main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Pain of Betrayal (Jedi/Sith RP Need 2 male jedi, 1 female Jedi, 1 Sith Lord!!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Twin_Saber, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Ataxia cut off the lightning and braced her hands on teh ground. She pushed herself up into a kneeling position, keeping the wound off the ground as much as possible. But she couldn't figure out how to get fully upright, or how she'd stay that way once she was. It reminded her of when she had first met Gedeus. Weak, unable to move, sprawled on the ground after an explosion with her skin badly burned and her dark hair singed. She had been unable to do anything to keep Gedeus from taking her to where he began her training. She'd been helpless. And now she was in a similar position. She hated it.

TAG: ALL

2. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Nina Marren
    Abandoned building, lower levels, Coruscant

Nina was no more enthusiastic about their options than Jesse was, but when he admitted his feelings for Arin, she was taken aback, and was even more shocked when he resolved to kill Arin himself. [i]Ataxia,[/i] she told herself. Jesse was right, and their Masters had been right? Arin was dead, destroyed by Kinober and Ataxia, and Nina and Jesse couldn?t keep holding themselves back by thinking they could save her. There wasn?t any part of Arin left to save.

Tears welled up in her eyes, but Nina refused to cry as she nodded to Jesse, understanding. Looking to Ataxia as the Sith-in-training tried to stand again, Nina finally let go of her attachment to her former friend and let the remnants of their old bond dissolve, and fade into nothing. [i]Goodbye, Arin.[/i]

Then she steeled herself?Ataxia was still dangerous, and there was no way Kinober was just going to let Jesse kill his student?or would he? Betrayal and deception were the ways of the Sith, after all, and if Ataxia?s injury compromised her ability to operate as a Sith, then she was of no use to Kinober. And if Kinober did let Jesse kill her, then what would his intentions be from there? Would he target one of them, attempt to twist them into becoming Ataxia?s replacement? [i]Should I even let Jesse kill her?[/i] It went against their training to kill an unarmed opponent?[i]she?s a [/i]Sith,[i] for crying out loud,[/i] she scolded herself. [i]She attacked me with Sith lightning, she?s hardly[/i] unarmed.

[i]Be careful, Jesse,[/i] she warned. [i]Remember, a Jedi does not kill in anger or aggression. Your mind must be clear, free of emotion. If Kinober tries to stop you, I?ll cover you.[/i]

[b]Tag: All[/b]

3. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Jesse Dobeck

Jesse saw a image of Arin sprawled on the ground with burns from an explosion run through his head. He couldn't help but feel sorry for his old friend. She had gone through so much pain and hardship. And now here she was again, in that same manner as when her new Master found her. Jesse pushed the image way from his mind. It was a trick, the Sith were trying to get him to put down his guard.

Be careful, Jesse, she warned. Remember, a Jedi does not kill in anger or aggression. Your mind must be clear, free of emotion. If Kinober tries to stop you, I?ll cover you.

Jesse turned to Nina. If I kill Arin, and he comes after me I want you to run. Don't try to save me. We won't stand a chance against him. But one of us can return to tell them what has happened. Jesse said through the bond. Nina, and Arin were the only things he ever really cared about. He would give his life up only if he could save them from death.

TAG: All.

4. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004

If I kill Arin, and he comes after me I want you to run. Don't try to save me. We won't stand a chance against him. But one of us can return to tell them what has happened. Jesse said through the bond.

Nina didn?t like this plan; she didn?t like the idea of leaving Jesse alone to face Kinober. The man could easily overpower them both?one of them alone stood no chance. But she understood why one of them had to make it back to the Temple. The other Jedi needed to know of this threat.

She might hate herself for it later, but she looked back at Jesse and gave the tiniest of nods, barely perceptible. All right. I don?t like it, but seeing as I don?t have a better idea?

Tag: Mister_Master, all

5. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: I apologize for my last post. I realized that I did something in there that could have been considered god-moding.

IC: Jesse Dobek

Jesse nodded to Nina, and stepped forward to face Arin. "Ataxia, for the murder of Jedi Arin Narran you will be brought to justice."

Jesse pulled his lightsaber into an Ataru battle stance, and waited for her to make the first move.

TAG: All

6. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Ataxia lunged up and forward but even as she did so her muscles collapsed under her. Her dark eyes rolled back and the lids dropped shut. The last word from her mouth sounded more like Arin than she had in months.

