse was just outside of exhaustion. The fight took a lot from him. Ataru was the aggression form, and he was on defense. It had defense moves, but against Arin's Juyo he got tired out faster.

Tag: All.

21. DarthAnakin101

Aug 21, 2005

Ataxia, get up. If you are truly worthy of being a Sith, you will get up. Gedeus moved to stand over his apprentice, one hand hovering near his lightsaber in case one of the Padawans decided to move. Or you will suffer more terribly than you ever did during your training.

Tag: Ataxia, everyone

22. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Ataxia began to push herself up, but when the wound brushed the ground as she moved to stand she yelled and collapsed again. Then, from her place on the ground, she reached out to blast Nina with lightning.

"Shut up you hutt-licking Jedi." Ataxia growled out loud, angry about their bond still being in tact and letting herself be wounded this way.

TAG: Nina, Everyone.

23. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC: Sorry this post is kind of long...

I have no idea, came Jesse's response. He is twice as strong as both of us, and I am already so tired. I don't know how long I can last for. I wish we had a Master here.

Nina did, too. Unfortunately, none of the Masters knew where they were. Surely they'd have noticed their absence by now...but how would they ever find them down here?

Kinober moved to stand over Arin, and even though she couldn't hear them, Nina knew something passed between master and apprentice. Eager to put some space between her and them, she backed away, slowly edging towards the now unguarded door. The entire time, she kept careful watch on Arin and Kinober, feeling a slight pang of guilt as Arin tried, and failed, to stand. She started to look to Jesse as a plan began to form in her mind--

And was forgotten in the next second, when a slight disruption in the Force set off warning bells in her head. Arin had attempted to take advantage of Nina?s brief distraction, and shot Force lightning at her. Just in time, Nina raised her lightsaber to block, and the lightning was harmlessly absorbed by the blue blade. Her gaze settled back on Kinober and Arin, watching them even as she reached to Jesse over their bond. I don't know about this, Jesse. I don't think she wants our help, and I'm starting to think she may be beyond help. Injuring her doesn?t seem to make her less dangerous, and if we can't get through to her, then we really only have one viable option left open to us... And Nina was nowhere near certain that either one of them could do it.

It's ironic, she added to Jesse, after a moment's reflection. We were the only ones who believed she was still alive, we were the ones who wanted to keep looking for her. Now that we know what happened to her, I wish we'd listened to everyone else. It sounds horrible, but I wish they'd been right. At least then, she wouldn't be like this.

It wasn't very Jedi-like to wish something like that on someone Nina had once considered a friend, but she'd rather mourn a dead friend than live with the knowledge that said friend had suffered a fate that, in her mind, was even worse than death. Too late now. At any rate, now was not the time for regrets. They still had to deal with Arin and Kinober, and with the latter being twice as powerful as Nina and Jesse combined...

Any bright ideas, Jess?

24. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

Jesse thought about what Nina sent through the bond. The only options he could think of he did not want to do. He hated this whole ordeal. He was starting to wish that they never left to look for her.

I don't know Nina. As you said she doesn't want us to help her. She only called us here so that she could kill us, and achieve her goal of becoming a Sith. Jesse hesitated before continuing. He hated what he was about to say, but it was the truth. Our Masters were right. Arin is dead. She died the moment she fell to the DarkSide. The person we see before us is not her, it's the monster who replaced her.

Jesse closed his eyes and immersed himself in the force, allowing it to calm him. I know it is hard to accept. I am having trouble accepting it myself. But if she was still our friend then she would not have said what she did. Arin is gone.

Jesse in his mind decided what they needed to do. I think the only thing left that we can do for her is to kill her. Arin would not like the person she has turned into. Jesse sighed. I will do it. I loved her, and I don't want you to have to carry the burden of knowing that you killed a friend. Jesse just told Nina the biggest secret he had ever carried. But it didn't matter anymore. He no longer cared.

TAG: everyone.

25. DarthAnakin101

Aug 21, 2005

I said get up, Ataxia, not attack them from the ground. That is not the way of the Sith. Embrace the pain, Ataxia, and get up. Prove to them that you are not hindered by pain or by your bond to them. Do it, Ataxia, do it now.

Gedeus began to back away from his apprentice when he felt a subtle nudge from the Force. He felt the conversation between Jesse and Nina, and though he could not here the exact words, he knew that Jesse gad decided to kill Ataxia. Despite his...awww, he loves her. Or loved her.

Using this to his advantage, Gedeus placed an image of Ataxia when he found her in Jesse's mind.

Tag: Everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.