"Jesse..." The name escaped her lips after she had mostly lost consciousness, a softness in her voice that hadn't been there even before she turned. At least not while she was around others, or when she knew they were conscious. But once, on a mission when they were younger, she had said his name just like that when she though the was sleeping. He had been wounded and she thought he was asleep, she'd brushed his hair aside and whispered his name in a show of kindness she didn't often display.

7. DarthAnakin101

DarthAnakin101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    IC: Darth Gedeus

Lord Gedeus scowled. He looked down at Ataxia, anger in his eyes, and as he walked past her towards Jesse he stomped down on her hand. As he drew closer to Jesse, he took his lightsaber in his hand.

"Since you've probably realized who I am, I don't believe you plan on leaving here while I am still alive. But as you've also probably realized, I am more powerful than either of you could ever hope to be. So, now we've reached an impasse. If you run, I continue to live. If you stay, I'll probably still live and all you've done is gone and kill yourselves."

He ignited his lightsaber and pointed it downward. "The choice is your's. I will be patient while you decide."

Tag: Everyone

8. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

Jesse's reflexes suddenly shot out, and he caught Arin. There was something about the way she said his name the made his reflexes react. It was like he had heard it before. In a dream he had long ago. The sound of her voice reminded him of who she was, and he knew that there was still a chance for her. Despite his earlier feelings.

Jesse looked up to see The Sith walk by him. Jesse put Arin down, and switched his lightsaber back on. He wasn't sure what he intended to do, but if the Sith decided to attack he didn't want to be on the ground, with no defense.

"Since you've probably realized who I am, I don't believe you plan on leaving here while I am still alive. But as you've also probably realized, I am more powerful than either of you could ever hope to be. So, now we've reached an impasse. If you run, I continue to live. If you stay, I'll probably still live and all you've done is gone and kill yourselves."

He ignited his lightsaber and pointed it downward. "The choice is your's. I will be patient while you decide."

Jesse kept his blade level, and stared on after the Sith. He knew that neither of them could take him on by themselves. And the two of them together probably wasn't going to be enough either. Jesse looked over to Nina, and contacted her through the bond.

Nina, what do you think we should do?

Tag: all

9. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004

Nina, what do you think we should do?
    Jesse asked over their bond.

As if they had any real options--yes, they were being given a choice, but was there really a choice? Run and live--and let the Sith live--or stay and probably get themselves killed. Anyone else would have taken the safest option, and run for their lives, but Nina had no reason to trust Kinober, and she was not convinced that he was actually going to let them just go.

Do you really think he'll just let us
    leave? Just like that? If I were him, I wouldn't want it to get back to the Jedi Council that there's a Sith around. I think that even if we try to run, he'll still kill us. I'd rather stay and at least make a stand; even if we can't defeat him, even if he kills us both today, I'd rather go down fighting than running away.

Tag: All

OOC: Sorry, this is shorter than I'd like it to be, I would have put a little more effort into if I had time, but if I don't post now, then I won't have time again until after I get off work tomorrow afternoon. And since certain people can't seem to wait...

10. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    ((OOC: You could have waited, if you'd just told me how long it would take. I have no issue with waiting as long as I know someone's gonna post sometime soon. And I said I was sorry.))

11. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

Do you really think he'll just let us leave? Just like that? If I were him, I wouldn't want it to get back to the Jedi Council that there's a Sith around. I think that even if we try to run, he'll still kill us. I'd rather stay and at least make a stand; even if we can't defeat him, even if he kills us both today, I'd rather go down fighting than running away.

I agree. Jesse thought for a minute on ways they might be able to defeat him. Nothing came into his mind. There was no way the two of them alone could defeat him. If we had one more person we would have a fighting chance, but the two of us alone are no match. But we have no choice but to fight.

12. DarthAnakin101

Aug 21, 2005

Gedeus twirled his lightsaber in his hands. "You know, I'm finding patience to be more difficult than I had imagined it would be." He stood in a ready stance. "Let's try a different strategy." He moved to stand above Ataxia's fallen form.

"If you do not make your decision in the next minute, I am going to fry your weak friend's body until it is unrecognizable. If you have still not made your decision by then, then I'm afraid you will both share her fate."

He switched his lightsaber to his left hand and extended his right towards Ataxia. "Rest assured, I will send your charred remains to your beloved Jedi. Your minute begins, NOW."

13. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004

I agree. If we had one more person we would have a fighting chance, but the two of us alone are no match. But we have no choice but to fight.

Nina nodded to Jesse, just before Kinober began to speak. ?You know, I'm finding patience to be more difficult than I had imagined it would be. Let's try a different strategy." He moved to stand above Ataxia's fallen form. "If you do not make your decision in the next minute, I am going to fry your weak friend's body until it is unrecognizable. If you have still not made your decision by then, then I'm afraid you will both share her fate." He switched his lightsaber to his left hand and extended his right towards Ataxia. "Rest assured, I will send your charred remains to your beloved Jedi. Your minute begins, NOW."

Nina?s eyes widened. As much as she had suspected Kinober might turn on Ataxia, she felt that the threat was a little.. extreme. She gave no verbal response, but raised her lightsaber again, taking a defensive position. She looked again to Jesse, giving him another small nod to say she was ready for whatever happened next, and reached over the bond once more. May the Force be with us.

14. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

Jesse took a few steps away from Nina, and raised his lightsaber into a ready position. It was time to end it. Whether they lived or die was now up to the force.

"We know you don't plan on letting us leave here alive. We will fight." Jesse pulled his lightsaber up into a defensive stance, and waited for the sith to make the first move.

TAG: all.

15. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

16. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    ((I can PM Gedeus. But I don't want Nina getting mad at me again. You PM her.))

17. DarthAnakin101

Aug 21, 2005

Gedeus smiled. "Then you will die." He struck out with his lightsaber towards Jesse, but then slashed at Nina.

OOC: sorry, I'm terrible at fight scenes. I'll try my best, though :)

18. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC: That's okay, DarthAnakin. I can't really write action sequences either, especially duels. I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject.

"Then you will die," Kinober said. He had a smile on his face that seemed almost sinister to Nina, but she didn?t have time to muse on it further. A moment later, though he had initially struck out towards Jesse, the Sith master switched targets, slashing at her instead. Reacting on pure instinct, Nina barely managed to block in time, but was still nearly thrown off balance.

Any time you want to jump in, Jess? she prompted. This was not a battle she could fight alone.

19. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

The Sith lunged at him with his lightsaber, Jesse brought his lightsaber up to deflect it but he just hit air. The Sith had redirected his blow at Nina. It was a second before he recovered from the miss and was back in the fight.

Any time you want to jump in, Jess? Nina said through their bond.

Jesse pulled his lightsaber up and swung at Gedeus' shoulder.

TAG: everyone

20. DarthAnakin101

Aug 21, 2005

Gedeus turned to block the blow at his shoulder, but it managed to barely touch his skin. Glancing at the tear in his tunic, he snarled. "You'll pay for that, Jedi," he said, twirling his lightsaber. He lifted the blade and swung down, aiming for Jesse's neck.

Tag: everyone

21. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

Jesse brought his lightsaber up to deflect it. The strike came down hard, pushing him back a little bit. The previous fight took a lot out of him, leaving him drained. He had no idea how long he could stay in the fight.

Jesse took a step back, and came back in with his blade low, then brought it up towards his head.

TAG: DA101, Anne, Twin.

22. DarthAnakin101

Aug 21, 2005

Gedeus brought his blade down to meet Jesse's, holding it there. "You're getting tired, Jedi," he snickered, forcing Jesse's blade down and spinning away, so that he was a few steps further from Jesse. "Let the dark side replenish your energy. Otherwise, you'll never defeat me."

Tag: Everyone

23. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Abandoned building, lower levels

"You're getting tired, Jedi," The Sith Master was taunting Jesse as he attacked again, basically ignoring Nina. "Let the dark side replenish your energy. Otherwise, you'll never defeat me."

Nina's eyes widened as she realized what he was trying to do, and for a moment, she felt a flash of anger. No, she scolded herself. You must be calm, free of emotion. Releasing her anger into the Force, she reached again for Jesse. Don't listen to him, Jesse. He's trying to turn you. Remember, you can draw on the Force for strength, but don't give in to frustration and anger.

As Kinober moved away from Jesse, and closer to Nina, she raised her lightsaber then swung it down like a hammer, directing the blow towards the back of Kinober's head.

24. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

Jesse kept his lightsaber in a defensive stance, even after Gedeus disengaged. Jesse was covered in sweat, and gasping for breath.

"Let the dark side replenish your energy. Otherwise, you'll never defeat me."

Jesse could feel the temptation to call upon the dark side build up inside of him. He was frustrated, and he was angry. He so much wanted to kill this man. And by whatever means. He almost didn't care anymore.

Don't listen to him, Jesse. He's trying to turn you. Remember, you can draw on the Force for strength, but don't give in to frustration and anger.

Jesse snapped back to his sense. Jesse berated himself for what he almost did. He let the anger go, and called upon strength. With the strength he needed he turned towards Gedeus. "No. I will not give in." Jesse stood in a ready stance.

TAG: everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.